Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Really don’t want to dig the manager out but 17:06 - Aug 20 with 9506 viewssevenhoop

WTF were those substitutions? Absolute F’ing bollocks. Johansen goes down injured, great, we can not have two defensive mod’s any more and bring Sinclair on. No, rosellas. Willock blowing out of his arse and clearly going to come off but no, we’ll bring in Sinclair but F’ing we’ll take Dykes off who could’ve given cover to him.l amd him completely exposed with no one around him to pick up the pieces he will inevitably create. And Richards off who was really influential in the second half.

Absolute bollocks. Fuming is not the word
Really don’t want to dig the manager out but on 08:35 - Aug 21 with 2150 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Really don’t want to dig the manager out but on 02:54 - Aug 21 by nix

Absolutely right.

It's weird because at the matches the crowd has been pretty positive and getting behind both the team and the manager. On social media it's almost completely the opposite with people giving up after a couple of matches.

Like you I said somewhere that it's a new manager that would need to build again a bit and would be coming good next season. That's not to say we don't expect the team to improve during the season, just that he's unlikely to fully craft everything together in a few weeks.

Totally agree with this. I'm a season ticket holder in the Upper Loft with my son and the crowds have been very supportive. We all realise the issues and limitations of the club and players, but as I tell my son "they wear blue and white you support them as no one goes out to deliberately play badly or make a mistake". We will click, but it will take time. But please stop giving the opposition a 1 or 2 goal head start!!
Really don’t want to dig the manager out but on 17:14 - Aug 21 with 1912 viewsDamo1962

If he and the team can turn LR into a "fortress" again...we'll be fine.
Really don’t want to dig the manager out but on 17:33 - Aug 21 with 1873 viewsQPRSteve

I thought the ref did us no favours yesterday. Two penalties missed - a handball in the first half an a clip in the second. No punishment for the dangerous foul on JoJo which took him out of the game. And just 4 minutes of injury time at the end when it should have been a lot more.
Really don’t want to dig the manager out but on 18:18 - Aug 21 with 1801 viewseastside_r

Really don’t want to dig the manager out but on 17:33 - Aug 21 by QPRSteve

I thought the ref did us no favours yesterday. Two penalties missed - a handball in the first half an a clip in the second. No punishment for the dangerous foul on JoJo which took him out of the game. And just 4 minutes of injury time at the end when it should have been a lot more.

Tackle on SJ was right in front of me and ref was but yards away.

Would like to see again as on first look (I.e. same as ref gets) was bordering on serious foul play but no yellow issued I think let alone what it deserved?
Really don’t want to dig the manager out but on 19:01 - Aug 21 with 1709 viewsNorthernr

I did say people won't like the next bloke's substitutions any more than than they did Warburton's.

Here's another bold prediction - you won't agree with the next bloke who follows Beale's substitutions either.
Really don’t want to dig the manager out but on 21:22 - Aug 21 with 1592 viewseastside_r

Really don’t want to dig the manager out but on 19:01 - Aug 21 by Northernr

I did say people won't like the next bloke's substitutions any more than than they did Warburton's.

Here's another bold prediction - you won't agree with the next bloke who follows Beale's substitutions either.

What you mean Beale will be stubborn and not make any early changes because he was obviously always tactically right from the start of any game, just like MW was.

And all managers are like this?
Really don’t want to dig the manager out but on 13:10 - Aug 22 with 1436 viewsTheChef

Really don’t want to dig the manager out but on 21:22 - Aug 21 by eastside_r

What you mean Beale will be stubborn and not make any early changes because he was obviously always tactically right from the start of any game, just like MW was.

And all managers are like this?

What were the issues with his substitutions on Saturday? None of them struck me as awful, WTF decisions.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Really don’t want to dig the manager out but on 13:22 - Aug 22 with 1398 viewsterryb

Really don’t want to dig the manager out but on 13:10 - Aug 22 by TheChef

What were the issues with his substitutions on Saturday? None of them struck me as awful, WTF decisions.

