Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now I am become QPR, destroyer of optimists – Analysis 14:47 - Oct 17 with 8710 viewsNorthernr

Ok, analytics deep dive 2/2 for your international break, Andrew Scherer crunching the numbers for us here. Some fascinating, damning, stuff in here, and a bleak Wycombe Wanderers punchline at the end.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/61079
Now I am become QPR, destroyer of optimists – Analysis on 13:58 - Oct 18 with 1438 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Now I am become QPR, destroyer of optimists – Analysis on 13:38 - Oct 18 by Northernr

And Brian has often said you don't win a lot of games of football by losing the midfield. Combine us in a back four with us losing the midfield and you get... Blackburn H.

And Andrew has highlighted that we are also currently poor at the third option for defending, which is defending from the front.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Now I am become QPR, destroyer of optimists – Analysis on 13:58 - Oct 18 with 1438 viewsNorthernr

Now I am become QPR, destroyer of optimists – Analysis on 13:55 - Oct 18 by R_from_afar

Good post. A concern I have - concern number 4,369 when it comes to Rangers, sigh - is that some fans, and even the players, think that replacing Ainsworth will get us back on track.

It might, potentially, but it won't if our players continue to fail to track runners and block crosses, things which are footballing basics and not complicated to do.

I do wonder if some of our squad is suffering from a superiority complex born of having been top, albeit briefly, a year ago.

I'm totally dreading Saturday, not just our performance and the inevitable result but the understandable meltdown within the fan base.

It would be very difficult for any manager to keep this team up, because it can't score goals. Critchley only won 1/12 before Ainsworth even got here.

But we should expect the basics to be done. What happened last Saturday is unacceptable.
Now I am become QPR, destroyer of optimists – Analysis on 14:10 - Oct 18 with 1369 viewsbaz_qpr

This is the key thing we keep talking about signing a striker but unless we create we have nothing to judge and its all falling down in the midfield particularly. The problem with long ball and into the channels stuff is yes Armstrong can get into those spaces, but then he has to wait an age for people to get up to him. Good teams attack as a unit and defend as a unit have a number of set patterns where they no if person a is here person b is there etc.

Also this new found obsession with crossing, I'm sure there was a stat some years ago that highlighted that a much greater percentage of goals were scored through moves in the middle around the D than crosses which is why traditional wingers fell out of the game to some degree.

And dont get me started on set pieces if you are a limited team the one thing you have to be good at is set pieces
Now I am become QPR, destroyer of optimists – Analysis on 14:36 - Oct 18 with 1319 viewstoboboly

Now I am become QPR, destroyer of optimists – Analysis on 13:58 - Oct 18 by Northernr

It would be very difficult for any manager to keep this team up, because it can't score goals. Critchley only won 1/12 before Ainsworth even got here.

But we should expect the basics to be done. What happened last Saturday is unacceptable.

Completely agree. But I can't believe that Dobson and Ainsworth are telling Dozzell not to bother tracking back, or Lyndon to not bother getting into the box or JCS to half heartedly attempt a tackle.

The players are absolutely terrible and I think Ainsworth must have hoped that the "senior" players would have policed standards but it appears that modern players can't do that anymore. Cook, Begovic, Fox and Colback should be ripping layers of skin off of Dozzell for not tracking or SDM for not pressing correctly. They aren't though, they seem to have decided it is an easier life to draw a pay check and just go along with the dross.

The whole lot seem to have very little professional pride.

We are now stuck with a load of older players not getting stuck in and a load of younger players tossing it off, Guardiola wouldn't be able to get anything out of this team of gibbon $hit.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Now I am become QPR, destroyer of optimists – Analysis on 14:38 - Oct 18 with 1309 viewsCamberleyR

Good god. Worse than even I thought.

Can that article be sent to Lee Hoos and the board?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Now I am become QPR, destroyer of optimists – Analysis on 14:43 - Oct 18 with 1276 viewsNorthernr

Now I am become QPR, destroyer of optimists – Analysis on 14:36 - Oct 18 by toboboly

Completely agree. But I can't believe that Dobson and Ainsworth are telling Dozzell not to bother tracking back, or Lyndon to not bother getting into the box or JCS to half heartedly attempt a tackle.

The players are absolutely terrible and I think Ainsworth must have hoped that the "senior" players would have policed standards but it appears that modern players can't do that anymore. Cook, Begovic, Fox and Colback should be ripping layers of skin off of Dozzell for not tracking or SDM for not pressing correctly. They aren't though, they seem to have decided it is an easier life to draw a pay check and just go along with the dross.

The whole lot seem to have very little professional pride.

We are now stuck with a load of older players not getting stuck in and a load of younger players tossing it off, Guardiola wouldn't be able to get anything out of this team of gibbon $hit.

