Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crawley Town (A) Match Thread 17:02 - Mar 23 with 22803 viewsHullDale

Crawley Town (A) Match Thread on 19:07 - Mar 25 with 3544 viewsDalenet

Crawley Town (A) Match Thread on 18:53 - Mar 25 by jonahwhereru

Just got back from Crawley. I am a glass half full bloke, so expected a sleeves rolled up and battle for your lives performance today. Was bitterly disappointed in the performance. We went for creativity rather than grunt in midfield, so could accept us getting caved up at the back provided there was Drive and determination when in possession, there was little or none on offer.
Can’t say anyone other than Lloyd left it all out there. Of the others only Odoh, O’Donnell and Brierley come out with any credit. Worst I have seen Taylor play, he created nervousness across the back line. Dodgson was getting done for pace to often. Where was SAJ?
That left the front players feeding of scraps. We dragged ourselves back from 2 down against Swindon. You can’t tell me Crawley are better than them. So lads tell me why you couldn’t compete with Crawley, Why, I just don’t get it.
Our club will look very different in 3 months time, and on today’s showing it need to.
Awful truly awful. Makes me both angry and sad. That is not what weekends are for.

Bentley said as much in his post match interview. But he won't throw the towel and even wondered whether the long trip has taken too much out of the players. FFS. These players have been travelling to away games all their lives. They stayed overnight so not as though they had to travel this morning. And they are in London again next weekend. Does he want to put them up in the Ritz for the week?

You are right to be angry and 377 away fans was a great effort. Sorry it was so poor to watch.
Crawley Town (A) Match Thread on 19:12 - Mar 25 with 3503 viewsNigelWatson

Crawley Town (A) Match Thread on 16:30 - Mar 25 by DaleView

The situation that Rochdale AFC find themselves in can hardly be a surprise.
Here we have a manager that is clearly not good enough to manage the team and does not appear to be able to motivate them. Honorable men would have thrown in the towel some time ago but he probably has a mortgage to pay ans a family to feed so he just can't afford to leave.
The management of the club is in the hands of a group of very willing and optimistic folks but there is no source of large funds to do what most clubs would have done months ago - change the manager. But they can't afford to do that. So as you can see, there is a £ sign in front of everybody concerned with the club.
The sad thing is that there is likely to be fewer pounds coming from the meagre gates that The Dale can expect next season. It's sad also that the fans who have supported The Dale for many years are the real losers. But what is most annoying is that this scenareo was not recognised earlier in the season (having seen the first 10 league games pass without a single win!) and some remedial action taken then. As it stands the scene is unlikely to change anytime in the forseeable future. This view comes from an Exile who cannot quite understand what is happening after attending the away game at Newport and the Exile's Day match against Stevenage. I have only watched those two games this season.

Great post that sums it all up. So sad. Never forget the miracles performed by the one and only, Keith Hill - all that intelligence, planning and plain old honest hard work flushed down the toilet. I fear for the future of MY club.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2023 19:13]
Crawley Town (A) Match Thread on 19:15 - Mar 25 with 3474 viewsNigelWatson

Crawley Town (A) Match Thread on 19:07 - Mar 25 by Dalenet

Bentley said as much in his post match interview. But he won't throw the towel and even wondered whether the long trip has taken too much out of the players. FFS. These players have been travelling to away games all their lives. They stayed overnight so not as though they had to travel this morning. And they are in London again next weekend. Does he want to put them up in the Ritz for the week?

You are right to be angry and 377 away fans was a great effort. Sorry it was so poor to watch.

Are we finally ALL in agreement that Jim Bentley has to go?
Crawley Town (A) Match Thread on 19:29 - Mar 25 with 3355 viewskel

Crawley Town (A) Match Thread on 19:12 - Mar 25 by NigelWatson

Great post that sums it all up. So sad. Never forget the miracles performed by the one and only, Keith Hill - all that intelligence, planning and plain old honest hard work flushed down the toilet. I fear for the future of MY club.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2023 19:13]

It’s not YOUR club, it’s OUR club.
Crawley Town (A) Match Thread on 19:45 - Mar 25 with 3258 viewselectricblue

Crawley Town (A) Match Thread on 19:15 - Mar 25 by NigelWatson

When!

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Crawley Town (A) Match Thread on 20:00 - Mar 25 with 3168 viewsEllDale

I’m just grateful that the last couple of games of the season will be ones with nothing hinging on them.
I’d hate a disinterested Dale to be in the situation that Scunthorpe were in at Bristol Rovers last year.
Crawley Town (A) Match Thread on 20:00 - Mar 25 with 3167 viewsNigelWatson

Crawley Town (A) Match Thread on 19:45 - Mar 25 by electricblue

When!

