Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer 02:03 - Aug 16 with 7812 viewsLoyal

I've had more than a few conversations with people who know a few things about high end transfers, especially in the premier league.

In relation to Gylfi here's a summary -

A

1. The fee has always been agreed. It's 45M. The 50M is answered below.
2. Gylfi always wanted to leave and increase his salary massively.
3. The medical, regardless of what happens in a minor medical today has been completed maybe two weeks ago.

The real issue.

B

1. Was never the transfer fee, it was always how it would be paid.
2. Everton wanted to pay 25m with add ons based on appearances, goals and success of the team.
3. Swansea wanted 33m with a contractual buy out ( Gylfi is paid nothing by the swans ) then a further 12 million in 3 payments ending in May 2018. Today's loan news with Barclays is a clue.
4. Any bonus, signing on fee and agents fee is paid on top of the agreed transfer fee, believed to be 5M give or take.

So B has always been the problem.
The negotiations were never about the amount, it was always about how it is split.

Point 1 has been resolved.
Point 2 is removed.
Point 3 is agreed.
Point 4 is paid on agreement post transfer by Everton.

Swansea get 45 million in total with no other outlay. Swans pay Gylfi and his agent nothing as do Everton. The exception being Everton resolve agents fees and signing on fees with the player and his agent.

Swansea bank 33M up front and the excess being 12M is spent on a player in the next ten days. 12M may well be the loan secured from Barclays.

That I am told is the deal Huw wanted, and may well be the deal he got.

[Post edited 16 Aug 2017 2:07]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 12:14 - Aug 16 with 1810 viewsLoyal

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 12:12 - Aug 16 by oldcob

Brilliant post Loyal. Amongst the best I've ever read on here. Ever.

Friends again x

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 12:16 - Aug 16 with 1805 viewsawayjack

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 12:06 - Aug 16 by Loyal

That part was my assumption and that of one other. The semantics of it I have no idea, the transfer was the point of the post and the way it more than likely played out. People can choose to take it or leave it, but I think it explains the less than expeditious way it all went.

Lisa do you remember if we've ever charged debt against future transfer fees or sky money? I can't find article but seem to remember media coverage on how we borrowed against I think future fees for Ash / Ayew to support £20m of debt facility?
Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 13:19 - Aug 16 with 1715 viewsdobjack2

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 07:20 - Aug 16 by EasternJack

Here's another way at looking at it:

We received a bid of £40M from Everton around the 13th of July. Just over a month ago. Big assumption here, but if that didn't have add-one, then we've spent the last 5 weeks negotiating for that extra £5M

Considering that Everton were back on the 24th with that verbal cash offer of £45 that they backed down from. And assuming that Loyals numbers are right, then HJ has basically told Everton to meet the £45M cash number or do one. I've got some respect for that considering past deals.

Question is - was that extra £5M (and improved reputation building) worth waiting 5 weeks for? . I guess our upcoming deals and immediate results will answer that

that's the problem it really is unlikely that the true story will be acknowledged by either club in an official capacity so all we are left with are assumptions:guesses.

Time to move onto the who the feck are we going to buy; why did we get him/why couldn't we get someone better/anyone threads.
Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 15:55 - Aug 16 with 1574 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 07:20 - Aug 16 by EasternJack

Here's another way at looking at it:

We received a bid of £40M from Everton around the 13th of July. Just over a month ago. Big assumption here, but if that didn't have add-one, then we've spent the last 5 weeks negotiating for that extra £5M

Considering that Everton were back on the 24th with that verbal cash offer of £45 that they backed down from. And assuming that Loyals numbers are right, then HJ has basically told Everton to meet the £45M cash number or do one. I've got some respect for that considering past deals.

Question is - was that extra £5M (and improved reputation building) worth waiting 5 weeks for? . I guess our upcoming deals and immediate results will answer that

It's a lot more than just the 5M. If Loyal's numbers are accurate, only 25M was guaranteed under Everton's proposal.

What if Sigurdsson is a complete flop at Everton, like he was at Spurs and Bony at Man City? What if he gets injured in his first game like Andre Ayew at West Ham? We'd be stuck with only 25M for our most valuable asset.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 15:59 - Aug 16 with 1566 viewsSwans777

This thread is nothing more than a fairytale.
Wishful thinking at best.
Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 16:53 - Aug 16 with 1478 viewsPrivate_Partz

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 15:55 - Aug 16 by Tummer_from_Texas

It's a lot more than just the 5M. If Loyal's numbers are accurate, only 25M was guaranteed under Everton's proposal.

What if Sigurdsson is a complete flop at Everton, like he was at Spurs and Bony at Man City? What if he gets injured in his first game like Andre Ayew at West Ham? We'd be stuck with only 25M for our most valuable asset.

