Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hot drinks 18:34 - Jul 15 with 1059 viewsbuilthjack

Why are they so expensive?
A cup of tea costs about 10p to make. They have overheads yes, but to make £2.50 - £3.00 or more on a cuppa?
Coffee around £3.00 - £4.00 for a Latte. Scandalous.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Hot drinks on 18:41 - Jul 15 with 853 viewsmax936

We use Costa's a lot up at Morriston Hospital when lad is in and their prices have sky rocketed.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Hot drinks on 18:43 - Jul 15 with 849 viewsraynor94

Scandalous, I certainly wouldn't put any money into the coffers of Costa Starbucks and Nero, a total rip off!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Hot drinks on 18:43 - Jul 15 with 842 viewsonehunglow

Because of supply and demand
People are prepared to pay because they want a cup of tea.
People can always take their own

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Hot drinks on 18:49 - Jul 15 with 839 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

There is about 80 percent profit on a cup of coffee these days. Whoever worked out that we are dull enough to pay £3.00 for a cup of coffee is a genius.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Hot drinks on 19:21 - Jul 15 with 795 viewsmax936

Hot drinks on 18:43 - Jul 15 by onehunglow

Because of supply and demand
People are prepared to pay because they want a cup of tea.
People can always take their own

Its not that easy to take your own R, spent more than enough time there to know as well, unfortunately

Hot drinks on 19:24 - Jul 15 with 779 viewsonehunglow

Hot drinks on 19:21 - Jul 15 by max936

Its not that easy to take your own R, spent more than enough time there to know as well, unfortunately

Not always S but it’s about planning .
No offence meant

Hot drinks on 19:25 - Jul 15 with 784 viewsSullutaCreturned

Hot drinks on 18:43 - Jul 15 by raynor94

Scandalous, I certainly wouldn't put any money into the coffers of Costa Starbucks and Nero, a total rip off!

I'm the same, I refuse to pay those prices, I won't pay for the swill they serve at the football either.
Hot drinks on 19:27 - Jul 15 with 778 viewsonehunglow

Hot drinks on 19:25 - Jul 15 by SullutaCreturned

I'm the same, I refuse to pay those prices, I won't pay for the swill they serve at the football either.

Without meaning to offend anyone,I have bought a beverage at any game
Somebody bought me a warm plastic bottle of carlsberg at Anfield once
I can’t believe so many queue to buy such shite
Better take a bag of Liquorice Alsorts ( bassets of course)

Login to get fewer ads

Hot drinks on 19:35 - Jul 15 with 779 viewsmax936

Hot drinks on 19:24 - Jul 15 by onehunglow

Not always S but it’s about planning .
No offence meant

Non taken R. with the lads condition is issues can be vast so most of his stay is in A&E and assessment unit, nightmare, moreso for Mrs cause she won't come home, although we had cover last time he was in for a while, we had an overnight nurse come in, provided by the care service company that send nurse and an assistant here, but Mrs had a call earlier this afternoon to say that the owner has put the Company into administration giving the 300 staff 11 days notice

We don't know the full story though in fairness.

Hot drinks on 19:50 - Jul 15 with 761 viewsonehunglow

Hot drinks on 19:35 - Jul 15 by max936

Non taken R. with the lads condition is issues can be vast so most of his stay is in A&E and assessment unit, nightmare, moreso for Mrs cause she won't come home, although we had cover last time he was in for a while, we had an overnight nurse come in, provided by the care service company that send nurse and an assistant here, but Mrs had a call earlier this afternoon to say that the owner has put the Company into administration giving the 300 staff 11 days notice

We don't know the full story though in fairness.

I was in A and E yesterday .
Thankfully, they were handing out free bottles of water
I’m very fussy over coffee and haven’t had “ ordinary” coffee for years

Hot drinks on 20:19 - Jul 15 with 751 viewsmax936

Hot drinks on 19:50 - Jul 15 by onehunglow

I was in A and E yesterday .
Thankfully, they were handing out free bottles of water
I’m very fussy over coffee and haven’t had “ ordinary” coffee for years

What happened? you didn't drop and trip over your wallet did you?

Hot drinks on 20:21 - Jul 15 with 743 viewsonehunglow

Hot drinks on 20:19 - Jul 15 by max936

What happened? you didn't drop and trip over your wallet did you?

I'll dm you

Hot drinks on 12:08 - Jul 16 with 637 views1983

It's because people are thick and brain washed and are the same people that will buy a sandwich for lunch at £3/£5 a day instead of buying bread & filling for the same amount and will feed them all week.
When I was a kid nobody drunk coffee and a coffee shop was a place in Amsterdam where people smoked dope...like I said brain washed!

Hot drinks on 12:21 - Jul 16 with 630 viewsonehunglow

Hot drinks on 12:08 - Jul 16 by 1983

It's because people are thick and brain washed and are the same people that will buy a sandwich for lunch at £3/£5 a day instead of buying bread & filling for the same amount and will feed them all week.
When I was a kid nobody drunk coffee and a coffee shop was a place in Amsterdam where people smoked dope...like I said brain washed!

