Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On the train home 22:26 - Oct 20 with 11253 viewsloftboy

God that was shit, Ramsey has to go, taking Jet off unless injured was inexcusable, turgid shite.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

On the train home on 08:13 - Oct 21 with 1640 viewssouthernR

The result could have been very different if the ref had given them a pen or we had got a couple of our longer range shots on target. If Chery's shot on the volley had gone in it would have been a contender for goal of the season! Wed really should have made us pay when Hall fell over in the first half.

I thought we played ok, up front I can see why Wed score goals, their CF was a real handful and I thought that Hall/Hill with Sandro's protection did better than anything I've seen this season. The penny drops maybe with Henry far, far away.

We created some nice chances but Loftus Road was just so quiet I am sure this nervousness doesn't help the players.

The game was dull, I'm not sure how good Wed are/were, but I was pretty happy with the shape and, really important to me, the effort that everyone put in.

JET looked dog tired at times during the first half so it was no surprise he as taken off, thought that Fer as a good choice up front so that we didn't have to rely on his defensive inabilities and we know he can shoot. Don't quite understand the chants of "don't know what you're doing" doesn't help the manager, the players or the mood inside Loftus.
On the train home on 08:35 - Oct 21 with 1608 viewsRBlock

On the train home on 22:54 - Oct 20 by vegasranger

How about we try 2 strikers for once?

Which two strikers are these then?
On the train home on 08:59 - Oct 21 with 1565 viewssimmo

I went and I post on here. Yes it was boring, but I don't think boredom at this point is a bad thing, necessarily. We swung wildly from our poerformance against Bolton - this was much more organised and it showed. 2 teams cancelling each other out, both a bit worried about absolutely going for it although we had the better chances and could have nicked it but it wasn't to be and you could see how nervous the players were, so in that respect it should be a good building block to leverage from now we have another shut out. There are definitely things to improve though and it seems really odd that he would leave Polter out completely and not make better use of his bench.

Overall I will take the positives and feel confident of having too much for MK.

Also worth adding that we got lucky with the 2 major incidents - Clint Hill tackle and when they went through in the 2nd half. Both fouls (the Hill one definitely). On another night they go against us. But I don't think SW played well enough to win the game, so a draw is fair.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2015 9:02]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

On the train home on 09:00 - Oct 21 with 1558 viewsMytch_QPR

On the train home on 08:13 - Oct 21 by southernR

The result could have been very different if the ref had given them a pen or we had got a couple of our longer range shots on target. If Chery's shot on the volley had gone in it would have been a contender for goal of the season! Wed really should have made us pay when Hall fell over in the first half.

I thought we played ok, up front I can see why Wed score goals, their CF was a real handful and I thought that Hall/Hill with Sandro's protection did better than anything I've seen this season. The penny drops maybe with Henry far, far away.

We created some nice chances but Loftus Road was just so quiet I am sure this nervousness doesn't help the players.

The game was dull, I'm not sure how good Wed are/were, but I was pretty happy with the shape and, really important to me, the effort that everyone put in.

JET looked dog tired at times during the first half so it was no surprise he as taken off, thought that Fer as a good choice up front so that we didn't have to rely on his defensive inabilities and we know he can shoot. Don't quite understand the chants of "don't know what you're doing" doesn't help the manager, the players or the mood inside Loftus.

Totally with you about the chants against Ramsey - we looked more likely to score when Fer came on, JET was too static.

If CR boiled a kettle to make a cup of tea some of these morons would still be telling him he doesn't know what he's doing - it's like a witch trial.

Luongo good, Chery should be given a 'free range' role to unsettle defenders, Toszer's corners reminded me of Barton (on a bad day). All in all, not very entertaining, but the defence generally looked a bit better, barring a couple of Keystone Cops moments.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

On the train home on 09:12 - Oct 21 with 1531 viewsstevenagehoop

On the train home on 08:13 - Oct 21 by southernR

The reason for no atmosphere was plainly down to the lethargic performance of the team.Our place needs something to make people make a noise generally apart from the big games and there was nothing yesterday.
Maybe playing only one up front no other striker on the bench and then taking off your only striker to replace him with a good midfielder and not keep him on with someone to help him was why the crowd chanted what it did. To me Sandro in front of Henry was a good move but why no Faurlin to replace the man who couldn't' teen lift the ball over the first defender at numerous corners. He really doesn't help himself!

