Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading 16:35 - Mar 6 with 6268 viewsPinnerPaul

Removed from ALL bookie lists for relegation.....interesting!

We're now 5/1 btw
Reading on 16:40 - Mar 6 with 5563 viewsMick_S

Blimus!!!!

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Reading on 16:43 - Mar 6 with 5546 viewssilverbirch

Have bet (small amounts) last season and this on them and brum going down, thinking their transgressions might catch up with them. Fingers crossed!
Reading on 16:47 - Mar 6 with 5522 viewsterryb

This would make sense if the EFL are about to announce their point deduction.

I expect they would appear again in the lists after Reading's points have beern adjusted.
Reading on 16:58 - Mar 6 with 5436 viewsted_hendrix

Rumours are It will only be a six point deduction.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Reading on 17:01 - Mar 6 with 5410 viewsterryb

Reading on 16:58 - Mar 6 by ted_hendrix

Rumours are It will only be a six point deduction.

That would still put them below us.

Kieran Maguire hinted at 12 points on his podcast with Clive last week, but as it was six points that were suspended that would seem likely.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2023 17:02]
Reading on 17:27 - Mar 6 with 5271 viewsPinnerPaul

Reading on 16:47 - Mar 6 by terryb

This would make sense if the EFL are about to announce their point deduction.

I expect they would appear again in the lists after Reading's points have beern adjusted.

Yep, that seems most likely reason.
Reading on 17:29 - Mar 6 with 5254 viewsJigsore

Doesn't look good for the Incels (fans of Paul Ince)

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Reading on 17:38 - Mar 6 with 5180 viewsbosh67

How depressing that we are counting on this as part of the way we somehow stay up!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Reading on 17:41 - Mar 6 with 5160 viewsDannyPaddox

When we were 40/1 I convinced a (non QPR supporting) mate who likes a bet to lump on us for relegation. It was the end of January and we were still 2 or 3 points off third place. He thought I was either joking or being unnecessarily pessimistic. He ended up putting a tenner on it. Was offered £49 cash back at the weekend. I told him to at least wait until after the inevitable Watford tonking to think about cashing out. This whole thing is like a car-crash in slow-motion.
Reading on 18:45 - Mar 6 with 4974 viewsloftus77

Reading on 17:38 - Mar 6 by bosh67

How depressing that we are counting on this as part of the way we somehow stay up!

That's way too few for us, unfortunately, to be of any relevance.

We need it 3x this amount right-here-right-now and the same with Brum (somehow) as well.
Reading on 19:43 - Mar 6 with 4743 viewsHarbour

Reading on 18:45 - Mar 6 by loftus77

That's way too few for us, unfortunately, to be of any relevance.

We need it 3x this amount right-here-right-now and the same with Brum (somehow) as well.

Yes rumours Brum up for points deduction as well…could be just rumours…thread on twitter so could be rubbish
Reading on 19:57 - Mar 6 with 4648 viewsthemodfather

even if they 6 pts off, there are in better form than us. we must focus on qpr and getting points now, i'd rather it in our hands than tribunals, panels, hearings and appeals.
Reading on 08:06 - Mar 7 with 4161 viewsPinnerPaul

Reading on 19:57 - Mar 6 by themodfather

even if they 6 pts off, there are in better form than us. we must focus on qpr and getting points now, i'd rather it in our hands than tribunals, panels, hearings and appeals.

They lost 4-0 at the weekend?
Reading on 08:41 - Mar 7 with 4061 viewsWokingR

Reading on 08:06 - Mar 7 by PinnerPaul

They lost 4-0 at the weekend?

And are still in better form than us.
Everyone is.
Reading on 10:53 - Mar 7 with 3882 viewsfrancisbowles

The six points suspended is for a previous offence. Haven't they offended again and shouldn't there be an additional penalty? Isn't that what Simon was hinting at on the podcast.
Reading on 12:47 - Mar 7 with 3734 viewsterryb

Reading on 10:53 - Mar 7 by francisbowles

The six points suspended is for a previous offence. Haven't they offended again and shouldn't there be an additional penalty? Isn't that what Simon was hinting at on the podcast.

I don't know FB if they've re-offended, apart from not implementing the business plan agreed with the EFL.

If they have, it will require a hearing & a probable appeal, so that is unlikely to be concluded this season. I would have thought that a second offence is more likely to increase any punishment, so if guilty a higher fine & more points deducted than previously?

