Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
End of season forecast 18:50 - Dec 29 with 3257 viewsbuilthjack

13th

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

End of season forecast on 20:40 - Dec 31 with 944 viewsonehunglow

End of season forecast on 20:30 - Dec 31 by vetchonian

Dont forget this is a transition season and many were happy to see relegation.
Amazing we finish 4th last season losing play off finalists and many are happy to see us struggle in the belief this new manager knows what he is doing.

Indeed.
It has transcended from play offs to possible relegation;this talk is ridiculed but it IS possible.

3 go down. Just how many teams have we battered and how many have battered us.

Some are living in fantasy land

We are in a crisis make no mistake. Our expectations have been lowered at an alarming rate.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

End of season forecast on 22:27 - Dec 31 with 934 viewsFireboy2

Amazing we finish 4th last season losing play off finalists and many are happy to see us struggle in the belief this new manager knows what he is doing.

Just leave it vetch, he's gone, long gone.
End of season forecast on 10:29 - Jan 1 with 895 viewsWhiterockin

End of season forecast on 20:40 - Dec 31 by onehunglow

Indeed.
It has transcended from play offs to possible relegation;this talk is ridiculed but it IS possible.

3 go down. Just how many teams have we battered and how many have battered us.

Some are living in fantasy land

We are in a crisis make no mistake. Our expectations have been lowered at an alarming rate.

Drama queen.
End of season forecast on 18:48 - Jan 1 with 831 viewsvetchonian

End of season forecast on 22:27 - Dec 31 by Fireboy2

Just leave it vetch, he's gone, long gone.

Unfortunately!

Lets look at things objectively shall we and look at our current manager

He has taken a side which finished 4th last season to 16th ...of course many will say we have lost Ayew.Lowe, Roberts and Geuhi
We have gained Piroe, Natcham,Paterson,Obafami,Lowe...we have loaned a PL defender in Williams and have the likes of Brandon Cooper breaking through.
We have struggled to win games, and look at it those we have won have been against sides who are struggling.
Martins focus is on possession and has coached natural insitincts out of players...Readings second goal at the Liberty as result of this as Naughton instead of taking the best option of kicking the ball into touch though giving away possession would have allowed us to reset ,he kicked the ball back inside the pitchacross the face of goal leading to an interception and Reading scoring.
Martin 's man management has left a lot to be desired I am sure the reason Fulton is not in the picture "by mutual consent"is that he refuses to play the "game by numbers " approach as seen by Martin, I am sure Fulton was one of those who took the game by the scruff of the neck at Brsitol to get us a win...but by ignoring Martins tactics it is no surprise he hasnt featured much since. I am sure the likes of Robbie and Curt would have found themselves in the same boat had they been playing under this manager.
It is said Whittaker as an attitude..well wouldnt you if you had scored a hat trick yet consistently overlooked in favour of someone yet to sore but when you do get played it is for "token" minutes and mostly out of position.
Playing players out of position seems to be Martins forte I can still not understand as to why he played Cabango and Williams together but on the wrong sides to their natural footing and where they have usually played ....Williams played for Liverpool on the left side of the defence last season yet Martin played him the right and Cabango on the left despite him predominately playing on the right for us last season.....you have to ask yourself why ?
We had a good backline working for us and a left side combination of Manning and Bidwell yet Martin decided to change this...and even when this weak left side of our defence was being targeted by Forest he refused to change it....how tactically inept.
Everyone keeps saying he needs 3 transfer windows...he had these at MKDOns yet still only managed to finsih 13th....read their fans forum they were frustrated at his football....yet this season MKDons are 7th.....strange a change of manager has taken them from midtable to play off contenders whilst a change of manager here has taken us from play off contenders to mid table mediocrity with boring football yet we top the possesion table as did MKDons last season.

Martin is still bemoaning his lack of preseason ( see a recent interview on here) yet 3 other managers have shown how they can com in and take "struggling" sides and take them up the table without any input on players or a preseason.

I fear for us actually because not only are we weak with our manager who still learning and a rookie seems not to recognise this we also have an "inexperienced" senior person in our Sporting director whose football pedigree is pretty no existent apart from running the Man City acadmy.
We are slipping closer to the bottom of the table...whilst we had some wins these were mainly against struggling sides West Brom being the exception...we even struggled against Barnsley who but for points deductions should be bottom 80% possession yet the first half was a bore fest and we finally broke through with 25 minutes left to play

Take the blinkers off Martin is not the man for us......the football is certainly not attractive....and we have players such as Brandon Cooper , Cabango Fulton who came through the Swansea Acadmy and played under Cam Toshack and Garry Phillips who had them playing the "Swansea way" possession attacking football yet MArtin seems unable to use them.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

End of season forecast on 19:20 - Jan 1 with 812 viewsonehunglow

End of season forecast on 10:29 - Jan 1 by Whiterockin

Drama queen.

What me/
Dancing Queen more like. I got all the moves ,hun.

Russ your dream guy then. Good luck.

End of season forecast on 19:22 - Jan 1 with 811 viewsonehunglow

End of season forecast on 18:48 - Jan 1 by vetchonian

Unfortunately!

