Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans to be breathalysed? 08:12 - May 2 with 6069 viewsJohnw102

Hope they extend that to cinema, theatre and concert goers who drink before their entertainment. Having a couple of pints before a game has been an established part of the day out for ever. After a long coach trip from S. Wales to London, Manchester, Liverpool a few pints before the game, with home fans is part of the enjoyment. Stewards already have the power to refuse entry to a ground to anyone they deem drunk, so leave well alone!

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/football-fans-to-be-breathalysed-before-mat

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Fans to be breathalysed? on 09:12 - May 2 with 2142 viewsdgt73

Fans to be breathalysed? on 09:09 - May 2 by Jackfath

That old Dimi used to say I was ranting when he was clearly out of his depth chatting to me. Don't be the same as him eh?

You are clearly under the influence of some mind altering substance this morning fath. So I'll leave you crack on.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Fans to be breathalysed? on 09:15 - May 2 with 2131 viewsJackfath

Fans to be breathalysed? on 09:12 - May 2 by dgt73

You are clearly under the influence of some mind altering substance this morning fath. So I'll leave you crack on.

Apology accepted. You've no more to say on the issue to start with childish digs.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Fans to be breathalysed? on 09:23 - May 2 with 2123 viewslifelong

Fans to be breathalysed? on 09:03 - May 2 by LeonisGod

Apparently the threshold being talked about is twice the legal driving limit. Which will apply to about 25% of our crowds I reckon. The east will be empty for a start.

If it was just for blind drunk fans they wouldn't need the test. It's all meaningless anyway as people will still be able to load up in the ground. Maybe it's just a ploy to increase club bar sales?

Bonkers.

I agree, it's just unnecessary.
Fans to be breathalysed? on 09:45 - May 2 with 2092 viewsOldjack

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:39 - May 2 by Jackfath

One member of this board spewed all over himself at a match due to excessive drinking.

Not a problem?

I wonder if there is a correlation between any public disorder at football matches and excessive drinking? What do you think?
[Post edited 2 May 2015 8:40]

who was that ?spill the beans sarnnn

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Fans to be breathalysed? on 09:50 - May 2 with 2084 viewsairedale

I enjoy a sarsaparilla at my club prior to the match.

I find it very refreshing and good for my vocal cords.

Come on chaps, come on you whites! [I shout].
[Post edited 2 May 2015 9:53]
Fans to be breathalysed? on 10:46 - May 2 with 2052 viewsSenhin

How many theatres and cinemas have big brawls and people threatening each other over the outcome of the show/film frequently?

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Fans to be breathalysed? on 11:38 - May 2 with 2028 viewsairedale

Fans to be breathalysed? on 10:46 - May 2 by Senhin

How many theatres and cinemas have big brawls and people threatening each other over the outcome of the show/film frequently?

Used to be quite common in the Lido in Gorseinon.
Fans to be breathalysed? on 12:27 - May 2 with 2013 viewsmax936

Just checked the date as I thought it was April the 1st, ffs whatever next, dear god.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Fans to be breathalysed? on 13:34 - May 2 with 1965 viewsSenhin

Fans to be breathalysed? on 11:38 - May 2 by airedale

Used to be quite common in the Lido in Gorseinon.

I stand corrected.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Fans to be breathalysed? on 16:15 - May 2 with 1940 viewslovejuicejack

Yet another attack on our freedoms, what next blood tests in the queue.
Fans to be breathalysed? on 17:05 - May 2 with 1919 viewsGroo

Spreading

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3065258/Breath-test-Big-Mac-Customers-fo

Groo does what Groo does best

Fans to be breathalysed? on 17:07 - May 2 with 1916 viewslovejuicejack

Fans to be breathalysed? on 17:05 - May 2 by Groo

Spreading

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3065258/Breath-test-Big-Mac-Customers-fo

You should be drug tested if you put that sh1t down your neck.
Fans to be breathalysed? on 19:02 - May 2 with 1884 viewsBaglanswan1992

I went to watch us play Derby a few years ago in the championship when we lost 2-1. There was a unbelievable amount of drunk people there, one guy in particular was so pissed he clearly did not know what was going on throughtout the game and just started swearing and throwing himself into people. He was not thrown out when I think he should because he ruined the experience for everyone siting near him.

