Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading friendly 12:34 - Jul 25 with 30215 viewsbenhurst

Looks like a back five, no sign of Willock, Field, or Dozzell
Reading friendly on 14:47 - Jul 25 with 5409 views89_50

I was unable to watch today, but was this against Reading U21's or their full senior team? Didn't recognise (m)any of their XI.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2023 14:48]
Reading friendly on 14:48 - Jul 25 with 5392 viewswesty

Reading friendly on 14:46 - Jul 25 by BrianMcCarthy

Not sure...keeper's body in the way of the camera shot.

Definitely Richards. Ball hit the metal support in the goal not the post
Reading friendly on 14:48 - Jul 25 with 5389 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Reading friendly on 14:45 - Jul 25 by BrianMcCarthy

Cross from the left from Dixon-Bonnar, nice header from 8 or 9 out from Richards against hits the back post. Kargbo with the tap-in.

I thought Kargbo was low level non league at best and thats being generous
Reading friendly on 14:48 - Jul 25 with 5376 viewsdmm

A game of 3 thirds makes it difficult to assess things but I'd say we were the more threatening team though not the most tidy. Reading deserved to lose because of their atrocious kit and, well, because they're Reading.

The team did okay and probably played their best game so far. Begovic in particular looked reassuring. Of the development players on show today, I'd say only Pedder and SDM have any chance of breaking into the first team this season but only as cover.
Reading friendly on 14:54 - Jul 25 with 5195 viewsted_hendrix

A Clean Sheet, we should have It stuffed and framed.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Reading friendly on 14:57 - Jul 25 with 5123 viewsHAYESBOY

Was this off Recast?

Smells like a trout farm in here

Reading friendly on 15:01 - Jul 25 with 5004 viewsDannyPaddox

Reading friendly on 14:47 - Jul 25 by 89_50

I was unable to watch today, but was this against Reading U21's or their full senior team? Didn't recognise (m)any of their XI.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2023 14:48]

It may have only been their U21s but like a baseball-bat wielding Canadian and a seal pup you can only beat whatā€™s in front of you.
Reading friendly on 15:01 - Jul 25 with 4995 viewsconnell10

Reading friendly on 14:57 - Jul 25 by HAYESBOY

Was this off Recast?

Looks to good quality to be refarce.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

Reading friendly on 15:09 - Jul 25 with 4825 viewsDavieQPR

Reading were showing the game on their own stream for Ā£5. They didn't use Amos or Shopico today. Must be because we are still paying them until end of this month.
Reading friendly on 15:13 - Jul 25 with 4711 viewsderbyhoop

Reading friendly on 15:09 - Jul 25 by DavieQPR

Reading were showing the game on their own stream for Ā£5. They didn't use Amos or Shopico today. Must be because we are still paying them until end of this month.

Unlikely. Contracts normally expire end of June. Not July.

We fielded half a first team. Didn't look like they were as committed.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all oneĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Reading friendly on 15:15 - Jul 25 with 4678 viewsHAYESBOY

Anything on comms about the players that were missing?

Smells like a trout farm in here

Reading friendly on 15:16 - Jul 25 with 4662 viewstoboboly

Contracts finish at the end of June

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Reading friendly on 15:33 - Jul 25 with 4333 viewseghamranger

Amos probably injured.

Definitely some positive from today
Reading friendly on 15:38 - Jul 25 with 4244 viewskensalriser

Reading friendly on 14:57 - Jul 25 by HAYESBOY

Was this off Recast?

I think I could knock on one of the neighbour's doors to borrow a ball, come back, do some stretches, feed the cat, walk over to the park to find a spot at least thirty yards clear of anyone else, place the ball and kick it and I'd still have less time and space than Albert did for that cross.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Reading friendly on 16:03 - Jul 25 with 3871 viewswesty

Reading friendly on 14:48 - Jul 25 by CLAREMAN1995

I thought Kargbo was low level non league at best and thats being generous

Kargbo certainly not good enough. Didnā€™t like the amount of time he stood still shrugging his shoulders and waving his arms. Then when he got the chance his first touch was like a tackle. 5 games for Southend, 3 for Oxford city thatā€™s way too high for his level.
At least with Sinclair heā€™s only just 20 and does at least show the right attitude. Not sure heā€™ll be good enough but time will tell. Seems a poor mans Emile Heskey to me.
Reading friendly on 16:09 - Jul 25 with 3800 viewsJuzzie

The dropout rate in football is horrendous. Only a small percentage make it to League level and a chance to make some decent wedge.... then they all fk around not giving a schit.

Weird.
Reading friendly on 16:19 - Jul 25 with 3700 viewswesty

Reading friendly on 16:09 - Jul 25 by Juzzie

The dropout rate in football is horrendous. Only a small percentage make it to League level and a chance to make some decent wedge.... then they all fk around not giving a schit.

Weird.

Given way too much too soon. Not just money, but theyā€™ve spent their whole childhood being told they are the best thing since the world began. Then get this air of invincibility about them and for No reason as their performances are poor at best. Then all of a sudden others catch up in height, weight, aggression, and ability.
Kargbo for instance is a giant who would have been like a flat track bully growing up. Imagine a 13 or 14 boy from the shires up against him. Fck me theyā€™d be petrified. Then itā€™s a realisation that he canā€™t play like that and has to change and thatā€™s when you sort out those that can and those that canā€™t.
A lot of it is not just ability itā€™s a mental thing too. So many talented young players like you say never make it yet there are so many with only a modicum of ability who do because of their attitude.
Reading friendly on 17:03 - Jul 25 with 3280 viewsDavieQPR

Reading friendly on 15:16 - Jul 25 by toboboly

Contracts finish at the end of June

But we still pay them one additional month if they have not signed a contract elsewhere.
Reading friendly on 17:20 - Jul 25 with 3135 viewsconnell10

Who is kargbo???

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Reading friendly on 17:34 - Jul 25 with 3007 viewsDannyPaddox

Iā€™m wonder if the behind closed doors thing is because it was a game of three halves with each half being half an hour. Just speculation but maybe itā€™s a legal licensing thing as it doesnā€™t adhere to the rules of football (ie 2 x 45) and is technically a training exercise albeit against another side.
Reading friendly on 17:35 - Jul 25 with 2999 viewswesty

Reading friendly on 17:20 - Jul 25 by connell10

Who is kargbo???

The 21 year old lump who played this afternoon. If thatā€™s what we are bringing through as forwards god help us.
He looked like Usain Bolt at soccer aid a few years back but worse much worse
Reading friendly on 18:03 - Jul 25 with 2776 viewskernowhoop

Reading friendly on 17:35 - Jul 25 by westy

The 21 year old lump who played this afternoon. If thatā€™s what we are bringing through as forwards god help us.
He looked like Usain Bolt at soccer aid a few years back but worse much worse

Our lad will be hugely encouraged by that.
Reading friendly on 18:09 - Jul 25 with 2732 viewswesty

Reading friendly on 18:03 - Jul 25 by kernowhoop

Our lad will be hugely encouraged by that.

Then he should at least try instead of standing still waving his arms about.
Reading friendly on 18:09 - Jul 25 with 2726 viewsted_hendrix

Reading friendly on 15:33 - Jul 25 by eghamranger

Amos probably injured.

Definitely some positive from today

One positive for me Is we heaped a bit more misery on the fakes by beating them.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2023 19:22]

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Reading friendly on 18:21 - Jul 25 with 2640 viewsMatch82

Reading friendly on 14:22 - Jul 25 by sparkey

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024