Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cousins 18:09 - Dec 29 with 7860 viewsridethewave

If Cousins is a decent footballer I’m the pope. He lacks any presence whatsoever. I’ve cut him a lot of slack for being injured and not given a chance, but that performance just tops it for me. He doesn’t even look like he has a footballing brain in his head.
Cousins on 10:29 - Dec 30 with 1224 viewssmegma

Cousins on 09:28 - Dec 30 by oldmisery

Hall has been on the bench for seven of the last ten games, he even came on as a late substitute on two occasions, if he isn't ready to start a game now - does anyone think he ever will be?

12 of the last 16 in fact.
Cousins on 12:35 - Dec 30 with 1143 viewsWadR

Cousins on 09:28 - Dec 30 by oldmisery

Hall has been on the bench for seven of the last ten games, he even came on as a late substitute on two occasions, if he isn't ready to start a game now - does anyone think he ever will be?

Even when he played in midfield a couple of seasons back it was as a deep holding midfielder in a 3 that would drop back into the defence regularly.

I think it's a lot to ask of him to play in a midfield 2 after his injury hell and I'm not sure he has the legs for it.

Would like to see him get a start at CB v Leeds in the cup though.
Cousins on 12:41 - Dec 30 with 1133 viewsTHEBUSH

SMc has confidence in Cousins, so I'm happy with that
Cousins on 13:02 - Dec 30 with 1098 viewsconnell10

Cousins on 21:35 - Dec 29 by Hunterhoop

Was he markedly better there than his colleagues? Or just his prior performances? Here he was markedly worse than both.

Also, I wasn’t at Forest so i couldn’t really comment on his performance there. Was there today, as I have an ST, so can comment.

Surprised you didnt watch the full Forest game on the offy after such a historic win , i know i did!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Cousins on 13:05 - Dec 30 with 1096 viewsconnell10

Cousins on 22:57 - Dec 29 by WadR

Henry was a good player, unfairly scapegoated (as Hunter said). Played a part in our playoff promotion year, was one of our better players in the prem and good in our first season down in the Champo. Shouldn't have been given an extra year but even after that, was superb in that 3-0 v Leeds and was good enough to help keep a shi_t Bolton up last season at 35. Think his leaving them had to do with unpaid bonuses more than ability.

Cousins works hard and has all the physical attributes but think he lacks some football intelligence. If we are comparing the two, Henry was significantly more composed on the ball than Cousins and considerably more positionally aware out of possession.

It's already been mentioned in this thread, but the sliced clearance at the end almost cost us a point and was just one of many examples of rash/thoughtless actions. Multiple times he lost the ball under the slightest pressure when receiving the ball on the half turn or facing his own goal, the composure to deal with this scenario should be a prerequisite of being a CM at this level imo.

That all said, he's had a horrible 2.5 years here and even since being fit again, the most league games he has played in a row this season is 3. He's shown enough against Boro and Forest recently to have earned a run of games at CM (not that we have many alternatives atm) and there are the signs of a decent player in there that hopefully the confidence of a run of games can unlock.

Karl Henry was shite mate!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Cousins on 13:11 - Dec 30 with 1087 viewsPinnerPaul

Cousins on 20:04 - Dec 29 by Watford_Ranger

Very much this. I’m sure he’s a nice bloke and loves his mum but he almost never looks like a Championship midfielder and today was worse than average. Boro was sadly the exception to the rule.

The foul he got booked for was a really dangerous position and the miskick at the end was Sunday league. There was another total air shot on the edge of our box first half.

We desperately need him, a senior player, to step up. I fear the worst though.

Furlong also gave away a fk in a dangerous area and I remember at least one poor clearance from him.

As ever some players get criticised at the first opportunity, others never do.
Cousins on 13:24 - Dec 30 with 1058 viewsWatford_Ranger

Cousins on 13:11 - Dec 30 by PinnerPaul

Furlong also gave away a fk in a dangerous area and I remember at least one poor clearance from him.

As ever some players get criticised at the first opportunity, others never do.

There’s really no comparing the two players over their respective careers with QPR. It wasn’t Furlong’s best game by any means against two pretty useful players in Barrow and Richards but he has money in the bank which Cousins just doesn’t despite two above average performances previously.
Cousins on 13:29 - Dec 30 with 1054 viewsessextaxiboy

Cousins on 20:47 - Dec 29 by traininvain

I’m surprised that people are confident that Manning can do a job for us when he can’t get in the Rotherham team.

Maybe they know he is coming back and are preparing for it .........
Login to get fewer ads

Cousins on 13:36 - Dec 30 with 1041 viewsPinnerPaul

Cousins on 13:24 - Dec 30 by Watford_Ranger

There’s really no comparing the two players over their respective careers with QPR. It wasn’t Furlong’s best game by any means against two pretty useful players in Barrow and Richards but he has money in the bank which Cousins just doesn’t despite two above average performances previously.

There we go - proved my point

'got money in the bank' translates as never going to get criticised.

Doesn't matter, if someone has a poor game - they have a poor game.

Wells missed chances yesterday he should have scored - you could see by his reaction he knew it too. Fully realise that IF he always took those chances and was scoring very game, he would be in the Burnley team - but no reason on earth why we can't criticise one performance.

Cousins not the only poor performance and in no way justifies completely ott criticism, implying he's not good enough to be a professional footballer!

As I said before where were the threads praising him after Forest and Boro?
Cousins on 13:40 - Dec 30 with 1032 viewsE17hoop

It's probably just a coincidence but when Cousins has played, we haven't lost since September.

We didn't, as far as I recall, lose yesterday.

Yes, he had a poor first half; he was playing too deep and wasn't able to pick a pass like Mass. But if he's the choice that McLaren has made, then he needs time to work with Scowen, working out who goes forward and when. The unfortunate series of games over Christmas means that has to happen in real time and we get to see it.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Cousins on 15:01 - Dec 30 with 968 viewsWatford_Ranger

Cousins on 13:36 - Dec 30 by PinnerPaul

There we go - proved my point

'got money in the bank' translates as never going to get criticised.

Doesn't matter, if someone has a poor game - they have a poor game.

Wells missed chances yesterday he should have scored - you could see by his reaction he knew it too. Fully realise that IF he always took those chances and was scoring very game, he would be in the Burnley team - but no reason on earth why we can't criticise one performance.

Cousins not the only poor performance and in no way justifies completely ott criticism, implying he's not good enough to be a professional footballer!

As I said before where were the threads praising him after Forest and Boro?

He did well against Boro. He wasn’t brilliant or particularly praiseworthy but it was a solid 7/10. Wasn’t at Forest so can’t comment.

Money in the bank is money in the bank. If Furlong was crap for two years it will have long eroded.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024