How long ago? Well, ideally, about a couple of months ago, minimum.

You disagree with that???

There were still people trying to defend Bentley a month ago, and that was unforgivable. We are now out of time,
Crawley Town (A) Match Thread on 20:05 - Mar 25 with 3137 viewsNigelWatson

Crawley Town (A) Match Thread on 19:29 - Mar 25 by kel

It’s not YOUR club, it’s OUR club.

It's your club, but for me, it's my club, and always will be. Whatever it is, maybe you can agree with this: the last three years have been a shit-show. We sacked our best manger in our history, shortly after he lost his father, rather than standing by him. Under Keith Hill we would have been very competitive in League 2, and the conveyor belt of youth talent would have continued. I think we treated Keith Hill terribly.
Login to get fewer ads

Crawley Town (A) Match Thread on 20:15 - Mar 25 with 3078 viewsNigelWatson

Crawley Town (A) Match Thread on 19:15 - Mar 25 by NigelWatson

Mc Stalin has down voted my comment - I'm shocked I'll tell you, shocked!
[Post edited 25 Mar 2023 20:16]
Crawley Town (A) Match Thread on 20:19 - Mar 25 with 3057 views442Dale

Crawley Town (A) Match Thread on 20:15 - Mar 25 by NigelWatson

Mc Stalin has down voted my comment - I'm shocked I'll tell you, shocked!
[Post edited 25 Mar 2023 20:16]

It’s not often I’ll say this, because this forum really is open to all and everyone, even those who I might think post nonsense… however, you’re adding absolutely nothing.

Please try having a think what you’re hoping to achieve whilst everyone on here is feeling low.

Then try again.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Crawley Town (A) Match Thread on 20:30 - Mar 25 with 2973 viewsNigelWatson

Crawley Town (A) Match Thread on 20:19 - Mar 25 by 442Dale

It’s not often I’ll say this, because this forum really is open to all and everyone, even those who I might think post nonsense… however, you’re adding absolutely nothing.

Please try having a think what you’re hoping to achieve whilst everyone on here is feeling low.

Then try again.

This message board achieves nothing, never has, and never will.

And, don't get too far ahead of yourself and pretend that you're important, because you are not.
Crawley Town (A) Match Thread on 20:37 - Mar 25 with 2905 views442Dale

Crawley Town (A) Match Thread on 20:30 - Mar 25 by NigelWatson

And, don't get too far ahead of yourself and pretend that you're important, because you are not.

I know.

The difference is, I think this messageboard, the people who post here, our fans can achieve something.

If anyone thought differently, you’d have to wonder why they’d waste their time posting.

Oh.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Crawley Town (A) Match Thread on 20:49 - Mar 25 with 2799 viewskel

Yet here you are posting on it.

In a similar vein, your YouTube shite achieves nothing either. Hope that helps.
Crawley Town (A) Match Thread on 21:19 - Mar 25 with 2692 viewsforeverhopefulDale

This message board did play a good part in the battle against Morton House.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Crawley Town (A) Match Thread on 22:39 - Mar 25 with 2455 viewsmikehunt

Crawley Town (A) Match Thread on 20:05 - Mar 25 by NigelWatson

It's your club, but for me, it's my club, and always will be. Whatever it is, maybe you can agree with this: the last three years have been a shit-show. We sacked our best manger in our history, shortly after he lost his father, rather than standing by him. Under Keith Hill we would have been very competitive in League 2, and the conveyor belt of youth talent would have continued. I think we treated Keith Hill terribly.

Sorry, but the rot started with Keef. We did give him time to sort things out but ended up having four or five goals banged past us every week. It was a brave decision to get rid of the best manager we had ever had. But it did the trick. Only for all the good work to be undone by the tossers with their own agenda.
And here we are now. The tossers' agenda fulfilled ......(almost).

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Crawley Town (A) Match Thread on 23:02 - Mar 25 with 2393 viewsSandyman

During the 1973-74 campaign (in a higher division than this) we lost 27 league games in total out of 46. With 8 games of this campaign to go, we have lost 24. Wonder if our so-called team will match or overtake the 27 defeats figure come 8th May?
Crawley Town (A) Match Thread on 02:22 - Mar 26 with 2210 viewsHopwoodblue

I’m sure they will.
That was my first season as a season ticket holder but it was no where near as bad as this.
In those days we were a completely different animal blokes tried their best but were just not good enough. This day and age they just don’t care.
Sadly its the world we live in I’m afraid.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2023 2:34]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Crawley Town (A) Match Thread on 11:19 - Mar 26 with 1816 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Crawley Town (A) Match Thread on 18:53 - Mar 25 by jonahwhereru

