Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cifuentes Post-Match 18:46 - Aug 10 with 9609 viewsaston_hoop

Thought the comments on transfers around 7 minutes were interesting

[Post edited 10 Aug 18:47]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Cifuentes Post-Match on 18:52 - Aug 10 with 7765 viewsHooping_Mad

If we check in early can I have a seat on the wing?

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Cifuentes Post-Match on 19:35 - Aug 10 with 7475 viewsLunarJetman

He looks like he’s standing at a reception desk…
Cifuentes Post-Match on 20:56 - Aug 10 with 6903 viewsbosh67

In Marti and Chris we trust. The squad needs bolstering and I trust that it will be done. I thought we'd get turned over today and I suspect the first 4-5-6 games may be difficult but I fully hope and expect that once the new incomings start to settle in and the transfer window is shut that we will be okay.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Cifuentes Post-Match on 21:00 - Aug 10 with 6877 viewsmart_Goblin

Cifuentes Post-Match on 20:56 - Aug 10 by bosh67

In Marti and Chris we trust. The squad needs bolstering and I trust that it will be done. I thought we'd get turned over today and I suspect the first 4-5-6 games may be difficult but I fully hope and expect that once the new incomings start to settle in and the transfer window is shut that we will be okay.

I agree with this .
Just hope that if we do lose a few to start that’s it’s not too damaging to what can be a very flimsy bunch psychologically
Cifuentes Post-Match on 21:21 - Aug 10 with 6759 viewsbaz_qpr

What I love about Marti is he always gives an honest assessment. I walked out of the game thinking we were too passive against a team that was stronger, quicker and far more aggressive. We played like it was a preseason at times, 0 yellow cards, a real lack of midfield presence. All the goals conceded were terrible. Both full backs had really poor games as did Cook and both the Centre Mids
Cifuentes Post-Match on 21:26 - Aug 10 with 6690 viewsFDC

Cifuentes Post-Match on 21:21 - Aug 10 by baz_qpr

What I love about Marti is he always gives an honest assessment. I walked out of the game thinking we were too passive against a team that was stronger, quicker and far more aggressive. We played like it was a preseason at times, 0 yellow cards, a real lack of midfield presence. All the goals conceded were terrible. Both full backs had really poor games as did Cook and both the Centre Mids

Think Cook picked one up near the end to stop a breakaway

Think this is the most annoyed he's come across post match. And the comments about transfers definitely a bit punchy again, to use Clive's term
Cifuentes Post-Match on 22:37 - Aug 10 with 6233 viewsstainrods_elbow

Cifuentes Post-Match on 20:56 - Aug 10 by bosh67

It obviously wasn't nearly as bad as Watford this time last year, but I find it really aggravating and unprofessional that, once again, it appears to be a case of 'plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose'. A number of fans seems to be saying, as GA was telling us at the start of last season, that we're a month or more off where we need to be, let's get one or two more in, then we might start getting some results etc. etc.

We're in exactly the same position as every other club in this damn division, so why did West Brom look so much fitter, prepared and at it than us? It's unacceptable, and Cifuentes - who, for me, still has to really prove himself at this level - and the players have an important week ahead of them. Let's hope they're angry, and hungry!
[Post edited 10 Aug 22:42]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Cifuentes Post-Match on 23:39 - Aug 10 with 5968 viewsbosh67

Cifuentes Post-Match on 22:37 - Aug 10 by stainrods_elbow

It obviously wasn't nearly as bad as Watford this time last year, but I find it really aggravating and unprofessional that, once again, it appears to be a case of 'plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose'. A number of fans seems to be saying, as GA was telling us at the start of last season, that we're a month or more off where we need to be, let's get one or two more in, then we might start getting some results etc. etc.

We're in exactly the same position as every other club in this damn division, so why did West Brom look so much fitter, prepared and at it than us? It's unacceptable, and Cifuentes - who, for me, still has to really prove himself at this level - and the players have an important week ahead of them. Let's hope they're angry, and hungry!

I think Marti fully wants to prove what he can do at this level. We released or sold about 16 players and only have 5 in so far. It was pretty obvious from his post match interviews that we are pretty short of what we need to be fully competitive this season. But I think if the two incomings do actually come in that it gives us a much more dynamic left and right wing options. We have 3 strikers who are generally starved of service so I think this will help a lot.

I don't think you can compare this game in any way to Watford. This was an off day with a team that is short of a number of new signings and squad depth, but it is temporary. Last season it was a fairly horrifying blueprint of what was to come under Gareth. This wasn't even in the same universe as that game.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Cifuentes Post-Match on 01:36 - Aug 11 with 5532 viewsLoftgirl

Who lets the dreadful Ian McCulloch in on these things? Muttering and stuttering through the most basic questions. Embarrassing.
Cifuentes Post-Match on 01:41 - Aug 11 with 5515 viewsnumptydumpty

Whatever today was, we were playing one of the better sides in the division.

West Brom were excellent today and it was no disgrace to lose to a team that I feel will be in the play offs once more.

We played well in the last half hour and Varane made a big difference. Chair to return. Dykes also and hopefully two more attacking options being brought in, so can't say was too disappointed today.

Also said my mate after, leaving an Ainsworth game with a home defeat, there was no hope as the play was crap throughout. That's always far from the case with Marti's team.
[Post edited 11 Aug 1:42]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Cifuentes Post-Match on 07:21 - Aug 11 with 4852 viewsQPROslo

Cifuentes Post-Match on 01:36 - Aug 11 by Loftgirl

Who lets the dreadful Ian McCulloch in on these things? Muttering and stuttering through the most basic questions. Embarrassing.

