Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Emma Raducando 04:45 - Jul 4 with 9523 viewsFredManRave

With so much negative shite going on everywhere, in general, at the moment it was just a simple breath of fresh air to see a still very young 21 year old, sports professional, who has gone through so much in the last 2 years, to finally play (back) to her potential.

She called her 2nd round win, "winning ugly", a la England, but today she was supreme.

And skill and dedication aside, in the post match interview, just showed how much she is appreciative of and enjoys, the special gift that she's been given.

A real highlight and nice break from all the negativity being espoused at the moment.

And now she's playing mixed doubles with Andy Murray, so we all know who's fault that will be if they don't win the title!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Emma Raducando on 07:43 - Jul 7 with 2042 viewsGaryBannister86

Emma Raducando on 20:13 - Jul 5 by johnhoop

Yep I watched it as well and she played extremely well, probably better than she’s done at any time since the US Open. She seems to be in a good place again mentally, relaxed and enjoying her tennis.
I think her confidence seemed to get to Sakkari, who made an amount of unforced errors that you wouldn’t expect from a player of that quality.
As you say, possible banana skin in the next round but if she can maintain that standard she has nothing to fear.

Really annoyed by Judy Murray's "astonishing" reaction on X about Radacanu's withdrawal from the mixed doubles. I don't think the Murrays have ever got much wrong, and I believe Andy to be Britain's greatest ever sportsman, but this one surely wide of the mark.

Emma's young and getting a decent run into a Major. All her focus needs to be on that, not a farewell hit and giggle with Andy (who can barely move, so would definitely lose anyway) and when Andy was Emma's age in this position there isn't a way in the world he would be playing basically an exhibition match right now.

Disappointing and I hope Andy comes out in support asap.
[Post edited 7 Jul 8:06]
Emma Raducando on 08:20 - Jul 7 with 1942 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Emma Raducando on 07:43 - Jul 7 by GaryBannister86

Really annoyed by Judy Murray's "astonishing" reaction on X about Radacanu's withdrawal from the mixed doubles. I don't think the Murrays have ever got much wrong, and I believe Andy to be Britain's greatest ever sportsman, but this one surely wide of the mark.

Emma's young and getting a decent run into a Major. All her focus needs to be on that, not a farewell hit and giggle with Andy (who can barely move, so would definitely lose anyway) and when Andy was Emma's age in this position there isn't a way in the world he would be playing basically an exhibition match right now.

Disappointing and I hope Andy comes out in support asap.
[Post edited 7 Jul 8:06]

Greatest sportsman is a bit OTT, but you're bang on after that.

Not a tennis fan myself, but I'd wager no one who is grows up dreaming of playing mixed doubles! She's gone through a hellish period in her career, why risk it to give a bloke who should have hung it up years ago a few more games.

Judy Murray has enjoyed the limelight off the back of her son's career. Not as bad as Amy Winehouse's father, but I can't think of anyone whose projected themselves more as she has, and with it coming to an end, she should button it, because it certainly ain't about her either. How graceful would it have been if she'd said: perfectly understandable and good luck Emma!

I also hope Murray says something supportive toward Emma, which I'm sure he would, but now has his mummy's big gob to circumvent.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Emma Raducando on 08:46 - Jul 7 with 1909 viewsGaryBannister86

Emma Raducando on 08:20 - Jul 7 by PlanetHonneywood

Not a tennis fan myself, but I'd wager no one who is grows up dreaming of playing mixed doubles! She's gone through a hellish period in her career, why risk it to give a bloke who should have hung it up years ago a few more games.

Judy Murray has enjoyed the limelight off the back of her son's career. Not as bad as Amy Winehouse's father, but I can't think of anyone whose projected themselves more as she has, and with it coming to an end, she should button it, because it certainly ain't about her either. How graceful would it have been if she'd said: perfectly understandable and good luck Emma!

I also hope Murray says something supportive toward Emma, which I'm sure he would, but now has his mummy's big gob to circumvent.