Just got back from Crawley. I am a glass half full bloke, so expected a sleeves rolled up and battle for your lives performance today. Was bitterly disappointed in the performance. We went for creativity rather than grunt in midfield, so could accept us getting caved up at the back provided there was Drive and determination when in possession, there was little or none on offer.
Can’t say anyone other than Lloyd left it all out there. Of the others only Odoh, O’Donnell and Brierley come out with any credit. Worst I have seen Taylor play, he created nervousness across the back line. Dodgson was getting done for pace to often. Where was SAJ?
That left the front players feeding of scraps. We dragged ourselves back from 2 down against Swindon. You can’t tell me Crawley are better than them. So lads tell me why you couldn’t compete with Crawley, Why, I just don’t get it.
Our club will look very different in 3 months time, and on today’s showing it need to.
Awful truly awful. Makes me both angry and sad. That is not what weekends are for.

I think any player who has to play alongside EEL would be nervous. I certainly wouldn't want him watching my back. So, Taylor had a bad game, that isn't reason for people to crucify him. Or if it is the you can make a cross for EEL, Odoh, Keohane, O'Donnell, Bentley and Hendo to name but a few.
You can't make a silk purse out of a pig's ear and you can't force passion and commitment into players that don't give a flying fook.
There is no chance of escape now, so I would pick the youth team for the Wimbledon game and give them a taste of what's to come.
Crawley Town (A) Match Thread on 11:37 - Mar 26 with 1747 viewsEllDale

Funny how, given the shortage of options, that Jordan Scanlon hasn’t made a debut given that he was given a fulltime contract?
Crawley Town (A) Match Thread on 11:45 - Mar 26 with 1701 viewsTVOS1907

Crawley Town (A) Match Thread on 11:37 - Mar 26 by EllDale

Funny how, given the shortage of options, that Jordan Scanlon hasn’t made a debut given that he was given a fulltime contract?

He's out on loan somewhere and hasn't even figured in our PJT teams.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Crawley Town (A) Match Thread on 13:50 - Mar 26 with 1515 viewsjonahwhereru

Crawley Town (A) Match Thread on 11:19 - Mar 26 by RooleyMoorBlue

I think any player who has to play alongside EEL would be nervous. I certainly wouldn't want him watching my back. So, Taylor had a bad game, that isn't reason for people to crucify him. Or if it is the you can make a cross for EEL, Odoh, Keohane, O'Donnell, Bentley and Hendo to name but a few.
You can't make a silk purse out of a pig's ear and you can't force passion and commitment into players that don't give a flying fook.
There is no chance of escape now, so I would pick the youth team for the Wimbledon game and give them a taste of what's to come.

Agreed, not a reason to crucify Taylor. Although he has had plenty of critics I haven’t been one of them. I think he has been under utilised in his time here, but I said it as I saw it yesterday.
For the record he would be one player I would be comfortable with back here next year.
Crawley Town (A) Match Thread on 14:04 - Mar 26 with 1454 viewsDalenet

Crawley Town (A) Match Thread on 11:45 - Mar 26 by TVOS1907

He's out on loan somewhere and hasn't even figured in our PJT teams.

I think his loan at Ramsbottom United ended just over a week ago
Crawley Town (A) Match Thread on 14:07 - Mar 26 with 1440 viewsTVOS1907

Crawley Town (A) Match Thread on 14:04 - Mar 26 by Dalenet

I think his loan at Ramsbottom United ended just over a week ago

Cheers.

Point still stands, though, that he's never been anywhere near the first team.

Crawley Town (A) Match Thread on 14:11 - Mar 26 with 1415 viewsNorthernDale

I think Taylor is a half decent player and will emerge as a better player overtime, EEL as been a disappointment this season, I admit I was excited when we signed him and Cameron John, but not anymore.

With 8 games to go, we need to go out fighting and with pride, none of this keep it tight and restricting the opposition. Is John, Ball and Bennett injured, along with Quigley (who seemed okay last Saturday) and Rodney, because when you have McNulty and a 17 year old on the bench, if not, it makes you wonder why they are not on the bench.
Crawley Town (A) Match Thread on 14:21 - Mar 26 with 1402 viewsTVOS1907

Crawley Town (A) Match Thread on 14:11 - Mar 26 by NorthernDale

I think Taylor is a half decent player and will emerge as a better player overtime, EEL as been a disappointment this season, I admit I was excited when we signed him and Cameron John, but not anymore.

With 8 games to go, we need to go out fighting and with pride, none of this keep it tight and restricting the opposition. Is John, Ball and Bennett injured, along with Quigley (who seemed okay last Saturday) and Rodney, because when you have McNulty and a 17 year old on the bench, if not, it makes you wonder why they are not on the bench.

I believe Quigley and Rodney have injuries.

Don't know about the others.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024