Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
rip robin williams 00:03 - Aug 12 with 16797 viewsjackforever

Sad news. Apparent suicide at 63
rip robin williams on 09:21 - Aug 12 with 2037 viewsPrivate_Partz

rip robin williams on 09:04 - Aug 12 by perchrockjack

Hard to reply to the last post tbh.

I tell though though, I dealt with many hangings and they are no too bad to deal with as its normally pretty clean if done properly. Triane suicides are very common on Wirral as the line runs past several car homes and many oldies chuck themselves on to the tracks. They do a pretty good job but the co op funeral chaps have a bit of a job collecting the body parts to assemble for family viewing.

If you re in the frame of mind everything else is blanked out;family ,friends,colleagues.

We ve had unpleasant exchanges but I hope you re in a better place now BAKER

Very sad news and very sad news that fellow Planet Swans members have been in a similar situation.
I was part of a group of friends who used to go drinking and cycling together. 9 years ago , whilst on holiday, I learned one mate had hanged himself in his attic.
There was an element of concern on his behalf as he was retiring and felt down about that. He was tight as a ducks ass and was concerned he would not have so much money coming in despite having pots in the bank as a result of his tightness.
The thing is none of us could see it coming. He was not deep or kept his cards to his chest. He was a very intelligent, funny bloke and was completely open about everything.
It left us shocked and to this day we often chat about and try to work if there is anything we could have done to have helped him.
Sometimes it can be a cry for help but it also seems that those that go ahead and do it often give little or no clues of their intentions.
Very very sad.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2014 9:22]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

rip robin williams on 09:28 - Aug 12 with 2029 viewsdickythorpe

Brave post Baker - hope you are better now.

As much as I appreciated Williams's career the fact is even as a celebrity and with all his millions and access to "Grade A" help the depression got the better of him.

To be a comedian I think you have to be slightly "barking", then when the novelty of fame rubs off and you get recognised everywhere and are expected to be on "top form" every time it must get difficult.

I'm sure they play up to cameras by being "barking" just to get a quick getaway.

I notice some of his later films were extremely serious and dark. Insomnia with Al Pacino is superb, and One Hour Photoshop is creepy beyond. You end up hating the characters Williams portrays.
rip robin williams on 09:29 - Aug 12 with 2027 viewsJackoBoostardo

rip robin williams on 08:54 - Aug 12 by Baker

Serious answer?

I reckon I'm going to regret this following post, but you never know, it may give me a little closure.

After years of drug and alcohol abuse, in Jan 2012 I found myself sitting by a railway track near Newport, ready to throw myself in front of a train because of the 'depression' I had been suffering with for the previous six months had hit an all time high (or is that low?).

I shit out (obviously, sorry about that, haters) because I realised what affect my actions would have on others. So I set about rebuilding my life mostly by myself and with a little help of one person that is close to me.

I make no apology for my comments towards a rich, selfish, c*nt that had probably one of the worlds best support systems in place to cope with his 'problems' but instead chose the selfish way out.

I have nothing but sympathy toward his close family, but don't expect me to join in with this faux sympathy lark that the internet has created and expect me to have an ounce of sympathy towards that unfunny shithouse - f*ck him.

Although I sympathise with your situation - and applaud your bravery telling us, calling every person who has committed sympathy "selfish" is wrong.

I assume you don't agree with people who are terminally ill wanting to end their lives, for themselves and their families. I've seen people slowly die, in pain and suffering, and I've seen their families go through it too, helpless. Isn't it better for the person to make their own decisions in these instances? And where there's no terminal illness, the circumstances are not always the same, or clear cut. i guess we won't know the background until investigated, if at all - however even if there is a clear line of support, it doesn't necessarily mean it's an easy path to take from there on.

And on the note of Robin Williams, I wasn't a huge fan - I thought a lot of the things he did were childish or just unfunny (like Mrs Doubtfire). But you can't ignore the fact that he's influenced a lot of people into the industry, and made an impact to the lives of others in a positive way.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2014 9:34]

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

rip robin williams on 09:36 - Aug 12 with 2011 viewslifelong

rip robin williams on 09:13 - Aug 12 by sidekick_jack

Even so, you have NO idea what he was going through and it's unbelievably dull to even compare your situation.

So just because he was rich and famous he shouldn't possibly suffer with mental torment? Riiight....

Exactly.

Every time somebody well known commits suicide we get the same rubbish posted on here calling them cowards and selfish, Can you imagine what state their mind must be in to carry out such an act?
rip robin williams on 09:40 - Aug 12 with 2002 viewsBaker

rip robin williams on 09:36 - Aug 12 by lifelong

Exactly.

