Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfers 20:37 - Apr 28 with 5990 viewsBaglanswan1992

Now the summer is coming and the season nearly over who do you think we will sigh? We need a top quality striker who has experience of top flight leagues and a back up for taylor for sure.

But I want to see us bring more of the kids through due to their fantastic season with the under 21s. We need to start getting the younger kids challenging the senior pros. I think we will be better of in the long run and if we sell someone who has come through the under 21s bigger clubs will pay stupid money for someone who has only played for a season and a half(I.E Ben)

Thoughts?
Transfers on 14:39 - Apr 29 with 1961 viewsAustinIsOurHero

So are 'traditional' scouts a thing of the past then?

The bigger clubs have a network of scouts across the globe, but how many scouted targets actually join a club?

Someone like Jimmy Carr at Newcastle had a good reputation and put Pardew's team together... look where they are now!

I knew we appointed Middlesbrough's scout a few years back, but as far as I can tell, Monk identifies his targets having discussed them with Huw, then he goes & gets them... (In an ideal world)

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Transfers on 14:58 - Apr 29 with 1948 viewsMagicDaps

Wayne Hennessey - Crystal Palace
George Friend - Middlesbrough
Bakary Sako - Wolves
Patrick Bamford - Chelsea (loan)
Fabio Borini - Liverpool

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Transfers on 15:02 - Apr 29 with 1942 viewsDull1Thomas

Transfers on 13:37 - Apr 29 by Far_Post

In a perfect world this is what I would like to see us do in the transfer market this summer

IN

New sub keeper
Left back
Michu Back, Fit and Motivated
Winger
Striker

OUT

Tremmel
Jazz
Tiendalli
Dyer - Bit harsh on Nathan but it is unlikely we would carry 5 wingers with a new signing, Montero, Routledge and Barrow.
Oliveira - With Michu and a new striker coming in would he be willing to stay as a 3rd/4th choice?

Can't agree with the released player list.
We are unlikely to bring in a ''keeper as second string who is better than Tremmel & we aren't big enough as yet to have the luxury of two '1st choice' goalkeepers. We saw what Vorm thought of Fab coming in (that finding out about the transfer in a n interview.
Jazz is competent across the back four and could easily understudy Cork. He did very well early in the season but, unfortunately, suffers from 'coming from Swansea' syndrome.
Tiendalli - yes, he needs to be playing regularly and won't do that here but another player who is not as bad as he's made out to be - certainly a better understudy than Amat at left back.
Dyer showed he's still got it against Newcastle even though he's had little game time of late.
Dyer, Montero, Routledge and Barrow all released? Well , all I can conclude from that is route one down the centre of the field is your thing.
Oliveira - not sure we'd get a better option but he's most likely to return to Portugal after his loan especially if they ask the £6,000,000 mentioned at the end of last season. My take is that he's been as effective (although different) as Gomis within the number of minutes he's played.
I believe it would make more sense to off load Gomis as his age and wage is definitely against him.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Transfers on 15:20 - Apr 29 with 1919 viewsmacthejack

Transfers on 09:40 - Apr 29 by Dull1Thomas

Ki would be a huge loss, Jonjo no loss at all imo. The little we gain from Shelvey is massively outweighed by his overall play (Saturday, when he was under control was an exception).

Have you ever been happy about anything?

Maybe football isn't the leisure interest for you, it doesn't seem to bring you much happiness.
Transfers on 15:36 - Apr 29 with 1899 viewstomdickharry

Top of the list way out in front of anybody else should be Mitrovic,if Gomis doesn't like playing second fiddle to a quality young striker then bye bye and get another young quality striker. Talk about beating this season points total next season will be pie in the sky unless quality is signed and then it will be tough.
Transfers on 16:03 - Apr 29 with 1879 viewsDull1Thomas

Transfers on 15:20 - Apr 29 by macthejack

Have you ever been happy about anything?

Maybe football isn't the leisure interest for you, it doesn't seem to bring you much happiness.

There
We
Are
Then

Shouldn't you be finishing you homework or something?

Transfers on 17:20 - Apr 29 with 1841 viewsDr_Winston

Transfers on 13:37 - Apr 29 by Far_Post

In a perfect world this is what I would like to see us do in the transfer market this summer

IN

New sub keeper
Left back
Michu Back, Fit and Motivated
Winger
Striker

OUT

Tremmel
Jazz
Tiendalli
Dyer - Bit harsh on Nathan but it is unlikely we would carry 5 wingers with a new signing, Montero, Routledge and Barrow.
Oliveira - With Michu and a new striker coming in would he be willing to stay as a 3rd/4th choice?

There's no guarantees that Barrow will become worthy of a place in the squad, so to just ditch Dyer for the sake of it seems unnecessary. I'd also suggest that expecting Michu to do much beyond clog up one treatment table on returning is a bit optimistic too.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Transfers on 17:37 - Apr 29 with 1830 viewstomdickharry

Barrow, what is it with this player,he is nowhere near as good as Dyer.
Login to get fewer ads

Transfers on 18:35 - Apr 29 with 1783 viewsDull1Thomas

Transfers on 17:37 - Apr 29 by tomdickharry

Agree on that - Barrow showed he's fast, plays a superb first time ball and can cross but Dyer is fast, plays a good first ball (OK crosses are a bit off but he rarely has more than one player to aim at), reads the game well, tracks back effectively and is better in the air (sounds daft but Nathan wins quite a few headers).
Having been to Barrow's home town of Norrköping I have a bit of a soft spot for him. Ayew would be great but I still think we are being mentioned to boost interest and price for his move elsewhere. I would prefer to take a punt on Redmond of Norwich, still only 21 and 140ish senior games in the Championships and Prem. Doesn't score often though.

