Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPRPOD 09:59 - Sep 20 with 7644 viewsichbinnaughty

Listened this morning.
What worries me is that JFH comes across as very inflexible, tactically.
He makes the point that Chery has been our best player, and as such is harder to drop than others.
However, not once did he talk about trying different systems with different personnel - which would be more suited to exploit other teams in other ways - and in the process, this would indirectly allow other players the opportunity to shine like Chery has.
He doesn't want to play a 4-4-2 because that would mean either putting Chery out wide, or dropping him. And he says that if Chery plays out wide, then he's not so good defensively, so the opposing full back would be told to run at him, put him under pressure, and expose his defensive shortcomings.
SO DROP HIM if the game/opposition requires it.
Get Polter and Sylla up front in a two; and hit them with balls from out wide - and if that means dropping Chery sometimes, so be it.
QPRPOD on 10:37 - Sep 21 with 1524 viewsstevec

QPRPOD on 01:26 - Sep 21 by Northernr

If you've seen enough of the "other Polish lad" I can only assume you're an enthusiastic attender of Hellas Verona matches because he's only been in the UK for 10 days and played 60 minutes for us so far.

It's this sort of fcking bollox that makes us look like every other spoilt, screeching, no-nothing, never-attending fan base that rings 606 to talk to robbie cnting Savage.

Ha Ha, enjoyed that.

Might be worth you reading the whole sentence though, I said '..in a 5 man midfield',
didn't look like he has the touch. Very short period of time though, so accept your point.

Put him wide in a 4 man midfield with the ball in front of him and something more than Washington to aim at and he might be okay. I say might, as until JFH plays 2 up front we will never know.

It's a simple game getting far to complicated for average players.
QPRPOD on 11:16 - Sep 21 with 1478 viewsLadbrokeR

The OP wrote

He doesn't want to play a 4-4-2 because that would mean either putting Chery out wide, or dropping him. And he says that if Chery plays out wide, then he's not so good defensively, so the opposing full back would be told to run at him, put him under pressure, and expose his defensive shortcomings.
Get Polter and Sylla up front in a two; and hit them with balls from out wide - and if that means dropping Chery sometimes, so be it.

Jimmy also went to some length explaining that he thinks that Chery is currently our best player.

So Connor needs to develop a killer instinct and there people ahead of sandro in contention for a first team place. Belief in his own methods and ideas or inflexibility and arrogance.
QPRPOD on 11:20 - Sep 21 with 1470 viewsLadbrokeR

I was a bit taken back by the panel and their use of the term defeat fatigue. This basically means that we have and are losing alot and people are getting tired of it.
QPRPOD on 11:22 - Sep 21 with 1464 viewsdaveB

QPRPOD on 10:37 - Sep 21 by stevec

Ha Ha, enjoyed that.

Might be worth you reading the whole sentence though, I said '..in a 5 man midfield',
didn't look like he has the touch. Very short period of time though, so accept your point.

Put him wide in a 4 man midfield with the ball in front of him and something more than Washington to aim at and he might be okay. I say might, as until JFH plays 2 up front we will never know.

It's a simple game getting far to complicated for average players.

He played in a midfield 4 against Newcastle after Sylla came on
QPRPOD on 11:23 - Sep 21 with 1461 viewsdaveB

QPRPOD on 11:16 - Sep 21 by LadbrokeR

The OP wrote

Jimmy also went to some length explaining that he thinks that Chery is currently our best player.

So Connor needs to develop a killer instinct and there people ahead of sandro in contention for a first team place. Belief in his own methods and ideas or inflexibility and arrogance.

I don't think it matters if you play 2 up front or 1 with Cherry, neither will produce goals if the central midfield don't come past the halfway line.

We'd look a lot better using the current system if we played ten years further up the pitch
QPRPOD on 11:28 - Sep 21 with 1453 viewsozexile

QPRPOD on 11:20 - Sep 21 by LadbrokeR

I was a bit taken back by the panel and their use of the term defeat fatigue. This basically means that we have and are losing alot and people are getting tired of it.