I'm not having a go at the manager at all & in theory there was nothing wrong with the substitutions, but we regressed after they were made. We also lost any aerial presence upfront, not that we had used this!

This is probably down to losing the threat from Willock & Roberts, but I would argue that those changes were a necessity.
Login to get fewer ads

Really don’t want to dig the manager out but on 13:31 - Aug 22 with 1381 viewsNushnool

You could have ten out of ten people agreeing that the manager's team selection and substitutions were wrong, but probably none of those ten would agree with each other on what the selection and subs should have been.
Really don’t want to dig the manager out but on 13:48 - Aug 22 with 1349 viewsParkRoyalR

Really don’t want to dig the manager out but on 13:10 - Aug 22 by TheChef

Defensively replacing taller players (Dykes + Roberts) with shorter players leaves you exposed against a team who's only plan to score is via set pieces and long balls down the channels for crosses,

Offensively, in the same way I couldn't work out why you wouldn't bring on Adomah + Austin at the same time, if I'm bringing on 2 wingers I'd leave Dykes on, especially after saying you need to throw balls into the box for him,

If you're resting Willock + Roberts, I'd have moved Chair to the left, Adomah on the right and Sinclair off Dykes down the middle as these 3 combined for that last minute chance against Blackpool, still we take our chances and Beale has an easier call to make.
Really don’t want to dig the manager out but on 14:48 - Aug 22 with 1282 viewsngbqpr

Really don’t want to dig the manager out but on 02:54 - Aug 21 by nix

Absolutely right.

It's weird because at the matches the crowd has been pretty positive and getting behind both the team and the manager. On social media it's almost completely the opposite with people giving up after a couple of matches.

Like you I said somewhere that it's a new manager that would need to build again a bit and would be coming good next season. That's not to say we don't expect the team to improve during the season, just that he's unlikely to fully craft everything together in a few weeks.

I think the upvotes for certain comments in this thread show the 'often too silent majority' on here share a similar view to the generally supportive / understanding fans at LR so far.

Social media is another beast completely, just hope all those playing / working for the club have learned to ignore it.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Really don’t want to dig the manager out but on 15:09 - Aug 22 with 1212 viewsTheChef

Really don’t want to dig the manager out but on 13:22 - Aug 22 by terryb

I'm not having a go at the manager at all & in theory there was nothing wrong with the substitutions, but we regressed after they were made. We also lost any aerial presence upfront, not that we had used this!

This is probably down to losing the threat from Willock & Roberts, but I would argue that those changes were a necessity.

In what way did we regress? If anything we created more clear cut chances after the subs were made!

Armstrong squares to Chair - should score
Armstrong chance - should score
Adomah pass to Shodipo - decent opportunity

Who knows - maybe in an alternative universe Dykes stays on and scores all of those! Or not.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Really don’t want to dig the manager out but on 16:24 - Aug 22 with 1130 viewsterryb

Really don’t want to dig the manager out but on 15:09 - Aug 22 by TheChef

In what way did we regress? If anything we created more clear cut chances after the subs were made!

Armstrong squares to Chair - should score
Armstrong chance - should score
Adomah pass to Shodipo - decent opportunity

Who knows - maybe in an alternative universe Dykes stays on and scores all of those! Or not.

I felt that as the game went on we looked less & less like scoring. As we neared the end of the game a winning goal seemed remote.

The Chair & Armstrong chances were fairly soon after the changes, but after those our passing became worse.

I thought our biggest problem, scoring wise, was the lack of players that are in the penalty area between the width of the goal posts. This applied before the subs, but was even more noticable after them. And those that are in the area all try to find space by dropping back rather than attacking the six yard box. This is because none of them are natural goalscorers!

I certainly wouldn't disagree with the changes made & don't think they were a reason to "attack" the manager, but sometimes teams improve for the cvhanges & sometimes they don't. You appear to think we improved & I think we regressed. We might both be wrong & they made no difference!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024