Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wilf 06:15 - Mar 26 with 9423 viewsDr_Winston

Has now scored more Premier League goals this season than:

Benteke
Lambert
Negredo (surprised at that one)
Dzeko
Welbeck
Adebayor
Eto'o
Schurrle

He's scored the same number as Robin Van Persie, and only two fewer than Rooney & Giroud. But apparently he's not quite what we need in a striker.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Wilf on 09:08 - Mar 26 with 2090 viewsWarwickHunt

Wilf on 09:06 - Mar 26 by FearOfAJackPlanet

His goal/header last night was so good it was almost unreal, like we all paused for a second after it hit the back of the net as it seemed a little too easy; keeper barely moved. Unstoppable.

He did sometimes fail to hold the ball up last night, but as Warwick say he was being fouled a lot by defenders, I think his strength sometimes works against him in that regard as refs think he should be able to 'take' a bit of rough stuff and overlook him getting kneed in the back etc.

Some epic defensive headers last night as well, including one leap towards the end where he must have leapt about 3 feet higher than the Arsenal players competing for the ball.

Billy. The. Fish.

That was epic!
Wilf on 09:10 - Mar 26 with 2086 viewsMattG

Wilf on 09:02 - Mar 26 by Dr_Winston

Yup. This supposed "slow start" along with his sometimes poor but nowhere near as bad as claimed first touch has become basically the only thing left for the dim to whinge about.

I seem to recall him getting off to a flyer in Europe and only being denied more league goals before Dec by a manager with little interest in starting him in it.

My point was more to illustrate how much he has improved through the season - I can't agree that he looked as good then as he does now. Yes, his goal against United was a sign of real class but his all-round play then wasn't at the level it is now.

EDIT to agree that Laudrup's blind spot towards Wilf whenever Michu was available played a big part.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2014 9:11]
Wilf on 09:10 - Mar 26 with 2083 viewsWarwickHunt

Wilf on 08:51 - Mar 26 by JackSomething

Or some of us took note of his two-goal debut against Malmo, followed by a superb finish against Man United in his first League appearance and could tell there was a quality striker there.

Quite.

The ones who couldn't see his talent were doubtless the ones who wrote off Shelvey after 5 minutes as well.
Wilf on 09:19 - Mar 26 with 2067 viewsJackSomething

Yup. This supposed "slow start" along with his sometimes poor but nowhere near as bad as claimed first touch has become basically the only thing left for the dim to whinge about.

I seem to recall him getting off to a flyer in Europe and only being denied more league goals before Dec by a manager with little interest in starting him in it.

For some reason we had a manager who thought it more appropriate to persist with an injured player rather than give game time to our record signing.

How would the season have gone had Michu been rested/sent for an early operation, rather than being run into the ground? Would Laudrup still be here? Shame we'll never know.

One other thing about Wilf. He's now scored against Man United (2), Valencia, Man City (2), Spurs, Liverpool, Everton and Arsenal.

What's the opposite of a flat-track bully?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Wilf on 09:21 - Mar 26 with 2054 viewsJackSomething

Wilf on 09:10 - Mar 26 by MattG

My point was more to illustrate how much he has improved through the season - I can't agree that he looked as good then as he does now. Yes, his goal against United was a sign of real class but his all-round play then wasn't at the level it is now.

EDIT to agree that Laudrup's blind spot towards Wilf whenever Michu was available played a big part.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2014 9:11]

Oh, he's undoubtedly improved, but there were some who completely wrote him off despite those early goals. To be fair, I don't remember you as being one of those posters. They seem to have gone fairly quiet.

Wilf on 09:25 - Mar 26 with 2041 viewswaynekerr55

But he's not Lee Trundle

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Wilf on 09:25 - Mar 26 with 2036 viewsperchrockjack

Who gives a shit who thought what.fook me this again.
He s improved markedly since Christmas and thank the Lord for that.
Our internet posturings are of nothing.
Bony has a poorish first touch but his presence is something .He can really go on to be a serious player and we ll make good money on him.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Wilf on 09:28 - Mar 26 with 2023 viewsJackSomething

Wilf on 09:25 - Mar 26 by perchrockjack

Who gives a shit who thought what.fook me this again.
He s improved markedly since Christmas and thank the Lord for that.
Our internet posturings are of nothing.
Bony has a poorish first touch but his presence is something .He can really go on to be a serious player and we ll make good money on him.

'we'll make good money on him'

Thought you didn't like small club mentality Perch?

Login to get fewer ads

Wilf on 09:34 - Mar 26 with 2007 viewsperchrockjack

Wilf on 09:28 - Mar 26 by JackSomething

'we'll make good money on him'

Thought you didn't like small club mentality Perch?

Dear God ,have you had a bad night?

Of course we ll sell him and if we go down its a certainty. If we haven't got a big money backer and a tiny ground it seems our best revenue is via shrewd transfer moves.
I m only on here for a short time today so make it quick

Wilf on 09:37 - Mar 26 with 1996 viewsDarran

Wilf on 09:34 - Mar 26 by perchrockjack

Of course we ll sell him and if we go down its a certainty. If we haven't got a big money backer and a tiny ground it seems our best revenue is via shrewd transfer moves.

