Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 23:00 - Aug 8 with 20684 viewsNotLoyal

This is the official matchday thread.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 10:27 - Aug 14 with 1355 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

The sexual tension on this thread is mesmerising.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 10:32 - Aug 14 with 1330 viewsSirjohnalot

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 10:27 - Aug 14 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

The sexual tension on this thread is mesmerising.

Anyone who spends time in my company is affected. It’s a burden I’ve learnt to bare
Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 10:45 - Aug 14 with 1314 viewsswan65split

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 09:53 - Aug 14 by raynor94

Andy Woolmer the ref who Cooper reported for being biased

And he was right as well.
Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 10:47 - Aug 14 with 1310 viewsSTID2017

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 10:45 - Aug 14 by swan65split

And he was right as well.

Thought he did okay yesterday apart from the penalty

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 11:10 - Aug 14 with 1270 viewsBryanSwan

From the highlights it looks as though we were a lot better yesterday, created a lot of good chances.
That game couldve ended with us having popped 3 or 4 in. We need to be much more clinical.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 11:29 - Aug 14 with 1246 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 11:10 - Aug 14 by BryanSwan

From the highlights it looks as though we were a lot better yesterday, created a lot of good chances.
That game couldve ended with us having popped 3 or 4 in. We need to be much more clinical.

Once again the only chances they really had came from our monumental cock ups. Fultons back pass, Darling dribbling inexplicably into their defender, Cabango faffing about just before they dived for the penalty.

If we can just cut out these absolutely ludicrous suicide moments that often leave teams running directly at our keeper unopposed we will have a good season. Otherwise defensively we are solid. We concede very few “normal” goals where teams actually create something themselves.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 11:29 - Aug 14 with 1244 viewsBadlands

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:50 - Aug 13 by Sirjohnalot

Yes, I said to OHL, no point in passing around your box if it’s just going to come to a stop in midfield. We’re getting there, we’re going to give a team a spanking this year if we can take our chances

We stop in midfield when midfield stops.
Also, we can’t play a long ball effectively if there is no space.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 11:42 - Aug 14 with 1231 viewsBryanSwan

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 11:29 - Aug 14 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Once again the only chances they really had came from our monumental cock ups. Fultons back pass, Darling dribbling inexplicably into their defender, Cabango faffing about just before they dived for the penalty.

If we can just cut out these absolutely ludicrous suicide moments that often leave teams running directly at our keeper unopposed we will have a good season. Otherwise defensively we are solid. We concede very few “normal” goals where teams actually create something themselves.

Its a fine line between deciding when to play and when it has to go. We've not quite managed to get it right this season.
Thought Cabango was pretty good barring a few little mistakes, added a bit of aerial dominance and a threat.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Login to get fewer ads

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 12:06 - Aug 14 with 1200 viewsmagicdaps10

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 11:29 - Aug 14 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

The 3 chances we gave them.

1. Darling needs to be switched on there.
2.Cabango is only just getting back into it and arguably his match sharpness is slightly behind the others.
Have to add that Cabango was excellent despite that error.
3. Fulton has been caught out twice in the last 2 matches with poor technique! You can see quite clearly his limitations and how he struggles playing with the ball at feet.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 12:09 - Aug 14 with 1199 viewsmagicdaps10

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 10:20 - Aug 14 by onehunglow

Nope,she wanted grandad fun.

I’m really not sure she was properly dressed for a game of football .

Lovely smile too.

I need a shower

A word regarding Stewards. Excellent,laid back and pleasant. Local police too were sound and helpful..

A good ground to go to.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2022 10:22]

Sounds like you still got it or you still think you are 21 in your head 😂

I still think I look like I did in my prime 😁
Think I am starting to realise that the smiles back are because they see a harmless middle aged man ☹️

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 13:20 - Aug 14 with 1127 viewsWitneyjack

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 08:40 - Aug 14 by AndyCole

Pity you didn't catch it Doc.  A game of two halves.

We looked good out of the blocks - Plan A was clearly ditched and a bucket full of Long balls from the off - the first was a Cabango 60-yard special which rocketed out for a goal kick, unfortunately.  However much more positive intent with lots more running in behind for the long balls (which were often misplaced). Grimes pinged some beauts, and played far higher far more often, driving his team into the red zone.

2nd half, from the off they pounced on our usual vulnerabilities - our right side defence was targeted by their sub (an aggressive go-getter) and they piled in - it looked like we reverted to type under pressure and looked like sitting ducks, again. They missed the pen which threw us a life line.  We looked devoid of ideas, intent, drive and energy - ironically Martin's words came back to haunt him:  we were the ones out on our feet after lots of running in the 1st half, they were the ones taking advantage.

Nevertheless, good to get the 3 pts - it'll be interesting if he sticks or twists, again, like he did last year (tap-in there for OHL.....)

Blackpool didn't miss the penalty, Fisher saved it. At least give him the credit for that irrespective of how you feel about him.
Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 13:21 - Aug 14 with 1125 viewsCatullus

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 11:10 - Aug 14 by BryanSwan

Yeah I just watched them and the commentator actually called us sharp and decisive. That is a massive improvement in itself. We still gave to many silly chances away though. It won't really take that much of an adjustment, as Joesus says.

I just hope he takes that from the game and continues to look for more pace, fewer suicidal passes and lets shoot more often.

I though Obafemi did really well, many strikers would have shot themselves, what he did was in the teams best interests. Fisher made some great saves, as did the oppo keeper.