I couldn't hear him. As bad as the sound quality from QPR+ yesterday.
Cifuentes Post-Match on 09:51 - Aug 11 with 4312 viewsPaddyhoops

Cifuentes Post-Match on 01:41 - Aug 11 by numptydumpty

Whatever today was, we were playing one of the better sides in the division.

West Brom were excellent today and it was no disgrace to lose to a team that I feel will be in the play offs once more.

We played well in the last half hour and Varane made a big difference. Chair to return. Dykes also and hopefully two more attacking options being brought in, so can't say was too disappointed today.

Also said my mate after, leaving an Ainsworth game with a home defeat, there was no hope as the play was crap throughout. That's always far from the case with Marti's team.
[Post edited 11 Aug 1:42]

Agreed . Thought we deserved another goal . We had our chances . Thought we were a bit passive at times and West Brom took advantage of that .
We’ll get better.
Cifuentes Post-Match on 09:58 - Aug 11 with 4280 viewsgazza1

MC and his team would be very disappointed with the performance and subsequent result yesterday - just like I was. Generally, all over the park, WBA were a step ahead of us.
Cifuentes Post-Match on 10:14 - Aug 11 with 4163 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Such a disappointing performance, and WBA didn't need to work for that win. Disagree that WBA are a good side, we made them look good, by not pressing or competing.
Too many times we were 2 yards off their player receiving the ball.
New players coming in, plus Chair to return. Can't see Colback, Smyth or Kolli being in that starting 11 in a couple of weeks. Colbacks legs have gone, Smyth offers no end product and Kolli lost the ball to easily in dangerous positions.

I still think we will finish top 10, and above WBA.
Cifuentes Post-Match on 10:19 - Aug 11 with 4133 viewsLblock

I do hope Marti isn’t getting a bit “CandleFace” on the new signings position?

If we do get some more quality through the door (stress quality) then I hope excellent prospects like Alfie and Rayan are lined up for short term loans so they can develop

Marti sounds a bit bristley to me when asked about transfers over this week
Sure he’s professional enough to deal with not getting all his presents for his birthday and not leaving anything for Christmas

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Cifuentes Post-Match on 10:42 - Aug 11 with 4026 viewsA40Bosh

Cifuentes Post-Match on 10:19 - Aug 11 by Lblock

If we do get some more quality through the door (stress quality) then I hope excellent prospects like Alfie and Rayan are lined up for short term loans so they can develop

Sure he’s professional enough to deal with not getting all his presents for his birthday and not leaving anything for Christmas

Re your last point, I think it is more likely he has been told by Nourrey to say nought about players in this new world of controlled announcements and cloak and dagger comms regarding length of contracts etc. I think from day 1 he probably knew the set up rather than being at odds with policy

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Cifuentes Post-Match on 11:36 - Aug 11 with 3785 viewsLadbrokeR

Cifuentes Post-Match on 22:37 - Aug 10 by stainrods_elbow

Marti has still to prove himself. I’m sure you noticed last season’s survival.
Cifuentes Post-Match on 12:31 - Aug 11 with 3600 viewsThe_Beast1976

Cifuentes Post-Match on 11:36 - Aug 11 by LadbrokeR

Marti has still to prove himself. I’m sure you noticed last season’s survival.

Stainrod's Elbow was pretty much gunning for Marti for the whole of the second half of last season. If he had his way, Marti would have been sacked at Xmas. I therefore wouldn't take too much notice
Cifuentes Post-Match on 13:16 - Aug 11 with 3436 viewsAntti_Heinola

Cifuentes Post-Match on 12:31 - Aug 11 by The_Beast1976

Stainrod's Elbow was pretty much gunning for Marti for the whole of the second half of last season. If he had his way, Marti would have been sacked at Xmas. I therefore wouldn't take too much notice

It’s a great tactic. I think I’m right in saying the last manager to be poached from us was Jim Smith. So actually, if you begin every new reign saying you think the manager isn’t good enough, you are likely to be ‘proved’ right in the end. Its now at the stage where some fans say it from day one, so they can claim to be the ultimate soothsayer. Pretty tiresome, but whatever helps you achieve orgasm i guess.

Bare bones.

Cifuentes Post-Match on 14:10 - Aug 11 with 3157 viewsstainrods_elbow

I know this board isn't exactly an epitome of scholarly exactitude or nuanced reading, but your assessment is so ludicrous you must be working as a clown in a circus.
[Post edited 11 Aug 14:11]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Cifuentes Post-Match on 18:33 - Aug 11 with 2762 viewsBklynRanger

Cifuentes Post-Match on 10:19 - Aug 11 by Lblock

I've been thinking the same about Marti - he's now said 2 or 3 times in as many weeks that the club knows what needs to be done as far as additions, and has talked about the need for 'internal competition ' etc.

He's apparently not afraid of putting pressure on Nourry on this point, but I found yesterday a bit odd if we're to believe these stories of two very promising wingers coming in - would have thought he'd be a bit more upbeat, who knows.
[Post edited 11 Aug 18:37]
Cifuentes Post-Match on 18:46 - Aug 11 with 2673 viewsdaveB

no need for that really, bloke just doing his job and a big QPR fan
Cifuentes Post-Match on 19:59 - Aug 11 with 2393 viewsSuperhoops2808

I called him out on it last month and as expected he denied it - Since he arrived until he kept us up, and then oh look he is the best thing since sliced bread

It could be said he doesn't know his arse from his elbow
Cifuentes Post-Match on 20:00 - Aug 11 with 2383 viewsNorthernr

Had a good chat with Ian in the Crown last night, QPR through and through, worth cutting some slack.
Cifuentes Post-Match on 20:02 - Aug 11 with 2345 viewsSpaceman_P

I'm going to do the un-thinkable here guys.

Why has Marti changed the formula of last season?" he's kind of changed the formation and style a bit, he should've just stuck with what killed off Leeds until teams figure us out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024