Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back … 23:03 - Sep 19 with 6662 viewsNW5Hoop

1. We deserved to win on the strength of the first half. That was unrecognisable from even the win against Wigan. Incisive football, quick passing, attractive and effective.
2. The second half was a bit horrible. Even though Leistner and Lynch won almost everything, it was always slightly terrifying wondering where the ball might go from their clearances. But at least they made the clearances.
3. Eze really does look like a talent, doesn't he? But I get McLaren's point about him needing work. There were a couple of times in the second half when he'd done the tracking back, and then forgot that having got into position he needed to keep an eye on his man, But I'm not going to complain. He's entertaining.
4. Lumley worries me. I haven't seen him concede a goal, but he does look shaky on crosses. I suspect the clean sheets are as much luck as judgment.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 23:13]
Just back … on 13:25 - Sep 20 with 1130 viewsloneranger1

Really enjoyed first half last night, and a very satisfying result.
Cameron key, as Pinner says.
Wells and Eze in particular both great to watch.
Tactically I thought we got it spot-on from kick-off, and Cameron was key to that.
We knew we'd have to ride our luck 2nd half but I didn't like the subs we made as I felt by the end of the game, we had no outlet - every time we cleared it, it seemed we were just inviting Millwall onto us... I know there's an argument for having Smith on the pitch for defensive headers but the ball just didn't stick to him or Hemed and the only chance I cam remember from either was the free kick (unlucky, nice hit)
I just feel giving Bright or Wszolek the last 10 minutes instead of Smith or Hemed would have given Millwall something else to think about.
Don't want to complain too much, very happy with the result - just think it could have been very hairy if that header which hit the bar had gone in.
COYRs!!!
Just back … on 13:29 - Sep 20 with 1117 viewsCamberleyR

Just back … on 13:22 - Sep 20 by BklynRanger

Agree with that, definitely. Cameron looked extremely comfortable in that role - could undoubtedly mentor Hall in that position if he ever emerges from his oxygen tent.

Them bringing on Morrison did put more pressure on us at the back though - they should've started him.

And while giving Lynch full credit I also think Rangel deserves a lot of credit - you can see the experience and organisation he brings.

Completely agree about Rangel. As I've said elsewhere, if finances allow I'd be looking to extend his five month deal until the end of the season.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Just back … on 15:19 - Sep 20 with 1023 viewsfrancisbowles

Just back … on 13:25 - Sep 20 by loneranger1

Really enjoyed first half last night, and a very satisfying result.
Cameron key, as Pinner says.
Wells and Eze in particular both great to watch.
Tactically I thought we got it spot-on from kick-off, and Cameron was key to that.
We knew we'd have to ride our luck 2nd half but I didn't like the subs we made as I felt by the end of the game, we had no outlet - every time we cleared it, it seemed we were just inviting Millwall onto us... I know there's an argument for having Smith on the pitch for defensive headers but the ball just didn't stick to him or Hemed and the only chance I cam remember from either was the free kick (unlucky, nice hit)
I just feel giving Bright or Wszolek the last 10 minutes instead of Smith or Hemed would have given Millwall something else to think about.
Don't want to complain too much, very happy with the result - just think it could have been very hairy if that header which hit the bar had gone in.
COYRs!!!

Yes I would personally like to have seen BOS come on to stretch them at the back but watching the match, I called the subs as it seems to be the McClaren way and I am happy with that as it has worked.

It does raise the heart rate a bit though as we have always been poor at holding a lead. Maybe we have turned a corner.
Just back … on 16:08 - Sep 20 with 977 viewskensalriser

Credit to pp for being the first person I've seen to give some credit to McClaren. Identified weaknesses, addressed them and hugely improved performances resulting in ten points in four games. If he was getting pelters for the calamitous start he should be getting credit for turning it around.

I'm sorry that players like Smyth and so on aren't getting game time, but now it looks like the ship has been steadied that will come.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024