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

On the train home on 09:20 - Oct 21 with 1516 viewsvblockranger

My first game this season and will probably be my last for a while. Left work early to pick up wife and kids and travel up for that dull excuse of a game. Struggle to think of any of our players that looked half decent. What about that clown defender who fell over and would have gifted them a goal if they had anyone decent upfront? So many individual errors i cant believe this lot get paid as professionals .
We gave up our season tickets 3 seasons ago when we could see the writing on the wall and the way that buffoon Fernandes was running the club.
Last night was like watching my kids play when they were younger hoofing the ball and hoping it found a team mate.

Feel for the fans that go every week and watch that dire rubbish. We are still all rangers and follow from afar but cant afford to spend lots of money every week on that turgid shit.
On the train home on 09:33 - Oct 21 with 1492 viewsYorkRanger

On the train home on 08:59 - Oct 21 by simmo

I went and I post on here. Yes it was boring, but I don't think boredom at this point is a bad thing, necessarily. We swung wildly from our poerformance against Bolton - this was much more organised and it showed. 2 teams cancelling each other out, both a bit worried about absolutely going for it although we had the better chances and could have nicked it but it wasn't to be and you could see how nervous the players were, so in that respect it should be a good building block to leverage from now we have another shut out. There are definitely things to improve though and it seems really odd that he would leave Polter out completely and not make better use of his bench.

Overall I will take the positives and feel confident of having too much for MK.

Also worth adding that we got lucky with the 2 major incidents - Clint Hill tackle and when they went through in the 2nd half. Both fouls (the Hill one definitely). On another night they go against us. But I don't think SW played well enough to win the game, so a draw is fair.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2015 9:02]

Simmo - that seems like a fair assessment to me.

This team is a million miles away from being good enough to get promoted. TF's re-positioning around promotion has been hugely unhelpful.

Sadly I still think CR will get moved on and the merry go round will start again
On the train home on 09:51 - Oct 21 with 1450 viewsjohncharles

On the train home on 09:00 - Oct 21 by Mytch_QPR

Totally with you about the chants against Ramsey - we looked more likely to score when Fer came on, JET was too static.

If CR boiled a kettle to make a cup of tea some of these morons would still be telling him he doesn't know what he's doing - it's like a witch trial.

Luongo good, Chery should be given a 'free range' role to unsettle defenders, Toszer's corners reminded me of Barton (on a bad day). All in all, not very entertaining, but the defence generally looked a bit better, barring a couple of Keystone Cops moments.

JET was too static ? Did you really say that ? He was switching wings. He put in an enormous shift.
JET WAS TOO STATIC ?? Tell me it's a misprint. Tell you've only seen the stills.
JET WAS TOO STATIC ? Time you returned to your home planet.

Strong and stable my arse.

Login to get fewer ads

On the train home on 10:07 - Oct 21 with 1408 viewsElHoop

Wasn't at the game so can't comment, but a couple of points:

1. I fancied Sheff Wed to go up at the start of the season and i still do - I expected us to lose this game and we didn't.
2. Somebody said somewhere that football was entertainment. It most definitely isn't. It's mostly agony.
On the train home on 10:18 - Oct 21 with 1378 viewsellersliehoop

On the train home on 09:33 - Oct 21 by YorkRanger

Simmo - that seems like a fair assessment to me.

This team is a million miles away from being good enough to get promoted. TF's re-positioning around promotion has been hugely unhelpful.

Sadly I still think CR will get moved on and the merry go round will start again

Correct

We are a million miles from promotion

I've seen us play 5 times this season, have not won, and its very poor EVERY time in my opinion
On the train home on 10:26 - Oct 21 with 1356 viewsMytch_QPR

On the train home on 09:51 - Oct 21 by johncharles

JET was too static ? Did you really say that ? He was switching wings. He put in an enormous shift.
JET WAS TOO STATIC ?? Tell me it's a misprint. Tell you've only seen the stills.
JET WAS TOO STATIC ? Time you returned to your home planet.

Okay, fair enough - but he lacks pace and he wasn't really troubling the Weds defence. We needed some pace. I still maintain that we looked more likely to score once Fer came on in the last stages of the game.

I shall now return to my planet. Dweeb. Blip.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

On the train home on 12:18 - Oct 21 with 1260 viewsCliff

On the train home on 22:38 - Oct 20 by Jigsore

ffs we've conceded two every game and tonight Sheff Wed didn't even get a shot on target.

I thought that was a good thing, i'm very sorry it offends you.

The 0 - 0 offends me, I had to sit through the shite.

