Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Financial Crisis at the Dale? 16:26 - Dec 17 with 23206 viewssmaclad1

I’ve heard it suggested that the club’s financial affairs are not all they might be, and such is the issue that at least one player will need to be sold in January.

All this comes on the back of a reported loss from last season. Despite what we might think about previous player sales with add-ons, the cup run and associated TV money, and owning our ground, I understand that good sources have said that relaying the pitch and buying the ground contributed to last season’s state of affairs, while this season the windfall payments have dried up, we’re overspending on the player budget and the reduced price season ticket offer have all taken their toll on this season’s budget.

This seems to have been coming for some time now. All this was, I have been informed, was known about and lurking in the background before the boardroom unrest was made public.

Very worrying.
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 19:38 - Dec 18 with 3886 viewsroccydaleian

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 17:49 - Dec 18 by judd

Thank fook fer Google, eh?

Do one. My encyclopaedic knowledge of fire extinguishers is ace tbf.
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 19:48 - Dec 18 with 3851 viewsfitzochris

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 19:27 - Dec 18 by rochdale_ranger

Whatever did you do with yourself before you started posting on here?

Made up polls.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 19:50 - Dec 18 with 3855 viewsTVOS1907

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 19:38 - Dec 18 by roccydaleian

Do one. My encyclopaedic knowledge of fire extinguishers is ace tbf.

I've seen one of your promotional videos:

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 20:46 - Dec 18 with 3738 viewskel

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 19:27 - Dec 18 by rochdale_ranger

Whatever did you do with yourself before you started posting on here?

Chuck season tickets because someone did it in the premier league and it looked ace?
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:24 - Dec 18 with 3646 viewsDaleiLama

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 19:36 - Dec 18 by roccydaleian

That’s why it got banned in Europe in portable fire extinguishers. Was fun getting a little legal high while working in a confined space with it though.

Seems like nitrous oxide is the "gaz du jour" now (or gdj if you prefer it in tla format?)

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:27 - Dec 18 with 3636 viewsDaleiLama

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 18:57 - Dec 18 by D_Alien

Didn't we witness a brominated haloalkane during England's World Cup semi?

The only thing worse would have been a Japanese leadership contest, generally?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:30 - Dec 18 with 3620 viewsD_Alien

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:27 - Dec 18 by DaleiLama

The only thing worse would have been a Japanese leadership contest, generally?

As a result of hari-kirikane?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 22:40 - Dec 18 with 3481 viewssmaclad1

For Fitzochris’ benefit, I haven’t found religion -

“Comment is free…but facts are sacred”
CP Scott, 1921 Guardian editor and editorial motif of the Guardian.
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/dec/17/guardian-most-trusted-newspaper-in

I find it much more laudable than “Believe what you want”, but never mind.

Alright, the thread heading is a bit tabloid. But, despite dawlishdale’s protests and an accusation of hyperbole, the content of the OP is all taken from the Plymouth match thread. Maybe a liberty or two taken here and there, but nothing that altered the general thrust of the posts on that thread. All I did was take the hints and snippets of ‘information’ presented and put them into one composite post. I didn’t write the OP, it was already written. All I did was present it in a light that anyone might have interpreted it. Read the OP and you do ask whether there is a crisis. That might not be what the various posters were intending to suggest in their individual posts, but with their dripfeed of information that was the cumulative effect. Perhaps they should reflect on that? Anyway, the cumulative effect is not my fault, I haven’t made anything up. Some people do.
https://www.thecanary.co/uk/2017/07/20/sun-forced-admit-made-story-everyone-know

Anyway, it seems to have touched a nerve or two, with Fitz and dawlish coming up with not too dissimilar putdowns. Fitz again revisits my right to post on here — I seem to have an unerring knack of getting under his skin for some reason. Anyway — where did I spring up from and what did I do before posting on here I think you asked — not that it’s any concern of yours but for one reason or another over recent months I’ve had a bit more time on my hands, some of which I’ve chosen to spend on here. Sorry. Sadly for you, as of Thursday evening I won't be employed and will have even more time on my hands…
Login to get fewer ads

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 22:52 - Dec 18 with 3454 viewsfitzochris

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 22:40 - Dec 18 by smaclad1

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/dec/17/guardian-most-trusted-newspaper-in

