Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Official - Curt in for the season as manager 17:58 - Jan 7 with 28869 viewsAl_Bundy

nt
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:54 - Jan 7 with 1643 viewsAngelRangelQS

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:50 - Jan 7 by londonlisa2001

Saved an enormous amount on whatever we offered to someone like Bielsa to come here is what I was referring to.

I thought the same thing the other day... Give 'Bielsa's' 40k a week to a striker instead. I just don't think the board see it that way.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:54 - Jan 7 with 1642 views3swan

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:53 - Jan 7 by lovejuicejack

Out of interest if we did go down how much valve would they lose on the shares?

Can't put a figure on it but can you see any chance of a sale to an 'investor'
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:56 - Jan 7 with 1623 views3swan

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:52 - Jan 7 by Landore_Jack

Signing new players may become difficult. They will know that a new manger will be joining at the end of season, and there is a risk that they may not feature within the new managers plan.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2016 19:53]

I couldn't see any perm signings only loan whoever the manager was
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:56 - Jan 7 with 1618 viewslondonlisa2001

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:22 - Jan 7 by exiledclaseboy

I simply can't believe that we couldn't find a manager willing to take a job in the Premier League. Chances are we weren't offering enough money or a long enough contract.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2016 19:24]

I think it boils down to the point mentioned by someone earlier about aiming for people that are way beyond our current situation and / or means.

I suspect that our board have just had their eyes opened a little to the fact that the rest of the footballing world isn't quite as taken by the whole 'Jack to a King' romance as they probably thought was the case.
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:57 - Jan 7 with 1611 viewsItchySphincter

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:57 - Jan 7 by AngelRangelQS

To be fair the odds are stacked against us in terms of this type of appointment in the premier league

Not really sure why you bother?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:58 - Jan 7 with 1603 viewstherealme

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:54 - Jan 7 by AngelRangelQS

I thought the same thing the other day... Give 'Bielsa's' 40k a week to a striker instead. I just don't think the board see it that way.

I do. Board have looked at it, what's more important, new player or new manager. Expect a new striker now.

Francesco's black and white army ⚪️⚫️

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:58 - Jan 7 with 1603 views3swan

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:56 - Jan 7 by londonlisa2001

I think it boils down to the point mentioned by someone earlier about aiming for people that are way beyond our current situation and / or means.

I suspect that our board have just had their eyes opened a little to the fact that the rest of the footballing world isn't quite as taken by the whole 'Jack to a King' romance as they probably thought was the case.

Exactly.

The Premier League has pulling power, but it's not the be all for everyone in the football world
[Post edited 7 Jan 2016 19:58]
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:59 - Jan 7 with 1588 viewsAngelRangelQS

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:53 - Jan 7 by 3swan

Yes we are agreed, it is about hoping for success.
I think it's a position forced on the board, mainly for waiting too long instead of reacting to what we saw on the pitch.

Look I'm not doubting the board's intentions - after all they have more to lose than anyone - however I'm just not sure it's the wisest move.

Best case scenario is that Curt keeps us up and Sambaoli/DeBoer/Rodgers/Emery come riding in during the summer and all this is a distant memory.

Worst case scenario is that we go down, huge squad overhaul, still no manager and what happens then is anyones guess
Login to get fewer ads

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:00 - Jan 7 with 1573 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I wrote this in December on this thread
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/159860/2108867/who-do-yo

"Has anyone considered that it may be quite difficult to "get" a really good manager?
Here you have a club that has apparent problems with "Rifts" in the camp leading to very poor performances removing 2 managers in succession.
It is only 1 Point from the Relegation zone.
It also "suggests" that it has very little money to spend on Players in January.
It is run by a very controlling CEO.
Would you want the job?
It is going to take a very strong manager with lot's of confidence, people skills, financial skills, lot's of contacts, on top of Coaching, Tactics etc and a big pair of brass ones."

Not far off was it?
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:01 - Jan 7 with 1561 viewsEdmundo

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 18:29 - Jan 7 by AnotherJohn

I would have left it until after the next two home games to make the announcement, as I think this will put extra pressure on Curt that might lead to a blip. In any event he has my support. Anything will be a gamble at this stage, and the alternatives didn't look great to me. The thing now is that we must try to support Curt in the window with at least one serious signing up front.

Can't see a big signing for Curt, because the new manager appointed in the summer would have to live with someone he didn't want.

It'll be a loan until the end of the season at best and make full use of every member of the squad.

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:01 - Jan 7 with 1553 views3swan

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:59 - Jan 7 by AngelRangelQS

Look I'm not doubting the board's intentions - after all they have more to lose than anyone - however I'm just not sure it's the wisest move.

Best case scenario is that Curt keeps us up and Sambaoli/DeBoer/Rodgers/Emery come riding in during the summer and all this is a distant memory.

Worst case scenario is that we go down, huge squad overhaul, still no manager and what happens then is anyones guess

Answers...........just hope

One answer though

"Worst case scenario is that we go down, huge squad overhaul, still no manager and what happens then is anyones guess"

We carry on supporting

Nice chatting with you
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:03 - Jan 7 with 1531 viewsDarran

I don't believe we were offering a five month contract either.
More likely to have been an 18 month contract with relegation terms no human being would have accepted.

