Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Talktalk 20:47 - Jan 19 with 2002 viewsswancity

Just had a bill charging me £39-12 for making just 4 calls to directory enquiries!

Queried this with them. Talktalk say its a normal charge for directory enquiries and comparable with our companies? Any idea?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Talktalk on 20:49 - Jan 19 with 1993 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Great thread. Thanks for starting it.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Talktalk on 20:51 - Jan 19 with 1974 viewsdickythorpe

It is about 50p a minute if not more.

How long were the duration of the calls?
Talktalk on 20:53 - Jan 19 with 1965 viewsdickythorpe

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-2467616/How-beat-118-directory-

£2.39 a min!!!!!!!!
Talktalk on 20:53 - Jan 19 with 1964 viewslifelong

Talktalk on 20:51 - Jan 19 by dickythorpe

It is about 50p a minute if not more.

How long were the duration of the calls?

78.12 minutes.
Talktalk on 20:53 - Jan 19 with 1963 viewsjackportis

try google for the numbers you want. as long as plebs ring them they will charge this much.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Talktalk on 20:54 - Jan 19 with 1956 viewsdickythorpe

Talktalk on 20:53 - Jan 19 by jackportis

try google for the numbers you want. as long as plebs ring them they will charge this much.

They stil charge you after connecting you the conning kents!!!!
Talktalk on 20:57 - Jan 19 with 1944 viewsjackportis

Talktalk on 20:54 - Jan 19 by dickythorpe

They stil charge you after connecting you the conning kents!!!!

When they give you the number they ask if you want to be connected. Just make note of number say no and hang up.. Jeez how hard is that... I think its more a fine for being stupid that they charge. That i agree with with

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Talktalk on 21:04 - Jan 19 with 1929 viewsgriffneath

I had the same problem a while ago. I kicked off with them and told them i would cancel my contract as there was no warning of the cost of the call. Pretty much guarantee they will refund some if not all of the charge if your firm enough, they wont want to lose a customer over £39
Login to get fewer ads

Talktalk on 21:44 - Jan 19 with 1893 viewsswansRus

It's baffling why anyone pays when this is free

http://www.thephonebook.bt.com/publisha.content/en/index.publisha#
Talktalk on 23:11 - Jan 19 with 1831 viewsepaul

http://www.saynoto0870.com/

beat the thieving b*stards at their own game

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Talktalk on 23:25 - Jan 19 with 1813 viewsNookiejack

It looks like BT were doing the same.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2551220/Fleeced-directory-enquiries-BT-f

In the above article it mentioned BT were also fined substantially by phonepayplus. So it may be worth contacting them - about TalkTalk.

http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/For-the-Public.aspx
Talktalk on 07:58 - Jan 20 with 1778 viewsAndy1300

For anyone on Virgin Media phone, you can call 118 180 free,

Number 1 team in Wales

Talktalk on 10:01 - Jan 20 with 1743 viewsSenhin

I had TalkTalk. Internet was fine for 2 weeks, then went. Over the course of 3 months I managed to get about 12 hours use out of it. I phoned them several times, eventually they decided to send an engineer which I had to wait 2 weeks for, so by that day it had been a month with no internet. They sent them to the wrong address... Which they decided to charge me £25 for...

I had to wait another 2 and a half weeks for an engineer, who this time actually turned up. He couldn't fix it and told me it would need to be a BT engineer as the problem is probably outside of my place. He put me on the phone to the people at talk talk who sort that out. I had to pick 3 possible days they would turn up on, so had to book those 3 off work. No one turned up.

A week after the dates had passed I phoned them again and explained. They said I'd have to do it again, so I picked another 3 days and had to book those off work again. I even phoned the day before the 3 days to ask if someone would actually be coming, and they said yes. No one came.

I phoned back and spoke to someone who actually seemed like he knew what was going on for once, he seemed to work out what actually was the problem and said that it would have to be a BT Engineer and that the way to do it is he would escalate the problem and someone else would contact me about arranging the appointment in 48 hours. No one did.

