Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR - 1982/83 Squad - Where are they now? 09:56 - Sep 5 with 6980 viewstkqpr

Interesting article - don't know if its been posted before?

https://www.theleaguepaper.com/featured/6294/where-are-the-now-qprs-second-divis
QPR - 1982/83 Squad - Where are they now? on 00:26 - Sep 7 with 1058 viewsCiderwithRsie

Quite a few candidates for Forever Rs there. A lot of heroes of mine, I loved that team.

Bit of a shock to read that Wayne Fereday worked as a car valeter for a bit. Bloke was a regular in some very decent Rs sides in top flight football for 5 or 6 years and another year at Newcastle.

Somewhere between car valeting and tossers retiring on enough dosh to never work again after a career on the bench there has to be a happy medium.
QPR - 1982/83 Squad - Where are they now? on 08:56 - Sep 7 with 987 viewsEsox_Lucius

QPR - 1982/83 Squad - Where are they now? on 13:21 - Sep 6 by PeterHucker

Ian Gillard top bloke. Met him quite a few times when he was at Aldershot because my dad's mate was also on the coaching staff there.

Ask him his opinion on Rodney Marsh next time you see him. If he is with his wife you may get the cleaned up version LOL.

The grass is always greener.

QPR - 1982/83 Squad - Where are they now? on 13:21 - Sep 7 with 922 viewsChurchie

QPR - 1982/83 Squad - Where are they now? on 11:33 - Sep 5 by CamberleyR

I do. He's the same age as me and I came up against him in school matches and youth football (he came from down the road in Aldershot and played for Farnborough Town youth).

He was one of these that was a class above in schools and youth football and was a bit of a star player for the district and county. It was known he was on the books at QPR as a schoolboy and big things were predicted for him. It never happened for him at Rangers but he later had a decent lower league career with Cambridge and Leyton Orient.

Really good bloke. He was a neighbour of ours in Aldershot. My wife got a QPR birthday card and asked him if he could get it signed which he did by nearly the whole squad. I've still got it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024