Surely, when the deal goes through, they have to guarantee they will pay the full vlaue for Siggy regardless of how many instalments it is paid in? What a crock of sh!Te that is for our prized asset otherwise.
At least Jenkins would have another excuse to spout. 'We can only spend a small portion of the fee as we do not have the funds yet. Unfortunately it was not enough to bring in the players we wanted. I am satisfied and with the squad however' etc etc.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 17:35 - Aug 16 with 1420 viewsSwans777

Loyal, are you seriously telling us that Everton and Everton's insurers are going to accept the results of a medical 2 weeks ago ?

What if Siggy has injured himself during those 2 weeks, while training with Swansea.
Complete fiction, old chap.
Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 18:15 - Aug 16 with 1373 viewsOldjack

Don't spurs take 10% of this deal ?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Login to get fewer ads

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 18:30 - Aug 16 with 1341 viewsWarwickHunt

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 18:15 - Aug 16 by Oldjack

Don't spurs take 10% of this deal ?

Oh FFS, not again...
Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 19:27 - Aug 16 with 1257 viewslondonlisa2001

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 12:16 - Aug 16 by awayjack

Lisa do you remember if we've ever charged debt against future transfer fees or sky money? I can't find article but seem to remember media coverage on how we borrowed against I think future fees for Ash / Ayew to support £20m of debt facility?

We've used a drawdown facility secured against the Sky money for a few seasons I think. Not sure if every season since we've been promoted, but certainly a few times.

Not sure on Williams, but we sold the future instalments due from West Ham for Ayew to Santander in January which isn't debt as such, it's invoice discounting, (or debt factoring if you prefer).

It's very common, and we use it to smooth out our cash flow as the Sky money is only received in two or three chunks. The payment by the way in August 2018 is for this season, not next (a few people have been concerned about that), although I think, from memory, they've changed the date of that payment to July now rather than August as the premier league clubs complained it wasn't available for the transfer window. That change is why we had 'debt' in the accounts as at July 2015, and didn't for July 2016. Not sure whether it was a permanent change or a one off.

Anyway, there is nothing (from what's been filed on companies house at least), to get our knickers in a twist about.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2017 19:35]
Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 21:01 - Aug 16 with 1187 viewsLoyal

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 15:59 - Aug 16 by Swans777

This thread is nothing more than a fairytale.
Wishful thinking at best.

It's open to debate amongst fellow swans fans, if wish to argue and be a tw@t then may I suggest you fck off on to another thread.

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 21:04 - Aug 16 with 1184 viewsLoyal

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 17:35 - Aug 16 by Swans777

Loyal, are you seriously telling us that Everton and Everton's insurers are going to accept the results of a medical 2 weeks ago ?

What if Siggy has injured himself during those 2 weeks, while training with Swansea.

I'm not saying anything, read the op and offer some sensible dialogue or close your mouth, it's boring already. You've only been back for four days and you are becoming a prick again.
Be nice, debate or do one.

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 21:07 - Aug 16 with 1170 viewsGowerjack

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 21:04 - Aug 16 by Loyal

I'm not saying anything, read the op and offer some sensible dialogue or close your mouth, it's boring already. You've only been back for four days and you are becoming a prick again.

He's not becoming a prick.....

Just saying.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 21:13 - Aug 16 with 1154 viewsEasternJack

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 17:35 - Aug 16 by Swans777

Moot point. Medical (re)done and he's away.

The main discussion point is the structure of the deal. Tremendous business if true. We'll find out at some point.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 21:15 - Aug 16 with 1147 viewsCooperman

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 19:27 - Aug 16 by londonlisa2001

We've used a drawdown facility secured against the Sky money for a few seasons I think. Not sure if every season since we've been promoted, but certainly a few times.

Not sure on Williams, but we sold the future instalments due from West Ham for Ayew to Santander in January which isn't debt as such, it's invoice discounting, (or debt factoring if you prefer).

It's very common, and we use it to smooth out our cash flow as the Sky money is only received in two or three chunks. The payment by the way in August 2018 is for this season, not next (a few people have been concerned about that), although I think, from memory, they've changed the date of that payment to July now rather than August as the premier league clubs complained it wasn't available for the transfer window. That change is why we had 'debt' in the accounts as at July 2015, and didn't for July 2016. Not sure whether it was a permanent change or a one off.

Anyway, there is nothing (from what's been filed on companies house at least), to get our knickers in a twist about.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2017 19:35]

I believe it is a permanent change for the very reason that you quote. It was a precondition of the new TV deal; the clubs still have some say.

Cash is king as always. Lots of profitable organisations have gone to the wall due to running out of cash.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 21:20 - Aug 16 with 1140 viewslondonlisa2001

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 21:15 - Aug 16 by Cooperman

I believe it is a permanent change for the very reason that you quote. It was a precondition of the new TV deal; the clubs still have some say.

Cash is king as always. Lots of profitable organisations have gone to the wall due to running out of cash.

Absolutely.
Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 21:25 - Aug 16 with 1115 viewsSwans777

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 21:04 - Aug 16 by Loyal

So what is the point of the thread. Not one fact.
Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 22:08 - Aug 16 with 1016 viewsLoyal

Let's try to understand the reality of this transfer on 21:25 - Aug 16 by Swans777

So what is the point of the thread. Not one fact.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024