Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Preview 24/25 – Contenders 08:34 - Aug 6 with 4287 viewsNorthernr

Oh God, here we go then. Part one, the bookies favs...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/62719
Season Preview 24/25 – Contenders on 09:47 - Aug 6 with 3993 viewsEastR

Superb opening Clive, people winning medals in Paris for less this week.

Had to add up those Leeds outs - Farke me, £100m + and here’s us hoping for a couple of bob in to spend before the end of August.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Season Preview 24/25 – Contenders on 11:02 - Aug 6 with 3711 viewsngbqpr

Equal parts downright hilarious (way too many genuine LOLs to single out just one) and 'deep dive' insightful, ably backed up by the oppo supporting cast.

I feel genuinely clued up now on all these clubs.

Cov will be interesting - they seem to be doing everything right, but that sounds like a bit of a rum do with the coach.

And spare a thought for Kieffer Moore, this year's model for "gets teams promoted every season but never deemed good enough for a shot at the Prem".

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Season Preview 24/25 – Contenders on 12:59 - Aug 6 with 3351 viewsAndybrat

I am a glass half full type but reading the above excellent report makes me realise ( even with a weaker league) it’s going to be tough. Hoping the masses realise this, anywhere above 16th without too many scares would show we are on the journey.
Season Preview 24/25 – Contenders on 14:26 - Aug 6 with 3028 viewsTheChef

Cheers Clive, great stuff. Look forward to the rest of the previews.

The Championship feels like even more of a crapshoot this season.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Season Preview 24/25 – Contenders on 15:02 - Aug 6 with 2896 viewsAntti_Heinola

amazing work, thanks Clive.

Bare bones.

Season Preview 24/25 – Contenders on 15:54 - Aug 6 with 2733 viewsderbyhoop

As has become normal, it's hard to bet against the relegated sides. Parachute payments ( Y1) exceed most of the other Championship club's turnover.
Saying that, Sheff Utd were a mess last year, so 10th seems v plausible. If a side with Hamer, O'Hare and Keiffer Moore cant challenge, Wilder will be gone before Xmas.
Leeds selling Gray, Summerville and Kamara have probably staved off an FFP investigation. They have 4 strikers most clubs would be happy to take on.
The hardest part must be trying to assess transfer activity up to end August. Sympathy to you, Clive. Thanks for all the humorous asides.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Season Preview 24/25 – Contenders on 07:22 - Aug 7 with 1568 viewsPhildo

Just wanted to say I hope you and Anna will be very happy together.
Season Preview 24/25 – Contenders on 10:05 - Aug 7 with 1280 viewsstevec

I’m waiting to find out if we’re in the also rans or no hopers.
Login to get fewer ads

Season Preview 24/25 – Contenders on 10:07 - Aug 7 with 1280 viewssaxbend

I can't see Leeds making the top two. They will finish above us, I'm sure, but may not even make the playoffs. They have a huge debt and a massive wage bill. They won't be spending very much of the transfer fees they're getting this summer on new signings, and let's face it, there's a huge gulf between how good they can be at their best and how good they are on average across a season.

If we're all throwing out table predictions, here's one from me:

1. Luton
2. Coventry
3. Burnley
4. Middlesbrough
5. Norwich
6. Hull
7. West Brom
8. Leeds
9. Portsmouth
10. Sheffield Wednesday
11. Bristol City
12. QPR
13. Millwall
14. Sunderland
15. Cardiff
16. Plymouth
17. Preston
18. Swansea
19. Derby
20. Oxford
21. Sheffield United
22. Watford
23. Blackburn
24. Stoke
Season Preview 24/25 – Contenders on 11:06 - Aug 7 with 1166 viewsNorthantsHoop

My overall hope is we can maintain or at least transfer our better away form of recent seasons to Loftus Road and we finally make HQ a tough place to come again, as we have been a bit of a soft touch in W12 for quite a few years now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024