Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at the Election in May! 17:48 - Feb 13 with 237019 viewsR17ALE

Fair play, and good luck to 1Mark1.

I think this must be a first. It also would be good to have an MP who is a genuine fan of a lower league club, and not some plastic fan who doesn't give a shit about the positives lower league football can produce.

I doubt Mark will reference his support of his hometown club in his green campaign, but I think it is well worth mentioning!

Good luck Mark!
[Post edited 13 Feb 2015 17:49]

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at the Election in May! on 16:23 - Feb 16 with 160333 viewsflyerdale

Vote Labour.
Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at Election in May! on 16:50 - Feb 16 with 160300 viewsTomRAFC

Still living in the North East at the Moment but Mark would have my vote if I were in Dale.

Good dale fan and an honest principled bloke.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at the Election in May! on 17:45 - Feb 16 with 160274 views1mark1

Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at the Election in May! on 11:01 - Feb 16 by ParkinsGimp

Cheers for standing Mark, gives me something to vote for now, I didnt see you in the list a few weeks back! And not seen or heard from you for a bit. LOL Busy campaigning now...good luck

Cheers, PG. Only just been confirmed as official candidate by Green HQ, after being voted in by local branch just before Christmas, or Winter Solstice time for those who believe in that.:)

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at Election in May! on 17:57 - Feb 16 with 160258 views1mark1

Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at Election in May! on 16:50 - Feb 16 by TomRAFC

Still living in the North East at the Moment but Mark would have my vote if I were in Dale.

Good dale fan and an honest principled bloke.

Cheers, Tom.

Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at the Election in May! on 18:30 - Feb 16 with 160218 viewsD_Alien

Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at the Election in May! on 17:45 - Feb 16 by 1mark1

Cheers, PG. Only just been confirmed as official candidate by Green HQ, after being voted in by local branch just before Christmas, or Winter Solstice time for those who believe in that.:)

No 1m1 - the winter solstice is real, no need to believe!!

[Post edited 16 Feb 2015 18:33]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at the Election in May! on 18:31 - Feb 16 with 160217 views1mark1

Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at the Election in May! on 15:11 - Feb 16 by Birchy915

http://rt.com/uk/226227-green-party-defence-force/

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/554004/Queen-HOMELESS-Green-Party-council-ho

I sympathise with people turning to the Greens, but the truth is you have to be red to be green, their policies are the closest thing we have to communism in the UK.
I can't deny that the Greens would bring "REAL change", but is it really the change we all want? I for one would rather not sacrifice the economy and our national security at a time when we are becoming increasingly embattled, for what? Britain alone cannot stop climate change, only the BRIC countries can.
Nor would I wish to damage tourism and destroy millennia of tradition by needlessly turfing out the Queen.
The Greens are a bunch of Marxist, Philistines who hold our culture and traditions in contempt and would rather live in a society that is impoverished but equal than a society were people are rewarded for their efforts.

I'm standing for the Conservatives in Hopwood next May.

Regarding the defence policy, I fully support us being a country that spends a realistic amount on a realistic army/defence force . I for one am sick of OUR people losing their lives fighting abroad, and wasting billions of ponds, in invasions and wars like Iraq, that do not benefit the country or it's people, and indeed have actually made more unsafe to live here .

I want to be defended, as and when required, and join in with the UN if and when required, in proper planned and agreed action. So I fully back the Green policy. Billions of pounds could be freed to pay for education, health, housing, social care etc.

Like me the Greens believe in a Republic, and having an elected President, and getting rid of unelected Lords, etc. We believe Europe should be greatly democratised as well, too many un-elected people run our lives both here and in Europe.

I believe people come to see the Palaces, Tower Of London and other places, and not to see the Queen or other members of the Royal Family, but to see the many fantastic buildings etc. Any one with sense can tell it was a throwaway comment regarding the Queen going into a Council house, anyway she could join the housing waiting list-joking. She would still have her own private wealth, including some of her own properties, and the rest that belong to the State can be turned into good use for the country and or it's people, possibly being sold.

Climate change is indeed an international problem, however bringing in more renewables will benefit this country, financially, environmentally, as well as getting away from being reliant on Russian gas oligarchs and Middle Eastern Oil barons. All of this will take time, of course.