You never rated him anyway.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Wilf on 09:37 - Mar 26 with 1995 viewsJackSomething

Wilf on 09:34 - Mar 26 by perchrockjack

I'm in a very good mood actually, that last minute equaliser did wonders for my spirits. Thought the smiley made it clear I was just joshing with ya.

If we get relegated, then that would change things. Otherwise we'll only sell Bony if we get a good enough offer. We may not have a big money backer or a big ground, but we're financially solvent and don't 'need' to sell anybody while we're in the Premier League.

Wilf on 09:43 - Mar 26 with 1971 viewsperchrockjack

missed the smiley. Sorry but I had a bad night.

We don't have to but we will and its only a matter of time as if we do stay in PL A big CLUB AND A BIG offer will be too tempting. I personally believed even at this stage he s worth £25m easily.

And Darren... you used to be

Wilf on 09:55 - Mar 26 with 1947 viewsDafyddHuw

Wilf on 07:44 - Mar 26 by shandyjack

top top player and anyone who says otherwise is an idiot

This. The man's awesome. Hope we can hang to him over the summer. He took a while to adjust to us, but now he's very , very frightening.
Wilf on 09:55 - Mar 26 with 1947 viewsZut_Alors

His hold up play against Everton was superb.
Wilf on 10:44 - Mar 26 with 1872 viewsshandyjack

Wilf on 09:55 - Mar 26 by DafyddHuw

This. The man's awesome. Hope we can hang to him over the summer. He took a while to adjust to us, but now he's very , very frightening.

Everyone though Benteke would leave Villa in the summer but they held onto him and i think Bony is a better player

Poll: Expectation for the season

Wilf on 11:22 - Mar 26 with 1717 viewsC_jack

Strongest player in the PL. Nothing delicate about him, including his touch. Raw power.

The B10 bomber.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2014 11:22]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Wilf on 11:24 - Mar 26 with 1708 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Wilf on 08:51 - Mar 26 by WarwickHunt

He's also our best defender at corners...

He was getting fouled from behind virtually every time the ball came to him last night.
Blatant penalty with that spineless c*nt of a ref 10 yards away with a perfect view.

I couldn't believe that wasn't a pen when you take into account the penalty he won at Liverpool

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Wilf on 11:56 - Mar 26 with 1675 viewsScoobyWho

Just think what he could achieve if he put a bit more effort in.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Wilf on 12:00 - Mar 26 with 1667 viewsC_jack

Wilf on 11:56 - Mar 26 by ScoobyWho

What effort is that then? Does he look like the kind of player that's going to waste his energy chasing down defenders?

Wilf on 12:06 - Mar 26 with 1650 viewsScoobyWho

Wilf on 12:00 - Mar 26 by C_jack

What effort is that then? Does he look like the kind of player that's going to waste his energy chasing down defenders?

One view would be that he could spend more time chasing down a keeper and score a few more goals. Another view (without the blinkers getting in the way) would be personal effort to control a football, pass it more accurately - or read a game better to develop and improve. And thus, after this cycle of self endeavour be of more value to the team and indeed himself as a sports person.

Everyone's happy and Wilf is a better player.

Don't take it personally.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Wilf on 12:06 - Mar 26 with 1649 viewswaynekerr55

Wilf on 08:51 - Mar 26 by WarwickHunt

He's also our best defender at corners...

He was getting fouled from behind virtually every time the ball came to him last night.
Blatant penalty with that spineless c*nt of a ref 10 yards away with a perfect view.

Gutted I never got to see the man that is Mr Hunt

What time you get to the ground?

Wilf on 12:06 - Mar 26 with 1649 viewsDafyddHuw

Ffs. Really? You really meant this? Are you a scummer in disguise?
Wilf on 12:10 - Mar 26 with 1637 viewswaynekerr55

We should sign Benny Hill, he runs around

Wilf on 12:11 - Mar 26 with 1635 viewsSwanfan1

Wilf on 07:17 - Mar 26 by controversial_jack

He lost almost every ball that came to him during the second half

Only Swansea fans even with yesterdays performance
someone always have something negative to say,
we could win the premier league and fans would still be complaining

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Wilf on 12:15 - Mar 26 with 1627 viewsC_jack

Wilf on 12:06 - Mar 26 by ScoobyWho

One view would be that he could spend more time chasing down a keeper and score a few more goals. Another view (without the blinkers getting in the way) would be personal effort to control a football, pass it more accurately - or read a game better to develop and improve. And thus, after this cycle of self endeavour be of more value to the team and indeed himself as a sports person.

Everyone's happy and Wilf is a better player.

Don't take it personally.

He doesn't need to chase down the keeper, 99% of the time I've seen this it doesn't achieve anything but put the striker 30 yards offside and in a poor position as he has to come back into active play.

He is what he is, he's not a play maker so I'm not worried about his inability to make a killer pass, I rather he's on the receiving end. His touch could improve but then again I've never seen ball stick to tree trunks very well.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2014 12:15]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024