I phoned again and demanded to speak to someone higher up, and that I wanted to leave, and wanted compensation for the annual leave I had wasted etc. I was passed on to a Technical Manager. I've never spoken to someone so rude. She argued with me about everything, and said that on the records I'd never even booked an Engineer and I said that's just an example of how incompetent TalkTalk is. She kept insisting that the company do not do refunds, even though I had been paying for something I'd not been getting and completely ignored me every time I mentioned Trading Standards and Watchdog. She even said I'd have to pay the cancellation charge to get out of my contract early. She kept insisting that she will book a BT Engineer, and just kept arguing with me when I was saying I don't believe one will turn up. She practically ended the conversation saying she will book one and someone will get in touch with me. I told her to do that and in the mean time I will get in touch with Trading Standards.

The next morning I had a text from TalkTalk saying my fault had been closed as it was now resolved. I phoned them again and asked how I get copies of all the recordings they use for training purposes so I can show my recordings. They said I'd have to write and send a cheque to a certain address. I googled this address before doing so and phoned the number there just to check what recordings they had and if they were gonna claim they didn't have the meaningful ones. This was TalkTalk business who aren't even the same people and wouldn't have my recordings... They themselves complained about residential TalkTalk and passed me though to someone in the sales team for the residential. They gave me a refund for all of my time since the fault and let me leave...

This is the short version without the hundreds of calls where they couldn't understand me, couldn't understand the bit about them needing to arrange access to the master socket as it's outside of my building (which was a 20min phone call where the last thing they said before I hung up was "So you're calling to report a fault?"), claiming I don't live at the address I live at (which is the only one I have lived at with them) etc

I am with BT now. Have been for 5 months. I decided on them because I thought at least they will be able to arrange a BT Engineer to fix the fault... There is no fault. I haven't had to phone them once, it's been working perfectly.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Talktalk on 10:15 - Jan 20 with 1736 viewsWarwickHunt

Thanks for proving my theory that only f*ckwits use these rip-off services.
Talktalk on 10:17 - Jan 20 with 1734 viewsCatullus

Talktalk on 10:01 - Jan 20 by Senhin

I had TalkTalk. Internet was fine for 2 weeks, then went. Over the course of 3 months I managed to get about 12 hours use out of it. I phoned them several times, eventually they decided to send an engineer which I had to wait 2 weeks for, so by that day it had been a month with no internet. They sent them to the wrong address... Which they decided to charge me £25 for...

I had to wait another 2 and a half weeks for an engineer, who this time actually turned up. He couldn't fix it and told me it would need to be a BT engineer as the problem is probably outside of my place. He put me on the phone to the people at talk talk who sort that out. I had to pick 3 possible days they would turn up on, so had to book those 3 off work. No one turned up.

A week after the dates had passed I phoned them again and explained. They said I'd have to do it again, so I picked another 3 days and had to book those off work again. I even phoned the day before the 3 days to ask if someone would actually be coming, and they said yes. No one came.

I phoned back and spoke to someone who actually seemed like he knew what was going on for once, he seemed to work out what actually was the problem and said that it would have to be a BT Engineer and that the way to do it is he would escalate the problem and someone else would contact me about arranging the appointment in 48 hours. No one did.

I phoned again and demanded to speak to someone higher up, and that I wanted to leave, and wanted compensation for the annual leave I had wasted etc. I was passed on to a Technical Manager. I've never spoken to someone so rude. She argued with me about everything, and said that on the records I'd never even booked an Engineer and I said that's just an example of how incompetent TalkTalk is. She kept insisting that the company do not do refunds, even though I had been paying for something I'd not been getting and completely ignored me every time I mentioned Trading Standards and Watchdog. She even said I'd have to pay the cancellation charge to get out of my contract early. She kept insisting that she will book a BT Engineer, and just kept arguing with me when I was saying I don't believe one will turn up. She practically ended the conversation saying she will book one and someone will get in touch with me. I told her to do that and in the mean time I will get in touch with Trading Standards.

