Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forest Thread 23:18 - Oct 31 with 26233 viewsMistication92

Really looking forward to this now, surely, *surely* this has to be the year to finally win there?
Forest Thread on 16:56 - Nov 4 with 3005 viewsjoolsyp

Very disappointing but Ollie has to get them to re-group and we go again against Villa in two weeks. Two silly defensive errors cost us in the first half then we got hit on the break in the second as we looked to get back in the game. I'm still looking down the table rather than up but we need to keep fighting and safety/stability are still the number one priorities for this season IMO.
Forest Thread on 17:08 - Nov 4 with 2845 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Forest Thread on 16:31 - Nov 4 by RangersDave

Mackie isn't just who you need in your team to make 10 men on the field, he's past his sell by date by a large margin and is more moss than hit.

We cannot afford him to be a makeweight.

REASONS WE SHOULDN'T BLAME MACKIE:

- We'd be three points worse off this season without his goals (1-1 v Sheffield Wednesday and 2-1 v Ipswich)

- He's scored three and the top scorers have four. Hardly holding a prolific goalscorer back from scoring a bucket load

- We'd be in League 1 if he'd not scored v Reading last season

- We only have four strikers and we're not going to be buying a £8m striker anytime soon.

Wasn't there, so can't comment on today but i'm presuming no one really covered themselves in glory. Would we have scored four or five if he'd not played? Not sure but I doubt it.
Forest Thread on 17:18 - Nov 4 with 2740 viewsjohncharles

Pretty stupid blaming Mackie but then we lost a game of football and someone must be to blame.
Why not Sylla ? He's our main striker who started the game.
Jamie is 100%

Strong and stable my arse.

Forest Thread on 17:20 - Nov 4 with 2734 viewsVancouverHoop

True. That was as comprehensive an anal hammering – with no lubrication – as we've experienced in some time. On the day their strengths fit our weaknesses perfectly. No single player was to blame, it was a team massacre.
Forest Thread on 17:23 - Nov 4 with 2716 viewsJAPRANGERS

What can you say?? It’s a disgraceful result
Forest Thread on 17:27 - Nov 4 with 2682 viewsjohncharles

Forest Thread on 17:08 - Nov 4 by BazzaInTheLoft

REASONS WE SHOULDN'T BLAME MACKIE:

- We'd be three points worse off this season without his goals (1-1 v Sheffield Wednesday and 2-1 v Ipswich)

- He's scored three and the top scorers have four. Hardly holding a prolific goalscorer back from scoring a bucket load

- We'd be in League 1 if he'd not scored v Reading last season

- We only have four strikers and we're not going to be buying a £8m striker anytime soon.

Wasn't there, so can't comment on today but i'm presuming no one really covered themselves in glory. Would we have scored four or five if he'd not played? Not sure but I doubt it.

THAT game at the Etihad wouldn't be a legend without Jamie's goal

Forest Thread on 17:27 - Nov 4 with 2677 viewsJigsore

the curse is real

every team gets hammered a few times a season. I'll just forget it ever happened and move on, hopefully the team does as well

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Forest Thread on 17:31 - Nov 4 with 2640 viewsMistication92

Should say that the only reason I mentioned Mackie was because he had the only notable chance I can think of. 1800 to watch that s***, we all need to learn. Always next year!
Login to get fewer ads

Forest Thread on 17:45 - Nov 4 with 2556 viewstraininvain

Forest Thread on 17:18 - Nov 4 by johncharles

Pretty stupid blaming Mackie but then we lost a game of football and someone must be to blame.
Why not Sylla ? He's our main striker who started the game.
Jamie is 100%

Sylla had 3 goals in 4 games going into today & he was taking pelters from our fans within 20 mins.

Mackie's been poor for most of the season but he's teflon so far as most our fans are concerned.
Forest Thread on 18:13 - Nov 4 with 2463 viewscorse

The whole team and management can take the blame fot that crxp inept performance. And yes...mackie has offered nothing this season and it was a very stupid thing to give him a one more year. Shouldnt be even on bench if you ask me.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2017 18:19]
Forest Thread on 18:16 - Nov 4 with 2444 viewsTHEBUSH

Hard to take a tonking like that, but that´s it one to forget
Forest Thread on 18:20 - Nov 4 with 2432 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Forest Thread on 18:13 - Nov 4 by corse

The whole team and management can take the blame fot that crxp inept performance. And yes...mackie has offered nothing this season and it was a very stupid thing to give him a one more year. Shouldnt be even on bench if you ask me.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2017 18:19]

If three goals isn't good enough for you we need to fvck them all off because they only have four.
Forest Thread on 18:20 - Nov 4 with 2433 viewsdistortR

Forest Thread on 15:49 - Nov 4 by WokingR

John Terry is definitely getting it now !

given the normal content of your posts, I do wonder what you mean by this
Forest Thread on 18:27 - Nov 4 with 2411 viewscorse

Forest Thread on 18:20 - Nov 4 by BazzaInTheLoft

If three goals isn't good enough for you we need to fvck them all off because they only have four.

