Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Assuming we will be safe for another season...... 19:14 - Mar 31 with 9113 viewsJackfath

You're the manager.
Where would you wish to strengthen the squad?
Which players who you've seen first hand this season would you like to sign for us?
Any other realistic targets you think would add to the squad?
Who would you let go?

For me, I'd like to sign Bolasi, he had another good game Saturday and I was impressed with his performance. Also Barkley from Everton.

I think those two have been the best I've seen down here this season so far, although I may have forgotten some other performances.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 16:55 - Apr 1 with 1323 viewstomdickharry

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 13:22 - Apr 1 by Chief

Add Mcmannaman or whatever his name is from Wigan to this list.

The young striker from Coventry is Callum Wilson,whom I have mentioned before,just turned 22yrs 6ft and most importantly 22 goals in his first full season in League football. From what I have read on Coventry fans message board he will be off to a higher level at season end,hope our scouting department have their ears to the ground.
Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 17:06 - Apr 1 with 1315 viewsParlay

Stephen Caulker to partner Ash.

JDG sign up once and for all.

Jordon Mutch to replace to challenge JDG (depending on of he signs on not).

Fabio Borini as back up to Wilf.

Adam Johnson to challenge the 3 main wingers.

= top half.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 17:20 - Apr 1 with 1293 viewsLiam12345

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 17:06 - Apr 1 by Parlay

= top half.

chico is better than caluker mun

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 17:20 - Apr 1 with 1295 viewsDr_Winston

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 16:55 - Apr 1 by tomdickharry

The young striker from Coventry is Callum Wilson,whom I have mentioned before,just turned 22yrs 6ft and most importantly 22 goals in his first full season in League football. From what I have read on Coventry fans message board he will be off to a higher level at season end,hope our scouting department have their ears to the ground.

Has he ever played for Middlesborough?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 17:34 - Apr 1 with 1279 viewsLeonisGod

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 15:26 - Apr 1 by Drizzy

Yeah dodgy goalkeeping has been the primary reason for us conceding the fourth most goals in the whole league this season. Nothing to do with Chico's wildly inconsistent play, Ash's uncharacteristic sloppiness, Rangel continually getting beaten for pace and Davies' awful positioning.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2014 15:28]

It's not directly as a results of the individuals either. All have shown that they are good enough in a well-disciplined and drilled team. We've lacked the defensive discipline this year as a whole team, not just the back four. Defend from the front as a group and the back four don't get isolated and pressured into mistakes as often, retain the discipline and you don't end up with centre halves in the opposition's box or even on the left wing as in Chico's case on at least one occasion.
Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 17:40 - Apr 1 with 1276 viewsJokeren1943

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 17:20 - Apr 1 by Liam12345

chico is better than caluker mun

Chico goes from being Thiago Silva fantastic to being Cardiff crap.

Chico is to me a liability.

Need more consistency in the central defense.
Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 18:00 - Apr 1 with 1257 viewstomdickharry

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 17:20 - Apr 1 by Dr_Winston

Has he ever played for Middlesborough?

The answer is emphatically NO. A subtle reply.
Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 18:32 - Apr 1 with 1245 viewscaerleon_jack

Yeah dodgy goalkeeping has been the primary reason for us conceding the fourth most goals in the whole league this season. Nothing to do with Chico's wildly inconsistent play, Ash's uncharacteristic sloppiness, Rangel continually getting beaten for pace and Davies' awful positioning.

Who said it was the primary reason? I think everyone has agreed that Vorm hasn't played as well as he can, but that the defence hasn't been at their best either. Tremmel has had his moments, but hasn't looked good enough to be our no.1 and that there might be better options out there as no.2.

Insert something witty here

Login to get fewer ads

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 20:50 - Apr 1 with 1209 viewsDrizzy

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 17:40 - Apr 1 by Jokeren1943

Chico goes from being Thiago Silva fantastic to being Cardiff crap.

Chico is to me a liability.

Need more consistency in the central defense.

Spot on. We've conceded a lot of soft goals that have resulted from Chico's mistakes.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 21:19 - Apr 1 with 1192 viewsChief

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 17:06 - Apr 1 by Parlay

= top half.

