Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England..... 18:24 - May 14 with 5546 viewsymaohyd

Do people want England to do well in the world cup?

Must be honest I am usually an 'Anyone but England' man, however, considering the part that our English players have played to get to where we now are, I am going to hope they do well.

Having said that, with their complete reluctance to cap our players that also leaves a bad taste. Would Vorm and JDG had been chosen for England had they been English...probably not.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

England..... on 01:32 - May 15 with 942 viewsjazzswan

Yes, Have to agree. SWANSEA CITY play in the ENGLISH Premier league . We are PART of the English FA Set up , if you like it or not! SO, as it happens WALES can't make the finals on THIS occasion, so I am supporting my league association, (MAYBE THIS ONCE)!! Can't get myself to say "C'mpn England" Bridge too far, but good luck to them!!
England..... on 01:37 - May 15 with 934 viewsSwansNZ

England..... on 01:32 - May 15 by jazzswan

Yes, Have to agree. SWANSEA CITY play in the ENGLISH Premier league . We are PART of the English FA Set up , if you like it or not! SO, as it happens WALES can't make the finals on THIS occasion, so I am supporting my league association, (MAYBE THIS ONCE)!! Can't get myself to say "C'mpn England" Bridge too far, but good luck to them!!

You support who you like. Personally, I'm supporting countries that actually pick SWANSEA CITY players!

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

England..... on 01:48 - May 15 with 921 viewsDewi1jack

England..... on 00:37 - May 15 by jaf69

fvck England even though most of my family are English.

my support goes to argentina as its the closest we will ever get to being there.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welsh_Argentine
its a slightly tenuous link to wales but its good enough for me

ARGENTINA ARGENTINA ARGENTINA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not had anything Argentinian in the house since mid '82 and never will.
Fvck Argentina and any prik who likes them. Too many mates missing to like the slightest fuking thing about them.

Back to the thread. Because Roy managed the big and small teams, I honestly thought he'd look at players from all clubs.
It still seems to be anybody (even Zaha ffs) who plays/ is signed for the top teams or players who the media really push hard on him (Southampton contingent.)
Until England get rid of this attitude and start looking at playing the best players in the position, irrespective of if they play for Norwich, Swansea or Liverpool etc, they will always struggle.
I wouldn't mind if England win it, but first and foremost I want the Swansea boys to do well, hopefully get a winners/ runners up medal and come back uninjured

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

England..... on 07:08 - May 15 with 885 viewsjackal

No way They,re still ramming 1966 down everyone's throat. We'd never hear the end of it.
England..... on 07:18 - May 15 with 877 viewsNOTRAC

There are two dates that have been overused to extol the virtues of England and a certain team that has got its deserts this year...1964 and 1927.
I would not want a third date.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

England..... on 07:23 - May 15 with 871 viewsNOTRAC

Sorry 1966.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

England..... on 07:43 - May 15 with 863 views1jack

England..... on 18:55 - May 14 by Drizzy

If they had just given ONE of our players - during our time in the Premier League - just a five minute substitute appearance in a meaningless friendly I'd probably root for them. We've had plenty of legitimate contenders for England squad places - Dyer, Graham, Routledge and Britton yet they haven't even been given a sniff. Not even come along as unused substitutes. It didn't really bother me though until I looked at some of the players they've called up over the last few years: Bothroyd, Frazier Campbell, Tom Cleverley, Matt Jarvis etc. Really? I mean that group of players and someone like Dyer, who's had periods of scintillating form, can't even get in the squad? You've got to be kidding me. I don't believe it's some kind of conspiracy, just a massive f*cking sense of complacency. They're rooted in their archaic methods.

They're boring as f*ck too. Absolutely dire to watch. Should be better this year with the influx of young players, but pales in comparison to the likes of Brazil and Spain. Oh and Wales will reach a major tournament, one way or another, in the not too distant future so don't give me that bullsh*t please.
[Post edited 14 May 2014 19:00]

Got to agree with this, pretty much spot on.
England..... on 07:44 - May 15 with 863 viewsjacksinceever

England..... on 19:24 - May 14 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

If England got to the final and were playing Ivory Coast or Netherlands (let's pretend JDG has signed for us before then), who would you want to win?

It's still England for me.