Even a headless chicken finds her way home now and them. And mackie isnt anything more than a headless chicken.
Forest Thread on 18:38 - Nov 4 with 2374 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Forest Thread on 18:27 - Nov 4 by corse

Even a headless chicken finds her way home now and them. And mackie isnt anything more than a headless chicken.

Can’t argue with in depth analysis like that.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2017 18:38]
Forest Thread on 18:44 - Nov 4 with 2357 viewscorse

Forest Thread on 18:38 - Nov 4 by BazzaInTheLoft

Can’t argue with in depth analysis like that.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2017 18:38]

I bow to you dear sir and you can blame the 2 bottles of wine of my harsh words. But it barely changes the fact.
Forest Thread on 19:23 - Nov 4 with 2279 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Forest Thread on 18:44 - Nov 4 by corse

I bow to you dear sir and you can blame the 2 bottles of wine of my harsh words. But it barely changes the fact.

Just saying,thinking a well recieved player like Mackie isn’t cutting the mustard is fine but headless chicken is a bit lazy and I think he’s earned more respect than that.

Enjoy your wine mate. I’m on the Czech beers myself.
Forest Thread on 19:26 - Nov 4 with 2272 viewsjohncharles

Forest Thread on 15:00 - Nov 4 by Pommyhoop

Evening all. Managed to stay awake for this one.
No prediction. Bad Ju Ju

However, I am allowed to say COYRs ..

No, you have to say Forest are ........., you fill your own bits ,the site won’t let me say .....and ..etc.
Fart

Forest Thread on 19:27 - Nov 4 with 2271 viewsjohncharles

Forest Thread on 15:00 - Nov 4 by Pommyhoop

Evening all. Managed to stay awake for this one.
No prediction. Bad Ju Ju

However, I am allowed to say COYRs ..

No, you have to say Forest are ........., you fill your own bits ,the site won’t let me say .....and ..etc.
Frat

Forest Thread on 19:31 - Nov 4 with 2257 viewsjohncharles

Forest Thread on 19:27 - Nov 4 by johncharles

Frat

Can’t say ********
Spike Milligan is turning in his grave
[Post edited 4 Nov 2017 19:33]

Forest Thread on 19:32 - Nov 4 with 2251 viewstraininvain

Forest Thread on 19:23 - Nov 4 by BazzaInTheLoft

Just saying,thinking a well recieved player like Mackie isn’t cutting the mustard is fine but headless chicken is a bit lazy and I think he’s earned more respect than that.

Enjoy your wine mate. I’m on the Czech beers myself.

It's a fair point to make re Mackie. We're working with a restrictive budget and don't need any passengers.

The decision to give him a contract felt sentimental at the time and it looks even more baffling now as his legs have clearly gone.

Would much rather have spent that part of our budget on a young hungry player.
Forest Thread on 19:38 - Nov 4 with 2237 viewsjohncharles

Forest Thread on 19:32 - Nov 4 by traininvain

It's a fair point to make re Mackie. We're working with a restrictive budget and don't need any passengers.

The decision to give him a contract felt sentimental at the time and it looks even more baffling now as his legs have clearly gone.

Would much rather have spent that part of our budget on a young hungry player.

Which hungry young player was that ?
Someone with more desire for the game than Mackie I suppose.

Forest Thread on 15:16 - Nov 5 with 1774 viewstraininvain

Forest Thread on 19:38 - Nov 4 by johncharles

Which hungry young player was that ?
Someone with more desire for the game than Mackie I suppose.

Someone who can add more value to the team than Mackie which wouldn't be too difficult based upon hhs recent performance.

The point is we have a bloated squad & we're working with a severely limited budget so every new signing, contract extension etc has to be seriously considered. We can't afford to be sentimental.

At this stage I'd rather see Eze given a chance ahead of Mackie.
Forest Thread on 16:12 - Nov 5 with 1745 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Forest Thread on 15:16 - Nov 5 by traininvain

Someone who can add more value to the team than Mackie which wouldn't be too difficult based upon hhs recent performance.

The point is we have a bloated squad & we're working with a severely limited budget so every new signing, contract extension etc has to be seriously considered. We can't afford to be sentimental.

At this stage I'd rather see Eze given a chance ahead of Mackie.

It’s tempting to regard Eze as the great hope, but let’s leave him be until next season. Did Furlong some good.
Forest Thread on 17:09 - Nov 5 with 1712 viewstraininvain

Forest Thread on 16:12 - Nov 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

It’s tempting to regard Eze as the great hope, but let’s leave him be until next season. Did Furlong some good.

Fair point. I'm sure a section of our fans would find some reason to give Eze abuse within a few games. The stick Sylla was taking yesterday after 20 mins was ridiculous and completely unwarranted given his recent performances and goalscoring record.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024