Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
After 44 years 20:14 - Aug 22 with 7664 viewssmegma

I'm witnessing our worse back 4 ever.
After 44 years on 07:59 - Aug 23 with 3020 viewskingsburyR

Celtic are looking for a CB or two.

Nobody mention last night!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

After 44 years on 08:25 - Aug 23 with 2993 viewspaulparker

After 44 years on 00:01 - Aug 23 by Hunterhoop

I said it on another thread: Caulker's display was one of, if not, 'the' worst performances I've ever seen at centre half at pro or semi pro level.

Daveb, you can talk about lack of protection from the midfield all night long - and I agree we were poor in central midfield - but that back 4 (and it was a back 4) were utterly shambolic. And Caulker was by far the main culprit. Routine channel balls carved us open. Long balls caused panic. Even passing across the back line was asking for trouble...and several times gifted them possession in dangerous areas.

Caulker barely got touch tight once all game. He lost challenges he was 70:30 to win. He looked Bob Malcolm pace at times. The first and third goals were atrocious. First one was his ball to come across and clear in to the Ellerslie all day long, he somehow went over the ball and missed the man, and they're in behind. The third, his man simply peels off him (when he sees the ball drop to an unmarked colleague in midfield collect the ball); Caulker like a statue doesn't react until he's racing in behind. First rule of defending: no pressure on the ball, follow your man. He never gets with 4 yards of him. A simple ball over the top....easy 1-1. And they were just the goals. He was so far off his man every time, he may as well have defended from behind the goal.

I know he has lots of troubles, I know the midfield was poor, I know Baptiste was poor. I know Robinson was caught out of position too high too often. I know Furlong made several rickets.... but Jesus Christ! Caulker was totally and utterly inept. In any other profession it would have been classed as gross misconduct.

I normally defend the defenders...but not today. He isn't close to being match sharp...for a amateur friendly outfit, let alone a first team game for a Championship.

If Perch and Lynch are still out on Sunday, and we go back to a back 3 (which we should for consistency and because it's worked so far), Lord knows who plays with Ned. Barry the Baptiste and ??? Frankly, I'd rather Curtis Fleming than Caulker after today.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2017 0:09]

This 100% and some

We have all laughed at Zesh rahemn, Gus Ceaser, Anton Ferdinand , Bob Malcolm in threads down the years but last night was the worst centre back performance I have ever seen from any player at any level, Caulker should have been sacked at half time in the dressing room ala john sitton , utter, utter sh1te
can we have no more of this born again crap about him , 40k large a week he is creaming and if you were one of the fools like me who sat there and witnessed it you will know that he should never ever wear our shirt ever again , he isn't fit for sunday league football an utter waste of a place we would have been better off playing one of the youth players

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

After 44 years on 09:33 - Aug 23 with 2922 viewsessextaxiboy

After 44 years on 22:53 - Aug 22 by themodfather

caulker was crap...baptiste as bad.....
don't forget we have had gus caesar, bob malcolm and edghill in teams and bosingwa!!
we missed big chances to get a 2nd and into back into the game...this was a mess

Arthur Gnohere ........
After 44 years on 09:47 - Aug 23 with 2905 viewsfrancisbowles

After 44 years on 23:44 - Aug 22 by BromleyHoop

It was beyond chaotic between the 10th and 30th minute and not too much better after that but to be honest, with the amount of changes and a completely new and untried back four who all lacked match fitness and one whose confidence is as fragile as they come, I didn't really expect any different and as a result I'm also not that bothered by it. That back four will probably never ever play with each other again.

What I didn't like was that Baptiste continually played the ball to Caulker to be the one to punt it upfield. However almost every time Baptiste passed to him it was almost always an unnecessary pass that put Caulker under pressure because he didn't have much time to play the ball. Baptiste didn't protect Caulker at all. Not a captains performance or one from an experienced pro.

Baptiste was in turn repeatedly left exposed by Robinson. Furlong wasn't great. The whole defence got no protection from Borysiuk at all. Defensively it was a clusterfeck.

Between our goal and their 4th I really enjoyed the game.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2017 23:56]

Very good summary, Bromley.

Baptiste seems to be very very nervous of possession for most of the game and yet later on he takes responsibility an brings the ball forward and attempts to pass. It happened on Saturday and again here. Sure he is limited technically but if there is no pressure on the ball then bring it out don't just pointlessly give it back to the other cb.
After 44 years on 09:50 - Aug 23 with 2899 viewsNortholt_Rs

After 44 years on 08:25 - Aug 23 by paulparker

This 100% and some

We have all laughed at Zesh rahemn, Gus Ceaser, Anton Ferdinand , Bob Malcolm in threads down the years but last night was the worst centre back performance I have ever seen from any player at any level, Caulker should have been sacked at half time in the dressing room ala john sitton , utter, utter sh1te
can we have no more of this born again crap about him , 40k large a week he is creaming and if you were one of the fools like me who sat there and witnessed it you will know that he should never ever wear our shirt ever again , he isn't fit for sunday league football an utter waste of a place we would have been better off playing one of the youth players

....or just start with ten on the pitch. I've never seen this useless c u n t ever have a good game for us. Last night was a new low for me - watching their lot crowing OLÉ at our gaff.....f u c k. It was grim. Holloway's post match comments must've been said to wind up the 7,500 Rs who turned up for the game... A f u c k I n g disgrace. Simple as that.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

After 44 years on 09:58 - Aug 23 with 2886 viewsenfieldargh

After 44 years on 00:01 - Aug 23 by Hunterhoop

I said it on another thread: Caulker's display was one of, if not, 'the' worst performances I've ever seen at centre half at pro or semi pro level.