Judy claiming that it was the scheduling she was having a go at, not Emma

https://tennisuptodate.com/atp/not-sure-anyone-understands-sarcasm-these-days-ju
Emma Raducando on 09:01 - Jul 7 with 1879 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Emma Raducando on 08:46 - Jul 7 by GaryBannister86

Judy claiming that it was the scheduling she was having a go at, not Emma

https://tennisuptodate.com/atp/not-sure-anyone-understands-sarcasm-these-days-ju

Fair enough if it wasn't a dig at Emna, but she should know well enough that Wimbledon scheduling is never centred on the mixed doubles, and should have said so.

That said: seems a little case of repurposing from where I'm sat.
[Post edited 7 Jul 9:09]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!

Emma Raducando on 09:08 - Jul 7 with 1868 viewshantssi

Emma Raducando on 08:20 - Jul 7 by PlanetHonneywood

TBF, no one is as bad at that as Lewis Hamiltons dad!
Emma Raducando on 09:10 - Jul 7 with 1863 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Emma Raducando on 09:08 - Jul 7 by hantssi

TBF, no one is as bad at that as Lewis Hamiltons dad!

Has he done strictly too?

Emma Raducando on 09:13 - Jul 7 with 1850 viewsGaryBannister86

Emma Raducando on 09:01 - Jul 7 by PlanetHonneywood

Fair enough if it wasn't a dig at Emna, but she should know well enough that Wimbledon scheduling is never centred on the mixed doubles, and should have said so.

Yeah doesn't wash I am afraid, especially as she shared a quote on Insta from Serena Williams saying what a great experience it was to play with Murray. If it really was misunderstood, why didn't she tweet that straight away once the backlash happened rather than blocking her entire feed?

I suspect Andy told her to get things straight, and fast. Hope so anyway.
Emma Raducando on 12:01 - Jul 7 with 1669 viewsNoelmc

I was lucky enough to be on Centre Court on Friday and thought Emma is developing into a very good match player. She plays the big points well and mixes her game up, often forcing her opponent to play one more shot when she is in very defensive positions. Good luck to her in her match today.

It was also my first time to Sinner play up close and he was very impressive. He hits the ball so hard but with fantastic control. He appears to have a great all-round game including an excellent serve. He looked a level above Alcarez, who I saw earlier in the day, and would be my tip for the men's title.
Login to get fewer ads

Emma Raducando on 13:46 - Jul 7 with 1555 viewsthame_hoops

I’ve noticed the dress code in the crowd since Covid has gone downhill. You Used to have to be quite smart, there was definitely no football shirts allowed.
Emma Raducando on 14:24 - Jul 7 with 1498 viewsNed_Kennedys

Emma Raducando on 09:01 - Jul 7 by PlanetHonneywood

Pretty dumb choice of mixed doubles partner by Murray’s camp to begin with.
Top singles players quite often drop out of doubles if they go far in a tournament and it was obvious Radacanu was in form prior to Wimbledon as well as having a patchy injury record so this was always likely to happen.
Should’ve chosen a legacy partner such as Hingis who wasn’t in the singles to guarantee participation.
Emma Raducando on 17:08 - Jul 7 with 1377 viewsdandaqpr

Playing now 0-2 down in the first set
Emma Raducando on 17:21 - Jul 7 with 1339 viewsstevec

Emma Raducando on 08:34 - Jul 4 by CroydonCaptJack

It was a brilliant win. I love Wimbledon and am going on Sunday so I really hope she gets through tomorrow so I have a chance of seeing her.

John Terry is there too.
Emma Raducando on 17:28 - Jul 7 with 1312 viewsjohnhoop

Emma Raducando on 17:08 - Jul 7 by dandaqpr

Playing now 0-2 down in the first set

Hasn’t turned up so far today. Totally different from a couple of days ago. Don’t know whether the Murray business has got to her.
Emma Raducando on 18:54 - Jul 7 with 1180 viewsMalintabuk

1 all and a very good fightback from Emma. Sun though is a strong opponent.
Hopefully she will go on to win it.... but her back seems a worry
Emma Raducando on 19:02 - Jul 7 with 1146 viewsNed_Kennedys

Emma Raducando on 17:28 - Jul 7 by johnhoop

Hasn’t turned up so far today. Totally different from a couple of days ago. Don’t know whether the Murray business has got to her.