The next morning I had a text from TalkTalk saying my fault had been closed as it was now resolved. I phoned them again and asked how I get copies of all the recordings they use for training purposes so I can show my recordings. They said I'd have to write and send a cheque to a certain address. I googled this address before doing so and phoned the number there just to check what recordings they had and if they were gonna claim they didn't have the meaningful ones. This was TalkTalk business who aren't even the same people and wouldn't have my recordings... They themselves complained about residential TalkTalk and passed me though to someone in the sales team for the residential. They gave me a refund for all of my time since the fault and let me leave...

This is the short version without the hundreds of calls where they couldn't understand me, couldn't understand the bit about them needing to arrange access to the master socket as it's outside of my building (which was a 20min phone call where the last thing they said before I hung up was "So you're calling to report a fault?"), claiming I don't live at the address I live at (which is the only one I have lived at with them) etc

I am with BT now. Have been for 5 months. I decided on them because I thought at least they will be able to arrange a BT Engineer to fix the fault... There is no fault. I haven't had to phone them once, it's been working perfectly.

I left Talktalk years ago because their customer service was utter garbage. All too often the person on the phone couldn't understand me, nor me them.
When we could understand each other, they denied the problem existed or that it was their fault.
And yes, all the problems you had with rudeness, people not turning up happened. As well as them apparently not having a recording of my calls which I wanted to complain about, though they did have a recording of me being abusive to them!!

I've been with Sky ever since. It's far from perfect (the internet cuts out if we use the housephone) but it's a huge improvement on TTalk. And I've never had a problem getting a discount either!!
Currently got the full package with 25% off.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Talktalk on 15:26 - Jan 20 with 1672 viewsSenhin

Talktalk on 10:17 - Jan 20 by Catullus

I left Talktalk years ago because their customer service was utter garbage. All too often the person on the phone couldn't understand me, nor me them.
When we could understand each other, they denied the problem existed or that it was their fault.
And yes, all the problems you had with rudeness, people not turning up happened. As well as them apparently not having a recording of my calls which I wanted to complain about, though they did have a recording of me being abusive to them!!

I've been with Sky ever since. It's far from perfect (the internet cuts out if we use the housephone) but it's a huge improvement on TTalk. And I've never had a problem getting a discount either!!

Do you have one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/TELEPHONE-ADSL-MICRO-FILTER-BROADBAND-WHITE/dp/B00JMG7UH plugged into every phone socket in your house? Even the ones that the phone or modem isn't connected to?

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Talktalk on 15:30 - Jan 20 with 1668 viewsllangyfelach

Lifes what you make it

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

Talktalk on 15:37 - Jan 20 with 1659 viewswaynekerr55

Talktalk on 10:17 - Jan 20 by Catullus

I'm with BT and haven't had a single problem

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Talktalk on 21:07 - Jan 20 with 1600 viewsdulaisjack

i switched to ee from bt 8 weeks ago big mistake, have to re boost router twice a day went without internet and phone for 8 days, customer service is crap, spent the last 25 yrs with bt and next to no problems get what you pay for only 10 months contract left then back to bt.
Talktalk on 22:30 - Jan 20 with 1577 viewsAndy1300

Talktalk on 21:07 - Jan 20 by dulaisjack

i switched to ee from bt 8 weeks ago big mistake, have to re boost router twice a day went without internet and phone for 8 days, customer service is crap, spent the last 25 yrs with bt and next to no problems get what you pay for only 10 months contract left then back to bt.

How do you re boost the router?

Do you mean reboot?

Number 1 team in Wales

Talktalk on 11:01 - Jan 21 with 1539 viewsCatullus

Talktalk on 15:26 - Jan 20 by Senhin

Do you have one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/TELEPHONE-ADSL-MICRO-FILTER-BROADBAND-WHITE/dp/B00JMG7UH plugged into every phone socket in your house? Even the ones that the phone or modem isn't connected to?

Yes. And I had all new filters and cables too when the problem first occurred.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024