Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League cup being messed about with 20:12 - May 29 with 2886 viewsloftboy

Teams being seeded so teams in Europe don’t play each other. 🤬

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

League cup being messed about with on 20:29 - May 29 with 2804 viewsLowerloftLad

I keep saying this but all the sides that gain a European spot should opt out of the league Cup.

The final at Wembley would still sell and would have an even better atmosphere with two sides who wouldn't usually make a cup final.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

League cup being messed about with on 20:51 - May 29 with 2722 viewsEsox_Lucius

Just put the names in the draw and pull out the winners.

The grass is always greener.

League cup being messed about with on 07:49 - May 30 with 2447 viewsdaveB

that's not a bad idea really and gives lower league clubs a better chance of getting a big team in the early rounds
League cup being messed about with on 08:46 - May 30 with 2327 viewsslmrstid

Isn't there already an element of seeding in it anyway so Championship clubs get drawn against lower league sides? Sure I've read that before, I'm sure you never see all Championship ties in the first round.
League cup being messed about with on 08:49 - May 30 with 2319 viewsGus_iom

League cup being messed about with on 07:49 - May 30 by daveB

that's not a bad idea really and gives lower league clubs a better chance of getting a big team in the early rounds

Yeah, my initial reaction was 'how very dare they', but then I considered this point. It might lead to smaller teams getting a bit more tv coverage and a few extra ££, but on reflection they'll probably televise Everton v Bournemouth etc
League cup being messed about with on 08:54 - May 30 with 2299 viewsBluce_Ree

Who cares?

Given our record in the cups, they are as relevant to us as a javelin is to Tyson Fury.

Whatever way they do or don't seed it, we're still going out with a whimper.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

League cup being messed about with on 10:07 - May 30 with 2162 viewsterryb

Unless it has recently changed, which I think it may have, no Championship clubs played against each other in the first round.

I'm fairly sure that Premier clubs avoid each other in the second round as well, so this would be a change with minimal effect.
League cup being messed about with on 12:05 - May 30 with 1999 viewsenfieldargh

League cup being messed about with on 10:07 - May 30 by terryb

Unless it has recently changed, which I think it may have, no Championship clubs played against each other in the first round.

I'm fairly sure that Premier clubs avoid each other in the second round as well, so this would be a change with minimal effect.

We played Norwich at home....and lost

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Login to get fewer ads

League cup being messed about with on 12:10 - May 30 with 1960 viewsSheffieldHoop

League cup being messed about with on 12:05 - May 30 by enfieldargh

I would just kick out the prem at this point and dump the EFL Trophy. It's the EFL cup. Premier League is not the EFL. You don't want to play in it anyway. Fck off.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

League cup being messed about with on 12:36 - May 30 with 1886 viewsThe_Beast1976

League cup being messed about with on 12:10 - May 30 by SheffieldHoop

I would just kick out the prem at this point and dump the EFL Trophy. It's the EFL cup. Premier League is not the EFL. You don't want to play in it anyway. Fck off.

This ^

I'd also pull all EFL teams out of the FA Cup and start a new cup which includes everyone who usually enters, except for PL clubs. Fcuk the PL.
League cup being messed about with on 12:47 - May 30 with 1838 viewsslmrstid

I'd forgotten all about that...probably for the best!
League cup being messed about with on 13:24 - May 30 with 1739 viewsTheChef

League cup being messed about with on 12:47 - May 30 by slmrstid

I'd forgotten all about that...probably for the best!

"Cup competitions can do one"

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

League cup being messed about with on 13:30 - May 30 with 1718 viewsMatch82

League cup being messed about with on 20:29 - May 29 by LowerloftLad

I keep saying this but all the sides that gain a European spot should opt out of the league Cup.

The final at Wembley would still sell and would have an even better atmosphere with two sides who wouldn't usually make a cup final.

Would also stop all the nonsense of a) playing B teams, because the non European teams would see this as a legit chance for Europe b) whining about fixture congestio
League cup being messed about with on 13:42 - May 30 with 1695 viewsenfieldargh

Make the prem teams nominate a 20 man squad for the rumbelows cup,

if the squad they nominate gets decimated by injury then subs with no more than say 3 prem league appearances be allowed to step in.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

League cup being messed about with on 16:09 - May 30 with 1566 viewsterryb

Yes we did & I'd forgotten! The second round had at least 2 all Premier matches as well.

