Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrup to QPR 18:02 - Feb 24 with 22204 viewsDarran

http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/24/michael-laudrup-in-the-frame-as-qpr-consider-sacki

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Laudrup to QPR on 10:00 - Feb 25 with 2058 viewsUxbridge

Laudrup to QPR on 09:34 - Feb 25 by monmouth

Without reading all the bollox, both contract law and employment law contain mitigation of loss provisions. If Laudrup takes paid employment elsewhere for the remaining duration of his employment contract, he is mitigating his consequential loss and any claim for breach, or unfair dismissal, would take this into account.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Good stuff.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Laudrup to QPR on 10:37 - Feb 25 with 2003 viewsmonmouth

Laudrup to QPR on 09:43 - Feb 25 by Shaky

Wrong again.

The lion's share of the £4-5million potential compensation being floated, is Laudrup's share of the £10 million release clause.

The release clause is specifically related to Laudrup's leaving the club for alternative paid employment. This is explicitly foreseen and therefore can not result in any downwards adjustments.

F**k my eyes. LMAO. Laudrup's going to sue for breach of contract on the basis that he would have breached his contract if we hadn't sacked him.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Laudrup to QPR on 10:58 - Feb 25 with 1960 viewsairedale

Whichever way you look at it he's had the DCMs.

Let's hope the loonies in Chiswick give him a start.
Laudrup to QPR on 11:10 - Feb 25 with 1947 viewsGriffting

I do believe it's called mitigating your loss. If he takes the job he'll only get a payout from when he was sacked until when he started the new job..
Laudrup to QPR on 12:14 - Feb 25 with 1893 viewsswanny

Laudrup to QPR on 11:10 - Feb 25 by Griffting

I do believe it's called mitigating your loss. If he takes the job he'll only get a payout from when he was sacked until when he started the new job..

which is why Malky Malky ruled himself out of the running for any job until his Court Case was settled......

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Laudrup to QPR on 12:17 - Feb 25 with 1868 viewsDarran

Laudrup to QPR on 12:14 - Feb 25 by swanny

which is why Malky Malky ruled himself out of the running for any job until his Court Case was settled......

Back of the net Love.

Laudrup to QPR on 12:24 - Feb 25 with 1839 viewsTokijo

Perhaps the club are resigned to paying compensation but stringing this one out until the end of season and in time for the big Sky payout should Swans stay up.
Laudrup to QPR on 12:26 - Feb 25 with 1831 viewsSCB1985

Laudrup to QPR on 10:00 - Feb 25 by Uxbridge

Yeah, that's what I thought. Good stuff.

Suppose it's true don't see many sacked from Chelsea rush in to work. Where's di mateo now.

Surly ML can't get £4.5M off us then a few million sign on fee off QPR.

Poll: whats more important to you

Login to get fewer ads

Laudrup to QPR on 12:27 - Feb 25 with 1825 viewsSpratty

Seriously mun get over it with your Laudrup threads

Show some support for our chairman. He has said the crap about Laudrup has turned his stomach it should stop and we should move on. He has said ML is the most genuine and honest person you could meet so who are you to doubt our Chairman.

Seriously strange as a fan you would go against Sir Huwbert — get with the programme
Laudrup to QPR on 12:30 - Feb 25 with 1812 viewsShaky

Well I see you boys and girls have a nice little circle jerk going on here; I certainly wouldn't want to intrude on that.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Laudrup to QPR on 12:35 - Feb 25 with 1799 viewsSpratty

Laudrup to QPR on 22:04 - Feb 24 by waynekerr55

Yeah, I suppose defamation is easy to prove where there is concrete evidence. However in this case there is little if any (not in public view anyway)

Besides, a nice counter claim below:

Still trust him now Michael....

Actually surprised Huw didn't take action against this.
Laudrup to QPR on 12:40 - Feb 25 with 1782 viewsswanny

Laudrup to QPR on 12:30 - Feb 25 by Shaky

Well I see you boys and girls have a nice little circle jerk going on here; I certainly wouldn't want to intrude on that.

it hasn't stopped you for the rest of the thread. I know that I'm irritated by your comments because, seriously, you know no more than anyone else. You may understand Employment Law/Contractual Law/High Court Procedure, but without knowing the facts of the matter, you're blundering around like the rest of us.
Unless, of course, you are privvy to the exact terms under which ML was employed, constantly ramming your superior knowledge down our throats is just pointless, and when this is pointed out to you, your only recourse is to infer that....'you boys and girls have a nice little circle jerk going on here'.
Is that your final input?