I think as well as defeat fatigue fans are probably tired of knowing exactly how games will pan out. Go away, concede early goal, defeat.
Play at home against anyone in the top half, usually defeat maybe draw.
Not one player ever stands up and runs a game? As a team we very rarely keep possession for longer than 3 passes.
Its so predictable.
QPRPOD on 11:50 - Sep 21 with 1406 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm not entirely convinced re JFH, having reservations about the entertainment value of our football under him but the hounding of him by some is Salemesque. To some, it mattered not a jot what he said on that podcast - they were going to twist his words until they found the witch they had already warned us about.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPRPOD on 12:03 - Sep 21 with 1388 viewsDorse

http://www.west12media.co.uk/qprpod/show-reel/

Open All Rs Podcast from yesterday

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

QPRPOD on 12:35 - Sep 21 with 1340 viewsJogo

QPRPOD on 11:50 - Sep 21 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm not entirely convinced re JFH, having reservations about the entertainment value of our football under him but the hounding of him by some is Salemesque. To some, it mattered not a jot what he said on that podcast - they were going to twist his words until they found the witch they had already warned us about.

Or maybe the podcast just confirmed our worst fears. The football is dire and it isn't going to change any time soon.
QPRPOD on 12:39 - Sep 21 with 1336 viewsJogo

I would have loved for JFH to have said "it's not working, we're going to look at alternative formations" etc... But there is no sign of a plan B or C or D. It's one way only and if it doesn't work....keep at it and hope for the best.
(No subject) on 13:27 - Sep 21 with 1282 viewsDiscodroids

just had a listen to the podcast at lunch. I dont know whether it was my speaker but JFH Sounded like a Dutch version of Norman Collier with his fked Microphone.

Id still give him till the end of the season if were hoovering around mid table, but he sounds as flexible as Brezhnev in his casket after rigor mortis has set in.

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

QPRPOD on 13:30 - Sep 21 with 1276 viewsdaveB

QPRPOD on 12:39 - Sep 21 by Jogo

I would have loved for JFH to have said "it's not working, we're going to look at alternative formations" etc... But there is no sign of a plan B or C or D. It's one way only and if it doesn't work....keep at it and hope for the best.

He would have been slated if he said that and to be fair to him he did say he would use different formations if he felt it was needed
QPRPOD on 13:34 - Sep 21 with 1264 viewsBrianMcCarthy

QPRPOD on 12:35 - Sep 21 by Jogo

Or maybe the podcast just confirmed our worst fears. The football is dire and it isn't going to change any time soon.

I don't think that we can know that for sure. Gerry Francis arrived with a reputation for poor but successful football and started off at Rangers playing poor unsuccessful football. It was dire. But as confidence seeped into him and his players we improved steadily and for most (though not all) of Francis' reign thereafter the football we played was enjoyable and attacking.

QPRPOD on 13:43 - Sep 21 with 1244 viewsrsonist

QPRPOD on 13:34 - Sep 21 by BrianMcCarthy

I don't think that we can know that for sure. Gerry Francis arrived with a reputation for poor but successful football and started off at Rangers playing poor unsuccessful football. It was dire. But as confidence seeped into him and his players we improved steadily and for most (though not all) of Francis' reign thereafter the football we played was enjoyable and attacking.

Paul Hart might have been our Alex Ferguson. Guess we'll never know.
(No subject) on 14:13 - Sep 21 with 1201 viewsbob566

(No subject) on 13:27 - Sep 21 by Discodroids

just had a listen to the podcast at lunch. I dont know whether it was my speaker but JFH Sounded like a Dutch version of Norman Collier with his fked Microphone.

