Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why we are loaning out players.... 06:41 - Aug 5 with 2589 viewsGloucs_R

Could possibly be because we want to balance the books every year.

This window we have £9m from Sterling and £15m (possibly)from Austin plus McCarthy, etc. So we should be able to break even.

By loaning out Fer, Sandro and Caulker we take their wages off the books, get a small loan fee and (more importantly) will see the revenue for them next season when they are sold. Accept that we will probably only get £5m for Fer and Caulker, but its still a smart way of ensuring we meet FFP and break even.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Why we are loaning out players.... on 06:52 - Aug 5 with 2573 viewsQPR_Jim

That's pretty much what I said in the fer to Sunderland thread last night. It makes sense to me, especially if they are not confident of a quick return to the premier league, which they shouldn't be after last time.

Similar to buying samba for 12m loss in the premier league and selling him back for 12m once relegated, it's better for the ffp than a loan.
Why we are loaning out players.... on 07:49 - Aug 5 with 2487 viewsfakekerby

It's utterly pointless.

Caulker and Fer are on decent money but so are Green and Onouha. Why keep the latter two, who are arguably worse footballers?

Both Fer and Caulker are good ages and we should have been able to get good money for them. They've both gone to wealthy premiership clubs so don't tell me we couldn't have sold them.

The pot of gold of promotion is gigantic. We should have at least kept them until January to see how we were getting on if loaning them out was our strategy.

Balancing the books is all well and good, but Perch cost money plus fees plus wages. Konchesky will be on very good money as well.

Id rather have Caulker and Fer than Perch and Konchesky that's for sure.
Why we are loaning out players.... on 07:51 - Aug 5 with 2474 viewsozexile

And next season if we don't go up we'll just have to basically give them away. Norwich and Southampton have seen us coming from a mile away.
Why we are loaning out players.... on 08:08 - Aug 5 with 2428 viewsQPR_Jim

You don't need to be in the premier league to be able to sell a player for good money, you just need more than one buyer. If they're as good as people keep saying next season there should be a bidding war.

Green and onouha, as stated on other threads, want to be here.
Why we are loaning out players.... on 08:12 - Aug 5 with 2413 viewsqueensparker

We're having a stab at cleansing the last four years of economic insanity from our books and at least making an effort not to lose tens of millions of pounds a year. This can only be a good thing, surely?

We're not going to be able to do that and continue to employ Dutch internationals on 50K a week.

This season is going to require patience and a realisation we're going to take two steps back and maybe one step forward (like a less drastic version of Holloway's first season). Judging by some of the forum posts I fear for the atmosphere when the football gets bumpy.
Why we are loaning out players.... on 08:14 - Aug 5 with 2409 viewsqpr1976

If we could have sold Caulker & Fer for anything close to what we paid for them, we would have and probably used those funds to build a new squad entirely, meaning we wouldn't have to sell Austin or Philips.

But no one bid close to our valuations.
WBA enquired about Caulker with a derogatory bid and No one bid for Fer at all !
Possibly due to both being relegated 2 consecutive seasons ?

So it is what it is. To sell you need a buyer.
There was none and both loan fees along with McArthy money are finaci g our recruitments.
At least until Austin finally goes.

Forget the Parachute payment & Sterling money. That's been put aside for debt repayment & FFP fine.

Southampton & Norwich ??????
Why we are loaning out players.... on 08:19 - Aug 5 with 2378 viewsDiscodroids

feeble minded cuckolds that wear their soul on their face when sitting at the negotiating table with their bulls . Even the greek PM couldnt do a worse job.

The thing I hate about you, Fernades, is the way you give free nobys nuts and fosters to your scum, and your best teddy bear to Oxfam, and expect us to lick your frigid fingers for the rest of your frigid life.

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Why we are loaning out players.... on 08:28 - Aug 5 with 2358 viewsgeorgiosfs

Why we are loaning out players.... on 07:49 - Aug 5 by fakekerby

It's utterly pointless.

Caulker and Fer are on decent money but so are Green and Onouha. Why keep the latter two, who are arguably worse footballers?

Both Fer and Caulker are good ages and we should have been able to get good money for them. They've both gone to wealthy premiership clubs so don't tell me we couldn't have sold them.

