Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Early Kick offs – Travel and Logistics 12:37 - Aug 9 with 2586 viewsEastR

So, it looks like 1230 is likely to become the new 3pm.

How’s everyone’s routine changing to accommodate?
Pre match lunch becomes breakfast. Anyone know any early opening times for the local watering holes?

And to cap it all, tomorrow my train line has engineering works needing an earlier early start.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Early Kick offs – Travel and Logistics on 12:52 - Aug 9 with 2510 viewsNorthernr

Crown is opening at 10am for the 1230 kicks offs this season.
Early Kick offs – Travel and Logistics on 14:41 - Aug 9 with 2357 viewsLongsufferingR

Soon enough they will realise that people have become accustomed to 12:30 and changed their travel plans accordingly. Then they will decide on 9am kick-offs instead.
Early Kick offs – Travel and Logistics on 14:45 - Aug 9 with 2342 viewskingsburyR

It's fuking wrecked my season it its mainly 12.30's.

My kids have sports on a Saturday morning.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Early Kick offs – Travel and Logistics on 15:24 - Aug 9 with 2201 viewsdaveB

I'll probably go straight to the ground and pay over the odds on warm san miguel in the blue and white bar
Early Kick offs – Travel and Logistics on 15:39 - Aug 9 with 2153 viewsstowmarketrange

I’m being picked up at 7.45 tomorrow to get there in time.
We went to the white horse last Saturday and they reckon that they’ll probably lose about £1,000 for each early kickoff.
Thanks to Sky.
Early Kick offs – Travel and Logistics on 15:40 - Aug 9 with 2147 viewsNorthernr

Early Kick offs – Travel and Logistics on 15:39 - Aug 9 by stowmarketrange

I’m being picked up at 7.45 tomorrow to get there in time.
We went to the white horse last Saturday and they reckon that they’ll probably lose about £1,000 for each early kickoff.
Thanks to Sky.

yeh Jimmy at the Crown is gutted, he's making a real effort with the place as well but sht like this doesn't help. First 3pm is Portsmouth in October.
Early Kick offs – Travel and Logistics on 15:46 - Aug 9 with 2119 viewsQPunkR

Fcuking Sky ba$tards. That is all

QPR - "shit but local"

Early Kick offs – Travel and Logistics on 15:57 - Aug 9 with 2061 viewsthehat

It's a complete pain in the arse for most fans and I certainly would not of renewed our family season tickets had I known.

Massive knock on effect for the local economy too.

Definitely time to remove the 3.00pm blackout clause.
Login to get fewer ads

Early Kick offs – Travel and Logistics on 15:59 - Aug 9 with 2046 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Defectors says 11am on their website but maybe they will start opening a bit sooner too.
Early Kick offs – Travel and Logistics on 16:23 - Aug 9 with 1923 viewsqpr_1968

can't make any 12.30 kos, unless i'm on leave or rest days.

working all saturdays has never been a problem for me with 3 oc kos.

i think portsmouth at home on october 19th is our first 3.00 ko at loftus road....

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Early Kick offs – Travel and Logistics on 16:38 - Aug 9 with 1893 viewsdmm

I feel for the pubs as business continues to be tough for many of them. Perhaps post match drinking will increase a bit?
Early Kick offs – Travel and Logistics on 16:42 - Aug 9 with 1883 viewsstowmarketrange

Early Kick offs – Travel and Logistics on 16:38 - Aug 9 by dmm

I feel for the pubs as business continues to be tough for many of them. Perhaps post match drinking will increase a bit?

