Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Protest at next home game 09:07 - Apr 12 with 8644 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I think all supporters should make a protest at the next home game against the sell out by most of our current shareholders.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Protest at next home game on 18:13 - Apr 12 with 1694 viewsMurph75

Protest at next home game on 18:06 - Apr 12 by Darran

Well it's not really is it but you crack on.

Thanks. I feel so much better now.
Protest at next home game on 18:32 - Apr 12 with 1661 viewsClinton

Protest at next home game on 17:33 - Apr 12 by Oldjack

if they did a little bit of homework as people have done on here they'd soon find out ,''clubs interest at heart my hairy arshole '' desperation more like

That'll teach me to read the forum whilst eating my tea.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Protest at next home game on 18:48 - Apr 12 with 1617 viewslonglostjack

Protest at next home game on 17:46 - Apr 12 by Murph75

And yet the board didn't sell.

I'm sure it will be the case again if the potential suitors aren't the right people.

There are a lot of "assumptions" being made at the moment. None of us are in complete control of the facts.

If these "investors" we're interested in working with the Trust they wouldn't have a problem with the 25% and would have had no problem with the directors informing them of the informal talks/negotiations. It's absolutely clear what's happening to all but the most blinkered optimist. If there is no protest at a game now - then WHEN ? I doubt that much can be done to stop the deal - but the national and international media need to know that at least the Jack Army aren't naive.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Protest at next home game on 18:56 - Apr 12 with 1592 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Protest at next home game on 18:48 - Apr 12 by longlostjack

If these "investors" we're interested in working with the Trust they wouldn't have a problem with the 25% and would have had no problem with the directors informing them of the informal talks/negotiations. It's absolutely clear what's happening to all but the most blinkered optimist. If there is no protest at a game now - then WHEN ? I doubt that much can be done to stop the deal - but the national and international media need to know that at least the Jack Army aren't naive.

This 1000%.
Why the secrecy of keeping the sale from the trust, to stop them having the time for taking action to get the cash to FORCE them to sell them the shares they need to prevent asset stripping or share dilution.
Which would have broken this lovely deal for the current board.
Plus the board have agreed to allow the newcomers to use their Share vote even if they keep their shares, thus guarenteeing the newcomers 75.1%.
If it looks like a kipper and smells like a kipper it most probably is a kipper.
Protest at next home game on 18:59 - Apr 12 with 1588 viewsMagicDaps

I don't think protesting is to go too far.

Everyone understands that there will be some limitations with our current owners, however with our owners I think 99.99% will feel comfortable with the security of Swansea City as a club - the whole reason the owners came in the first place. If there's reason to believe that this is to be put under threat, and in my view if we don't really know who we're selling to, then it would - then I think to protest is fair.

If we are going to protest it needs to be pretty unanimous, I don't really want a divide between fans and it would be interesting to see how people line up in the for/against bracket at the moment.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Protest at next home game on 19:16 - Apr 12 with 1560 viewsGeoffThom

I think there's a big split on this so any so called protest would just cause riffs and lead to abuse and maybe violence
Protest at next home game on 19:18 - Apr 12 with 1554 viewsDarran

Protest at next home game on 19:16 - Apr 12 by GeoffThom

I think there's a big split on this so any so called protest would just cause riffs and lead to abuse and maybe violence

I don't agree there's a big split on it Geoff there is a split but it's not a big one in my opinion.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Protest at next home game on 19:19 - Apr 12 with 1551 viewsjack247

Protest at next home game on 19:16 - Apr 12 by GeoffThom

There will be a lot of people at the Liverpool game who either don't care or are unaware of what is going on. Plus people with a casual interest who will read the Post and think it's a good thing.

Any protest would probably have to be outside the ground, so it doesn't get diluted by people who are indifferent.
Login to get fewer ads

Protest at next home game on 19:32 - Apr 12 with 1510 viewsGeoffThom

I think a lot of people are taking a broader view on this so protesting in my eyes is to early yet ,I think we all need to know more ,it might even sound good who knows ?
Protest at next home game on 19:33 - Apr 12 with 1505 viewsMurph75

Completely agree Geoff
Protest at next home game on 19:42 - Apr 12 with 1484 viewsexiledclaseboy

Too early for protesting.

Poll: Tory leader

Protest at next home game on 19:45 - Apr 12 with 1467 viewsymaohyd

Can I ask what the trust have done to attract investors?

It seems obvious to me that the dynamics of the situation is that most members of the board want to cash in on their shares.

How anyone can criticise them for that is beyond me. This season has proven that very easily the value of the club could be drastically cut.

Many state, we don't mind them selling but sell to the right buyer, let's be transparent.

If I was a board member I'd be pretty pi ssed off and inclined to highlight that both potential American buyers have been deemed dodgy, so over to you...you find us a buyer?!