Mutch plays for Cardiff. they wont sell to us. I cant understand why people think they would?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 07:23 - Apr 2 with 1148 viewscaerleon_jack

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 20:50 - Apr 1 by Drizzy

Spot on. We've conceded a lot of soft goals that have resulted from Chico's mistakes.

As you were so keen to point out earlier we've also conceded a lot of goals from poor goalkeeping, Ash being way out of position, Ben being way out of position and Range being too slow. Oh, and poor covering from midfield, allowing people to just run to the area with the ball (West Brom comes to mind) Not to mention the amount of goals that have come from a deflection or ricochet that has landed perfectly at the feet of an opposition player. We've had our fair share of own goals go in our favour this year, but also conceded a lot that have been just plain unlucky.

Chico hasn't had a good a season as last, but he is still a quality defender on his day and some people on here would be far too quick to ship him out. He and Ash are a great partnership, we just need someone coaching them properly.

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 07:41 - Apr 2 with 1144 viewsDr_Winston

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 21:19 - Apr 1 by Chief

Mutch plays for Cardiff. they wont sell to us. I cant understand why people think they would?

Why wouldn't they? It's not as if Tan will give a sh*t what the fans think. Make an offer he wants to accept and he'll be ours.

Frankly I'm not overly convinced that any of them would be good enough to improve on what we already have so it's a moot point at best in any case.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 07:54 - Apr 2 with 1139 viewsBig_Phil

If (and it's a big If) everyone stays fully fit I don't think we need anyone. Injuries have killed us this year more than anything else....witness Tiendalli and Lita getting game time FFS

Form is temp, Class is permanent....Vorm, Michu etc - there's £30M of talent there that will show it soon enough

So....a top class conditioning coach is top of my list. If we hold on to everyone I won't be that upset!
Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 08:51 - Apr 2 with 1110 viewssomersetsimon

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 07:41 - Apr 1 by jacksinceever

Goalkeeper, Centre half, & back up striker would be priorities for me.
I'd be happy to see Marshall & Caulker from Cardiff, and a faster instinctive striker to support Bony or give us options (don't know who but guess there are plenty especially in the foreign leagues to be bought reasonably)

Finding a good back up striker will always be tricky for us. We want someone good, or with potential, that will accept only getting a few starts and filling in when Bony is injured or rested. I think a good option would be a loan of a good promising youngster from a big team (like we did with Borini a few years ago). On the other hand, they'd probably only want to loan out a player if he would get plenty of game time and experience...
Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 08:52 - Apr 2 with 1110 viewsEdmundo

Rb, ready for when Angel can't do it any more.

Striker-just a serious challenger to Bony

Winger-someone who can play on either wing and have the off few goals in him.

Cb-cover for williams/chico, if barkley isn't up to it.

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 09:09 - Apr 2 with 1099 viewsClinton

Bolasi went past our defenders like they weren't there, granted he's a handful. However his final ball was dreadful, appalling, a joke. They would have beat us if he could have put in a half decent cross. Seen the same thing in highlights of other matches. He's a "no" for me.

See what palace fans think. http://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=143590
[Post edited 2 Apr 2014 9:31]

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 09:15 - Apr 2 with 1094 viewsJackSomething

While I don't think anyone would claim our defence has been consistent this season, I'm sure I read recently that our goalkeepers have the worst shot saved percentage in the Premier League. Not the only thing to judge a keeper on of course, but it's still disappointing.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 09:38 - Apr 2 with 1073 viewscaerleon_jack

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 09:09 - Apr 2 by Clinton

Bolasi went past our defenders like they weren't there, granted he's a handful. However his final ball was dreadful, appalling, a joke. They would have beat us if he could have put in a half decent cross. Seen the same thing in highlights of other matches. He's a "no" for me.

See what palace fans think. http://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=143590
[Post edited 2 Apr 2014 9:31]

As I said in my list, we need a winger who can cross. We have pace in Dyer and Routledge, we need someone who can plant the ball on Wilf's head time after time.

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 09:42 - Apr 2 with 1066 viewscaerleon_jack

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 07:41 - Apr 2 by Dr_Winston

Why wouldn't they? It's not as if Tan will give a sh*t what the fans think. Make an offer he wants to accept and he'll be ours.

Frankly I'm not overly convinced that any of them would be good enough to improve on what we already have so it's a moot point at best in any case.

