Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is that time up for Garry? 17:10 - Dec 5 with 20696 viewsPhil_S

Is that tune up for Garry?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

This post has been edited by an administrator
Is that time up for Garry? on 19:14 - Dec 5 with 2413 viewsRockAndBaconRoll

Is that time up for Garry? on 17:53 - Dec 5 by Dr_Winston

Decision should have been made after the Bournemouth game. We've wasted two weeks dithering over an obvious call.

Fully agree with this.
Is that time up for Garry? on 19:26 - Dec 5 with 2336 viewsTNT

It's easy to call for a manager to go, but at least suggest a replacement.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Is that time up for Garry? on 19:28 - Dec 5 with 2322 viewsNewhousemustscore

To anyone who voted "no", can I ask why? Please give Garry's wife what she's always wanted.. A move out of here.
Is that time up for Garry? on 19:38 - Dec 5 with 2244 viewswaynekerr55

Is that time up for Garry? on 18:09 - Dec 5 by exiledclaseboy

Get Brendan back. Time to go back to what brought us to the Premier League dance in the first place.

This.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Is that time up for Garry? on 19:42 - Dec 5 with 2205 viewsJohnw102

So sorry to tick yes for this, but the Club comes first.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Is that time up for Garry? on 19:47 - Dec 5 with 2159 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Is that time up for Garry? on 19:38 - Dec 5 by waynekerr55

This.

I don't know if going back is quite the right thing to do atm. We've done it with yorath and toshack in the past and both were disasters mate

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Is that time up for Garry? on 19:52 - Dec 5 with 2130 viewsRockAndBaconRoll

Is that time up for Garry? on 19:26 - Dec 5 by TNT

It's easy to call for a manager to go, but at least suggest a replacement.

Rodgers, Moyes. Honestly, i'd love Redknapp with what he did at Spurs. Outside of that, Nuno maybe. Just not anyone like Curbishley, Warnock, Holloway.
Is that time up for Garry? on 19:55 - Dec 5 with 2089 viewsjojaca

Is that time up for Garry? on 18:28 - Dec 5 by Brynmill_Jack

I've heard a few people saying the return of Dyer will solve our problems. It won't, believe me

Even if we had Ronaldo and Messi together up front, it won't solve the problems.

Even when you know, you never know?

Login to get fewer ads

Is that time up for Garry? on 19:58 - Dec 5 with 2076 viewsMorfa_Same

Is that time up for Garry? on 18:57 - Dec 5 by giantstoneater

GM is not the only who should lose his job I'd like to start with the scouts who thought that Gomis had the mental toughness required to play at this level and also decide that Eder was worth 5 million our other striker Emnes cost 1 million can you see him saving us!! We paid 5 million for Naughton and nothing for Rangel, Rangel is a far better player have his legs gone really? Been a lot of talk of Joe Allen coming back is he the answer we need to get rid of our limp and languid strikers and bring in someone who wants score goals.

I agree totally with this. The playing squad has gone backwards in a big way over the last two years. Naughton for Rangel. Bartley for Chico. Taylor for Davies. Ki for De Guzman. Sigurdsson for Michu (yes I know that Sigurdsson is still a very good player) and most importantly Gomis for Bony. I can't understand how anyone says this is the best squad we've ever had. It isn't. We need to be reviewing more than just the manager's position.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2015 20:00]
Is that time up for Garry? on 20:00 - Dec 5 with 2059 viewswaynekerr55

Is that time up for Garry? on 19:47 - Dec 5 by Brynmill_Jack

I don't know if going back is quite the right thing to do atm. We've done it with yorath and toshack in the past and both were disasters mate

Fair point Brynnie. I think Brendan has a point to prove, plus he'll get us back playing our way. For that it would be a unanimous yes from me.

Is that time up for Garry? on 20:03 - Dec 5 with 2030 viewswaynekerr55

Is that time up for Garry? on 19:52 - Dec 5 by RockAndBaconRoll

Rodgers, Moyes. Honestly, i'd love Redknapp with what he did at Spurs. Outside of that, Nuno maybe. Just not anyone like Curbishley, Warnock, Holloway.

Not withstanding his 1960s approach to s&c and the purely negative football from the Scottish Frank Spencer, he's not the right choice as our players don't suit his playing 'style'. They aren't streetwise, they aren't built to bully teams and aren't built for % football.

Redknapp - no offence mate, but I'm saying porthcawl 😂👍

Is that time up for Garry? on 20:05 - Dec 5 with 2023 viewsNewhousemustscore

Is that time up for Garry? on 19:47 - Dec 5 by Brynmill_Jack

I don't think that's the way it works though....cos those 2 have failed the 2nd time around then no one can ever come back?
Is that time up for Garry? on 20:06 - Dec 5 with 2016 viewsDr_Winston

Is that time up for Garry? on 19:58 - Dec 5 by Morfa_Same

I agree totally with this. The playing squad has gone backwards in a big way over the last two years. Naughton for Rangel. Bartley for Chico. Taylor for Davies. Ki for De Guzman. Sigurdsson for Michu (yes I know that Sigurdsson is still a very good player) and most importantly Gomis for Bony. I can't understand how anyone says this is the best squad we've ever had. It isn't. We need to be reviewing more than just the manager's position.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2015 20:00]

It's still a strong squad, albeit currently a very poorly managed one.