"Here we go Mr Bielsa here's an 18 month contract at £40k a week but if we get relegated in May you can stay on in the Championship for that final year for five bob a week and a horse shit sandwich"

Shambles.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:04 - Jan 7 with 1525 viewsVetchitBack

This thread's negativity (some of it clearly gleeful) from so-called fans is profoundly worse than Shelvey being occasionally lazy, Taylor passing backwards and and Gomis falling over.

I hope there's a player's forum where they are slagging off some of the posters on this thread for not doing OUR job.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:04 - Jan 7 with 1519 viewsdailew

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:44 - Jan 7 by exiledclaseboy

I agree with you. I wasn't suggesting anything of the sort.

Sorry. Didn't mean to suggest you were suggesting it. Just that I'm glad the board didn't panic and simply started flashing the cash about.

At least we know where we are now and can knuckle down, hopefully, and get on with it.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:05 - Jan 7 with 1489 viewsskippyjack

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:12 - Jan 7 by perchrockjack

contd.If he is and can ,then it seems the employing the likes of Clotet Beattie and KOL was a shocking waste of money.

Monk promoted all three.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:07 - Jan 7 with 1459 viewsmax936

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:53 - Jan 7 by jojaca

Sky Sports News is parading every club in the January Transfer Window with potential in's and outs bar ourselves. The only time we have been mentioned is when the reporter mentioned about going to see what Watford are up to and he accidentally clicked on us and page was blank.

Doesn't really mean anything though in fairness, but my belief is that we'll see very little coming in, well no one of quality anyway, it'll be one of two loanee's of no real note.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:07 - Jan 7 with 1458 views3swan

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:03 - Jan 7 by Darran

I don't believe we were offering a five month contract either.
More likely to have been an 18 month contract with relegation terms no human being would have accepted.

"Here we go Mr Bielsa here's an 18 month contract at £40k a week but if we get relegated in May you can stay on in the Championship for that final year for five bob a week and a horse shit sandwich"

Shambles.

So you post an extreme figure, unless you know what was offered

What I think of what the board has done doesn't cloud my judgement that clauses would have had to be put in if we were relegated.

There's been enough posts that players should have it in contracts so why not a manager
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:08 - Jan 7 with 1453 viewsAngelRangelQS

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:01 - Jan 7 by 3swan

Answers...........just hope

One answer though

"Worst case scenario is that we go down, huge squad overhaul, still no manager and what happens then is anyones guess"

We carry on supporting

Nice chatting with you

Of course we do but we've come a long way only to end up like another Bolton
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:10 - Jan 7 with 1430 views3swan

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:08 - Jan 7 by AngelRangelQS

Of course we do but we've come a long way only to end up like another Bolton

Be positive, we won't end up like another Bolton.......................£200m in debt
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:10 - Jan 7 with 1423 viewsDarran

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:07 - Jan 7 by 3swan

So you post an extreme figure, unless you know what was offered

What I think of what the board has done doesn't cloud my judgement that clauses would have had to be put in if we were relegated.

There's been enough posts that players should have it in contracts so why not a manager

Desperate times calling for desperate measures.
We haven't been in this situation under their control before and I think they should have taken a little gamble.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:11 - Jan 7 with 1415 viewsAngelRangelQS

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:04 - Jan 7 by VetchitBack

This thread's negativity (some of it clearly gleeful) from so-called fans is profoundly worse than Shelvey being occasionally lazy, Taylor passing backwards and and Gomis falling over.

I hope there's a player's forum where they are slagging off some of the posters on this thread for not doing OUR job.

This is a forum for debate and opinion.

Inside the stadium is different and the whole club need our support then, more than ever. Criticising supporters for having a view? Crazy
Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:11 - Jan 7 with 1409 viewsphact0rri

I figured as much, and where there are misgivings about the lack of experience. If this is our standard the last few matches and we bring in a goal scorer up front, I don't see why we need to fear the drop.

Of course if we don't bring anything in, and expect to just keep on keeping on... its going to be a very stressful rest of the season.

Though I for one am behind Curtis. But I do hope we get someone in worth the wait in the summer.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:11 - Jan 7 with 1406 viewsmax936

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:26 - Jan 7 by 3swan

I have thoughts about how things have panned out, but I do believe that no experienced manager, still with a career to think about, would have jumped at the job. A last position for someone coming to the end of their career maybe

Neil Warnock

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:12 - Jan 7 with 1394 viewsskippyjack

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 19:22 - Jan 7 by exiledclaseboy

I simply can't believe that we couldn't find a manager willing to take a job in the Premier League. Chances are we weren't offering enough money or a long enough contract.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2016 19:24]

Absolutely spot on ECB.. 6 month contract, if we stay up, automatic 12 month extension.

Don't know what went wrong

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:13 - Jan 7 with 1378 views3swan

Official - Curt in for the season as manager on 20:10 - Jan 7 by Darran

Desperate times calling for desperate measures.
We haven't been in this situation under their control before and I think they should have taken a little gamble.

Wing and a prayer.

We can all pick names out of the air, but I don't think we represent a 'good call' for many of the managers that we might want.

I hope the gamble we take is strengthening on the pitch, even though I can only see loan players coming in
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024