It’s more conditioning 1983.
As a society ,we are led by the nose really.

I have never understood why so many buy warm plastic bottles of carlsberg at games ,nor what masquerades as tea or coffee.

Nothing the matter with water. And tap at that .

Hot drinks on 12:35 - Jul 16 with 625 viewsjohnlangy

A slightly different take on the brainwashing comment

Costa, Starbucks and Nero are registered in countries other than the UK (i'm not 100% certain about all three but you'll get my gist).

You buy a coffee and the sale is registered as having happened in Switzerland say. So they don't pay the requisite local tax on that whereas there are many local coffee shops around who have no choice but to pay all taxes.

And what do people do ? They go to Costa/Starbucks/Nero and not the locally owned cafe. Because it's the thing to do innit.

And they are probably more expensive than the locally owned places .
Hot drinks on 13:14 - Jul 16 with 599 viewsSullutaCreturned

Hot drinks on 12:35 - Jul 16 by johnlangy

Costa, Starbucks and Nero are registered in countries other than the UK (i'm not 100% certain about all three but you'll get my gist).

You buy a coffee and the sale is registered as having happened in Switzerland say. So they don't pay the requisite local tax on that whereas there are many local coffee shops around who have no choice but to pay all taxes.

And what do people do ? They go to Costa/Starbucks/Nero and not the locally owned cafe. Because it's the thing to do innit.

I think, for tax purposes, a lot of thm register the head office in the ROI because they have very low corporation tax. That way they avoid hundreds of millions of UK taxes, not just these three but Google, Amazon, McDonalds etc.

Maybe it's time for a law change, maybe the government should say if you want to oerate here you need a head office here and to pay all due taxes on all money earned in the UK.

Or, if they cannot do that then make it so any company without a Uk head office has to ay a much larger minimum wage.

If that's nto possible or feasible then they must find something to do because UK wealth is beingbtransferred to rich foreigners and it has to stop.
Hot drinks on 13:30 - Jul 16 with 588 viewspencoedjack

Well I enjoy a coffee from Starbucks.

Each to their own nobody forces me or you to buy it.
Hot drinks on 15:37 - Jul 16 with 538 viewsonehunglow

Hot drinks on 13:30 - Jul 16 by pencoedjack

Well I enjoy a coffee from Starbucks.

Each to their own nobody forces me or you to buy it.

TBF I am now a coffee snob.

Hot drinks on 18:01 - Jul 16 with 498 viewsmax936

Hot drinks on 12:35 - Jul 16 by johnlangy

If there was that option at the Hospital we'd have used it, don't go to Costa's anywhere else, not even the one at Next anymore.

Hot drinks on 18:07 - Jul 16 with 497 viewsraynor94

Hot drinks on 18:01 - Jul 16 by max936

If there was that option at the Hospital we'd have used it, don't go to Costa's anywhere else, not even the one at Next anymore.

What's the coffee like in the canteen at Morriston

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Hot drinks on 19:43 - Jul 16 with 466 viewsmax936

Hot drinks on 18:07 - Jul 16 by raynor94

What's the coffee like in the canteen at Morriston

Apart from the odd Latte I'm a Tea man.

Hot drinks on 20:59 - Jul 16 with 434 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Yes worked with a girl who spent £5 or £6 a day on M&S lunches who complained that she could not afford a holiday when I went away. I explained that she was spending over £1000 a year on lunch and I was spending about £300 by preparing my own at home.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Hot drinks on 21:02 - Jul 16 with 430 viewsmajorraglan

Going back to the original point, it’s because commercial rents are extortionate, business rates are high as is the cost of gas and electric and then there are staffing costs, minimum wage these days is £11.44 plus on costs. A stall in Swansea market can cost £14kper year.

I agree tea and coffee are expensive, but it’s not too difficult to see why.
Hot drinks on 21:03 - Jul 16 with 427 viewsonehunglow

Hot drinks on 20:59 - Jul 16 by JACKMANANDBOY

Yes worked with a girl who spent £5 or £6 a day on M&S lunches who complained that she could not afford a holiday when I went away. I explained that she was spending over £1000 a year on lunch and I was spending about £300 by preparing my own at home.

Simple really
A little preparation

Hot drinks on 21:40 - Jul 16 with 399 viewspencoedjack

Hot drinks on 21:02 - Jul 16 by majorraglan

Going back to the original point, it’s because commercial rents are extortionate, business rates are high as is the cost of gas and electric and then there are staffing costs, minimum wage these days is £11.44 plus on costs. A stall in Swansea market can cost £14kper year.

I agree tea and coffee are expensive, but it’s not too difficult to see why.

& in fairness those who work in Starbucks are pleasant & work hard 👍
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024