Daveb, you can talk about lack of protection from the midfield all night long - and I agree we were poor in central midfield - but that back 4 (and it was a back 4) were utterly shambolic. And Caulker was by far the main culprit. Routine channel balls carved us open. Long balls caused panic. Even passing across the back line was asking for trouble...and several times gifted them possession in dangerous areas.

Caulker barely got touch tight once all game. He lost challenges he was 70:30 to win. He looked Bob Malcolm pace at times. The first and third goals were atrocious. First one was his ball to come across and clear in to the Ellerslie all day long, he somehow went over the ball and missed the man, and they're in behind. The third, his man simply peels off him (when he sees the ball drop to an unmarked colleague in midfield collect the ball); Caulker like a statue doesn't react until he's racing in behind. First rule of defending: no pressure on the ball, follow your man. He never gets with 4 yards of him. A simple ball over the top....easy 1-1. And they were just the goals. He was so far off his man every time, he may as well have defended from behind the goal.

I know he has lots of troubles, I know the midfield was poor, I know Baptiste was poor. I know Robinson was caught out of position too high too often. I know Furlong made several rickets.... but Jesus Christ! Caulker was totally and utterly inept. In any other profession it would have been classed as gross misconduct.

I normally defend the defenders...but not today. He isn't close to being match sharp...for a amateur friendly outfit, let alone a first team game for a Championship.

If Perch and Lynch are still out on Sunday, and we go back to a back 3 (which we should for consistency and because it's worked so far), Lord knows who plays with Ned. Barry the Baptiste and ??? Frankly, I'd rather Curtis Fleming than Caulker after today.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2017 0:09]

Your obviously forgetting

Vic Mobely
Ernie Howe
Gary Chivers
Gus Ceasar
Karl Ready
Zesh Reehman

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

After 44 years on 10:08 - Aug 23 with 2869 viewspaulparker

After 44 years on 09:58 - Aug 23 by enfieldargh

Your obviously forgetting

Vic Mobely
Ernie Howe
Gary Chivers
Gus Ceasar
Karl Ready
Zesh Reehman

no im not forgetting those players, but they were limited players from the off and they wasn't international player s (yeah I know) and they were not creaming upwards of 40k a week either from the club

last nights performance from him was the worst ive seen in 33 years of going to QPR , he was embarrassing how olly has the nerve to call him a plus is beyond me
I never want to see him put our shirt on again , he has treated this club with disdain for 3 years now, a real p1ss taker , as I said earlier he should have been sacked at half time and told to get the tube home

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

After 44 years on 10:23 - Aug 23 with 2851 viewsdaveB

Caulker was awful no doubt but he really wasn’t helped by his team mates. Brentford had quick forwards who were looking to get in behind us on the break, same as they did last season but our full backs were pushed up so high the two centre halves were left having to play a high line with acres of space out wide so a simple knock and run was putting them though. The central midfield players were neither cutting out the space in front of them or getting forward so it was a shambles really.

Caulker looks like the scapegoat here and as I say he was poor but the way the team was set up he had no chance,
Login to get fewer ads

After 44 years on 11:30 - Aug 23 with 2771 viewsoldmisery

After 44 years on 10:23 - Aug 23 by daveB

Caulker was awful no doubt but he really wasn’t helped by his team mates. Brentford had quick forwards who were looking to get in behind us on the break, same as they did last season but our full backs were pushed up so high the two centre halves were left having to play a high line with acres of space out wide so a simple knock and run was putting them though. The central midfield players were neither cutting out the space in front of them or getting forward so it was a shambles really.

Caulker looks like the scapegoat here and as I say he was poor but the way the team was set up he had no chance,

Yes, Caulker was abysmal and I've seen some diabolical defending over the past 58 years but if you gave his performance a score of say 3/100, Baptiste (Santos on a very, very bad day) would only rate about 5/100 last night and he is presumably teetotal in comparison. And yes, the situation was compounded by the pitiful performance of the goalkeeper (5/100) and our midfield 'protectors', Manning (6/100 and Borysiuk (7/100) but can you imagine former Centre Backs such as Alan McDonald or Dan Shittu being so hopelessly exposed and capitulating in the same manner?

I concur with your view that our shape and set up made the situation far worse but cannot understand why, after the first or at worst after the second goal; Holloway and the more senior players didn't think to make the obvious adjustments. Indeed, if Brentford had scored five before half time it wouldn't have been an injustice - fortunately we played a tad better in the second half - but I actually thought that the opposition were, at best, average themselves.

I also agree with many other posters who believe that several years of abuse have contributed to Caulker's performance last night and I personally can't see any way back for him; if he has been suffering from depression before last night's abject display I can't imagine what his head space is like this morning.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024