Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Draw 18:45 - Dec 5 with 20700 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Only a few minutes off, but we will have to endure all usual BBC crap sucking up to Stevie G and Ian Right Right Wright before the proper stuff.

Far too much farting around, just get on with it.

HOME draw please.
The Draw on 20:36 - Dec 5 with 2254 viewsLaveritty

The Draw on 20:09 - Dec 5 by olympicdale

Id rather have a winnable game with a chance of getting through, than a "glamour" tie (like Odham ;) )and probably go out, all those whiners who wanted a big tie will undoubtedly feel let down. You want to get as far as you can, this gives us a great chance to get to round 4, and I'm happy with that.

Like in the league cup a few years ago when, after beating Premier League QPR (reserves) away, we got drawn away to lower league Aldershot. The general feeling at the time was 'oh well, get through this winnable tie and we might then get the reward of a big team in the next round?' Didn't happen then and might not happen this time. Seem to think they got Man U at home in the next round! Perfect example of sod's law that!

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

The Draw on 20:36 - Dec 5 with 2252 viewsD_Alien

The Draw on 20:29 - Dec 5 by BigDaveMyCock

Oh god, don't be nice to me it makes me feel uncomfortable.

Ahem....gulp.....thank you.

It's the time of year for having a lump in your throat

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The Draw on 20:37 - Dec 5 with 2245 viewsolympicdale

The Draw on 20:12 - Dec 5 by fitzochris

Whiners? I see plenty of people being cautious about taking this tie for granted, which is wise. Do you remember the Maidstone game at their place?

Cup form.

People wanting a big tie away, yeah might make some money for the club, but there is little to no chance of progression, if you wanna watch Man U an the likes go queue up at Old Trafford. The further you go the more money you make, 3rd round too soon to draw a biggie. Happy with this tie, great chance of tv money and progression to round 4, which can only elivate the stature of the club.

Life is a game of fate.

The Draw on 20:42 - Dec 5 with 2200 viewsolympicdale

The Draw on 20:33 - Dec 5 by AtThePeake

"Don't understand why any Dale fan thinks this" would be my reply to 90% of OD's posts tbf.

Life is a game of fate.

The Draw on 20:42 - Dec 5 with 2200 viewsDaley_Lama

Nobody has said they would prefer this over, for example only, Man U away.

It could however have been a lot worse. Same applies from a Barrow perspective i guess.

For fun, myself and jnr did a 50/50 split of the 63 teams that we could get before the draw was made, picking 32 'good' and 31 'bad' teams to get.

We agreed on 20 'good' draws, obvious ones such as Man U, but also Barrow.

For both of us therefore, there are at least half of the teams left that we were less happy to draw so overall, it's not a bad draw. Not the best but certainly not the worst.

126/1 to get either Man U or Liverpool away in the 3rd round. Given that we are not there that often, our strike rate aint bad.

Poll: DF in or out

The Draw on 20:44 - Dec 5 with 2165 viewsdingdangblue

The Draw on 20:31 - Dec 5 by funkkk

Don't understand why any Dale fan would rather play a non-league team away from home than one of the big boys. So we have a supposedly better chance of going a round further before getting knocked out? Big deal! People still talk about our game at Anfield 20 years ago, nobody talks about us managing a draw away at Aldershot a few years back...

In 30 years of supporting Dale for me, we've drawn Liverpool and Man Utd. Over that long a period that is a shocking return in the 'luck of the draw'.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

The Draw on 20:47 - Dec 5 with 2140 viewsBigDaveMyCock

The Draw on 20:31 - Dec 5 by funkkk

Don't understand why any Dale fan would rather play a non-league team away from home than one of the big boys. So we have a supposedly better chance of going a round further before getting knocked out? Big deal! People still talk about our game at Anfield 20 years ago, nobody talks about us managing a draw away at Aldershot a few years back...

Yeah but it's not worth getting worked up or miserable about it is it? I think we'd have all loved United or City but we didn't so let's make the best out of it. Glass half full mate.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2016 20:48]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

The Draw on 20:48 - Dec 5 with 2122 viewsfitzochris

The Draw on 20:37 - Dec 5 by olympicdale

People wanting a big tie away, yeah might make some money for the club, but there is little to no chance of progression, if you wanna watch Man U an the likes go queue up at Old Trafford. The further you go the more money you make, 3rd round too soon to draw a biggie. Happy with this tie, great chance of tv money and progression to round 4, which can only elivate the stature of the club.

Leeds United, January 2014. We won that one. We beat Coventry and Preston when they were better than they are these days and we were worse. Bradford beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in the FA Cup and made a League Cup final. Barrow have just as good a chance of beating us in a one off game.

Nothing should be taken for granted.

I want to watch Man U play Rochdale and I would go to Old Trafford to watch it. Too right, I would. I want to see Dale play against any 'top' Premier League club. We have two avenues for this to happen per season, so damn right people hope for it when the opportunity arises.

Not sure why you've replied to me twice. With different answers.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

The Draw on 20:49 - Dec 5 with 2112 viewsBigKindo

In the 3rd. round if you get a televised live match and which as a result of a draw the replay is also televised live along with the winners prize money it is worth £ 283,500 to the victors. Then you have pie sales etc.
The Draw on 20:51 - Dec 5 with 2083 viewsYorkshire_Dale

The Draw on 20:44 - Dec 5 by dingdangblue

In 30 years of supporting Dale for me, we've drawn Liverpool and Man Utd. Over that long a period that is a shocking return in the 'luck of the draw'.