The pot of gold of promotion is gigantic. We should have at least kept them until January to see how we were getting on if loaning them out was our strategy.

Balancing the books is all well and good, but Perch cost money plus fees plus wages. Konchesky will be on very good money as well.

Id rather have Caulker and Fer than Perch and Konchesky that's for sure.

We were offered money and them off our wage bill..

I'm guessing if offers came for them they'd be off too!
Login to get fewer ads

Why we are loaning out players.... on 09:02 - Aug 5 with 2298 viewstoboboly

Or we could keep them and they would aid in helping for promotion. Everyone is saying we are weak defensively and up front. Caulker and Fer playing a 10 role strengthen that a little.

As said above, if we want to save on wages then why keep certain players like Green and not Fer?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Why we are loaning out players.... on 09:42 - Aug 5 with 2213 viewsdaveB

No one wants to buy them so the only other option is to loan them out. I'm not sure why it's so difficult to understand. Relegation has consequences and losing the big earners is one of them.

Not a chance we'll break even by the way, the losses are still around 70 million a year
Why we are loaning out players.... on 09:47 - Aug 5 with 2191 viewstoboboly

Why we are loaning out players.... on 09:42 - Aug 5 by daveB

No one wants to buy them so the only other option is to loan them out. I'm not sure why it's so difficult to understand. Relegation has consequences and losing the big earners is one of them.

Not a chance we'll break even by the way, the losses are still around 70 million a year

If it was just money Dave then shouldn't we have said yes to those wanting Austin for £10m???

I presumed that we were going to take a punt on keeping Austin this year as if he gets us back to the PL it is worth more than his transfer fee. Surely then loaning out Fer/Caulker etc hamstrings that somewhat?

Why we are loaning out players.... on 10:02 - Aug 5 with 2149 viewsdaveB

Why we are loaning out players.... on 09:47 - Aug 5 by toboboly

If it was just money Dave then shouldn't we have said yes to those wanting Austin for £10m???

I presumed that we were going to take a punt on keeping Austin this year as if he gets us back to the PL it is worth more than his transfer fee. Surely then loaning out Fer/Caulker etc hamstrings that somewhat?

no one has actually bid for Austin yet so there has been nothing to turn down
Why we are loaning out players.... on 10:10 - Aug 5 with 2119 viewsDiscodroids

Why we are loaning out players.... on 09:42 - Aug 5 by daveB

i understand perfectly,. the reason no one wants to buy is that they know they are dealing with the poncho wearing, pan pipe playing john mills village idiot of football transfers.

note how potential charlie suitors are throwing their hands up in the air , all indignant that for once , just once, this incompetent oaf is keeping his nerve.

there used to QPR bending in the wind to their will.

we are where we are, but this bolt through the neck, bandy legged simian sloth must be held to account . he simply must.

all this window dressing by his subordinates that these are good fiscal deals , would be insulting to the lifeless brain of joey essex.

got no choice but to wipe 0ur mouths and move on, but how this crazed Nero gets away with it time after time , bemuses me more than clare balding presenting rugby league on the bbc.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2015 10:19]

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Why we are loaning out players.... on 11:23 - Aug 5 with 2035 viewstoboboly

Why we are loaning out players.... on 10:02 - Aug 5 by daveB

Because we have asked for "x" amount. If we had said we will sell him for £10m then he is likely to have gone a little while ago.

Why we are loaning out players.... on 11:41 - Aug 5 with 2001 viewsdaveB

Why we are loaning out players.... on 11:23 - Aug 5 by toboboly

Because we have asked for "x" amount. If we had said we will sell him for £10m then he is likely to have gone a little while ago.