He has taken a side which finished 4th last season to 16th ...of course many will say we have lost Ayew.Lowe, Roberts and Geuhi
We have gained Piroe, Natcham,Paterson,Obafami,Lowe...we have loaned a PL defender in Williams and have the likes of Brandon Cooper breaking through.
We have struggled to win games, and look at it those we have won have been against sides who are struggling.
Martins focus is on possession and has coached natural insitincts out of players...Readings second goal at the Liberty as result of this as Naughton instead of taking the best option of kicking the ball into touch though giving away possession would have allowed us to reset ,he kicked the ball back inside the pitchacross the face of goal leading to an interception and Reading scoring.
Martin 's man management has left a lot to be desired I am sure the reason Fulton is not in the picture "by mutual consent"is that he refuses to play the "game by numbers " approach as seen by Martin, I am sure Fulton was one of those who took the game by the scruff of the neck at Brsitol to get us a win...but by ignoring Martins tactics it is no surprise he hasnt featured much since. I am sure the likes of Robbie and Curt would have found themselves in the same boat had they been playing under this manager.
It is said Whittaker as an attitude..well wouldnt you if you had scored a hat trick yet consistently overlooked in favour of someone yet to sore but when you do get played it is for "token" minutes and mostly out of position.
Playing players out of position seems to be Martins forte I can still not understand as to why he played Cabango and Williams together but on the wrong sides to their natural footing and where they have usually played ....Williams played for Liverpool on the left side of the defence last season yet Martin played him the right and Cabango on the left despite him predominately playing on the right for us last season.....you have to ask yourself why ?
We had a good backline working for us and a left side combination of Manning and Bidwell yet Martin decided to change this...and even when this weak left side of our defence was being targeted by Forest he refused to change it....how tactically inept.
Everyone keeps saying he needs 3 transfer windows...he had these at MKDOns yet still only managed to finsih 13th....read their fans forum they were frustrated at his football....yet this season MKDons are 7th.....strange a change of manager has taken them from midtable to play off contenders whilst a change of manager here has taken us from play off contenders to mid table mediocrity with boring football yet we top the possesion table as did MKDons last season.

Martin is still bemoaning his lack of preseason ( see a recent interview on here) yet 3 other managers have shown how they can com in and take "struggling" sides and take them up the table without any input on players or a preseason.

I fear for us actually because not only are we weak with our manager who still learning and a rookie seems not to recognise this we also have an "inexperienced" senior person in our Sporting director whose football pedigree is pretty no existent apart from running the Man City acadmy.
We are slipping closer to the bottom of the table...whilst we had some wins these were mainly against struggling sides West Brom being the exception...we even struggled against Barnsley who but for points deductions should be bottom 80% possession yet the first half was a bore fest and we finally broke through with 25 minutes left to play

Take the blinkers off Martin is not the man for us......the football is certainly not attractive....and we have players such as Brandon Cooper , Cabango Fulton who came through the Swansea Acadmy and played under Cam Toshack and Garry Phillips who had them playing the "Swansea way" possession attacking football yet MArtin seems unable to use them.

Are we the best Queens on the forum

End of season forecast on 20:52 - Jan 1 with 799 viewsTreforys_Jack

Unfortunately!

Stop sitting on the fence mun.
End of season forecast on 23:16 - Jan 1 with 779 viewsvetchonian

End of season forecast on 20:52 - Jan 1 by Treforys_Jack

Stop sitting on the fence mun.

I just say it as it is!

Login to get fewer ads

End of season forecast on 00:08 - Jan 2 with 757 viewsKilkennyjack

End of season forecast on 23:16 - Jan 1 by vetchonian

I just say it as it is!

How is Gary Richards getting on at Haverfordwest County btw ?

RM side far better to watch than Cooperball.

Fulton not playing cos he is a stiff.

We need to see this season out and we could still get dragged into a relegation dog fight.
Next season i think RM will have fair chance to see if he can football his way out of this hard league, and i think he can.

Beware of the Risen People

End of season forecast on 00:41 - Jan 2 with 749 viewsDr_Parnassus

‘Transition season’ needs to be added to the swear filters on this forum. It’s a notion that simply doesn’t exist in reality, but used to excuse mediocrity.

I can see a 13th-14th place finish which would be a travesty with this set of players. I was predicting around 10th at the start of the season, that was before I knew how good Piroe was. We have also had a forced “pre season” now where we have the advantage to take stock and develop the style from a position of knowledge.

This Xmas break will, or should be, more valuable than any pre season could be.

But it all depends how we set ourselves up, we really could make play offs if we attack games correctly and not insist with the endless short passing stuff, otherwise we will beat the minnows and struggle against others and probably find ourselves adrift in lower mid table.

I don’t see how that changes next season either. We may get a few players in but if this style is the same it’s hard to see drastic improvements in league position. 19th to 14th at MK wasn’t it, or something similar?