The second to last paragraph, is quite frankly a load of rubbish, I could turn around and say ALL Tories hate the working classes, but I won't because it isn't true. Basically Greens believe in a more equal and fair society, obviously the Tories , don't, as they believe that "trickle down economics", will sort everything and everyone out, clearly that's not the case, as we have a lot of poverty in a very rich country.

Finally, well done for standing for election.

Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at the Election in May! on 18:33 - Feb 16 with 160209 views1mark1

Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at the Election in May! on 18:30 - Feb 16 by D_Alien

No 1m1 - the winter solstice is real, no need to believe!!

[Post edited 16 Feb 2015 18:33]

Totally agree. JUst don't want to be accused of being anti Christian.

Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at the Election in May! on 18:36 - Feb 16 with 160202 viewsD_Alien

Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at the Election in May! on 18:33 - Feb 16 by 1mark1

Totally agree. JUst don't want to be accused of being anti Christian.

I wouldn't worry too much about that, I don't think Christ would've believed in Christmas either!

Login to get fewer ads

Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at the Election in May! on 18:46 - Feb 16 with 160182 views1mark1

Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at the Election in May! on 18:36 - Feb 16 by D_Alien

I wouldn't worry too much about that, I don't think Christ would've believed in Christmas either!

Probably right. .

Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at the Election in May! on 19:13 - Feb 16 with 160155 viewsArthurDaley

Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at the Election in May! on 16:23 - Feb 16 by flyerdale

Vote Labour.

and ban bacon butties.

A large VAT Dave

Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at the Election in May! on 19:20 - Feb 16 with 160145 viewsDomDale

Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at the Election in May! on 15:11 - Feb 16 by Birchy915

http://rt.com/uk/226227-green-party-defence-force/

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/554004/Queen-HOMELESS-Green-Party-council-ho

I sympathise with people turning to the Greens, but the truth is you have to be red to be green, their policies are the closest thing we have to communism in the UK.
I can't deny that the Greens would bring "REAL change", but is it really the change we all want? I for one would rather not sacrifice the economy and our national security at a time when we are becoming increasingly embattled, for what? Britain alone cannot stop climate change, only the BRIC countries can.
Nor would I wish to damage tourism and destroy millennia of tradition by needlessly turfing out the Queen.
The Greens are a bunch of Marxist, Philistines who hold our culture and traditions in contempt and would rather live in a society that is impoverished but equal than a society were people are rewarded for their efforts.

I'm standing for the Conservatives in Hopwood next May.

You lost me when you quoted the Express. Populist shite written for folk who can't make their own minds up.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at the Election in May! on 21:06 - Feb 16 with 160083 viewsrod_leach

Well done for standing Mark. I'll be voting for Liz McInnes here in Norden. I agree with a lot of the Green's ideas but I really don't want to let UKIP in.
Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at the Election in May! on 22:31 - Feb 16 with 160048 viewsSandyman

As a curmudgeonly old bolshie barsteward, I've kept out of this one in case I burst a brain vessel arguing , but 1mark1 definitely has my vote. Brave of you to stand, and all the best.

VOTE 1mark1

PS - and all those Tory lies above about people being rewarded for their efforts posted earlier - what an absolute crock of shite. Loads of people are going out there and working bloody hard for rubbish wages. A favoured few are doing nowt and getting humungous rewards for snaking their way into being CEO's and getting tax breaks galore as a consequence. The Tories love poor workers wages and extreme rewards for their friends in the boardrooms. Nowt to do with hard graft, all about looking after their mates. Rant over.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2015 22:40]
Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at the Election in May! on 22:43 - Feb 16 with 160035 viewsR17ALE

Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at the Election in May! on 19:13 - Feb 16 by ArthurDaley

and ban bacon butties.

Is it just me, or am I wrong in thinking Ed is a bury fan? He certainly looks like one!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at the Election in May! on 22:47 - Feb 16 with 160026 views49thseason

Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at the Election in May! on 22:43 - Feb 16 by R17ALE

Is it just me, or am I wrong in thinking Ed is a bury fan? He certainly looks like one!