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Laudrup to QPR on 12:41 - Feb 25 with 1782 viewsSpratty

Laudrup to QPR on 22:08 - Feb 24 by Pacemaker

That is correct, although Shaky has identified that ML looks to have a strong case for compensation for termination of contract although it may well be not as strong as first appears because nobody knows the truth apart from those on the inside.

I think Shaky has also failed to identify Huw's press release that some terrible falsehoods had been reported all of which were false and that Laudrup was a fine man. This in itself would probably be enough to undermine any defamation action.

http://mobile.swanseacity.net/news/article/huw-laudrup-statement-1342386.aspx?pd
[Post edited 24 Feb 2014 22:21]

Surely though such a strong statement by Huw

The most genuine and honest person you could meet.

Made without need or duress, supports any ML Position. Especially if ML is generally perceived as a straightforward and decent bloke.
Laudrup to QPR on 12:41 - Feb 25 with 1776 viewsGriffting

Laudrup to QPR on 12:14 - Feb 25 by swanny

Precisely. Can't see him going to QPR mind, surely something better will come up for him than championship football. Unless he feels he is now a busted flush..
Laudrup to QPR on 12:47 - Feb 25 with 1763 viewsDarran

The more I read this board the more I come to the conclusion that Sproutty had a massive man crush on Michael Laudrup.

Tis a strange one.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Laudrup to QPR on 12:50 - Feb 25 with 1745 viewswaynekerr55

Laudrup to QPR on 12:35 - Feb 25 by Spratty

Actually surprised Huw didn't take action against this.

Perhaps he may do now. The most disappointing thing in all of this is Laudrup's "nothing to do with me guv" approach. He is a paid employee of yours so he's everything to do with you - especially as he was bad mouthing a senior member of staff at the place you were employed at...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Laudrup to QPR on 12:51 - Feb 25 with 1743 viewsSpratty

Laudrup to QPR on 12:47 - Feb 25 by Darran

The more I read this board the more I come to the conclusion that Sproutty had a massive man crush on Michael Laudrup.

Tis a strange one.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Weak Darran we have already identified from your comments about him - hell have no fury.......

Sproutty lol (ironic version)
Laudrup to QPR on 12:53 - Feb 25 with 1734 viewsShaky

Swanny -- Yes it is, because although with our varying backgrounds, levels of knowledge, etc, we may infer different things with varying degrees of confidence, in the final analysis you are absolutely right; we don't have all the facts.

All I have tried to do is point out some of the various gaping holes in the arguments representing the received wisdom on this matter, and make a case for much greater accountability for the management of the club.

Let's now wait and see what Laudrup's final settlement comes to; maybe that might cause a few more people to wonder whether just a little bit of accountability isn't such a bad idea.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Laudrup to QPR on 12:54 - Feb 25 with 1734 viewsDarran

Laudrup to QPR on 12:51 - Feb 25 by Spratty

Weak Darran we have already identified from your comments about him - hell have no fury.......

Sproutty lol (ironic version)

You'll probably be offended by this comment and I really don't care but after reading your posts over the last few weeks I'm struggling to believe you're actually a Swans fan.

It's weird as f*ck.

Laudrup to QPR on 13:01 - Feb 25 with 1710 viewsSpratty

Laudrup to QPR on 09:33 - Feb 25 by Shaky

OK, so which of the methods of termination under employment law do you believe applies? Gross misconduct, or the sustained period of underperformance culminating in a disciplinary procedure?

Hence the point I made in another thread.

If the shortcomings had been clearly pointed out and a way forward agreed by all parties with a time period for improvement - we are on stronger ground - but this would need to be in writing and agreed.

Also depends on what lattitude ML was promised to have control over management

Huw's own statement on the sacking talks about on reflection - suggesting a change of mind after the meeting in which ML said they shook hands.
Laudrup to QPR on 13:34 - Feb 25 with 1664 viewsUxbridge

Laudrup to QPR on 12:30 - Feb 25 by Shaky

Or conversely, you've had a bit of a mare on this thread.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Laudrup to QPR on 13:37 - Feb 25 with 1655 viewsShaky

Laudrup to QPR on 12:50 - Feb 25 by waynekerr55

Perhaps he may do now. The most disappointing thing in all of this is Laudrup's "nothing to do with me guv" approach. He is a paid employee of yours so he's everything to do with you - especially as he was bad mouthing a senior member of staff at the place you were employed at...