Ivory Coast, Holland, even (grits teeth) Italy rather than England. I'd want England to do better if they had picked a couple of our players on merit.
It's a more rounded squad this year, but I still wouldn't support them if they were playing Cardiff, let alone anyone else
Login to get fewer ads

England..... on 07:46 - May 15 with 861 viewsjacksinceever

England..... on 20:06 - May 14 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Yeah, screw England. Let's go play in our own league, the mighty League of Wales. Screw the F.A, too. They don't know how to run a football association, unlike the mighty F.A.W who have helped ensure that the League of Wales proudly stands tall alongside the Finnish and San Marino national football leagues.

You are a plonker. The question is about the English national Football Team, so people's reaction is to that, not the whole FA, etc.
If you have trouble with a simple question like this, dread to think how you got on in you university exams
England..... on 07:50 - May 15 with 859 viewsjacksinceever

England..... on 21:52 - May 14 by JackoBoostardo

Surely I'm not the only one here who feels the England squad is made up of Ego's above talent.

Of course I want them to lose.

This World Cup, Spain has once again gone all-in and will be the team to watch. Also I'm half-Belgian but they aren't going to win.

Either way - i will be watching the tournament strictly as a neutral.

Oddly enough, I happen to think this is the most refreshing and possibly talented England squad for many a World Cup. Still don't want them to win though
England..... on 07:52 - May 15 with 857 viewsjacksinceever

England..... on 22:05 - May 14 by Kilkennyjack

ABE

Not supported them since 1984 when they ended the Home Internationals.
They blamed Wales and NI for failing in all comps since 1966 and so this was to sort that out. How did it all work out in the end anyhow ? :-)

And they are dreadful to watch. Defo not sexy football since 1990.

I agree with that. As you say, pulled the plug on the Home Internationals, yet they've done no better since.
ABE from me too
England..... on 07:54 - May 15 with 857 viewsjaf69

England..... on 01:48 - May 15 by Dewi1jack

Not had anything Argentinian in the house since mid '82 and never will.
Fvck Argentina and any prik who likes them. Too many mates missing to like the slightest fuking thing about them.

Back to the thread. Because Roy managed the big and small teams, I honestly thought he'd look at players from all clubs.
It still seems to be anybody (even Zaha ffs) who plays/ is signed for the top teams or players who the media really push hard on him (Southampton contingent.)
Until England get rid of this attitude and start looking at playing the best players in the position, irrespective of if they play for Norwich, Swansea or Liverpool etc, they will always struggle.
I wouldn't mind if England win it, but first and foremost I want the Swansea boys to do well, hopefully get a winners/ runners up medal and come back uninjured

are we supposed to insult people who have chosen Germany too? or maybe japan (if there are any lol) fvck it remember Trafalgar and Agincourt those people who have chosen france must be pr!cks too yeah? ohh those bloody Spain supporters are scum too sending an armada at us. what about Italy they were in ww2 AND they invaded us back in the day fvcking scumbags. dont get me started on the usa, how dare they declare independence from us, anyone supporting them needs shooting yeah?
need I continue?
what a dumb ass
England..... on 07:55 - May 15 with 857 viewsjacksinceever

England..... on 22:10 - May 14 by Gowerjack

Hells teeth.

I'm in complete agreement with Jackfath of all people.

I feel a little queasy.

Not claiming the higher ground here, but I for one never had a team apart from Swansea and Wales, since I was knee-high. Therefore I can rightly say ABE
England..... on 08:06 - May 15 with 845 viewsjacksinceever

England..... on 07:54 - May 15 by jaf69

are we supposed to insult people who have chosen Germany too? or maybe japan (if there are any lol) fvck it remember Trafalgar and Agincourt those people who have chosen france must be pr!cks too yeah? ohh those bloody Spain supporters are scum too sending an armada at us. what about Italy they were in ww2 AND they invaded us back in the day fvcking scumbags. dont get me started on the usa, how dare they declare independence from us, anyone supporting them needs shooting yeah?
need I continue?
what a dumb ass

Also England have been the aggressors throughout history, yet are still well-loved wherever they go.
Also the Argentinian Government and Thatcher caused the Falklands War, not the ordinary citizens of either country.
I know it's a sensitive issue but you cannot hate a country based on the actions of their powers that be
England..... on 08:12 - May 15 with 842 viewsSwansNZ

England..... on 07:54 - May 15 by jaf69

need I continue?
what a dumb ass

ww2 was before most us were born, while the Falklands is still quite fresh in the memory of anyone over 40-45 years of age.