I can see 14th this season to 9th or 10th next. Then I’d expect him to move on, seems to be the average kind of shelf life for a Swansea manager these days.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

End of season forecast on 09:13 - Jan 2 with 731 viewsKilkennyjack

End of season forecast on 00:41 - Jan 2 by Dr_Parnassus

‘Transition season’ needs to be added to the swear filters on this forum. It’s a notion that simply doesn’t exist in reality, but used to excuse mediocrity.

I can see a 13th-14th place finish which would be a travesty with this set of players. I was predicting around 10th at the start of the season, that was before I knew how good Piroe was. We have also had a forced “pre season” now where we have the advantage to take stock and develop the style from a position of knowledge.

But it all depends how we set ourselves up, we really could make play offs if we attack games correctly and not insist with the endless short passing stuff, otherwise we will beat the minnows and struggle against others and probably find ourselves adrift in lower mid table.

I don’t see how that changes next season either. We may get a few players in but if this style is the same it’s hard to see drastic improvements in league position. 19th to 14th at MK wasn’t it, or something similar?

I can see 14th this season to 9th or 10th next. Then I’d expect him to move on, seems to be the average kind of shelf life for a Swansea manager these days.

Barcelona did ok playing keep ball mind.
And Swanscelona back in the day.

You might prefer watching Cardiff City more ?
Just a thought …

Beware of the Risen People

End of season forecast on 10:48 - Jan 2 with 711 viewsgrabsplatter

Agree with a fair bit of that.
Piroe definitely better than I expected him to be but Obafemis been a disappointment.
I'm not sure why Ntcham is struggling to last 90 minutes this far into the season either, that shouldn't be the case.
I can't see this break really being of benefit to work with the players if we've only had 9 - 12 of the first team squad available for training unfortunately.
End of season forecast on 10:58 - Jan 2 with 705 viewsonehunglow

Unfortunately!

Answer that Fireboy,just take your time as it will take something to counter that and do it without the usual insults.

End of season forecast on 12:23 - Jan 2 with 684 viewsGixerJack

End of season forecast on 19:55 - Dec 31 by onehunglow

I'll settle for that seriously.
Derby could well escape leaving Posh and Barnsley in the lowest spots.
Cardiff might well outmuscle /fight their way out of it. EWe don't do fight or muscle and we have a coach who will only play one way no matter what game it is.

It is possibly he could be jettioned if /when we resart and drift ever lower in the league. We will then see how "positive" people are.

Pessimists accept reality and prepare for the worst .Its why they are better as they will have a plan to avoid disaster. Optimistic ones hope it all gets better.Dreamers.

The proper definition of pessimism is someone who sees the worst aspect of things or believes that the worst will happen.

As such, they don’t “accept” reality they expect things to be worse than reality, it therefore follows that any plan produced will not be needed because things will never get as bad as they feared. (Oh no, we’ve lost the last 3 and Derby have won the last 3 so we’ll end up bottom)

On the other hand, optimistic people are hopeful and confident about the future but often have unrealistically high expectations. (Not to worry, if we make a couple of good signing we can still make automatic places)

Between these extremes are realists who have a sensible and practical idea of what can be achieved or expected. We are currently 8 points above the relegation zone with a game in hand and 12 points below a playoff spot with 3 games in hand.

The optimist in me hopes we can win the game in hand over Peterborough which means they have to win 4 games more than us, the realist in me thinks they won’t.

Looking up, the optimist in me thinks we can win the 3 in hand which will put us in contention for a playoff place but the realist knows that whilst it is possible it’s highly unlikely…

Next stop is the league prediction thread to say I reckon we’ll finish 2nd
End of season forecast on 12:28 - Jan 2 with 678 viewsDr_Parnassus

End of season forecast on 09:13 - Jan 2 by Kilkennyjack

Barcelona did ok playing keep ball mind.
And Swanscelona back in the day.

You might prefer watching Cardiff City more ?
Just a thought …

Swansea have never played this way before in their history.

“Keeping the ball” is a very small part of the style, the similarity ends there.

Assuming they are the same because they are both based on possession is like saying Joel Piroe plays like Peter Crouch because they are both players that focus on attack.

While there is a small link, the difference is huge and any comparison to suggest they are the same style of player is utterly laughable.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

End of season forecast on 16:58 - Jan 2 with 647 viewsvetchonian

End of season forecast on 10:58 - Jan 2 by onehunglow

Answer that Fireboy,just take your time as it will take something to counter that and do it without the usual insults.

His lack of response says it all

All facts but still many say in Martin we trust......

End of season forecast on 17:00 - Jan 2 with 644 viewsraynor94

End of season forecast on 19:22 - Jan 1 by onehunglow

Are we the best Queens on the forum

Without a doubt, Drama with a capital D!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

End of season forecast on 17:07 - Jan 2 with 639 viewsNotLoyal

Never a relegation put it that way.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

End of season forecast on 17:35 - Jan 2 with 620 viewsonehunglow

I read transition and I see genitals being amended or even removed.
Not for me.

Im old fashioned though

End of season forecast on 17:43 - Jan 2 with 618 viewsvetchonian

Totally agree Doc

I'm not advocating this transition nonsense I used it tongue in cheek....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024