Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vince Cable nails it. 10:11 - Aug 6 with 5526 viewsexiledclaseboy

"The old have comprehensively shafted the young. And the old have had the last word about Brexit, imposing a world view coloured by nostalgia for an imperial past on a younger generation much more comfortable with modern Europe,”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-4764742/Lib-Dem-leader-SIR-VINCE-CABLE

Poll: Tory leader

Vince Cable nails it. on 14:28 - Aug 6 with 1729 viewsMeraki

Vince Cable nails it. on 14:08 - Aug 6 by Yossarian

Uhhm, he's a fully paid up member of the political establishment, the leader of a political party in terminal decline and an elected MP with no conception of his own mortality- the need for winning voters is their central motivation- keep up or ask if your parents can afford private tuition.

Wow, no need for the insults is there?
Vince Cable nails it. on 14:29 - Aug 6 with 1728 viewsMeraki

Vince Cable nails it. on 14:08 - Aug 6 by Yossarian

Uhhm, he's a fully paid up member of the political establishment, the leader of a political party in terminal decline and an elected MP with no conception of his own mortality- the need for winning voters is their central motivation- keep up or ask if your parents can afford private tuition.

I didn't realise there was an election thats all.
Vince Cable nails it. on 15:15 - Aug 6 with 1696 viewsSwans777

Vince Cable nails it. on 11:14 - Aug 6 by exiledclaseboy

Now nobody has suggested that have they my friend? I would though have extended the franchise to 16/17 year olds for the referendum seeing as it's that generation that will mostly reap the fallout of leaving the EU whether that fallout turns out to be positive or negative.

Oh , my friend, my friend.
What life experiences do 16 & 17 year olds have ?.
With respect, that's a ridiculous idea.
Vince Cable nails it. on 15:17 - Aug 6 with 1694 viewsexiledclaseboy

Vince Cable nails it. on 15:15 - Aug 6 by Swans777

Oh , my friend, my friend.
What life experiences do 16 & 17 year olds have ?.
With respect, that's a ridiculous idea.

With respect, I disagree.

Vince Cable nails it. on 15:29 - Aug 6 with 1685 viewsHighjack

Vince Cable nails it. on 11:14 - Aug 6 by exiledclaseboy

Now nobody has suggested that have they my friend? I would though have extended the franchise to 16/17 year olds for the referendum seeing as it's that generation that will mostly reap the fallout of leaving the EU whether that fallout turns out to be positive or negative.

Well 3 and 4 year olds will have to live even longer with the result of the vote so they should get a vote too. And also foetuses. What about the hundreds of billions of sperm that are swimming around in people's testicles dreading the day they are unleashed into a world where the uk is no longer in a political union with Luxembourg.

Will nobody think of the sperms?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Vince Cable nails it. on 15:31 - Aug 6 with 1683 viewsexiledclaseboy

Vince Cable nails it. on 15:29 - Aug 6 by Highjack

Well 3 and 4 year olds will have to live even longer with the result of the vote so they should get a vote too. And also foetuses. What about the hundreds of billions of sperm that are swimming around in people's testicles dreading the day they are unleashed into a world where the uk is no longer in a political union with Luxembourg.

Hilarious

Vince Cable nails it. on 15:32 - Aug 6 with 1675 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

17 year olds should be allowed to vote, have you seen some of the adults allowed to vote out there ..

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Vince Cable nails it. on 15:33 - Aug 6 with 1672 viewsSwans777

Vince Cable nails it. on 15:29 - Aug 6 by Highjack

Post of the day, my friend.
Didn't somebody once say , "youth is wasted on the young"
Login to get fewer ads

Vince Cable nails it. on 15:36 - Aug 6 with 1665 viewsSwans777

Vince Cable nails it. on 11:33 - Aug 6 by Joe_bradshaw

Time for Vince to step aside for a younger leader then.

Oh, hang on...

Maybe for a 16 or 17 year old.
Vince Cable nails it. on 15:37 - Aug 6 with 1665 viewsHighjack

Vince Cable nails it. on 15:31 - Aug 6 by exiledclaseboy

Hilarious

Thank you, but I must concede your vince cable article was much funnier.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Vince Cable nails it. on 09:27 - Aug 7 with 1604 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I wonder if Cable actually looked at the voting demographics?

18-24 25% leave
25-49 44% leave
50-64 56% leave
65+ 61% Leave

Hardly fits the theory that the old shafted the young when even the over 25s was 44% to leave. It could be argued with age comes wisdom and knowledge. If all they 18-24 voted leave instead of remain the remainers would have won. Funny old thing democracy.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Vince Cable nails it. on 09:38 - Aug 7 with 1589 viewsAnotherJohn

Vince Cable nails it. on 09:27 - Aug 7 by felixstowe_jack

I wonder if Cable actually looked at the voting demographics?

18-24 25% leave
25-49 44% leave
50-64 56% leave
65+ 61% Leave

Hardly fits the theory that the old shafted the young when even the over 25s was 44% to leave. It could be argued with age comes wisdom and knowledge. If all they 18-24 voted leave instead of remain the remainers would have won. Funny old thing democracy.

The other thing to look at is the 'population pyramid'. Vince makes it seem that the young are outnumbered by the old. Sadly the pyramid narrows at the top as us older people die off. The UK's population is growing quite fast, but because this is largely due to immigration the bulge is towards the middle of the age range rather than the youngest age bands, It is obvious that people right across the age range voted leave.

http://www.indexmundi.com/united_kingdom/age_structure.html
Vince Cable nails it. on 09:42 - Aug 7 with 1581 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Turnout by age group it seems barely a third of the youngsters could be bothered to express their choice by voting.

18-24: 36%
25-34: 58%
35-44: 72%
45-54: 75%
55-64: 81%
65+: 83%
[Post edited 7 Aug 2017 9:52]

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Vince Cable nails it. on 09:47 - Aug 7 with 1575 viewslancasterswan

Vince Cable nails it. on 12:22 - Aug 6 by johnlangy

This rag called those High Court judges traitors when they had the temerity to side with that lady (can't remember her name) who argued in court against hard brexit or whatever the case was that she brought. They even, almost, stated where they lived in the hope, i'd imagine, that someone may 'confront' them.

It's a disgusting paper.

Correct...
Vince Cable nails it. on 09:56 - Aug 7 with 1569 viewswestwalesed

Vince Cable nails it. on 12:21 - Aug 6 by Dr_Winston

Can't be that many voters still knocking around who remember the "imperial past", never mind get nostalgic for it.

As a leave voter who during the referendum spoke to other leave voters old and young, not once was a yearning for the days of Empire mentioned.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Vince Cable nails it. on 18:53 - Aug 7 with 1493 viewsbluenile

Utter tripe!!

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Vince Cable nails it. on 19:05 - Aug 7 with 1484 viewsHighjack

Vince Cable nails it. on 18:53 - Aug 7 by bluenile

Utter tripe!!

That's not fair on tripe.

Vince Cable nails it. on 19:41 - Aug 7 with 1468 viewsplasjack

Little Englanders and little Wales have ruined the prospects of our young people.
Vince Cable nails it. on 19:49 - Aug 7 with 1460 viewsYossarian

Vince Cable nails it. on 19:41 - Aug 7 by plasjack

Little Englanders and little Wales have ruined the prospects of our young people.

Don't let facts get in the way of your prejudices.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Vince Cable nails it. on 20:18 - Aug 7 with 1451 viewsFlashberryjack

Vince Cable nails it. on 19:41 - Aug 7 by plasjack

And small mindedness ruins all.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024