Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Latest Sky picks/horror show 16:06 - Jul 30 with 5193 viewsNorthernr

Latest Sky picks/horror show on 23:19 - Jul 30 with 1310 viewshamptonhillhoop

Latest Sky picks/horror show on 22:49 - Jul 30 by daveB

It wouldn't affect us but it would the next few generations

Would it though Dave? Rangers have improved their gates over the last few years with more young fans turning up. My group is three fifty odd year olds and two in their late twenties. My daughter went to university in Nottingham and met a lad from Acton and his mate who also go regularly. Our away support is increasingly young. I'm hoping it will continue
Latest Sky picks/horror show on 00:02 - Jul 31 with 1221 viewseastside_r

Was really hoping that they would move Swansea away from Boxing Day, but of course they haven’t; the bastards.
Latest Sky picks/horror show on 11:32 - Jul 31 with 910 viewsthehat

I agree maybe time to remove the 3.00pm blackouts if Sky agree to considerably reduce the adjusted kick off times.

Most fans will continue to go to 3.00pm kick offs regardless if it is on Sky.
Latest Sky picks/horror show on 11:50 - Jul 31 with 865 viewsTheChef

I mean 12.30 kick offs are just the worst for atmosphere let alone everything else. Oh but yeah football without fans is nothing...

I'd really love to see the financials for Sky's EFL deal, like how much profit are they actually making? I suppose they still get the ad revenue but does it really generate more subscriptions? Audiences must be fairly miniscule. How many neutrals are going to tune in to QPR v Watford?

Just feels like Chelscum and youth players, Sky hoover up these deals because they don't want anyone else to have them.

Game's gone, etc.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Latest Sky picks/horror show on 11:54 - Jul 31 with 854 viewsEastR

Latest Sky picks/horror show on 22:07 - Jul 30 by hamptonhillhoop

I think that's clearly what they're trying to do. Make it so bad that we'd all happily accept getting rid of the 3pm blackout so we can all get back to normal. In fairness if they showed live Premier League games at 3pm on a Saturday, none of us would change our habits. We'd still all be at Loftus Road
[Post edited 30 Jul 22:10]

Agree. The people who go to matches predominantly don't care about the blackout, the ones who care are a different audience

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Latest Sky picks/horror show on 12:28 - Jul 31 with 747 viewsNorthernr

The blackout was basically there because of clubs like Grimsby and Scunny who I watched a lot when I was a kid. Basically everybody in both the towns supports Grimsby and Scunny, and go to watch Grimsby and Scunny, but if you ask them who they support they say almost exclusively "United", Liverpool and some Leeds. In places like that it's always been sort of assumed that if Man Utd v Liverpool was being televised at the same time as Scunny v Mansfield or Grimsby v Cheltenham it would conceivably knock anything up to 50% off the gate.

Now while that situation still persists - lots of little cnts walking round in "City" shirts now of course - I think it's just so easy to get a hookie stream of the 3pm games anyway, would it really impact? Probably a bit. It still makes a big difference in places like that, where Sky isn't the norm, and the population is older (less savvy about streaming), when the game is on in the pub. But it's probably not as catastrophic as it once would have been/or was ever perceived.

Non league teams would probably say Harrow Borough would get noticeably fewer for a game that clashed with a televised Arsenal v Spurs game I guess. But I'm fast coming round to the idea that the blackout is doing more harm than good now. Which is probably what Sky want me to think.
Latest Sky picks/horror show on 14:17 - Jul 31 with 553 viewsfrancisbowles

Latest Sky picks/horror show on 12:28 - Jul 31 by Northernr

The blackout was basically there because of clubs like Grimsby and Scunny who I watched a lot when I was a kid. Basically everybody in both the towns supports Grimsby and Scunny, and go to watch Grimsby and Scunny, but if you ask them who they support they say almost exclusively "United", Liverpool and some Leeds. In places like that it's always been sort of assumed that if Man Utd v Liverpool was being televised at the same time as Scunny v Mansfield or Grimsby v Cheltenham it would conceivably knock anything up to 50% off the gate.

Now while that situation still persists - lots of little cnts walking round in "City" shirts now of course - I think it's just so easy to get a hookie stream of the 3pm games anyway, would it really impact? Probably a bit. It still makes a big difference in places like that, where Sky isn't the norm, and the population is older (less savvy about streaming), when the game is on in the pub. But it's probably not as catastrophic as it once would have been/or was ever perceived.

Non league teams would probably say Harrow Borough would get noticeably fewer for a game that clashed with a televised Arsenal v Spurs game I guess. But I'm fast coming round to the idea that the blackout is doing more harm than good now. Which is probably what Sky want me to think.

Abolish it but not for Prem games or any game involving a current premium team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024