Seems cautious today and not taking as many risks: Sun however has certainly raised her game for the big occasion.
Emma Raducando on 20:07 - Jul 7 with 1016 viewssupahoopsa

Unlucky Emma, inspired opponent, but she will know all about that. Brilliant match, some terrific shots

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

Emma Raducando on 20:27 - Jul 7 with 970 viewsthame_hoops

Once her head goes down, she tends to strut and sulk a bit.. I thought her head was gone as soon as she hurt her ankle.
Emma Raducando on 20:29 - Jul 7 with 966 viewsNorthernr

So much of professional sport at the highest level is about your ability to play through pain and injuries.
Emma Raducando on 20:32 - Jul 7 with 947 viewsNed_Kennedys

Emma Raducando on 20:27 - Jul 7 by thame_hoops

Once her head goes down, she tends to strut and sulk a bit.. I thought her head was gone as soon as she hurt her ankle.

Yeah it was just a question if the other girl would hold her nerve to finish the job which she did very well. Missed opportunity: she was not playing her best even before her slip.
(No subject) (n/t) on 22:08 - Jul 7 with 815 viewsEastR

Emma Raducando on 17:21 - Jul 7 by stevec

John Terry is there too.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Emma Raducando on 22:12 - Jul 7 with 810 viewsbosh67

Emma Raducando on 20:29 - Jul 7 by Northernr

So much of professional sport at the highest level is about your ability to play through pain and injuries.

She's like a beautiful Matthew Rose.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Emma Raducando on 22:32 - Jul 7 with 768 viewsthame_hoops

Reading social media and comments on the daily mail, she seems quite hated. Not sure why. I know people are mad about the Murray thing, but it’s been going on longer than that. What has she has done to attract such negative attention? Seems quite cruel towards a young professional sports woman.
Emma Raducando on 23:09 - Jul 7 with 731 viewsBucksRanger

Emma Raducando on 22:32 - Jul 7 by thame_hoops

Reading social media and comments on the daily mail, she seems quite hated. Not sure why. I know people are mad about the Murray thing, but it’s been going on longer than that. What has she has done to attract such negative attention? Seems quite cruel towards a young professional sports woman.

Possibly down to inherant, internally unrecognised racism. Father is Romanian and mother is Chinese. It's maybe enough to spark a dislike of Emma Raducanu in some people without them even knowing why.

She seems perfectly pleasant to me.
Emma Raducando on 02:50 - Jul 8 with 624 viewsnix

I don't think a lot of people who criticise her in the comments section of sports pages have any idea how absolutely difficult it is to win a Grand Slam tennis major. I just looked at a couple of female players in the top 20 (not household names) and neither had gone past the fourth round of a GS. One, Ludmilla Samsonova, is 25 so four years older than Emma and has played in 21 GSs, mostly in the main draw. She has only reached the fourth round twice in a GS and never any further. And yet she's been as high as 12th in the world rankings. She was the 15th seed at Wimbledon and went out in the third round to the 17th seed. Emma in contrast is world number 135 and yet beat the world number 9 in the third round and reached the fourth round herself.

Emma has been able to play only nine GSs as she's only 21 and missed a year through being on crutches and couldn't play much when doing her A levels but has reached the fourth round twice as well as winning the US Open. It's just bloody hard.
Emma Raducando on 08:43 - Jul 8 with 474 viewshubble

I found yesterday's match really disappointing. It looked to me that Emma was off her game right from the very start, and it occurred to me that that old witch Judy Murray's comments had got to her.

Like the England football team, Emma Raducanu has to cope with a huge weight of expectation, in complete contrast to her opponent yesterday, who hadn't even been expected to get this far. I think you could see that difference in their play. Emma just didn't play with the verve and freedom that has marked her previous matches in this tournament. Her injury might have been more psychosomatic than real.

It must be incredibly tough to have such a huge focus on you. I think in the main she copes with it very well. But to hear that people are giving her a hard time about not playing that meaningless doubles match with Andy Murray (who personally, I can't stand) makes me angry on her behalf. Such is the nature of elite sport. Not exactly a pleasant business!

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024