And at Cardiff a few years ago when emnes scored the winner a guy was so pissed he threw his pint at the TV when Dave Jones came on the screen. He was chucked out

At QPR when we drew 1-1 under Souza I remember a guy being refused entry because he was hammered (he couldn't speak and did not know where the turnstiles were, just wandering around with a ticket in his hand shouting)I think the stewards were right there

Since these incidents I think people should be breathised because it's not the people having a few pints being the problem, it's the people who drink their body's worth in alcohol that are the issues. You would have to be really pissed to fail those tests by the way so I wouldn't worry about havering 2-3, if you had 6-7 then you would have problems.
Fans to be breathalysed? on 01:34 - May 3 with 1811 viewsDull1Thomas

A greater problem will arise when you tell the spotty youth he can stick his tub along with his video camera where the sun don't shine.
And maybe, as arrests at grounds are at an all time low the police need to invent reasons for their overtime and outrageous numbers on duty.

Because I always drive to a game I never drink on match days (not until the night) anyway but taking away someone's right to a few drinks is shocking.
Will they stop selling booze inside the ground? I doubt it.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Fans to be breathalysed? on 02:13 - May 3 with 1798 viewscontroversial_jack

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:40 - May 2 by dgt73

Yes without doubt. Not only will you end up in court, but you could also get a 3 yr ban.

No. Stewards won't have the power to prosecute, it would have to be a police officer.
Fans to be breathalysed? on 07:02 - May 3 with 1797 viewsdgt73

Fans to be breathalysed? on 02:13 - May 3 by controversial_jack

No. Stewards won't have the power to prosecute, it would have to be a police officer.

I know. That's what i said.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:11 - May 3 with 1782 viewsepaul

At the Bury match in 2005 how many were leathered going in, one mate got nicked for it outside the ground (boy his wife wasnt happy having to load the kids in the car and driving up to bail him out!!!!) I just managed to get another mate to shut his mouth before he was going to get nicked!

I'm all for people having a few jars before the match, I thoroughly enjoy a few prematch wets myself but seeing people legless inside a ground is just stupid, why do they need to get in that state

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:27 - May 3 with 1773 viewsjackportis

Perhaps you may be able to buy ranges of herbal teas in nearby pubs to sooth and calm? What a great idea. Refs would be appreciated more, no agro aimed at away fans its got to be worth a go. While we are at it ban smoking in public filthy habbit.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:34 - May 3 with 1767 viewsAngelRangelQS

I can see why you may want to refuse entry to incredibly drunk people but twice the legal drink drive limit amounts to what, 4 pints something like that?

Ridiculous

I wonder if they'd breathalyse those drinking in the corporate hospitality sections
Fans to be breathalysed? on 09:43 - May 3 with 1747 viewsexiledclaseboy

Pathetic idea. Anyone who acquiesces to a non-mandatory breath test carried out by someone with no power to do so is a fool.

Poll: Tory leader

Fans to be breathalysed? on 09:47 - May 3 with 1745 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:26 - May 2 by Jackfath

Let's get some perspective here.

I really don't think they will be stopping people who have had a few pints. Rather the odd one or two who can hardly stand, or indeed caused some concern the previous home match due to excessive drinking.

But they're actively seeking fewer people standing! These stewards can't have their cake AND eat it

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Fans to be breathalysed? on 09:50 - May 3 with 1742 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:39 - May 2 by Jackfath

One member of this board spewed all over himself at a match due to excessive drinking.

Not a problem?

I wonder if there is a correlation between any public disorder at football matches and excessive drinking? What do you think?
[Post edited 2 May 2015 8:40]

And he wet himself too. I'm warming to this idea already

Fans to be breathalysed? on 10:05 - May 3 with 1719 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Fans to be breathalysed? on 08:57 - May 2 by dgt73

I do wonder about educational standards when i read your posts on here fath. Honestly haven't got a clue what you are ranting about .
[Post edited 2 May 2015 8:59]

Yes. Especially when you can't read or comprehend what he's writing in plain English. What school did you go to?

Fans to be breathalysed? on 10:14 - May 3 with 1711 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I have a plan to help Alan and his drinking buddies out and at the same time protest at this ridiculous scheme.

Everyone, man , woman, child and OAP who haven't consumed a drop of alcohol should all stagger up to the stewards muttering something along the lines of "you're my best mate you are" and upon testing and subsequent passing of the breath test should just walk in normally. This should allow some of the real drunks to get in unnoticed.

Fans to be breathalysed? on 10:30 - May 3 with 1696 viewss1ackjack

Fans to be breathalysed? on 17:05 - May 2 by Groo

Spreading

In the article the steward at the Cambridge game looks pissed and about to fall over.

The real slackjack .... beware of imposters! They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ......... Enough said!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024