The six points suspended can be implemented immediately.
Reading on 13:08 - Mar 7 with 3642 viewsted_hendrix

They were deducted 12 points last season but had 6 points suspened, they got away from relegation by the skin of their teeth. What's the point of suspending those 6 points last season??? It's either 12 points or nothing because the six point deduction In effect meant nothing and wasn't in effect a punishment.
Now here we go again.............................................
Will someone get a grip of this bloody nonsense, what the you know what do these people do for a bloody living!!!!
It's either this or It's either bloody that.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Reading on 14:21 - Mar 7 with 3431 viewsfrancisbowles

Reading on 12:47 - Mar 7 by terryb

I don't know FB if they've re-offended, apart from not implementing the business plan agreed with the EFL.

If they have, it will require a hearing & a probable appeal, so that is unlikely to be concluded this season. I would have thought that a second offence is more likely to increase any punishment, so if guilty a higher fine & more points deducted than previously?

The six points suspended can be implemented immediately.

Agree that it may not be concluded this season but my take on it GWIW is the six points were suspended because they agree to the BP. Now that they have failed to keep that agreement, that is an additional offence that should carry an additional sanction.

Not sure if it really needs a hearing, it seems clear and obvious, but knowing the Football League it probably will.
Reading on 08:31 - Mar 8 with 2750 viewsPinnerPaul

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

"You're getting docked in the morning, docked in the morrrrrrrrning"
Reading on 09:11 - Mar 8 with 2626 viewsstanistheman

Reading on 17:38 - Mar 6 by bosh67

How very true. It is embarrassing and sad that this shambles of a squad cannot win enough points to move away from the bottom 3.

Shame on those running things at this club.
Reading on 09:18 - Mar 8 with 2593 viewsstanistheman

Reading on 17:41 - Mar 6 by DannyPaddox

When we were 40/1 I convinced a (non QPR supporting) mate who likes a bet to lump on us for relegation. It was the end of January and we were still 2 or 3 points off third place. He thought I was either joking or being unnecessarily pessimistic. He ended up putting a tenner on it. Was offered £49 cash back at the weekend. I told him to at least wait until after the inevitable Watford tonking to think about cashing out. This whole thing is like a car-crash in slow-motion.

I am beginning to regret not sticking £100 on it. At least £4000 would soften the blow a bit.

The club is dropping like a stone with no sign of stopping anytime soon judging the performances in recent weeks. The defence,if it css as n even be called that, in particular. The attack is struggling for goals and to concede 3 per game is making it nigh on impossible to even get a draw.
Reading on 12:57 - Mar 9 with 2102 viewsPinnerPaul

Still no sign of Reading in the betting.

Now 3 distinct groups - bottom 3 who are all VERY short - 1/3 the biggest of any of them.

The next group inc us where of that group we are the biggest price at 15/2 now.

Final group is those who would have to lose every game etc etc but mathmatically still CAN go down and they are in the 50/1 and upwards bracket.

Plus Reading - not quoted, of course!
Reading on 13:15 - Mar 9 with 2007 viewsenfieldargh

Reading on 13:08 - Mar 7 by ted_hendrix

They were deducted 12 points last season but had 6 points suspened, they got away from relegation by the skin of their teeth. What's the point of suspending those 6 points last season??? It's either 12 points or nothing because the six point deduction In effect meant nothing and wasn't in effect a punishment.
Now here we go again.............................................
Will someone get a grip of this bloody nonsense, what the you know what do these people do for a bloody living!!!!
It's either this or It's either bloody that.

It' that RFC can afford to flaunt the EFL's powerby saying we will ignore their restrictions as we will only get docked 6 points so if their owners can afford to keeping chucking money in knowing little of no retribution its worth them having a tilt at the playoffs.

KM hinted at 12 pts, that sholud be the 6 hanging over them and a further 6 for not being good little fakes

captains fantastic
Poll: SWEET F'IN CAROLINE. Played every half time

Reading on 13:24 - Mar 9 with 1962 viewsLblock

Reading on 09:18 - Mar 8 by stanistheman

I am beginning to regret not sticking £100 on it. At least £4000 would soften the blow a bit.

The club is dropping like a stone with no sign of stopping anytime soon judging the performances in recent weeks. The defence,if it css as n even be called that, in particular. The attack is struggling for goals and to concede 3 per game is making it nigh on impossible to even get a draw.

Was it only 3 weeks ago people were giving it large about the 25/1 on offer and "fill your boots" retorts being bandied about?

Oh how quick things change.

Back in January I was talking to a couple of lads who follow Foolham and Arsenal -- I tried to convince them we were looking a good shot for the drop but (much the same as I've got on here for years to be fair!!!) they said "you give it this every season and you're always safe". We were on offer at 36/1 then and I said it's worth a score....... neither bit.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Reading on 13:37 - Mar 9 with 695 viewsEsox_Lucius

Reading on 09:11 - Mar 8 by stanistheman

How very true. It is embarrassing and sad that this shambles of a squad cannot win enough points to move away from the bottom 3.

Shame on those running things at this club.

Yeah, the players are completely free from any blame or responsibility.

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024