Id still give him till the end of the season if were hoovering around mid table, but he sounds as flexible as Brezhnev in his casket after rigor mortis has set in.

just brilliant Disco.

as flexible as Brezhnev before the rigor sets in.

made me chuckle.
QPRPOD on 14:24 - Sep 21 with 1185 viewsMatch82

QPRPOD on 11:16 - Sep 21 by LadbrokeR

The OP wrote

The thing I found interesting is that Jimmy said multiple times you can't play chery on the wing FROM THE START. His logic being that it starts the game on a defensive foot for us because their full backs would attack chery. Didn't say that he wouldn't move to that system later in the game.

If chery can't be trusted to defend a winger, I wonder if he's considered having one of the central midfielders cover cherys full back defensively as needed, leaving chery free to roam on the counter. May also require one of the two forwards dropping back into midfield when we're not in possession.

I dont pretend to be an expert on this, I'm sure someone with more tactical nuance than me will point out why this isnt viable...
QPRPOD on 14:32 - Sep 21 with 1179 viewsNorthernr

Chery played on the left wing briefly towards the end of Ramsay's time in charge, when Warnock was advising. Not a conspicuous success.

Personally I don't think he does enough away from home to be considered an automatic first choice that we have to build the whole system around.

Similarly, Henry is a pain in the ars in winnable home games but gets picked every week regardless.
QPRPOD on 17:24 - Sep 21 with 1116 viewsBrianMcCarthy

QPRPOD on 13:43 - Sep 21 by rsonist

Paul Hart might have been our Alex Ferguson. Guess we'll never know.

Fair point, of course.

QPRPOD on 22:16 - Sep 21 with 1064 viewsbaz_qpr

I'm not sure Chery justifies the building a team around him. However I do think a lot of fans are failing to compute that our max wage now is around £8k per week. In terms of wage budget we are paying less than when Briatore was here i.e we are paying lower half championship levels. That leaves us with a handful of players we can't really shift and a lot of unproven players or players brought in from low end championship or relegated teams. Sometimes you get lucky and it all comes together overnight, sometimes it goes totally pear shaped and you go down. But the reality is about 14th is par for who we are and what we have at the moment
QPRPOD on 08:18 - Sep 22 with 1020 viewsSimonJames

QPRPOD on 14:32 - Sep 21 by Northernr

Chery played on the left wing briefly towards the end of Ramsay's time in charge, when Warnock was advising. Not a conspicuous success.

Personally I don't think he does enough away from home to be considered an automatic first choice that we have to build the whole system around.

Similarly, Henry is a pain in the ars in winnable home games but gets picked every week regardless.

...and surely the last thing we should be doing is building a team around one player (who could be sold, injured, or start playing badly)?
We need a playing system and style that will serve us well for the future.

100% of people who drink water will die.

QPRPOD on 12:28 - Sep 22 with 983 viewsderbyhoop

QPRPOD on 14:32 - Sep 21 by Northernr

I totally agree with the last sentence. Henry's 2 touches to control the ball before looking for the sideways/backwards pass takes all tempo out of the midfield. But, Borysiuk and Sandro have not been fit enough. Would a combination of Luongo and Cousins be good enough defensively?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

QPRPOD on 12:47 - Sep 22 with 968 viewsrsonist

When JFH correctly builds a functioning team around Chery then we can talk about whether he deserves to be dropped and Plans B, C, D.

He is our best creative force, he should be playing 10, and 4231 is not an inherently defensive formation - that much is absolutely true. It's the rest of it that hasn't come together yet.

We won this league once playing this formation and building everything around one player.
QPRPOD on 12:59 - Sep 22 with 962 viewsJogo

QPRPOD on 12:47 - Sep 22 by rsonist

When JFH correctly builds a functioning team around Chery then we can talk about whether he deserves to be dropped and Plans B, C, D.

He is our best creative force, he should be playing 10, and 4231 is not an inherently defensive formation - that much is absolutely true. It's the rest of it that hasn't come together yet.

We won this league once playing this formation and building everything around one player.

"When" That's confidence.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024