Every time somebody well known commits suicide we get the same rubbish posted on here calling them cowards and selfish, Can you imagine what state their mind must be in to carry out such an act?

The tit knew of his depression yet was still caning cocaine at the age of 63 FFS!

I have no sympathy.

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

rip robin williams on 09:46 - Aug 12 with 1991 viewsperchrockjack

it is all about sate of mine.
I hope none of you have to go to an inquest in such circumstances

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

rip robin williams on 09:49 - Aug 12 with 1984 viewsdickythorpe

rip robin williams on 09:40 - Aug 12 by Baker

The tit knew of his depression yet was still caning cocaine at the age of 63 FFS!

I have no sympathy.

Was he?

If true then no wonder he was depressed.

Drugs turn your mind into mush FACT
rip robin williams on 10:06 - Aug 12 with 1962 viewslifelong

rip robin williams on 09:40 - Aug 12 by Baker

I have no sympathy.

The mind is very complicated, when you are of reasonably sound mind and you hear that somebody has committed suicide it's the easiest thing in the world to call those people selfish shit houses.

Some of the bravest people have taken their own lives because of the way their mind has been effected by certain events, I just feel that we should show some more respect to people who take this course of action, as they are clearly mentally ill.
Login to get fewer ads

rip robin williams on 10:10 - Aug 12 with 1950 viewsBaker

rip robin williams on 10:06 - Aug 12 by lifelong

The mind is very complicated, when you are of reasonably sound mind and you hear that somebody has committed suicide it's the easiest thing in the world to call those people selfish shit houses.

Some of the bravest people have taken their own lives because of the way their mind has been effected by certain events, I just feel that we should show some more respect to people who take this course of action, as they are clearly mentally ill.

Whichever way you dress it up, suicide is a c*nts trick IMO.

Pure and simple.

rip robin williams on 10:10 - Aug 12 with 1947 viewsJackfath

At least he's now at peace with himself, free of all the pain he must have been suffering.

His loved ones that he's left behind will feel the pain for the rest of their days however.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

rip robin williams on 10:13 - Aug 12 with 1942 viewsJackoBoostardo

rip robin williams on 10:10 - Aug 12 by Baker

Whichever way you dress it up, suicide is a c*nts trick IMO.

Pure and simple.

Not as black and white as that Baker!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

rip robin williams on 10:16 - Aug 12 with 1941 viewsBaker

rip robin williams on 10:13 - Aug 12 by JackoBoostardo

Not as black and white as that Baker!

Having to have to personally think long and hard about it, I guess we'll have to disagree on that one
[Post edited 12 Aug 2014 10:17]

rip robin williams on 10:23 - Aug 12 with 1928 viewsJackoBoostardo

rip robin williams on 10:16 - Aug 12 by Baker

Having to have to personally think long and hard about it, I guess we'll have to disagree on that one
[Post edited 12 Aug 2014 10:17]

Fact is, even though he was a public figure, we don't know his private life, nor what really went on in his head. Depression affects people differently in many ways. So I guess we'll have to disagree on that one mate.

rip robin williams on 10:42 - Aug 12 with 1902 viewsmax936

I liked watching most of his stuff, some not so much, Good Morning Vietnam, Dead Poets Society were suberp, very sad news.

RIP RW.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

rip robin williams on 10:52 - Aug 12 with 1888 viewsC_jack

"Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life is harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. The great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor... I am Pagliacci."

How ever low you feel, there is always someone who you can TALK to, always.

Samaritans - 08457 90 90 90

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

rip robin williams on 10:54 - Aug 12 with 1879 viewsJackfath

rip robin williams on 10:52 - Aug 12 by C_jack

"Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life is harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. The great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor... I am Pagliacci."

How ever low you feel, there is always someone who you can TALK to, always.

Samaritans - 08457 90 90 90

Planet Swans is my Samaritans.

FACT.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

rip robin williams on 12:35 - Aug 12 with 1810 viewsCatullus

I considered suicide when I had depression. A lot of it was because I had honestly come to believe everyone would be better off if I was dead.
It was only thinking about my son, who was 18 months old, that changed my mind. I don't know what tormented Williams, but my head wasn't twisted by drug or alcohol addiction.
A lot of attempted suicide is a cry for help, I don't know in this case, but I can feel sorry for his family. I can feel sorry that he won't make any more material because I enjoyed most of his work.
And finally I can count my blessings that I had a stronger reason to live than die, my son.
Since I beat depression, life has been incredibly good. A lot of people aren't so lucky, and I feel sorry for all of them no matter what I think of the individual or their reasons why.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

rip robin williams on 13:28 - Aug 12 with 1772 viewsJackfath

This news has caused a stir on Facebook with so many people "liking" the news and then saying how devastated they are. Like the pouring water over the head thingy, all done to become socially accepted in today's online society.

rip robin williams on 13:35 - Aug 12 with 1765 viewsdickythorpe

rip robin williams on 13:28 - Aug 12 by Jackfath

This news has caused a stir on Facebook with so many people "liking" the news and then saying how devastated they are. Like the pouring water over the head thingy, all done to become socially accepted in today's online society.

