Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boinging Baggies deliver Rangers reality check – Report 23:15 - Aug 11 with 5138 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/62757
Boinging Baggies deliver Rangers reality check – Report on 06:27 - Aug 12 with 4511 viewsdmm

Hair FC combine; Tina Turner assists Iggy Pop.
Boinging Baggies deliver Rangers reality check – Report on 08:21 - Aug 12 with 4167 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Do we know why we weren't pressing on Saturday? We took the lead and then handed them the game. Last season we'd have been in their faces. It was very strange.
Boinging Baggies deliver Rangers reality check – Report on 08:37 - Aug 12 with 4112 viewswestberksr

yep, that pretty much summed it up.

pre-match beers at 11am is a little off, particularly as the disappointment just arrives 2 hours earlier than usual; pre-season optimism cut short
Boinging Baggies deliver Rangers reality check – Report on 08:54 - Aug 12 with 3991 viewsstevec

I wonder if we still have a number of players who are a little too fond of the Championship.

Didn’t think WBA were actually that good. Their defence was there for the taking, any side with some competent forwards will score against them.
Boinging Baggies deliver Rangers reality check – Report on 09:14 - Aug 12 with 3871 viewssaxbend

Very fair assessment of the team, though I've feel you've been extremely kind to the ref, whose apparent determination to disrupt the game as much as possible was mitigated only by the Baggies being far more interested in playing football than attempting to break legs or waste time.
Boinging Baggies deliver Rangers reality check – Report on 09:23 - Aug 12 with 3817 viewsNorthernr

Boinging Baggies deliver Rangers reality check – Report on 09:14 - Aug 12 by saxbend

Very fair assessment of the team, though I've feel you've been extremely kind to the ref, whose apparent determination to disrupt the game as much as possible was mitigated only by the Baggies being far more interested in playing football than attempting to break legs or waste time.

Yeh he was a pedantic pain, but no key decisions wrong so harsh to go much lower than a 6.
Boinging Baggies deliver Rangers reality check – Report on 09:33 - Aug 12 with 3764 viewsdaveB

thing I found weird was the obsession with long throws against a team of giants, made zero sense to me that one especially when we are no good at them. Andersons up in the air and off for a goal kick effort was a highlight
[Post edited 12 Aug 9:34]
Boinging Baggies deliver Rangers reality check – Report on 10:10 - Aug 12 with 3561 viewsthehat

Spot on Clive - Just as I saw events Saturday.

Might just be the kick in the bollocks we needed.
Login to get fewer ads

Boinging Baggies deliver Rangers reality check – Report on 10:31 - Aug 12 with 3470 viewsSuperhoop83

Agree with your assessment completely.

That West Brom starting 11 was the most Championship thing I have ever seen and they are nailed on for the playoffs yet again.

Suffering since 1978.

Boinging Baggies deliver Rangers reality check – Report on 10:38 - Aug 12 with 3440 viewskernowhoop

"But Smyth for the first, Paal for the second, and Lloyd for the third all trotted out to their man like it didn’t really matter, like they just had to go through the motions, like somebody else would mop up the mess potentially left behind."

'...like it didn't really matter...'

I think there is a clue here. We had just played six games where it didn't matter and in the last four of them had failed to score a goal. It 'didn't matter.' Attitudes and habits develop.

I do not know how you change mentality from six matches of that kind, to one where it matters a lot. QPR couldn't do it. Plymouth, yesterday, couldn't do it. Other teams manage it very well. I remember, years ago, watching an August defeat for QPR at Vicarage Road and concluding 'They think it's another pre-season friendly'. Somehow, we have to learn mentally and physically to step up the commitment when the season starts. If you agree, then how should it be done?
Boinging Baggies deliver Rangers reality check – Report on 11:04 - Aug 12 with 3342 viewsOldPedro

The most disappointing thing for me was the defending of crosses which was so good in the last third of last season. I did expect West Brom to beat us but didn't expect our defence to be so passive.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Boinging Baggies deliver Rangers reality check – Report on 12:09 - Aug 12 with 3068 viewsGaryBannister86

Boinging Baggies deliver Rangers reality check – Report on 09:33 - Aug 12 by daveB

thing I found weird was the obsession with long throws against a team of giants, made zero sense to me that one especially when we are no good at them. Andersons up in the air and off for a goal kick effort was a highlight
[Post edited 12 Aug 9:34]

I always love Rangers moments of high farce - even in actual despair it was tough not to laugh out loud at the Anderson throw in and the Frey air shot. Hysteria, perhaps.

Agree about the long throw tactic, made no sense, we've spent years proving that we can't actually reach the six-yard box, and seems very un-Marti like.
Boinging Baggies deliver Rangers reality check – Report on 12:18 - Aug 12 with 3006 viewsenfieldargh

Boinging Baggies deliver Rangers reality check – Report on 10:38 - Aug 12 by kernowhoop

"But Smyth for the first, Paal for the second, and Lloyd for the third all trotted out to their man like it didn’t really matter, like they just had to go through the motions, like somebody else would mop up the mess potentially left behind."

'...like it didn't really matter...'

I think there is a clue here. We had just played six games where it didn't matter and in the last four of them had failed to score a goal. It 'didn't matter.' Attitudes and habits develop.