0 - 0's aren't' in themselves offensive itt's the negative way we went about it. I mean 4-5-1 is bad enough at home but 4-6-0 !!!!
On the train home on 12:37 - Oct 21 with 1230 viewsDando

Around 65-70 minutes, we were finally starting to play some lovely football, and looked like we were going to score immininently. Usually Ramsay fails to make subs, or the correct ones when we are playing badly. In this case, we were having the best spell of the game and looked dangerouns, but he killed it by taking off Jet - who was holding the ball up well and causing a threat. It would have been better not to make any subs at this stage in my opinion
On the train home on 12:39 - Oct 21 with 1225 viewsMonkey_Roots

On the train home on 10:07 - Oct 21 by ElHoop

Wasn't at the game so can't comment, but a couple of points:

1. I fancied Sheff Wed to go up at the start of the season and i still do - I expected us to lose this game and we didn't.
2. Somebody said somewhere that football was entertainment. It most definitely isn't. It's mostly agony.

If Wednesday go up, i'll eat your underpants.

They were worse than us last night - hoof it up to donkey, donkey doesn't get it, soak up pressure, hoof it up to donkey etc etc...
On the train home on 12:42 - Oct 21 with 1217 viewsPinnerPaul

On the train home on 22:55 - Oct 20 by EastR

I can't disagree with any of that but would add that if they'd had someone half decent up front and with a different ref in charge, we'd have lost

If we'd have had Charlie Austin upfront , we'd have won.

If SW player hadn't have slipped they would have scored

If their GK hadn't saved only shot on target we would have won

Good game this, isn't it?
On the train home on 12:43 - Oct 21 with 1216 viewsPinnerPaul

On the train home on 23:30 - Oct 20 by gobbles

I thought Sandro was just about out best player. Won lots of headers, only player who could break up play, only one who looked comfortable on the ball and switched play

Yep - me too
On the train home on 12:44 - Oct 21 with 1216 viewsrichpr

On the train home on 23:14 - Oct 20 by johncharles

That's a novel idea.
We had just about got our noses in front with 20 minutes to go. Jet was running their defence ragged. Two strikers would have done the trick. Instead we got none.

OMG - JET was running their defence ragged - you couldn't have been there. He's just another sh*t player we signed along with Polter, Perch Angella, Toszic (he's the worst of the lot)
On the train home on 12:45 - Oct 21 with 1214 viewsPinnerPaul

On the train home on 00:26 - Oct 21 by ted_hendrix

I believe so yes.

When has he been better than that exactly?

Under performed since day 1 for me.
On the train home on 12:52 - Oct 21 with 1201 viewsMonkey_Roots

On the train home on 12:44 - Oct 21 by richpr

OMG - JET was running their defence ragged - you couldn't have been there. He's just another sh*t player we signed along with Polter, Perch Angella, Toszic (he's the worst of the lot)

I don't think I would say 'run them ragged' either, but I would say that in the first half he did his job fairly well - target man who offloads the ball into the path of one of our midfielders to attack. In the 2nd half he looked laboured and sluggish as the half wore on, and didn't look a threat... I thought Fer coming on was a decent shout as he is the most likely to score from what others we had on our bench.

But therein lies the problem - no legitimate goal threats on board.
On the train home on 12:55 - Oct 21 with 1199 viewsElHoop

On the train home on 12:39 - Oct 21 by Monkey_Roots

They were worse than us last night - hoof it up to donkey, donkey doesn't get it, soak up pressure, hoof it up to donkey etc etc...

I think that you're mad. My pants aren't that nice and this is no division to be promising to eat other people's not nice pants.
On the train home on 12:59 - Oct 21 with 1191 viewsMonkey_Roots

On the train home on 12:55 - Oct 21 by ElHoop

I think that you're mad. My pants aren't that nice and this is no division to be promising to eat other people's not nice pants.

The secret is...

Coriander.

Sprinkle that on, and i'll eat pretty much anything.
On the train home on 13:20 - Oct 21 with 1170 viewsElHoop

On the train home on 12:59 - Oct 21 by Monkey_Roots

The secret is...

Coriander.

Sprinkle that on, and i'll eat pretty much anything.

Fresh coriander?
On the train home on 14:15 - Oct 21 with 1115 viewsMonkey_Roots

On the train home on 13:20 - Oct 21 by ElHoop

Fresh coriander?

Of course!
On the train home on 14:17 - Oct 21 with 1108 viewsjohncharles

On the train home on 12:39 - Oct 21 by Monkey_Roots

How come we didn't win then ?

On the train home on 14:18 - Oct 21 with 1104 viewsjohncharles

On the train home on 12:44 - Oct 21 by richpr

I was there, where were you ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024