I just wish he would finish painting that bloody ceiling and wash his hair properly!
Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at the Election in May! on 23:07 - Feb 16 with 1871 viewsD_Alien

Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at the Election in May! on 22:43 - Feb 16 by R17ALE

I expect PDIDDY looks pretty similar during the pre-match nosh-up.

Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at the Election in May! on 14:52 - Feb 17 with 1766 viewsBirchy915

Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at the Election in May! on 18:31 - Feb 16 by 1mark1

Regarding the defence policy, I fully support us being a country that spends a realistic amount on a realistic army/defence force . I for one am sick of OUR people losing their lives fighting abroad, and wasting billions of ponds, in invasions and wars like Iraq, that do not benefit the country or it's people, and indeed have actually made more unsafe to live here .

I want to be defended, as and when required, and join in with the UN if and when required, in proper planned and agreed action. So I fully back the Green policy. Billions of pounds could be freed to pay for education, health, housing, social care etc.

Like me the Greens believe in a Republic, and having an elected President, and getting rid of unelected Lords, etc. We believe Europe should be greatly democratised as well, too many un-elected people run our lives both here and in Europe.

I believe people come to see the Palaces, Tower Of London and other places, and not to see the Queen or other members of the Royal Family, but to see the many fantastic buildings etc. Any one with sense can tell it was a throwaway comment regarding the Queen going into a Council house, anyway she could join the housing waiting list-joking. She would still have her own private wealth, including some of her own properties, and the rest that belong to the State can be turned into good use for the country and or it's people, possibly being sold.

Climate change is indeed an international problem, however bringing in more renewables will benefit this country, financially, environmentally, as well as getting away from being reliant on Russian gas oligarchs and Middle Eastern Oil barons. All of this will take time, of course.

The second to last paragraph, is quite frankly a load of rubbish, I could turn around and say ALL Tories hate the working classes, but I won't because it isn't true. Basically Greens believe in a more equal and fair society, obviously the Tories , don't, as they believe that "trickle down economics", will sort everything and everyone out, clearly that's not the case, as we have a lot of poverty in a very rich country.

Finally, well done for standing for election.

"Regarding the defence policy, I fully support us being a country that spends a realistic amount on a realistic army/defence force ." How much is that? I'd venture it should be our NATO obligation of 2% of GDP, a reasonable figure considering that the USA spend over 50% of their income on Defence.

"I for one am sick of OUR people losing their lives fighting abroad" But you'd be quite happy to see them out of a job?

"having an elected President" Because whoever gets that job will be much better value for money than the queen? I think not.

"We believe Europe should be greatly democratised as well" And you think that's going to happen any time soon? UKIP have the majority of MEP's, the people want out of Europe and its not just here, its all across Europe.

"I believe people come to see the Palaces, Tower Of London and other places, and not to see the Queen or other members of the Royal Family" Oh so for the Royal Wedding they all just came to look at Westminster, for the Queens Jubilee they were just having an oggle at the Thames in the rain, when Prince George was born they were just checking out the hospital facilities, they had absolutely no interest in seeing a 1000 year dynasty, a woman who's face is on the currency of over 30 countries including India, Canada and Australia.

"and the rest that belong to the State can be turned into good use for the country and or it's people" You know what those houses are really good for? Tourism! You know why? Because the Queen lives there.
"possibly being sold." Oh so that's the Green parties big idea is it? Don't worry about the deficit, we're going to sell Buckingham Palace.....wonder who would by it? Some Abu Dhabi Prince no doubt......Oh no thats right you're quite keen on "getting away from being reliant on Russian gas oligarchs and Middle Eastern Oil barons". "The second to last paragraph, is quite frankly a load of rubbish" Literally everything you have written is rubbish, you're completely out of touch with how the world works and so are your party.

This town has been run by Labour and the Liberals for time immemorial and its a hole, commendable that you're standing up for what you believe in but lets just have a go and see if the capitalists can do any better, it's never made any sense to me electing people who reject the system we all live under, it's like trying to build a house in the middle of the river when you should be building a boat.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2015 14:55]

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.

Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at the Election in May! on 15:56 - Feb 17 with 1736 viewsTomRAFC

Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at the Election in May! on 14:52 - Feb 17 by Birchy915

"Regarding the defence policy, I fully support us being a country that spends a realistic amount on a realistic army/defence force ." How much is that? I'd venture it should be our NATO obligation of 2% of GDP, a reasonable figure considering that the USA spend over 50% of their income on Defence.

"I for one am sick of OUR people losing their lives fighting abroad" But you'd be quite happy to see them out of a job?

"having an elected President" Because whoever gets that job will be much better value for money than the queen? I think not.

"We believe Europe should be greatly democratised as well" And you think that's going to happen any time soon? UKIP have the majority of MEP's, the people want out of Europe and its not just here, its all across Europe.

"I believe people come to see the Palaces, Tower Of London and other places, and not to see the Queen or other members of the Royal Family" Oh so for the Royal Wedding they all just came to look at Westminster, for the Queens Jubilee they were just having an oggle at the Thames in the rain, when Prince George was born they were just checking out the hospital facilities, they had absolutely no interest in seeing a 1000 year dynasty, a woman who's face is on the currency of over 30 countries including India, Canada and Australia.

"and the rest that belong to the State can be turned into good use for the country and or it's people" You know what those houses are really good for? Tourism! You know why? Because the Queen lives there.
"possibly being sold." Oh so that's the Green parties big idea is it? Don't worry about the deficit, we're going to sell Buckingham Palace.....wonder who would by it? Some Abu Dhabi Prince no doubt......Oh no thats right you're quite keen on "getting away from being reliant on Russian gas oligarchs and Middle Eastern Oil barons". "The second to last paragraph, is quite frankly a load of rubbish" Literally everything you have written is rubbish, you're completely out of touch with how the world works and so are your party.

This town has been run by Labour and the Liberals for time immemorial and its a hole, commendable that you're standing up for what you believe in but lets just have a go and see if the capitalists can do any better, it's never made any sense to me electing people who reject the system we all live under, it's like trying to build a house in the middle of the river when you should be building a boat.

"This town has been run by Labour and the Liberals for time immemorial and its a hole"

Is that you Bastien?!

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at the Election in May! on 18:11 - Feb 17 with 1693 views1mark1

Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at the Election in May! on 19:20 - Feb 16 by DomDale

You lost me when you quoted the Express. Populist shite written for folk who can't make their own minds up.

See that's the thing. Some people are believing newspapers regarding Green Party policies instead of finding out the facts themselves. It's like trusting the Morning Star to give a favorable review of Tory policies. And pro Labour papers will also do their best to get their readers to be against the Greens, so they don't turn away from Labour.

All of the policies are available on their website. http://manifesto.greenparty.org.uk/

Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at the Election in May! on 18:12 - Feb 17 with 1690 viewsBirchy915

Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at the Election in May! on 15:56 - Feb 17 by TomRAFC

"This town has been run by Labour and the Liberals for time immemorial and its a hole"

Is that you Bastien?!

Shhh, I'm just doing it to get another tour of the Baum ;)

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.

Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at the Election in May! on 18:12 - Feb 17 with 1689 views1mark1

Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at the Election in May! on 22:31 - Feb 16 by Sandyman

As a curmudgeonly old bolshie barsteward, I've kept out of this one in case I burst a brain vessel arguing , but 1mark1 definitely has my vote. Brave of you to stand, and all the best.

VOTE 1mark1

PS - and all those Tory lies above about people being rewarded for their efforts posted earlier - what an absolute crock of shite. Loads of people are going out there and working bloody hard for rubbish wages. A favoured few are doing nowt and getting humungous rewards for snaking their way into being CEO's and getting tax breaks galore as a consequence. The Tories love poor workers wages and extreme rewards for their friends in the boardrooms. Nowt to do with hard graft, all about looking after their mates. Rant over.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2015 22:40]

Thanks for your support.

I agree with your post.

Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at the Election in May! on 18:27 - Feb 17 with 1674 viewsflyerdale

Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at the Election in May! on 18:12 - Feb 17 by 1mark1

Thanks for your support.

I agree with your post.

Mark I wish you all the best of luck but I won't be moving my vote over to the Greens as I will begrudgingly voting for Labour again as I feel Rochdale is more of a marginal seat than some believe and we need as many seats as possible to get rid of those anti working class bafoons the tories at Westminster. I agree with a lot of the Greens policies but not on some others.