It certainly used to be that way & it must have changed in recent seasons, so it would seem strange that they have brought back any seeding.
League cup being messed about with on 17:34 - May 30 with 1466 viewsqpr_1968

teams in europe should all play each other in the first round, that means half of them get knocked out, and they have'nt got to worry about the league cup, they can concentrate on europe.
the remaining lot can play each other in the second round, until eventually there's one left.
they can do what they like then.....who cares anyway.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

League cup being messed about with on 18:12 - May 30 with 1417 viewsThaiHoop

I think take the prem teams out and instead of a European place, give incentive to the EFL teams by guaranteeing the winner the 4th place in the play offs of their respective division.

Tough luck on the team that finish 6th if the winners are outside the play offs but there's already an element of that if any team that finishes below 3rd win and it would definitely create more interest in the competition!!
League cup being messed about with on 00:03 - May 31 with 1245 viewsFredManRave

League cup being messed about with on 13:24 - May 30 by TheChef

"Cup competitions can do one"

Is that taken from our club crest?

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

League cup being messed about with on 05:55 - May 31 with 1117 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I don't think I've been to a League Cup game since we were diagnosed as being lactose intolerant in 1986, and if I've not been to one, I sure as merde haven't bothered to watch one on TV either.

I know Liverpool won it this season, but I'd be guessing previous winners beyond that. I rather suspect my apathy toward the competition is mirrored by the overwhelming majority of people on here and elsewhere.

It's become increasingly irrelevant, no one is really that bothered about it, and I'd scrap it altogether. In fact, if we did that, it might increase the importance of the FA Cup, as the one remaining and proper knockout competition.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

League cup being messed about with on 09:55 - May 31 with 946 viewsdaveB

League cup being messed about with on 12:10 - May 30 by SheffieldHoop

Problem is the prem clubs are the only ones who usually try and win it, most EFL clubs have a bizarre attitude to cups and seem desperate to get knocked out every year
League cup being messed about with on 10:09 - May 31 with 910 viewsLanhoop

League cup being messed about with on 17:34 - May 30 by qpr_1968

teams in europe should all play each other in the first round, that means half of them get knocked out, and they have'nt got to worry about the league cup, they can concentrate on europe.
the remaining lot can play each other in the second round, until eventually there's one left.
they can do what they like then.....who cares anyway.

Problem is that they can't. The expansion of the european competitions has taken extra weeks out of the available calendar. If a team in one of those uefa competitions is drawn against one in another uefa competition then there's no week to hold the match. They'd have to put out a second team like Liverpool had to a couple of years ago.

It might cause more issues in later rounds too but they've pushed that problem down the road.

EFL Cup for EFL teams. Prize is a day out at Wembley and a place in the Europa Conference. What's not to like?
League cup being messed about with on 11:19 - May 31 with 822 viewsSheffieldHoop

League cup being messed about with on 09:55 - May 31 by daveB

Problem is the prem clubs are the only ones who usually try and win it, most EFL clubs have a bizarre attitude to cups and seem desperate to get knocked out every year

That might change if we level the playing field a bit

League cup being messed about with on 20:11 - May 31 with 652 viewsdaveB

League cup being messed about with on 11:19 - May 31 by SheffieldHoop

That might change if we level the playing field a bit

not sure it would make any difference, is the same in the FA Cup. You only have to look at fans attitude towards it, as soon as we get to the week of a cup game we'll have threads saying we can't risk players and is same at every club
League cup being messed about with on 21:14 - May 31 with 608 viewsSheffieldHoop

League cup being messed about with on 20:11 - May 31 by daveB

not sure it would make any difference, is the same in the FA Cup. You only have to look at fans attitude towards it, as soon as we get to the week of a cup game we'll have threads saying we can't risk players and is same at every club

Really? All of that stuff is just noise imo. Irrelevant.

When we get beyond the 3rd round of anything, we're all desperate to win it. FA Youth Cups and Hong Kong 7-a-side Development tournaments included.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024