Alright, the thread heading is a bit tabloid. But, despite dawlishdale’s protests and an accusation of hyperbole, the content of the OP is all taken from the Plymouth match thread. Maybe a liberty or two taken here and there, but nothing that altered the general thrust of the posts on that thread. All I did was take the hints and snippets of ‘information’ presented and put them into one composite post. I didn’t write the OP, it was already written. All I did was present it in a light that anyone might have interpreted it. Read the OP and you do ask whether there is a crisis. That might not be what the various posters were intending to suggest in their individual posts, but with their dripfeed of information that was the cumulative effect. Perhaps they should reflect on that? Anyway, the cumulative effect is not my fault, I haven’t made anything up. Some people do.
https://www.thecanary.co/uk/2017/07/20/sun-forced-admit-made-story-everyone-know

Anyway, it seems to have touched a nerve or two, with Fitz and dawlish coming up with not too dissimilar putdowns. Fitz again revisits my right to post on here — I seem to have an unerring knack of getting under his skin for some reason. Anyway — where did I spring up from and what did I do before posting on here I think you asked — not that it’s any concern of yours but for one reason or another over recent months I’ve had a bit more time on my hands, some of which I’ve chosen to spend on here. Sorry. Sadly for you, as of Thursday evening I won't be employed and will have even more time on my hands…

Ace.

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 07:56 - Dec 19 with 3261 viewsEllDale

Back to the thread....

I wonder if the club took a financial hit with cheap season tickets?
I suspect one of the things that stood out on Russ Green's CV was his background at Hartlepool with season ticket sales.
Did he and the board think that he could repeat the same success here?

And someone else mentioned the cost of actually going to a game and quoted £30. If you're from out of town it's nearer £45 if you rely on public transport.
This means that I don't have a drink any more before the game and don't have a pie and a coffee as I once would have done. Multiply that by 500 people per game and there's a lot of lost revenue.

My point is that the club took over the ground and the bars at precisely the same time that people started to trim back expenditure so projected budgets may be out.
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 08:58 - Dec 19 with 3206 viewsdawlishdale

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 22:40 - Dec 18 by smaclad1

You admit that your heading is "a bit tabloid" as in it's designed to draw attention and encourage additional readers. You further admit that you have taken "a liberty or two here and there" in how you constructed your argument that there may be a financial crisis at the Dale.

Please stop trying to be cleverer than you are. It's making you look a proper smartarse, when I'm sure that you are actually quite a decent chap.

And regarding your "as of Thursday evening I won't be employed" this too, could be taken in two ways.

If you are being made redundant, then it's very bad news and you have my sympathies. It's an awful time of year for this to happen.

On the other hand, you may well be retiring, and blissfully happy with the timing of events, in which case, congratulations are due.

See...it's sometimes hard to draw the correct conclusion when you don't have the full picture.
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 10:19 - Dec 19 with 3081 viewsdiver

To quote Monty Python this discussion has become too silly!! without factual uptoda information we are all wasting time!,
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 15:15 - Dec 19 with 2910 viewskiwidale

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 08:58 - Dec 19 by dawlishdale

You admit that your heading is "a bit tabloid" as in it's designed to draw attention and encourage additional readers. You further admit that you have taken "a liberty or two here and there" in how you constructed your argument that there may be a financial crisis at the Dale.

Please stop trying to be cleverer than you are. It's making you look a proper smartarse, when I'm sure that you are actually quite a decent chap.

And regarding your "as of Thursday evening I won't be employed" this too, could be taken in two ways.

If you are being made redundant, then it's very bad news and you have my sympathies. It's an awful time of year for this to happen.

On the other hand, you may well be retiring, and blissfully happy with the timing of events, in which case, congratulations are due.

See...it's sometimes hard to draw the correct conclusion when you don't have the full picture.

A smartarse really? smarter than some on here would be more apt. I have revisited the OP and find nothing that suggests anything what you say. The heading is a question not a statement of fact "Financial Crisis at the Dale?" you often Find one of these ? when a question is asked it invites discussion nothing more, no wild claims and no attempt to cause mischief, if you are looking for smartarse comments you need to look further north.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2018 15:34]

This is not the time for bickering.

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 15:34 - Dec 19 with 2863 viewsfitzochris

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 15:15 - Dec 19 by kiwidale

A smartarse really? smarter than some on here would be more apt. I have revisited the OP and find nothing that suggests anything what you say. The heading is a question not a statement of fact "Financial Crisis at the Dale?" you often Find one of these ? when a question is asked it invites discussion nothing more, no wild claims and no attempt to cause mischief, if you are looking for smartarse comments you need to look further north.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2018 15:34]

All I see is a cosy slogan, not a smart arse comment?

http://www.northbar.com/further-north/

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 15:41 - Dec 19 with 2848 viewskiwidale

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 15:34 - Dec 19 by fitzochris

All I see is a cosy slogan, not a smart arse comment?

http://www.northbar.com/further-north/

Its always satisfying when your first cast of the day catches a whopper, lucky that I tag and release. merry Christmas by the way.