Transfers on 00:16 - Apr 30 with 1700 viewsSwansNZ

He had one good run against Arsenal.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Transfers on 07:11 - Apr 30 with 1651 viewsjack247

Barrow is still raw. I don't see him or Gorre being much more than occasional squad players next season. I can't see us letting Dyer go unless he gets unhappy with lack,of game time and wants a move. I'd see Emnes' position under more threat than Dyers, particularly if we bring another striker in
Transfers on 08:40 - Apr 30 with 1612 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Transfers on 07:11 - Apr 30 by jack247

Barrow is still raw. I don't see him or Gorre being much more than occasional squad players next season. I can't see us letting Dyer go unless he gets unhappy with lack,of game time and wants a move. I'd see Emnes' position under more threat than Dyers, particularly if we bring another striker in

I don't think Dyer will go. He would have kicked up a fuss about the lack of game time already if he was unhappy.

I think if he moved, he wouldn't be much more of a squad player wherever he goes. He's on a good thing here & he knows it.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Transfers on 10:01 - Apr 30 with 1567 viewsJackSomething

Transfers on 15:02 - Apr 29 by Dull1Thomas

Can't agree with the released player list.
We are unlikely to bring in a ''keeper as second string who is better than Tremmel & we aren't big enough as yet to have the luxury of two '1st choice' goalkeepers. We saw what Vorm thought of Fab coming in (that finding out about the transfer in a n interview.
Jazz is competent across the back four and could easily understudy Cork. He did very well early in the season but, unfortunately, suffers from 'coming from Swansea' syndrome.
Tiendalli - yes, he needs to be playing regularly and won't do that here but another player who is not as bad as he's made out to be - certainly a better understudy than Amat at left back.
Dyer showed he's still got it against Newcastle even though he's had little game time of late.
Dyer, Montero, Routledge and Barrow all released? Well , all I can conclude from that is route one down the centre of the field is your thing.
Oliveira - not sure we'd get a better option but he's most likely to return to Portugal after his loan especially if they ask the £6,000,000 mentioned at the end of last season. My take is that he's been as effective (although different) as Gomis within the number of minutes he's played.
I believe it would make more sense to off load Gomis as his age and wage is definitely against him.

I think you need to read it again. Far Post wasn't advocating releasing all our wingers. That would be as dull as paying £6m for Oliveira would be.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Transfers on 12:00 - Apr 30 with 1527 viewsDull1Thomas

Transfers on 10:01 - Apr 30 by JackSomething

I think you need to read it again. Far Post wasn't advocating releasing all our wingers. That would be as dull as paying £6m for Oliveira would be.

Apologies.
Multitasking isn't for me!

Transfers on 01:20 - May 1 with 1434 viewsdameedna

Michu, Austin and Olssen would be good.

Don't know the wingers mentioned, will keep any eye out. I hope we spoke to Sinclair. If Villa go down, we should. We may have to swap Michu above for a winger.

Other options on the wing include Cristiano Ronaldo though I think I would prefer Neymar, as he is younger. To be fair, they both come with dodgy hairstyle tendencies and we already have Gomis, Emnes, Fernandez and Taylor pushing the boundaries and possibly Michu
Transfers on 18:14 - May 1 with 1275 viewsDafyddHuw

Transfers on 07:36 - Apr 29 by builthjack

Bradford Jamieson. LA Galaxy winger. Looks a fantastic player, only 18. Get him before one of the big European clubs do.

That Jamieson - big in Llandrindod, apparently
Transfers on 18:50 - May 1 with 1234 viewsFlashberryjack

Transfers on 09:40 - Apr 29 by Dull1Thomas

Ki would be a huge loss, Jonjo no loss at all imo. The little we gain from Shelvey is massively outweighed by his overall play (Saturday, when he was under control was an exception).

"Jonjo no loss at all IMO"
Everyone's entitled to an opinion ......but I'd doubt very much if many would agree with you on that one.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Transfers on 19:16 - May 1 with 1213 viewsDull1Thomas

Transfers on 18:50 - May 1 by Flashberryjack

"Jonjo no loss at all IMO"
Everyone's entitled to an opinion ......but I'd doubt very much if many would agree with you on that one.

All about opinions
but
'If fifty million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.' ~Anatole France

Transfers on 19:20 - May 1 with 1207 viewsThornburyswan

Transfers on 19:16 - May 1 by Dull1Thomas

All about opinions
but
'If fifty million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.' ~Anatole France

"Opinions are like orgasms, mine's more important than yours & sometimes I don't even care if you have one" ;-)
Transfers on 09:18 - May 2 with 1115 viewsexiledinenglandjack

We are linked with Micheal Antonio from Forest, would definitely take a look at him at the right price 12 goals and 15 assists this season!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024