Agree with the first sentiment. Tan is a businessman. It's all about the bottom line. If they get relegated, any offer for a player that gets him a profit will be accepted.

I think they have a couple of decent players who can hack the Premier League week in week out. But they have far too many Champo players who haven't made the step up and that is their problem. Remember how they banged on about Whittingham for years..he's looked distinctly ordinary. Mutch on the other hand, looks a very good player (and has scored some good goals).

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 09:43 - Apr 2 with 1063 viewscaerleon_jack

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 08:51 - Apr 2 by somersetsimon

Finding a good back up striker will always be tricky for us. We want someone good, or with potential, that will accept only getting a few starts and filling in when Bony is injured or rested. I think a good option would be a loan of a good promising youngster from a big team (like we did with Borini a few years ago). On the other hand, they'd probably only want to loan out a player if he would get plenty of game time and experience...

Ricky Van Dogsdick is the answer.

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 09:45 - Apr 2 with 1061 viewsmidswan

At the risk of sounding like a broken record....a few are saying a new left winger needed who has a few goals in him as well.......Routs ? just about top of assists for the second season running,second in goals scored (if it wasn't for Owain Goals..) , and has got better and better at covering/defending. all seems well to me here. What am I not seeing ??
Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 09:51 - Apr 2 with 1056 viewscaerleon_jack

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 09:45 - Apr 2 by midswan

At the risk of sounding like a broken record....a few are saying a new left winger needed who has a few goals in him as well.......Routs ? just about top of assists for the second season running,second in goals scored (if it wasn't for Owain Goals..) , and has got better and better at covering/defending. all seems well to me here. What am I not seeing ??

Because we don't really have proper cover on the left. We play Routs there, but he's right footed and a right-winger by trade. Same for Pablo/Pozeulo/JdG. Lamah is the only left-footed left-winger and I think the jury is still out on him. It would be good to have an option on the left that isn't someone who needs to cut inside to cross or tries to do everything with the outside of his right foot.

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 09:56 - Apr 2 with 1053 viewsJackSomething

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 09:38 - Apr 2 by caerleon_jack

As I said in my list, we need a winger who can cross. We have pace in Dyer and Routledge, we need someone who can plant the ball on Wilf's head time after time.

While I would agree that our wingers tend to lack end product, there is a growing opinion that crosses are one of the least effective ways to try and score a goal.

The average completed crosses percentage in the Premier League has hovered consistently around 23%. Very few wingers have a good percentage of crosses finding a teammate, no matter how much money you spend. Stewart Downing (total transfer fees: £35m+) averages around 20%.

So having players who have pace and can beat a man, meaning they're more likely to get in behind a defence and create chances for themselves, or pass to others rather than cross, is good for us. I agree we need another winger, but don't think their crossing ability will be their key strength.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 10:00 - Apr 2 with 1048 viewscaerleon_jack

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 09:56 - Apr 2 by JackSomething

While I would agree that our wingers tend to lack end product, there is a growing opinion that crosses are one of the least effective ways to try and score a goal.

The average completed crosses percentage in the Premier League has hovered consistently around 23%. Very few wingers have a good percentage of crosses finding a teammate, no matter how much money you spend. Stewart Downing (total transfer fees: £35m+) averages around 20%.

So having players who have pace and can beat a man, meaning they're more likely to get in behind a defence and create chances for themselves, or pass to others rather than cross, is good for us. I agree we need another winger, but don't think their crossing ability will be their key strength.

But we have a striker that has shown that if you deliver a good cross, he can create a chance. Too often our crosses hit the first defender or sail way over the head of everyone. If we want to bring in a new winger as a different option then they need to provide a different skill set. I'm not saying that all they need to do is cross, but it's something we don't have at the moment and it's something that would hugely play to Wilf's strengths.

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 10:02 - Apr 2 with 1047 viewsItchySphincter

Assuming we will be safe for another season...... on 20:50 - Apr 1 by Drizzy

And Ben's. First game of the season v Man U we conceded when Ben went walkabout and Chico tried to be in two places at once. Ben is given a pass for obvious reasons but it hasn't all been down to Chico by any stretch. The defence in general hasn't been up to the standards of the last three or four seasons.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024