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Protest at next home game on 19:47 - Apr 12 with 1460 viewsjasper_T

The deal's going to be done before the end of the season and has been in secret talks for months. It'll be too late soon, if it's not already.
Protest at next home game on 19:48 - Apr 12 with 1451 viewsGeoffThom

Protest at next home game on 19:45 - Apr 12 by ymaohyd

Can I ask what the trust have done to attract investors?

It seems obvious to me that the dynamics of the situation is that most members of the board want to cash in on their shares.

How anyone can criticise them for that is beyond me. This season has proven that very easily the value of the club could be drastically cut.

Many state, we don't mind them selling but sell to the right buyer, let's be transparent.

If I was a board member I'd be pretty pi ssed off and inclined to highlight that both potential American buyers have been deemed dodgy, so over to you...you find us a buyer?!

Good point ,I belive we need investment were as some just want the status quo to carry on
Protest at next home game on 19:49 - Apr 12 with 1451 viewsLandore_Jack

Protest at next home game on 19:47 - Apr 12 by jasper_T

The deal's going to be done before the end of the season and has been in secret talks for months. It'll be too late soon, if it's not already.

They haven't signed on the dotted line yet. Let the protests begin!
[Post edited 12 Apr 2016 20:26]

#backtojack

Protest at next home game on 19:53 - Apr 12 with 1381 viewsjasper_T

Protest at next home game on 19:48 - Apr 12 by GeoffThom

Good point ,I belive we need investment were as some just want the status quo to carry on

The type of investment that would make a noticeable difference to our club comes from oil barons, not US consortiums.
Protest at next home game on 19:54 - Apr 12 with 1374 viewsNeathJack

Given they appear to want it done by the end of April, it may be that it's signed and sealed by the time the next home game takes place.
Protest at next home game on 20:06 - Apr 12 with 1348 viewsSwaneeRiver

Protest at next home game on 19:49 - Apr 12 by Landore_Jack

They haven't signed on the dotted line yet. Let the protests begin!
[Post edited 12 Apr 2016 20:26]

Okay so say we protest. Those who are inclined to sell will do what ?
a) Think "Gosh what a strength of feeling - I better not sell after all"
b) Think "I've invested my hard earned cash, not to mention 14 (or whatever) years being a director, so sorry guys I'm selling and making myself £xx million "
Be honest with yourselves now - out of 100% of fans if they were in the same fortunate position, what position would sell ?
Protest at next home game on 20:10 - Apr 12 with 1337 viewsLandore_Jack

Protest at next home game on 20:06 - Apr 12 by SwaneeRiver

Okay so say we protest. Those who are inclined to sell will do what ?
a) Think "Gosh what a strength of feeling - I better not sell after all"
b) Think "I've invested my hard earned cash, not to mention 14 (or whatever) years being a director, so sorry guys I'm selling and making myself £xx million "
Be honest with yourselves now - out of 100% of fans if they were in the same fortunate position, what position would sell ?

Nothing wrong with selling as long as the terms and people coming in are fine. These two are cowboys.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2016 20:13]

#backtojack

Protest at next home game on 20:15 - Apr 12 with 1317 viewsplasjack

Protest at next home game on 20:10 - Apr 12 by Landore_Jack

Nothing wrong with selling as long as the terms and people coming in are fine. These two are cowboys.

Perhaps we should approach Vincent Tan more trustworthy and far richer.
Protest at next home game on 20:17 - Apr 12 with 1310 viewsSwaneeRiver

Protest at next home game on 20:10 - Apr 12 by Landore_Jack

Okay lets try this another way.
You put your house on the market.
You have two viewings and both make an offer. One offers £10k under the asking price but are a lovely couple. The second offers the asking price but something tells you they might upset the neighbours in years to come. You are moving away anyway.
Would you take the lower offer just to keep the neighbours happy ?
Protest at next home game on 20:17 - Apr 12 with 1306 viewsjasper_T

Protest at next home game on 20:17 - Apr 12 by SwaneeRiver

Okay lets try this another way.
You put your house on the market.
You have two viewings and both make an offer. One offers £10k under the asking price but are a lovely couple. The second offers the asking price but something tells you they might upset the neighbours in years to come. You are moving away anyway.
Would you take the lower offer just to keep the neighbours happy ?

Do I like these neighbours?
Protest at next home game on 20:23 - Apr 12 with 1284 viewsTheKirkyLife

Protest at next home game on 19:32 - Apr 12 by GeoffThom

I think a lot of people are taking a broader view on this so protesting in my eyes is to early yet ,I think we all need to know more ,it might even sound good who knows ?

And common sense prevails.
Protest at next home game on 20:23 - Apr 12 with 1284 viewsLandore_Jack

Protest at next home game on 20:17 - Apr 12 by jasper_T

That made me laugh.

#backtojack

Protest at next home game on 20:25 - Apr 12 with 1276 viewsSwaneeRiver

Protest at next home game on 20:17 - Apr 12 by jasper_T

Not if they are Cardiff supporters !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024