I'm hoping the recent shift in interest in the greens from labour will wake up the powers that be at labour HQ and take the party back into the hands of the normal working class not the political elite. We are stuck with Milliband as leader and need to push on with him now, I just hope he gets shut of people like Tristram Hunt if he were to form a government (probably with the SNP) that man is a fool.
Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at the Election in May! on 18:27 - Feb 17 with 1674 viewsBirchy915

Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at the Election in May! on 18:54 - Feb 17 with 1652 views1mark1

Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at the Election in May! on 14:52 - Feb 17 by Birchy915

After a proper review of what's needed to properly DEFEND the country, then it will be known how much will be required. Any military personnel losing their jobs will be given decent redundancy payments and full help in finding alternative, employment.

Regarding keeping the monarchy, or not, it is a matter of OPINION that it is better than having a republic. Personally I would rather be able to vote out my head of state, rather than having one reliant on being born to a particular family. It would certainly be no more expensive having an elected head of state, probably be cheaper, but it is the principal of democracy.

The group UKIP belong to in the EP only has 48 members, compared to the the two biggest groups, 221 and 191 . In fact it is the SMALLEST group in the EP. The pro European parties easily out number the anti Euro parties as far as elected MEPs from the UK.
http://www.elections2014.eu/en

Yes many people turn out to see those occasions involving the Royal family ( and many don't support in anyway) , but many opinion polls are showing a closing gap between those wanting the current system or those wanting a republic. If there was a referendum, it may well be the case the public would choose Republicanism.

As far as the current Royal palaces, they would probably be kept as tourist attractions, just like Tower of London etc, people would still visit. In FRance , Russia and other places that no longer have a monarchy, former royal palaces etc are visited by many people. I personally think keeping all of these buildings as tourist attractions would be the best option. And even IF the odd ex Royal premises was bought by a Middle Eastern Prince, it's nothing like what we have now in which a MASSIVE part of our economy, fuel and power is run by foreign billionaires.

It's your OPINION that I and the Greens are out of touch, that charge could be laid at your Party's door.

Don't forget , but the Tories have also been part of running the Council over the years, as well as Libs and Lab, and quite frankly, all of these parties are well and truly part of the capitalists.

Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at the Election in May! on 19:09 - Feb 17 with 1639 viewsTalkingSutty

Popular messageboarder standing for Rochdale at the Election in May! on 18:54 - Feb 17 by 1mark1

After a proper review of what's needed to properly DEFEND the country, then it will be known how much will be required. Any military personnel losing their jobs will be given decent redundancy payments and full help in finding alternative, employment.

Regarding keeping the monarchy, or not, it is a matter of OPINION that it is better than having a republic. Personally I would rather be able to vote out my head of state, rather than having one reliant on being born to a particular family. It would certainly be no more expensive having an elected head of state, probably be cheaper, but it is the principal of democracy.

The group UKIP belong to in the EP only has 48 members, compared to the the two biggest groups, 221 and 191 . In fact it is the SMALLEST group in the EP. The pro European parties easily out number the anti Euro parties as far as elected MEPs from the UK.
http://www.elections2014.eu/en

Yes many people turn out to see those occasions involving the Royal family ( and many don't support in anyway) , but many opinion polls are showing a closing gap between those wanting the current system or those wanting a republic. If there was a referendum, it may well be the case the public would choose Republicanism.

As far as the current Royal palaces, they would probably be kept as tourist attractions, just like Tower of London etc, people would still visit. In FRance , Russia and other places that no longer have a monarchy, former royal palaces etc are visited by many people. I personally think keeping all of these buildings as tourist attractions would be the best option. And even IF the odd ex Royal premises was bought by a Middle Eastern Prince, it's nothing like what we have now in which a MASSIVE part of our economy, fuel and power is run by foreign billionaires.

It's your OPINION that I and the Greens are out of touch, that charge could be laid at your Party's door.

Don't forget , but the Tories have also been part of running the Council over the years, as well as Libs and Lab, and quite frankly, all of these parties are well and truly part of the capitalists.

Interesting comments regarding the Monarchy, thank god you are in the minority.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024