At Boro we were winning, and had two throw ins just before half time. We gave the first one away, and then the second one we fcked up twice, scrambled back to Begovic, and he fcked the clearance up.
Colback went absolutely berserk with all of them. Which I liked. Then you look at not only his performance, but also his body language and mannerisms against Blackburn, and he looked completely checked out. And it's only been a couple of games/weeks between the two.
Now I am become QPR, destroyer of optimists – Analysis on 14:48 - Oct 18 with 1258 viewstoboboly

Now I am become QPR, destroyer of optimists – Analysis on 14:43 - Oct 18 by Northernr

At Boro we were winning, and had two throw ins just before half time. We gave the first one away, and then the second one we fcked up twice, scrambled back to Begovic, and he fcked the clearance up.
Colback went absolutely berserk with all of them. Which I liked. Then you look at not only his performance, but also his body language and mannerisms against Blackburn, and he looked completely checked out. And it's only been a couple of games/weeks between the two.

I think they have come in, seen how bad it is, bollocked people, been totally ignored/marginalised by our wonder kids (all with the right sort of attitude of course) and have just thought "fck it, i've tried and if no-one is going to listen then why get my blood pressure up?"

Now I am become QPR, destroyer of optimists – Analysis on 14:53 - Oct 18 with 1243 viewsNorthernr

Now I am become QPR, destroyer of optimists – Analysis on 14:48 - Oct 18 by toboboly

I think they have come in, seen how bad it is, bollocked people, been totally ignored/marginalised by our wonder kids (all with the right sort of attitude of course) and have just thought "fck it, i've tried and if no-one is going to listen then why get my blood pressure up?"

If so, those two year contracts we had to spend to get them here are going to look every bit as shrewd as I said they were in the summer.

I think something TK said the other day is right. These players have achieved, played for some great managers, in some great teams. Ask them to play as we played at Leeds they're not going to be happy.
Login to get fewer ads

Now I am become QPR, destroyer of optimists – Analysis on 15:00 - Oct 18 with 1218 viewsAntti_Heinola

Now I am become QPR, destroyer of optimists – Analysis on 14:53 - Oct 18 by Northernr

If so, those two year contracts we had to spend to get them here are going to look every bit as shrewd as I said they were in the summer.

I think something TK said the other day is right. These players have achieved, played for some great managers, in some great teams. Ask them to play as we played at Leeds they're not going to be happy.

Agree. I think a lot of the bad apples have gone, and genuinely I don't see anyone downing tools or anyone with a bad attitude. There was no lack of effort v Blackburn, just a total lack of cohesion and belief. I'm not sure who the players Toboboly is talking about, but it's not something I'm seeing.

Bare bones.

Now I am become QPR, destroyer of optimists – Analysis on 15:21 - Oct 18 with 1157 viewsNorthernr

Now I am become QPR, destroyer of optimists – Analysis on 15:00 - Oct 18 by Antti_Heinola

Agree. I think a lot of the bad apples have gone, and genuinely I don't see anyone downing tools or anyone with a bad attitude. There was no lack of effort v Blackburn, just a total lack of cohesion and belief. I'm not sure who the players Toboboly is talking about, but it's not something I'm seeing.

And as Dan showed in his piece really well, the "press" of SDM and Dozzell, such as it was, left Colback absolutely hopelessly outnumbered each time. But yeh he looked resigned rather than angry about it, and his contribution to the first goal was pis poor.
Now I am become QPR, destroyer of optimists – Analysis on 15:49 - Oct 18 with 1069 viewstoboboly

Now I am become QPR, destroyer of optimists – Analysis on 15:00 - Oct 18 by Antti_Heinola

Really? Ok just a few;

Richards
Dozzell
Willock

All are bad apples of various sorts. Dozzell does fck all on the pitch and I don't think it is because he can't it is because he won't. He has done sweet fa since he joined.

Richards can fck himself. We've all had horrible things happen to us in our lives. He would be sacked off in any other profession what what he has done to his supposed boyhood club.

Willock has clearly downed tools thinks he is better than he is, I imagine once he leaves some of the stories of his lack of effort in training and bigger efforts at going out at night will come to the fore.

Now I am become QPR, destroyer of optimists – Analysis on 15:51 - Oct 18 with 1067 viewstoboboly

Now I am become QPR, destroyer of optimists – Analysis on 15:21 - Oct 18 by Northernr

And as Dan showed in his piece really well, the "press" of SDM and Dozzell, such as it was, left Colback absolutely hopelessly outnumbered each time. But yeh he looked resigned rather than angry about it, and his contribution to the first goal was pis poor.

So both SDM and Dozzell weren't very good, hung team mates out to dry, didn't realise that they weren't doing it correctly and bucked their ideas up?

Annti, I don't know what world you are currently inhabiting but if that behaviour isn't enough to be thought of as downing tools/bad apples etc then our thinking is diametrially opposed

Now I am become QPR, destroyer of optimists – Analysis on 16:50 - Oct 18 with 965 viewsDeanoMD

We're sheeeet and we know we are......
Now I am become QPR, destroyer of optimists – Analysis on 18:00 - Oct 18 with 881 viewsAntti_Heinola

Now I am become QPR, destroyer of optimists – Analysis on 15:51 - Oct 18 by toboboly

So both SDM and Dozzell weren't very good, hung team mates out to dry, didn't realise that they weren't doing it correctly and bucked their ideas up?