Lets see this on Tuesday, lets see more attacking intent, more pace, lets blow Millwall away and then build on that. If we can do that I'll even apologise!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 14:07 - Aug 14 with 1062 viewsonehunglow

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 12:09 - Aug 14 by magicdaps10

Sounds like you still got it or you still think you are 21 in your head 😂

I still think I look like I did in my prime 😁
Think I am starting to realise that the smiles back are because they see a harmless middle aged man ☹️

Lol.
I’m not harmless matey. Honest.
Yesterday was a happy day ,traffic aside,and jonalot didn’t disappoint. Very nice chap indeed . Was very incongruous for me but he clearly unwinds at games .Opposite to me ,really.

IvecslaughteredcFisher but speaking honestly yesterday he was very good. He saved the points .
Penalty save was stunning and I did foresee it and said so.

We need to press on though

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 14:11 - Aug 14 with 1053 viewsSirjohnalot

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 14:07 - Aug 14 by onehunglow

Lol.
I’m not harmless matey. Honest.
Yesterday was a happy day ,traffic aside,and jonalot didn’t disappoint. Very nice chap indeed . Was very incongruous for me but he clearly unwinds at games .Opposite to me ,really.

IvecslaughteredcFisher but speaking honestly yesterday he was very good. He saved the points .
Penalty save was stunning and I did foresee it and said so.

We need to press on though

Going to games is a massive de stress , having a sing, jumping up and down, telling random oppo keepers they’re crap, abusing the ref’s mistakes from 80m away, and hoping our blokes stick the ball in the net more times than their blokes. Great fun

Still buzzing after yesterday, last minute winners are the best.

Great to watch the game with someone who so clearly cares a lot about the club.

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 14:17 - Aug 14 with 1050 viewsmagicdaps10

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 14:11 - Aug 14 by Sirjohnalot

Going to games is a massive de stress , having a sing, jumping up and down, telling random oppo keepers they’re crap, abusing the ref’s mistakes from 80m away, and hoping our blokes stick the ball in the net more times than their blokes. Great fun

Still buzzing after yesterday, last minute winners are the best.

Great to watch the game with someone who so clearly cares a lot about the club.

It's a good thing personally, amazing what going to games can do to you mentally in good terms.

I think the longer you stay away, the more defeatist and negative you become.

Football as whole isn't just about the result at the end of the match, it helps 😁 but the result personally at the end is just as important 👍

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 14:27 - Aug 14 with 1040 viewsonehunglow

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 14:17 - Aug 14 by magicdaps10

It's a good thing personally, amazing what going to games can do to you mentally in good terms.

Football as whole isn't just about the result at the end of the match, it helps 😁 but the result personally at the end is just as important 👍

I briefly discussed this with Jon ,that of going along to see your local or nearest clubs. Mine is Tranmere and I’ve been several times for their key games.It ain’t the same pull.
I live 25 mins from Anfield and a,so been there many times,sometimes in a box which is goddam awful.
Again ,it ain’t the same ..

Football and your home town s representatives are always within you like it or not.Often I d rather it not but it’s part of me and I will die as such with this bluddy club parked up in my soul.

The club is bigger than any fan,forum or individual.

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 14:48 - Aug 14 with 1027 viewsSirjohnalot

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 14:27 - Aug 14 by onehunglow

I briefly discussed this with Jon ,that of going along to see your local or nearest clubs. Mine is Tranmere and I’ve been several times for their key games.It ain’t the same pull.
I live 25 mins from Anfield and a,so been there many times,sometimes in a box which is goddam awful.
Again ,it ain’t the same ..

Football and your home town s representatives are always within you like it or not.Often I d rather it not but it’s part of me and I will die as such with this bluddy club parked up in my soul.

The club is bigger than any fan,forum or individual.

I’ve seen Stockport a couple of times, still cheer when they win but it’s not that explosion I get when the Swans score, same with Sale in the rugby
Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 17:17 - Aug 14 with 942 viewsFireboy2

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 10:32 - Aug 14 by Sirjohnalot

Anyone who spends time in my company is affected. It’s a burden I’ve learnt to bare

100 % as its definitely not perch.
Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 17:43 - Aug 14 with 904 viewsonehunglow

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 17:17 - Aug 14 by Fireboy2

100 % as its definitely not perch.

Next up for me Preston.
Last time,Lexter and me went to the Conny club,end of park.
Super friendly.
Cheap beer,snooker ,locals triffid
[Post edited 14 Aug 2022 17:46]

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 17:50 - Aug 14 with 892 viewsKeithHaynes

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 17:43 - Aug 14 by onehunglow

Next up for me Preston.
Last time,Lexter and me went to the Conny club,end of park.
Super friendly.
Cheap beer,snooker ,locals triffid
[Post edited 14 Aug 2022 17:46]

You two over a few beers would form a bond that would never be broken.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 17:57 - Aug 14 with 883 viewsonehunglow

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 17:50 - Aug 14 by KeithHaynes

You two over a few beers would form a bond that would never be broken.

I liked him though I am certain he would be a terror in Court ,like a pit bull .
Speak as one finds

I was 45 mins late for luncheon too.

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:05 - Aug 14 with 870 viewsKeithHaynes

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 17:57 - Aug 14 by onehunglow

I liked him though I am certain he would be a terror in Court ,like a pit bull .
Speak as one finds

I was 45 mins late for luncheon too.

I’m lost.

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:16 - Aug 14 with 842 viewsshingle

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:50 - Aug 13 by Sirjohnalot

Yes, I said to OHL, no point in passing around your box if it’s just going to come to a stop in midfield. We’re getting there, we’re going to give a team a spanking this year if we can take our chances

Just like we did to Cardiff twice and Peterborough last season.
Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:18 - Aug 14 with 830 viewsWhiterockin

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 14:17 - Aug 14 by magicdaps10

As I often say, nothing compares to physically going to a match.
Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:26 - Aug 14 with 797 viewsKeithHaynes

Blackpool v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:16 - Aug 14 by shingle

Just like we did to Cardiff twice and Peterborough last season.

Exactly.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024