Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Miss of the season award 15:37 - Aug 10 with 4866 viewsandrew1302

Well that one is sorted. Take a bow Mr Frey.
Miss of the season award on 16:12 - Aug 10 with 4637 viewsNed_Kennedys

It was an air shot: it happens.
There will be loads worse than that before the season ends.
Miss of the season award on 17:39 - Aug 10 with 4225 viewsstevec

Miss of the season award on 16:12 - Aug 10 by Ned_Kennedys

It was an air shot: it happens.
There will be loads worse than that before the season ends.

Golf, fair enough, but your own actual fckin foot?
Miss of the season award on 17:50 - Aug 10 with 4187 viewsMrSheen

The bloke behind me sagely pointed out that for all our exasperation at Frey not putting his opportunities away he was much closer to the ball than Celar.
Miss of the season award on 18:20 - Aug 10 with 4070 viewsnumptydumpty

Miss of the season award on 17:50 - Aug 10 by MrSheen

The bloke behind me sagely pointed out that for all our exasperation at Frey not putting his opportunities away he was much closer to the ball than Celar.

You werent in front of me by any chance Mr Sheen

Frey had three opportunites in twenty minutes and he was a bit of a presence which Celar today wasnt at all.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Miss of the season award on 21:41 - Aug 10 with 3784 viewsMrSheen

Miss of the season award on 18:20 - Aug 10 by numptydumpty

You werent in front of me by any chance Mr Sheen

Frey had three opportunites in twenty minutes and he was a bit of a presence which Celar today wasnt at all.

SBS on half way, two thirds back!
Miss of the season award on 01:44 - Aug 11 with 3354 viewsnumptydumpty

Miss of the season award on 21:41 - Aug 10 by MrSheen

SBS on half way, two thirds back!

Was in Bhatia Stand towards middle few rows from the front.

My voice is not that loud then !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Miss of the season award on 07:59 - Aug 11 with 2997 viewsnix

Good point. He also created one of his own chances by battling for the ball, passing and then being there for the shot. He defintely showed more aggression and fight for the ball than any other of our front-line. I'd just love one of those shots to go in, even off his shin, backside, top of his head, I don't care just to get the monkey off his back. As one of our lot said he's maybe trying too hard to score at the moment.
Miss of the season award on 08:10 - Aug 11 with 2930 viewsThe_Beast1976

If Frey and Celar are the answer, then the wrong question has been asked. They both look awful (Frey just carrying on from last season, but goodness knows where Celar thought he was yesterday, because he clearly didn't realise he was on a football pitch and was supposed to move around a bit)
[Post edited 11 Aug 8:12]
Login to get fewer ads

Miss of the season award on 09:09 - Aug 11 with 2750 viewsSK_hoops

Miss of the season award on 08:10 - Aug 11 by The_Beast1976

If Frey and Celar are the answer, then the wrong question has been asked. They both look awful (Frey just carrying on from last season, but goodness knows where Celar thought he was yesterday, because he clearly didn't realise he was on a football pitch and was supposed to move around a bit)
[Post edited 11 Aug 8:12]

Celar the friendly ghost.
Miss of the season award on 09:18 - Aug 11 with 2726 viewsPaddyhoops

At least he looked fit . Poor miss though.
Would be nice if we didn’t write Celar off after one game .
He was poor but so was the service to him .
He’ll come good eventually.
Miss of the season award on 09:21 - Aug 11 with 2705 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I thought Frey did well when came on, despite the air kick, as he had a bit of physicality. Celar looked a little shell shocked, which is not surprising.