Annti, I don't know what world you are currently inhabiting but if that behaviour isn't enough to be thought of as downing tools/bad apples etc then our thinking is diametrially opposed

It's all about opinions, Twobob. You see players downing tools or bad apples. It's the simplistic view, and I get it, and last season agreed with it (in certain cases). This season, I see confused players not properly prepared, trying to play a system that isn't remotely clear, that seems to change from week to week, and so you get players out of position, closing and pressing at the wrong times and leaving gaps, and generally making mistakes.
Call it what you like, but everything I know and can see about Dozzell and SDM tells me these are not players with poor attitudes. Players who make mistakes and have performed poorly (although in SDM's case, he's simply not in the class of a team like Blackburn who are coached so much better) yes, but I don't think he wasn't trying. I bet few players ran as much as him in that game - but that's sort of the point.
Disagree, don't, maybe we're on different planets, whatever. But rarely, *rarely* is anything as simplistic as 'oh they're bad apples'.

Bare bones.

Now I am become QPR, destroyer of optimists – Analysis on 18:18 - Oct 18 with 858 viewstoboboly

Now I am become QPR, destroyer of optimists – Analysis on 18:00 - Oct 18 by Antti_Heinola

It's all about opinions, Twobob. You see players downing tools or bad apples. It's the simplistic view, and I get it, and last season agreed with it (in certain cases). This season, I see confused players not properly prepared, trying to play a system that isn't remotely clear, that seems to change from week to week, and so you get players out of position, closing and pressing at the wrong times and leaving gaps, and generally making mistakes.
Call it what you like, but everything I know and can see about Dozzell and SDM tells me these are not players with poor attitudes. Players who make mistakes and have performed poorly (although in SDM's case, he's simply not in the class of a team like Blackburn who are coached so much better) yes, but I don't think he wasn't trying. I bet few players ran as much as him in that game - but that's sort of the point.
Disagree, don't, maybe we're on different planets, whatever. But rarely, *rarely* is anything as simplistic as 'oh they're bad apples'.

Wow. "Twobob", "simplistic views".

You are turning into quite the bore on here, always right and everyone else is the issue.

Now I am become QPR, destroyer of optimists – Analysis on 18:24 - Oct 18 with 856 viewsWatfordR

Now I am become QPR, destroyer of optimists – Analysis on 18:00 - Oct 18 by Antti_Heinola

You'd posted something very similar elsewhere after the Blackburn game and I meant to post in response but forgot.

It seemed to me that when the players were waiting for the restart after the second goal, while boos were ringing around the ground, their body language was screaming embarrassment, like "we're getting blamed for this shower of sh1t, but all we're doing is trying to follow the instructions we've been given". I got the impression they were almost inclined to join in the booing.

I've said before, the best you can do with a below par squad is give them an above par coach to work with; someone who could make the whole greater than the sum of it's parts. You're asking for trouble to provide a below par squad with below par management team. In this case a management team that isn't remotely close to Championship standard.
Now I am become QPR, destroyer of optimists – Analysis on 21:39 - Oct 18 with 754 viewsAntti_Heinola

Now I am become QPR, destroyer of optimists – Analysis on 18:18 - Oct 18 by toboboly

Wow. "Twobob", "simplistic views".

You are turning into quite the bore on here, always right and everyone else is the issue.

Everyone thinks their own opinions are right, that's why their opinions are their opinions. What would be the point of me arguing something I think is wrong? I'm not doing anything different to what you're doing. Not sure what 'everyone else is the issue' even means. I agree with loads of your points and posts, but on some points I disagree.
Twobob was a genuine typo, meant to just be a shortening, apols.

Bare bones.

Now I am become QPR, destroyer of optimists – Analysis on 21:42 - Oct 18 with 750 viewsAntti_Heinola

Now I am become QPR, destroyer of optimists – Analysis on 18:24 - Oct 18 by WatfordR

You'd posted something very similar elsewhere after the Blackburn game and I meant to post in response but forgot.

It seemed to me that when the players were waiting for the restart after the second goal, while boos were ringing around the ground, their body language was screaming embarrassment, like "we're getting blamed for this shower of sh1t, but all we're doing is trying to follow the instructions we've been given". I got the impression they were almost inclined to join in the booing.

I've said before, the best you can do with a below par squad is give them an above par coach to work with; someone who could make the whole greater than the sum of it's parts. You're asking for trouble to provide a below par squad with below par management team. In this case a management team that isn't remotely close to Championship standard.

Totally agree mate.
No one will turn this lot into play off contenders, but someone could turn them into less of a sh!tshow.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024