A decent replacement for GM should be able to coax this team to a comfortable mid table position.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Is that time up for Garry? on 20:09 - Dec 5 with 2002 viewsNewhousemustscore

Is that time up for Garry? on 20:06 - Dec 5 by Dr_Winston

A decent replacement for GM should be able to coax this team to a comfortable mid table position.

Yeah, Klopp has changed Liverpool and done it by being enigmatic, organised etc. It looks like he's breathed new life in to the dressing room and given their squad belief.
Is that time up for Garry? on 20:10 - Dec 5 with 1998 viewswaynekerr55

Who would you go with Doc?

Is that time up for Garry? on 20:10 - Dec 5 with 1995 viewsRockAndBaconRoll

Is that time up for Garry? on 20:03 - Dec 5 by waynekerr55

Not withstanding his 1960s approach to s&c and the purely negative football from the Scottish Frank Spencer, he's not the right choice as our players don't suit his playing 'style'. They aren't streetwise, they aren't built to bully teams and aren't built for % football.

Redknapp - no offence mate, but I'm saying porthcawl 😂👍

You don't just get Harry, you get the coaches with him. But I know he's marmite and its six of one, half dozen of the other.

I would prefer Rodgers to be honest, but i wouldn't dismiss Moyes. He established Everton in the same way as Swansea need that continuous stability in the Premier League. He made Fellaini look good, he brought on a lot of class players and Tim Cahill said this week he owes everything on and off the pitch to Moyes.

Whatever our players style is - its f**king rubbish at present.
Is that time up for Garry? on 20:11 - Dec 5 with 1990 viewsTNT

Is that time up for Garry? on 19:52 - Dec 5 by RockAndBaconRoll

Cheers mate. Refreshing to hear someone make a suggestion. Maybe Moyes would keep us up but not sure about the football under him. Rodgers maybe, though many didn't like his style of play (they may well now take it)/ the way he left.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Is that time up for Garry? on 20:12 - Dec 5 with 1972 viewswaynekerr55

Is that time up for Garry? on 20:10 - Dec 5 by RockAndBaconRoll

You don't just get Harry, you get the coaches with him. But I know he's marmite and its six of one, half dozen of the other.

I would prefer Rodgers to be honest, but i wouldn't dismiss Moyes. He established Everton in the same way as Swansea need that continuous stability in the Premier League. He made Fellaini look good, he brought on a lot of class players and Tim Cahill said this week he owes everything on and off the pitch to Moyes.

Whatever our players style is - its f**king rubbish at present.

And with Harry comes a huge budget and over the hill players. I'd agree with you about Moyes but we don't have the tools for him. It would be like giving an electrician a carpenters tool box and visa versa.

Is that time up for Garry? on 20:15 - Dec 5 with 1952 viewsDr_Winston

Is that time up for Garry? on 20:10 - Dec 5 by waynekerr55

Who would you go with Doc?

In the short term Rodgers stands out. Either him or Lucien Favre are probably the best of the immediately available candidates.

The one I wanted last time when it became apparent that Koeman wasn't going to get it was Lars Lagerback. Got a superb record in International management and is currently in charge of Iceland.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Is that time up for Garry? on 20:23 - Dec 5 with 1896 viewsMillJack

If there is any truth in the story I heard today involving Monk and our French players following the Paris attacks, then I'd get rid of him on that basis alone. That's ignoring the fact that there are so many things wrong on the pitch that I don't even know where to start.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2015 20:24]
Is that time up for Garry? on 20:24 - Dec 5 with 1890 viewswaynekerr55

Is that time up for Garry? on 20:23 - Dec 5 by MillJack

If there is any truth in the story I heard today involving Monk and our French players following the Paris attacks, then I'd get rid of him on that basis alone. That's ignoring the fact that there are so many things wrong on the pitch that I don't even know where to start.

Pm the story Mr milljack 👍

Is that time up for Garry? on 20:42 - Dec 5 with 1802 viewsUplandsJack

I'd like Clements or Karanka but I doubt either would get the nod...
What about Marcelo Bielsa wasn't he a big favourite when monk got the job? But then HJ would have to loosen his control over first team matters and can't see him fancying that!!!
Is that time up for Garry? on 20:43 - Dec 5 with 1792 viewslovejuicejack

Is that time up for Garry? on 20:24 - Dec 5 by waynekerr55

Pm the story Mr milljack 👍

Yeah and then post it on here, about time the truth fit out.
Is that time up for Garry? on 21:09 - Dec 5 with 1699 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Is that time up for Garry? on 20:23 - Dec 5 by MillJack

Aye pm me and all mate that does not sound good at all............

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Is that time up for Garry? on 21:15 - Dec 5 with 1677 viewsEvenThisNameIsTaken

Absolutely. Monk did a respectable job after Laudrup - and that's with no prior management experience!

Getting a good quality manager with a proven track record of getting things done, and not dither on the cost of said manager, and we should be back in business - or at least out of the relegation region.

Poll: Goal 2 - scored by who?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024