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 15:43 - Dec 19 with 2835 viewsfitzochris

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 15:41 - Dec 19 by kiwidale

Its always satisfying when your first cast of the day catches a whopper, lucky that I tag and release. merry Christmas by the way.

You’ve completely lost me. But then again, you always do.

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 15:47 - Dec 19 with 2827 viewskiwidale

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 15:43 - Dec 19 by fitzochris

You’ve completely lost me. But then again, you always do.

and here's me thinking you are a smarter arse than that.

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 15:48 - Dec 19 with 2815 viewsfitzochris

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 15:47 - Dec 19 by kiwidale

and here's me thinking you are a smarter arse than that.

I think someone didn’t click the link...

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 15:55 - Dec 19 with 2806 viewskiwidale

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 15:48 - Dec 19 by fitzochris

I think someone didn’t click the link...

I did click the link my comments had nothing to do with it. You need to up your game Chris.

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 15:56 - Dec 19 with 2798 viewsfitzochris

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 15:55 - Dec 19 by kiwidale

I did click the link my comments had nothing to do with it. You need to up your game Chris.

Right.

Anywaaaaaay...

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 14:58 - Dec 20 with 2427 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 12:32 - Dec 18 by fitzochris

Can you?

He could if only he knew how to get into the "tittle-tattle" clique?

How is it done?
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 17:00 - Dec 20 with 2267 viewsEllGazzell

Now hear this and hear it well...

My missus is stipulating a cease of my corporate operations over the festive period; which I must say is welcomed - as life mixing with and servicing the upper echelons of, in the political sense, Europe takes its toll.

I thereupon have time, if this message board furthers its course, seemingly parallel to the British parliament, towards the bottom of the intellectual barrel (i.e Brexit), to dust off my keyboard and steer you in the right direction.

The last time I had to come out and expedite a more amenable trajectory was before the Brexit referendum, and there were casualties.

You have been warned.

There's no school like the old school and I'm the f****ng headmaster!

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 17:16 - Dec 20 with 2240 viewsD_Alien

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 17:00 - Dec 20 by EllGazzell

Now hear this and hear it well...

My missus is stipulating a cease of my corporate operations over the festive period; which I must say is welcomed - as life mixing with and servicing the upper echelons of, in the political sense, Europe takes its toll.

I thereupon have time, if this message board furthers its course, seemingly parallel to the British parliament, towards the bottom of the intellectual barrel (i.e Brexit), to dust off my keyboard and steer you in the right direction.

The last time I had to come out and expedite a more amenable trajectory was before the Brexit referendum, and there were casualties.

You have been warned.

There's no school like the old school and I'm the f****ng headmaster!

You came across as a pseud then, and nothing in your post indicates any improvement

In other words, don't bother

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 17:32 - Dec 20 with 2211 viewsEllGazzell

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 17:16 - Dec 20 by D_Alien

You came across as a pseud then, and nothing in your post indicates any improvement

In other words, don't bother

How's it going in reception playing in the sandpit?

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 09:03 - Dec 21 with 1883 viewsaleanddale

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 07:56 - Dec 19 by EllDale

Back to the thread....

I wonder if the club took a financial hit with cheap season tickets?
I suspect one of the things that stood out on Russ Green's CV was his background at Hartlepool with season ticket sales.
Did he and the board think that he could repeat the same success here?

And someone else mentioned the cost of actually going to a game and quoted £30. If you're from out of town it's nearer £45 if you rely on public transport.
This means that I don't have a drink any more before the game and don't have a pie and a coffee as I once would have done. Multiply that by 500 people per game and there's a lot of lost revenue.

My point is that the club took over the ground and the bars at precisely the same time that people started to trim back expenditure so projected budgets may be out.

I think its a case of the best time to fix the roof is when the sun is ( was ) shining.

We were lucky to have the ready cash available at just the right time. Everybody is in agreement that the buying of the club was the correct thing to do.

I don't think there is a financial crisis.

I don't thing we have pots of cash to throw at any gambles.

We need to remain prudent as we always have in recent times and stick to a plan and the formula that has proved so successful in recent years.

I strongly suspect whilst we have some cash in the bank it would only take 1 barren season and a relegation to put us in a position where budgets might have to be trimmed accordingly or a player sale ( Camps? ) might be necessary.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024