Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The old man 22:30 - Jun 17 with 15209 viewsBlackCrowe

Sitting here now with the old man, whose life will pass any time between now at the next few days. Proud strong man, 95, overflowing with good stuff and achievement.

Took me to my first QPR game (midweek v.Ipswich 1-0 Eastoe) even though he had no interest in the game.

Quite hard really.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

The old man on 10:14 - Jun 19 with 2480 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Missed your post as well, LG.

You take it easy, my man. Much love.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The old man on 14:42 - Jun 19 with 2342 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Best wishes to you over the next few days and weeks after he has taken the journey to the Promised Land .
I sat with my father the last night before Pancreatic cancer took him and he was suffering so bad his teeth cut through his lips despite the morphine they pumped into him.I kept talking to him about nothing then at 4am I whispered into his ear "its ok just let go and take the journey to be re united with his wife my mother who passed 18 months earlier "
We switched shifts with my brothers and sister ,I went home and he died 6 hours later .
I saw him again at the funeral home and he was so peaceful relief washed over me and my pain eased at once knowing he was gone to whatever is next .
Thoughts and prayers to you and yours BlackCrowe
The old man on 16:34 - Jun 19 with 2275 viewsPunteR

Thoughts and prayers to you Nick . What an emotional time for you and your family. I was there with my dad when we watched my grandad pass away. To witness the grief that my dad went through that day still makes me well up thinking about it.
As others have said , cherish the memories.
Much love to you mate.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The old man on 15:53 - Jun 20 with 2126 viewsmcqpr10

I find threads like this so comforting. It's been nearly ten years since my old man died. It happened suddenly and we were completely unprepared. The suffering of my mother immediately after was heart wrenching. Little things hurt so much. I remember deleting his number from my phone as it was painful to see his number pop up- but then it felt like deleting him. Also, if qpr won I would be texting him as I walked down the stairs of loftus road. Not being able to do that anymore still hurts. That said I feel fortunate to of had him for 25 years of my life. He guided me wonderfully well and if we had of lost him ten years earlier I wonder what path I would have taken. I have a one year old boy now and I had the perfect mentor in fatherhood. Pretty much base my parenting on him.
The old man on 18:26 - Jun 20 with 1996 viewsRangersDave

fcek mate, i feel for you at this time and send much love to you and yours.

This team of sometimes divisive, sometimes rude, nasty, funny, kind, and all the time fantastic R's supporters are with you in mind and spirit.

Your post, which i'm sorry to say, i'vejust read brought me to tears and i'm sitting here on fathers day now missing my dad so much.
enjoy your remaining time with him, and please don't forget to whisper 'i love you' into his ear. somewhere inside he will hear that, and when your next together standing in that 'loft' in the sky, he will put his arm round you, give you that look of his, and say thanks. Nuf said!

All my best
Dave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

The old man on 20:42 - Jun 20 with 1890 viewsBlackCrowe

So Dad drifted off peacefully yesterday lunchtime. Thank you once again for such amazing sentiments and sharing experiences (Loftgirl - big love to you) - it really was cathartic experience reading this thred.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

The old man on 20:46 - Jun 20 with 1876 viewslightwaterhoop

So sorry to hear of your loss please except my condolences.
The old man on 21:00 - Jun 20 with 1840 viewsloftboy

The old man on 20:42 - Jun 20 by BlackCrowe

So Dad drifted off peacefully yesterday lunchtime. Thank you once again for such amazing sentiments and sharing experiences (Loftgirl - big love to you) - it really was cathartic experience reading this thred.

Many condolences, to you and your family . RIP

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

The old man on 21:49 - Jun 20 with 1781 viewsSharpy36

The old man on 20:42 - Jun 20 by BlackCrowe

Sorry for your loss BC

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

The old man on 21:51 - Jun 20 with 1778 viewsdanehoop

So sorry to hear of your loss. Thoughts are with you and your family.

Never knowingly understood

The old man on 22:15 - Jun 20 with 1727 viewsMyke

May your dad Rest In Peace
The old man on 22:26 - Jun 20 with 1709 viewsted_hendrix

Condolences to you and your Family BlackCrowe, you'll miss him but you wont ever forget him.

RIP.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The old man on 22:34 - Jun 20 with 1689 viewsDWQPR

God bless you and your family BlackCrowe. Your Dad is at rest now and by the sounds of things it was a gentle passing. He’s now up their with the rest of the QPR Dads (and Mums I’m sure), that had the good sense to introduce many of us to the love of our team which I’m sure for most apart from
Our parents and siblings is the other constant in our lives.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

The old man on 22:49 - Jun 20 with 1665 viewsmylot50years

BC
Your dad would have been so proud of you over this very difficult time
And now peace of mind to all those left behind.

RIP.
The old man on 22:59 - Jun 20 with 1653 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ar dheis Dé go raibh anam uasal d'Athair.

To God's right hand side the noble soul of your Father.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The old man on 23:10 - Jun 20 with 1631 viewsessextaxiboy

Look after yourself and your family. It will get better over time . RIP to your Dad
The old man on 23:14 - Jun 20 with 1628 viewsstowmarketrange

Sorry for your sad loss mate and condolences to all his family and friends.Take comfort in the fact that his suffering is over,and remember the good times you spent together.
The old man on 23:26 - Jun 20 with 1616 viewsnix

Sorry for your loss BC. RIP your dad x
The old man on 23:37 - Jun 20 with 1599 viewshook_hoops

My deepest condolences for your loss. May your dad RIP.
The old man on 23:46 - Jun 20 with 1590 viewshamptonhillhoop

RIP to your dad. Thinking of you and yours. It does get easier over time, although I know that doesn't help now
The old man on 23:48 - Jun 20 with 1587 viewsqpr_1968

RIP to your father BC.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

The old man on 00:23 - Jun 21 with 1567 viewsTrom

Condolences. Nothing makes a loss like this easy but making it to 95 is something to be celebrated in the long run and must mean you have lots of happy memories to look back on.
The old man on 00:23 - Jun 21 with 1566 viewsLeedsR

So sorry for your loss. Condolences to you and yours. May your dad Rest In Peace.
The old man on 02:00 - Jun 21 with 1528 viewsBoston

Hey BC, rooting for you to hit 95.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The old man on 03:52 - Jun 21 with 1500 viewsbob566

Condolences BC. RIP to your pop. 95 is a great age. RIP
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024