I do not know how you change mentality from six matches of that kind, to one where it matters a lot. QPR couldn't do it. Plymouth, yesterday, couldn't do it. Other teams manage it very well. I remember, years ago, watching an August defeat for QPR at Vicarage Road and concluding 'They think it's another pre-season friendly'. Somehow, we have to learn mentally and physically to step up the commitment when the season starts. If you agree, then how should it be done?

It didnt matter in the friendlys errrrr

I understand WBA were utter tosh in their friendlys but they managed to play with purpose & bravery.

Our lot on the whole unwiling to play brave passes, all too much fannying about like Duncan Norvelle.

One point 1st half Collback did give Nardy grief after the keeper continued to play long & high to Dunne (could work) Smyth (no chance)

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Boinging Baggies deliver Rangers reality check – Report on 12:23 - Aug 12 with 2960 viewsdmm

Boinging Baggies deliver Rangers reality check – Report on 12:09 - Aug 12 by GaryBannister86

I always love Rangers moments of high farce - even in actual despair it was tough not to laugh out loud at the Anderson throw in and the Frey air shot. Hysteria, perhaps.

Agree about the long throw tactic, made no sense, we've spent years proving that we can't actually reach the six-yard box, and seems very un-Marti like.

"...and seems very un-Marti like." Yes, good point. I do wonder if Marti is making heavy hints to Nourry that the squad still needs strengthening.
Boinging Baggies deliver Rangers reality check – Report on 14:17 - Aug 12 with 2429 viewsmart_Goblin

Boinging Baggies deliver Rangers reality check – Report on 12:23 - Aug 12 by dmm

"...and seems very un-Marti like." Yes, good point. I do wonder if Marti is making heavy hints to Nourry that the squad still needs strengthening.

Oh there is something going on between Marti and the owners/ CEO , no doubt about that .
Not sure what but there are a lot hints and nudges from MC to basically “ask the CEO and don’t ask me about it .”

There has been a bit of a grumpiness about some of our key members since the players have come back . Marti in particular, Cook,Colback , JCS and Paal all in varying stages of looking like they have the bang hump, to real frustration to out right sulking ..
I mentioned about 4 weeks ago that the staff were amazed at the standards being set by the hierarchy….well ever since I pressed send on that post,things have unraveled slightly in lots of areas of the club. This club is bizarre at times …most times actually
Marti looked tired to me on Saturday . Might just be a one off but I do hope he isn’t being QPR’d already ?

Edit : I wrote this before I read Clives report which he basically covers. Memo to self …read the original post first dickhead
[Post edited 12 Aug 19:01]
Boinging Baggies deliver Rangers reality check – Report on 17:45 - Aug 12 with 1819 viewsBurnleyhoop

Boinging Baggies deliver Rangers reality check – Report on 12:18 - Aug 12 by enfieldargh

It didnt matter in the friendlys errrrr

I understand WBA were utter tosh in their friendlys but they managed to play with purpose & bravery.

Our lot on the whole unwiling to play brave passes, all too much fannying about like Duncan Norvelle.

One point 1st half Collback did give Nardy grief after the keeper continued to play long & high to Dunne (could work) Smyth (no chance)

All very well Colback berating Nardi for going long, but until we have outlets in midfield that are capable of turning and progressing the ball forward, just what is the point?

The current first eleven are no where near a Cifuentes side with Clive having nailed all the issues in his report. Happy to live with a month of mediocrity until reinforcements arrive and the likes of Smyth and Colback move to the bench where they belong.

Very odd performance from Celar though, but patience will be needed and hopefully he will get the service he needs from Chair and Dembele as, apparently, he comes alive in the box when given a sniff of a chance. Time will tell.
Boinging Baggies deliver Rangers reality check – Report on 18:09 - Aug 12 with 1743 viewsLoft1979

Actually,
I think that IS the legit response. I think questions about signings and transfers SHOULD be left at the CEO's feet. And as Marti says he has let them know his thoughts. Marti (unlike many) is getting good returns out of his assets, even given some weak spots are still there. But, we have also seen him expose the weak spots.

Agree totally with the point this is not Marti's 1st eleven. I would go further to say Walsh might get a shot at the #1 jersey.

PS: WB beat QPR to the new italian LB yet the incumbent was stellar on Sat.
[Post edited 12 Aug 18:15]
Boinging Baggies deliver Rangers reality check – Report on 19:02 - Aug 12 with 1581 viewsmart_Goblin

Boinging Baggies deliver Rangers reality check – Report on 17:45 - Aug 12 by Burnleyhoop

All very well Colback berating Nardi for going long, but until we have outlets in midfield that are capable of turning and progressing the ball forward, just what is the point?

The current first eleven are no where near a Cifuentes side with Clive having nailed all the issues in his report. Happy to live with a month of mediocrity until reinforcements arrive and the likes of Smyth and Colback move to the bench where they belong.

Very odd performance from Celar though, but patience will be needed and hopefully he will get the service he needs from Chair and Dembele as, apparently, he comes alive in the box when given a sniff of a chance. Time will tell.

1st paragraph is bang on the money
Boinging Baggies deliver Rangers reality check – Report on 19:09 - Aug 12 with 1555 viewsmart_Goblin

Pretty much spot on as always Clive .

3 goals and rightly called out the wide players for their defending but since Saturday I think the 2 centre backs have got off a tad lightly . Both ball watching for the first and third goal with an air of grumpiness and grouchiness since their return in the summer .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024