England..... on 08:16 - May 15 with 834 viewsLord_Bony

I'd like to see England do well because they are our nearest neighbours and part of the UK of course.I m sure a lot of them would be rooting for us if we were in it.

We finished fighting with them many centuries ago so should be no grudges in the 21st century.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

England..... on 08:19 - May 15 with 827 viewsbuilthjack

Would you Welsh people who are supporting England be the same with the English rugby team, supporting them when Wales haven't got a game?
Doubt it very much.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

England..... on 08:23 - May 15 with 824 viewsjaf69

England..... on 08:12 - May 15 by SwansNZ

ww2 was before most us were born, while the Falklands is still quite fresh in the memory of anyone over 40-45 years of age.

im sorry for anyone who lost friends or family in any conflict, anywhere no matter what their nationality. but there was no need to insinuate im a pr!ck (whether I am or not is debatable but not for footballing reasons lol) for supporting a team in the world cup.
England..... on 08:35 - May 15 with 816 viewslatchford

I would never ever support England at any sport and fail to see how any Welshman could.
What is even worse is these people who claim to be Welsh then constantly criticise the national football team. With the squad we now have, including the most expensive player in the world there is no reason why we can`t qualify for a major championship. I`m sure everyone would jump on the bandwagon then.
I personally hope England lose all their group games and don`t score a goal. Then i can enjoy the world cup without having England rammed down my throat by the press
England..... on 08:37 - May 15 with 811 viewsswancity

I will be supporting England. With an English manager at swansea city, an English captain, who just happens to qualify for Wales and so many English players it would be silly not to. I can't see them getting too far though, just not enough flair in the squad.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

England..... on 08:41 - May 15 with 800 viewsSwansNZ

England..... on 08:23 - May 15 by jaf69

im sorry for anyone who lost friends or family in any conflict, anywhere no matter what their nationality. but there was no need to insinuate im a pr!ck (whether I am or not is debatable but not for footballing reasons lol) for supporting a team in the world cup.

Yeah, well I wouldn't go far far as Dewi went, people can support who they like.

England..... on 08:44 - May 15 with 796 viewsSwansNZ

England..... on 08:35 - May 15 by latchford

I would never ever support England at any sport and fail to see how any Welshman could.
What is even worse is these people who claim to be Welsh then constantly criticise the national football team. With the squad we now have, including the most expensive player in the world there is no reason why we can`t qualify for a major championship. I`m sure everyone would jump on the bandwagon then.
I personally hope England lose all their group games and don`t score a goal. Then i can enjoy the world cup without having England rammed down my throat by the press

I'm Welsh and can call the Welsh football team crap, because basically they are and always have been during my lifetime.

England..... on 10:30 - May 15 with 762 viewsmalagajack

England..... on 08:35 - May 15 by latchford

easy to get an italy shirt round here but havent spotted a costa rica or uruguay one yet, still looking
England..... on 10:51 - May 15 with 744 viewsDevz00

England..... on 18:43 - May 14 by Jackfath

It's always the same. It's "cool" and "trendy" to want England to lose. However most of those who want them to fail are indeed plastic ManU, Liverpool, Chelsea, Leeds, Spurs or whoever was the best team when they were growing up.

With Wales likely to never qualify for a World Cup whilst I am on this earth, of course I would like them to do well. Anyone who says they'd like them to get stuffed really needs to grow up.

They should also take the chip off their shoulder.
[Post edited 14 May 2014 18:46]

Sorry, Fath, but I disagree. I don't see how it's "cool" and "trendy" to want England to lose. I think it's just normal in Wales. If you asked every football fan in Wales if they want England to win the world cup then I'd say the vast majority would say no. It would be the same in Scotland and Ireland.

I'd go as far as saying that it's "cool" and "trendy" to be a Welshman actually supporting England because that would be deemed slightly controversial.

Thoughts?

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

England..... on 10:51 - May 15 with 743 viewsNaughty71

The way I see it, England are likely to finish second in their group (D), which looks like this:

Group D:
Costa Rica
England
Italy
Uruguay

I feel that Italy should win that group with England scraping through in second place.

That means that they will play the winners of Group C, which looks like this:

Group C:

Columbia
Greece
Ivory Coast
Japan

I see the Ivory Coast winning that group.

That means that Wilf will stick at least 2 past the English defence that he has so easily humiliated this season in the Prem sending England crashing out of the World Cup.

POW!

"Who scored that Naughty?", "I don't know, I've forgotten my bl**dy glasses again!".

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024