Give everyone a chance, it's only game one!
Miss of the season award on 10:31 - Aug 11 with 2565 viewsgolborne

Miss of the season award on 09:09 - Aug 11 by SK_hoops

Funny you say that, he ghosted into little pockets around the halfway line on several occasions in the first half. He created a clear passing lane through to him, often from defence, but they never came.With braver passing we could have been out. However, to be fair to the other players, they’re not yet used to his movement and probably weren’t even looking at him for the next pass - and when ghosting you can’t exactly be waving your arms in the air that you’re free.
I’ll agree that he looked a little lost at times, but it’ll take time for all to get used to each other. Regardless of the level of the Swiss league, of which I haven’t a clue, his stats tell you he knows where the net is, so let’s see where he’s at in a couple of months.
Miss of the season award on 10:43 - Aug 11 with 2504 viewsRs_Holy

Miss of the season award on 09:09 - Aug 11 by SK_hoops

is he related to Adam Czerkas?
Miss of the season award on 12:31 - Aug 11 with 2336 viewsNed_Kennedys

Miss of the season award on 09:21 - Aug 11 by Wilkinswatercarrier

I thought Frey did well when came on, despite the air kick, as he had a bit of physicality. Celar looked a little shell shocked, which is not surprising.

Give everyone a chance, it's only game one!

I also thought Frey did well: always involved and a definite presence in the penalty area, keeping their defence occupied which meant more space for others.
Think he will have a decent season for us.

Stupid to write him off after he’s had 20 minutes of the new season.
Miss of the season award on 12:36 - Aug 11 with 2317 viewsdaveB

Frey did alright when he came on but the air shot was very funny though
Miss of the season award on 12:38 - Aug 11 with 2306 viewsNorthernr

Bit of a stretch to say he did well, I've got him on a 5. What I did like, and what Celar didn't do, is he immediately stuck one on Ajayi. That massive back four of theirs bullied and dominated us all day, so it was nice to belatedly see us give a bit back - albeit too late and 3-1 down.
Miss of the season award on 14:22 - Aug 11 with 2165 viewstkqpr

Miss of the season award on 12:38 - Aug 11 by Northernr

Bit of a stretch to say he did well, I've got him on a 5. What I did like, and what Celar didn't do, is he immediately stuck one on Ajayi. That massive back four of theirs bullied and dominated us all day, so it was nice to belatedly see us give a bit back - albeit too late and 3-1 down.

One of the highlights was also when Heggem was gonna have a go at Smyth and Frey side stepped in the way and bumped him off his stride with his chest.
Miss of the season award on 14:25 - Aug 11 with 2152 viewsSpaceman_P

and Dykes
Miss of the season award on 21:55 - Aug 16 with 1627 viewsQPR_Hibs

Garnacho for Man Ure tonight just blew Frey's miss out of the water.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Miss of the season award on 21:59 - Aug 16 with 1595 viewsHAYESBOY

Sinclairs in pre season was a doozy.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Miss of the season award on 22:20 - Aug 16 with 1471 viewsHunterhoop

Dykes’ miss the other year was much worse than Frey’s.

Also, Frey’s goal against Cambridge was a goal our forwards just haven’t been scoring for a few years. Involved in the build up, then find space 25 yards out to receive the ball to feet, good touch to open the body and bang, hard and low into the corner(ish).

It’s a proper forward’s goal.
Miss of the season award on 22:30 - Aug 16 with 1432 viewsLblock

Miss of the season award on 22:20 - Aug 16 by Hunterhoop

Also, Frey’s goal against Cambridge was a goal our forwards just haven’t been scoring for a few years. Involved in the build up, then find space 25 yards out to receive the ball to feet, good touch to open the body and bang, hard and low into the corner(ish).

With you 100% here

That miss you as one no professional footballer has any business being involved with
Woeful

Forgot to add…. Frey looked oks a striker to me, no pace which is a shame, but at least he’s looking to always be on the move and with purpose
He’s a starter for me at the moment
[Post edited 16 Aug 22:32]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Miss of the season award on 23:52 - Aug 16 with 1264 viewsBoston

Very BOS.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Miss of the season award on 12:43 - Aug 17 with 995 viewsNushnool

Yes, it was a really good goal.

It reminded me of Harry Kane. Except more mobile.
Miss of the season award on 01:13 - Aug 18 with 786 viewsSK_hoops

Miss of the season award on 10:43 - Aug 11 by Rs_Holy

is he related to Adam Czerkas?

Must be a ghost as I don't remember him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024