People want to feel connected to each other by bad news it seems Fath.

More energy spent on bad news than good news- CRAZY!!!!
[Post edited 12 Aug 2014 13:36]
rip robin williams on 13:39 - Aug 12 with 1757 viewsDarran

It's sad that someone was suffering so badly that their mind was in this mess as it is for anyone with depression.
I can't see how he can be selfish when he clearly wasn't well.

"Good Mourning Vietnam"

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

rip robin williams on 13:39 - Aug 12 with 1756 viewsJackfath

rip robin williams on 13:35 - Aug 12 by dickythorpe

People want to feel connected to each other by bad news it seems Fath.

More energy spent on bad news than good news- CRAZY!!!!
[Post edited 12 Aug 2014 13:36]

Are people pressured by social media to comment on such matters for fear of being "heartless" or "cold" when they do not comment?

"Devastated", "difficult to think about anything else", points to a life where too much focus on the unimportant leads to a skewed perspective on the things which are important in their lives.

Society is broken.

rip robin williams on 13:55 - Aug 12 with 1735 viewsllangyfelach

rip robin williams on 13:39 - Aug 12 by Jackfath

Are people pressured by social media to comment on such matters for fear of being "heartless" or "cold" when they do not comment?

"Devastated", "difficult to think about anything else", points to a life where too much focus on the unimportant leads to a skewed perspective on the things which are important in their lives.

Society is broken.

Agree complete JF. Everything turns into a grief competition. Sad as Robin Williams passing is, I can't say I'm devastated by it. It hasn't stopped me listening to my music, stop me going for a run or stop me having a laugh in the office. I feel sorry for him and his family because of them being another victim of depression (I accept alcohol and drugs no doubt played their part, but was he looking for happiness or comfort in them?).

Thankfully I'm not on Facebook anymore, so I'm spared a timeline full of support groups and movie clips. The problem as I see it is that people want to feel a part of something, whether it's joining FB groups and having a cyber blub or pouring water over their heads. As you rightly say, people are afraid not to comment for being called a heartless c*nt

As a depression sufferer myself he will immediately have my sympathy, whether he had millions of dollars or f*ck all I'll see beyond that. At the same time I'm not going to jump down somebodies throat because they don't sympathise with him. I'm a soft c*nt and try and see the best in everyone, I'm no hardnosed person. I wish I was as it would probably make my life less worrying

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

rip robin williams on 13:58 - Aug 12 with 1729 viewsDarran

rip robin williams on 13:55 - Aug 12 by llangyfelach

Agree complete JF. Everything turns into a grief competition. Sad as Robin Williams passing is, I can't say I'm devastated by it. It hasn't stopped me listening to my music, stop me going for a run or stop me having a laugh in the office. I feel sorry for him and his family because of them being another victim of depression (I accept alcohol and drugs no doubt played their part, but was he looking for happiness or comfort in them?).

Thankfully I'm not on Facebook anymore, so I'm spared a timeline full of support groups and movie clips. The problem as I see it is that people want to feel a part of something, whether it's joining FB groups and having a cyber blub or pouring water over their heads. As you rightly say, people are afraid not to comment for being called a heartless c*nt

As a depression sufferer myself he will immediately have my sympathy, whether he had millions of dollars or f*ck all I'll see beyond that. At the same time I'm not going to jump down somebodies throat because they don't sympathise with him. I'm a soft c*nt and try and see the best in everyone, I'm no hardnosed person. I wish I was as it would probably make my life less worrying

You're pretty hard nosed when you're slagging off Cheap Trick ya tw*t.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

rip robin williams on 13:58 - Aug 12 with 1728 viewsJackfath

rip robin williams on 13:55 - Aug 12 by llangyfelach

We'd get on famously.

How about a session with young DickyThorpe and your good self and any others this season?

rip robin williams on 14:05 - Aug 12 with 1722 viewsllangyfelach

rip robin williams on 13:58 - Aug 12 by Jackfath

We'd get on famously.

How about a session with young DickyThorpe and your good self and any others this season?

Fine with me, pal. Always up for a slurp of a weekend

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024