Well yeah but he is the only player other than Phillips who clubs will want to buy so may as well try and get the best price. Caulker and Fer just suffered back to back relegation so not many clubs going to spend big on them
Why we are loaning out players.... on 12:08 - Aug 5 with 1972 viewsstevec

I see Ramsey is saying he's playing hard ball on Phillips, won't go for a penny less than £10m. I imagine that means he'll go on loan to WBA and they'll cough up half his wages as a goodwill gesture.
Why we are loaning out players.... on 12:24 - Aug 5 with 1954 viewstoboboly

Why we are loaning out players.... on 11:41 - Aug 5 by daveB

Well yeah but he is the only player other than Phillips who clubs will want to buy so may as well try and get the best price. Caulker and Fer just suffered back to back relegation so not many clubs going to spend big on them

Yet willing to loan them from us. See what I am getting at? If it is cost necessary then we sell everyone and loan everyone for whatever we can get for them. Otherwise we keep the players who are more likely to get us promoted and use them to get us up which would be more financially beneficial.

Why we are loaning out players.... on 13:12 - Aug 5 with 1911 viewsQPR_Jim

Why we are loaning out players.... on 12:24 - Aug 5 by toboboly

Yet willing to loan them from us. See what I am getting at? If it is cost necessary then we sell everyone and loan everyone for whatever we can get for them. Otherwise we keep the players who are more likely to get us promoted and use them to get us up which would be more financially beneficial.

They are willing to loan because it's low risk. They spend a fraction of what we would want for a sale and cover the wages for a season. They get a good chance to assess the players before spending big and ending up with them tied to the club for 3-4 years with nobody to sell them to.

From our point it reduces our costs on wages and boosts our finances with the fee to help us meets/get closer to the ffp targets. There's added risk/reward for us in that the players could do well and start a bidding war for their services next sumer or alternatively report back injured but that would be the same risk if we keep them.They could both get injuries next week and not play all season leaving us with millions of pounds of wages and no more chance of promotion.

Given that nobody's going to buy them after two relegations and neither want to stay and play (unlike green and onouha) I don't see what else the club could do. The bonus may just be selling one or both next season and boosting next years finances whilst other revenues reduce.
Why we are loaning out players.... on 14:31 - Aug 5 with 1856 viewstoboboly

Why we are loaning out players.... on 13:12 - Aug 5 by QPR_Jim

They are willing to loan because it's low risk. They spend a fraction of what we would want for a sale and cover the wages for a season. They get a good chance to assess the players before spending big and ending up with them tied to the club for 3-4 years with nobody to sell them to.

From our point it reduces our costs on wages and boosts our finances with the fee to help us meets/get closer to the ffp targets. There's added risk/reward for us in that the players could do well and start a bidding war for their services next sumer or alternatively report back injured but that would be the same risk if we keep them.They could both get injuries next week and not play all season leaving us with millions of pounds of wages and no more chance of promotion.

Given that nobody's going to buy them after two relegations and neither want to stay and play (unlike green and onouha) I don't see what else the club could do. The bonus may just be selling one or both next season and boosting next years finances whilst other revenues reduce.

They are contracted to us. We tell them to play their arses off and they may get a club in for them in January.

Why we are loaning out players.... on 14:35 - Aug 5 with 1846 viewsdaveB

Why we are loaning out players.... on 12:24 - Aug 5 by toboboly

the loan deals haven;t been that bad, got a fee for them and wages paid, better than the loads we did for Granero and co when we last come down and just ended up still paying for them.

We could have kept them and gambled on promotion again but not sure we can get away with FFP if we do that
Why we are loaning out players.... on 14:36 - Aug 5 with 1840 viewsGloucs_R

Why we are loaning out players.... on 10:02 - Aug 5 by daveB

Leicester £12m

(honest they did)

Poll: Are we staying up?

Why we are loaning out players.... on 15:18 - Aug 5 with 1773 viewsdaveB

Why we are loaning out players.... on 14:36 - Aug 5 by Gloucs_R

Leicester £12m

(honest they did)

Forgot about that one, sure someone else will come in soon
Why we are loaning out players.... on 15:40 - Aug 5 with 1741 viewsJuzzie

We are loaning out players because we have no cards to hold. Other clubs are holding all the cards.

They know players like Caulker, Fer etc are on both high salaries and are hit-and-miss.

Why buy them and they turn out to be duff when they can loan then instead and hand them back if they don't work out. Even if they have to keep them for the duration of the whole season, that's still better than having to buy them on a three year contract.

If the player plays well, then the situation can be reviewed next May.

They also know we need to get the salary (or a big chunk of it) off our books.

Win-win for the loaning club and not much we can do about it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024