I think most post match drinking is dependent on a positive result rather than the pre match hopeful drinking.
Early Kick offs – Travel and Logistics on 16:53 - Aug 9 with 1844 viewslosethedrum

Will be up at 6am , out the door 7.40 to cycle to the 8.17 train from Norfolk.
When the 1st three home games were shifted to 12.30 i was wondering if that was going to become the norm but there are no more 12.30 home kick offs from sept 21st until after christmas so it seems that we take a big hit & then it improves somewhat.
Can understand why people are unhappy as when Royal mail kept moving the start of work times later i could no longer make the 12.17 for a 3pm start & had to give up my season ticket.
I really dislike the sky evening kick offs moving to 8pm as it means missing the 22.30 home from Liverpool st which meant i could comfortably get to bed for 2am after a bit of a wind down & now it's the 23.30 & bed after 2.30/3 am .
Early Kick offs – Travel and Logistics on 22:59 - Aug 9 with 1536 viewsstowmarketrange

Another crap decision by Sky is the fact that I can’t record tomorrow’s game on my Sky glass.I can stay home and watch it for free,but I can’t watch it later after making the effort to get to the game live.I can record any game in leagues 1 and 2 though.
Football is nothing without the fans they say.W@nkers.
Early Kick offs – Travel and Logistics on 23:19 - Aug 9 with 1479 viewscolinallcars

Fans seem to have been quite uncomplaining thusfar but when your alarm goes off at half past fido in the early mortgage the proverbial penny will drop.
Early Kick offs – Travel and Logistics on 00:35 - Aug 10 with 1420 viewsChrisNW6

Totally fcked my weekends, got elderly parents 2hrs away, who I visit every Sat and getting back for 3pm games was already a slog but impossible now for early games.
Early Kick offs – Travel and Logistics on 01:06 - Aug 10 with 1386 viewsconnell10

SKY ARE KUNTS !!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Early Kick offs – Travel and Logistics on 07:11 - Aug 10 with 1238 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The only thing fans can do: drop your Sky subscriptions and the more people do this, the more likely they are to change.

The footy authorities also need shooting and the clubs, who I assume voted this in, also need a kick up the backside.

To put it bluntly: if fans moan about the affect of early k.o. and they still part with their money to Sky, then you get what your paying for.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Early Kick offs – Travel and Logistics on 08:11 - Aug 10 with 1128 viewsSussex_Ranger

Early Kick offs – Travel and Logistics on 07:11 - Aug 10 by PlanetHonneywood

The only thing fans can do: drop your Sky subscriptions and the more people do this, the more likely they are to change.

The footy authorities also need shooting and the clubs, who I assume voted this in, also need a kick up the backside.

To put it bluntly: if fans moan about the affect of early k.o. and they still part with their money to Sky, then you get what your paying for.

I've been reading this forum for ages but this is the first time I've posted a message.

I have always hated how Sky messed about with fixtures without a thought for the supporters who actually attend games and with the huge increase in live games and moved 3pm matches, enough was enough for me.

I had already paid for my season ticket but when I realised how many games had been moved to 12:30pm, I contacted the club to let them know my thoughts and one of their replies is below. I travel up from Sussex and due to other commitments (my children's clubs), I cannot make 12:30pm KO's. QPR have given me a full refund.

I don't have Sky TV and never have (I loathe them!) Personally, I think more people need to ditch Sky and boycott games to show how we feel. Let the club/league know. Because it's only going to get worse otherwise. I've spoken to supporters of other Championship clubs who feel the same as me.

Here is a response I had:

Good morning,

Thank you for your email and for taking the time to contact us.

We unfortunately, sadly have very little say over the tv selections and fixtures, and we understand the frustrations that season ticket holders feel. We would recommend reaching out to the EFL directly with any queries as they should have the information to be able to advise and assist. They can be reached via email on enquiries@efl.com.

The Box Office will be able to assist with your request of cancellation and a refund for your season tickets, and we have left them CC’d into this chain.

We’re thankful and appreciative of both you and xxxxx for your continued support.

Kind regards,

Chloe Tong
Supporter Relations Manager
Early Kick offs – Travel and Logistics on 09:02 - Aug 10 with 1023 viewscolinallcars

Early Kick offs – Travel and Logistics on 16:38 - Aug 9 by dmm

I'll certainly do my level best….
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024