See yer man is playing tonight in the Chickentrade Cup........how's he fairing?
The Draw on 20:52 - Dec 5 with 2073 viewsTVOS1907

The Draw on 20:36 - Dec 5 by D_Alien

It's the time of year for having a lump in your throat

Are you referring to roccy's living arrangements?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

The Draw on 20:53 - Dec 5 with 2070 viewsClivert

The Draw on 20:37 - Dec 5 by olympicdale

There's zero chance of it being on TV.
The Draw on 20:53 - Dec 5 with 2065 viewsBigKindo

BT Sports at Lincoln have just listed Dale at Barrow as one of the ten select draws.
The Draw on 20:54 - Dec 5 with 2054 viewsD_Alien

The Draw on 20:52 - Dec 5 by TVOS1907

Are you referring to roccy's living arrangements?

What goes on behind closed caravan doors should stay behind closed caravan doors

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The Draw on 20:56 - Dec 5 with 2034 viewsTVOS1907

The Draw on 20:53 - Dec 5 by BigKindo

BT Sports at Lincoln have just listed Dale at Barrow as one of the ten select draws.

Only because it's a non-league team at home to a league team.

The Draw on 20:57 - Dec 5 with 2021 viewsDaley_Lama

The Draw on 20:51 - Dec 5 by Yorkshire_Dale

See yer man is playing tonight in the Chickentrade Cup........how's he fairing?

He has just scored his prnalty in a shoot out.

The Draw on 21:00 - Dec 5 with 2004 viewsolympicdale

The Draw on 20:48 - Dec 5 by fitzochris

Leeds United, January 2014. We won that one. We beat Coventry and Preston when they were better than they are these days and we were worse. Bradford beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in the FA Cup and made a League Cup final. Barrow have just as good a chance of beating us in a one off game.

Nothing should be taken for granted.

I want to watch Man U play Rochdale and I would go to Old Trafford to watch it. Too right, I would. I want to see Dale play against any 'top' Premier League club. We have two avenues for this to happen per season, so damn right people hope for it when the opportunity arises.

Not sure why you've replied to me twice. With different answers.

If we are to get a big club id prefer it at home, giving more chance of tv money. I'd be happy getting the smaller teams and having a better chance of going through to meet a big boy in round 4/5, just my opinion, like.

Life is a game of fate.

The Draw on 21:02 - Dec 5 with 1988 viewsDaley_Lama

The Draw on 20:57 - Dec 5 by Daley_Lama

He has just scored his prnalty in a shoot out.

Wolves beat Sunderland 4-3 in the Checkitout Trophy.

Ronan took Wolves first penalty but found themselves 3-1 down, before a great turnaround to progress.

The Draw on 21:04 - Dec 5 with 1976 viewsolympicdale

The Draw on 20:53 - Dec 5 by BigKindo

Is Dave Bayliss still at Barrow?

Life is a game of fate.

The Draw on 21:05 - Dec 5 with 1958 viewsfitzochris

The Draw on 21:00 - Dec 5 by olympicdale

If we are to get a big club id prefer it at home, giving more chance of tv money. I'd be happy getting the smaller teams and having a better chance of going through to meet a big boy in round 4/5, just my opinion, like.

Yes, it is.

But you also said that if people want to watch Man Utd they should go queue at Old Trafford. You said this in reference to a minority of posters hoping we drew Man United in tonight's draw.

It's my opinion that that opinion is gash.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

The Draw on 21:05 - Dec 5 with 1955 viewsAtThePeake

The Draw on 21:00 - Dec 5 by olympicdale

You're guaranteed more gate money if the game is away though, it's never totally guaranteed that it'll be selected on TV.

Tangled up in blue.

The Draw on 21:06 - Dec 5 with 1949 viewsDorislove

The Draw on 20:44 - Dec 5 by dingdangblue

Over the last 30 years how many times did we make it to the 3rd round ,then at the odds as above 126/1 to get 2 big teams in those 30 years is a good return.TVOS come on how many times in the 3rd round since 86
The Draw on 21:11 - Dec 5 with 1892 viewsolympicdale

The Draw on 21:05 - Dec 5 by fitzochris

Yes, it is.

But you also said that if people want to watch Man Utd they should go queue at Old Trafford. You said this in reference to a minority of posters hoping we drew Man United in tonight's draw.

It's my opinion that that opinion is gash.

Yes, it annoys me because it always feels like the fans wanting those types of games are more interested in Ibra an Pogba etc, then going to watch Dale, im not putting you in that category, it just frustrates me.

Life is a game of fate.

The Draw on 21:12 - Dec 5 with 1883 viewsClivert

The Draw on 21:06 - Dec 5 by Dorislove

Over the last 30 years how many times did we make it to the 3rd round ,then at the odds as above 126/1 to get 2 big teams in those 30 years is a good return.TVOS come on how many times in the 3rd round since 86

I reckon we've had 14 ties in round 3 or further since that Man Utd game in 1986.
The Draw on 21:13 - Dec 5 with 1870 viewsTVOS1907

The Draw on 21:04 - Dec 5 by olympicdale

Is Dave Bayliss still at Barrow?

No, he's one of bury's special human beings now.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024