What do you mean bad mouthing?

Tutumulu said Jenkins had been lying; that is a verifiable statement. I can't find a link but I have read somewhere that Tutumulu has categorically denied trying to sell Williams; it should be relatively easy to find out whether that is true of not.

Googling around I did, however, find some other Tutumulu comments that are somewhat interesting, for the numerous revisionists around here:

“I want to make it clear – I am speaking on behalf of Michael Laudrup,” said Tutumlu, who has worked with the Dane since his days as a Barcelona player.

“If Huw Jenkins buys the players Michael Laudrup wants, then there is no problem. But if he does not buy those players, I don’t know what can happen. This is the reality.

“Michael’s idea is that next season is going to be very, very hard. There is the Europa League, the two cups and the Premier League, and he needs a strong squad.

“We made a miracle by signing players like Michu, Chico (Flores) and Pablo (Hernandez) last season, but we cannot make a miracle every year.”

. . .“When Michael signed the new contract with Swansea, Huw Jenkins promised he would make a strong team,” Tutumlu added.

“Michael then promised players like Michu and Chico Flores that he would stay at Swansea, and that is why they extended their contracts as well.”

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-tight-lipped-Michael-Laudru

Misology -- It's a bitch

Laudrup to QPR on 14:23 - Feb 25 with 1589 viewsswanny

So, you gone from quoting the finer points of contact law to quoting Byram Tutumulu now..... and this is relevant to your argument how?

I thought that your initial argument was that Michael Laudrup, having been sacked for breach of contract would be able to sue Swansea City Football Club for unfair dismissal, thereby laying ourselves open to ridicule and a huge court settlement. (I paraphrase here, but this is my impression of your stance)

Quite how your quote fits into your argument other than to muddy the waters, I don't know.

Laudrup to QPR on 15:09 - Feb 25 with 1538 viewsShaky

Laudrup to QPR on 14:23 - Feb 25 by swanny

So, you gone from quoting the finer points of contact law to quoting Byram Tutumulu now..... and this is relevant to your argument how?

I thought that your initial argument was that Michael Laudrup, having been sacked for breach of contract would be able to sue Swansea City Football Club for unfair dismissal, thereby laying ourselves open to ridicule and a huge court settlement. (I paraphrase here, but this is my impression of your stance)

Quite how your quote fits into your argument other than to muddy the waters, I don't know.

I am simply not going to get into detailed what/if scenarios for various reasons, but I will say the following:

This statement is obviously pertinent and revealing.

“If Huw Jenkins buys the players Michael Laudrup wants, then there is no problem. But if he does not buy those players, I don’t know what can happen. This is the reality."

However, the following statement is potentially highly significant:

“When Michael signed the new contract with Swansea, Huw Jenkins promised he would make a strong team,” Tutumlu added.

If were counsel to Laudrup, I would strive to understand whether this statement inducing Laudrup to enter into the contract was in fact made, the importance he placed on it in considering whether or not to enter into the new agreement, and finally what were the parties' financial expectations regarding the probabilities that the early termination/release clause would be triggered.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Laudrup to QPR on 15:19 - Feb 25 with 1522 viewsDarran

Laudrup to QPR on 15:09 - Feb 25 by Shaky

I am simply not going to get into detailed what/if scenarios for various reasons, but I will say the following:

This statement is obviously pertinent and revealing.

“If Huw Jenkins buys the players Michael Laudrup wants, then there is no problem. But if he does not buy those players, I don’t know what can happen. This is the reality."

However, the following statement is potentially highly significant:

“When Michael signed the new contract with Swansea, Huw Jenkins promised he would make a strong team,” Tutumlu added.

If were counsel to Laudrup, I would strive to understand whether this statement inducing Laudrup to enter into the contract was in fact made, the importance he placed on it in considering whether or not to enter into the new agreement, and finally what were the parties' financial expectations regarding the probabilities that the early termination/release clause would be triggered.

And if we go in for a player that Laudrup wants (Aspas for instance) and a massive club comes in for him and the player decides to go to the massive club Laudrup can go f*ck himself.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024