Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. 19:36 - Jan 25 with 6659 viewsRAFC1907

Firstly what a great atmosphere from us Rochdale fans today, even when we went 2 down the atmosphere was still there which made the day an enoyable one although we haven't progressed to round 5.

I thought we matched them for long periods with nice one-two touch football.

The linesman in the main stand was shocking, everytime Hogan ran onto a through ball up went the flag.

Had one of them flags stayed down, not guarenteed a goal but im sure Scotty would of slotted the ball into the net.

Little decisions like the above have cost us today I believe, would really like to watch over those decisions again and see just exactly how the linesman has come to make his mind up.

Done had a great chance as did one of theirs before the break.

Im sure had we gone one up they would of found it very difficult to get back into the game, albeit set pieces seem to be their strong point, but both of their goals could not of come at a better timing for them.

Anyway what a strike from Rose, worthy of goal of the round surely?

Obviously gutted were out of the cup but pleased we can now focus on the main aim, a promotion.

I think today would of been one of those games for Tutte as he commits people and makes things happen, but hey he's packed his bags so lets nip that in the bud.

Personally I think we have a quality team/squad that can get promoted and hold our own in the league above, but if we were to get into the championship do you think this team could compete?

Obviously that could be a long time off, players will come and go, but with a good home crowd like in the last two games against championship opposition anything is possible, especially with Sir Hill incharge.

[Post edited 25 Jan 2014 19:38]

Poll: Bottomley...

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 00:34 - Jan 26 with 2139 viewsRAFC1907

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 22:21 - Jan 25 by robbowood

You say "had the liner been in charge for the Leeds match Hogan and Cummins would have been offside".

But yet they weren't given offside - which seems to go against the statement that "officials favour the big teams" (unless Dale are a bigger team then Leeds)

Cheating by officials is quite different from officials seeming to favour the 'big teams'

When the Dale next get a 'decision' in our favour and which we can all see is completely wrong, presumably you aren't going to accept it

The comments about the Leeds game were sarcastic as they were clear goals but with today's liner he would of somehow found a way to give offside, anyway your opinions your opinion, mine is mine - goodnight

Poll: Bottomley...

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 00:55 - Jan 26 with 2122 viewslove_the_dale

This thread throws up many interesting thoughts.

1. There is a lot of the OP to agree with.

2. What do we mean when we accuse the linesman of cheating? It suggests to me that we are saying that he is deliberately saying that the forward is offside when he knows in his own mind that the forward is not offside, with the added implication that he is biased towards the defending team. If this is the case, I do not agree with the accusation. He/she may be mistaken in his/her decision - and I think he/she is rarely wrong - but I do not believe he/she is cheating.

3. It has been suggested a few times that Hogan is running too early for the pass. I have to say that there is also the possibility that he is running at the right time and it is the pass that is coming too late.
We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 01:19 - Jan 26 with 2095 viewsTVOS1907

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 22:56 - Jan 25 by roccydaleian

Aye, but where i sit in the main stand i'm directly in line, and i'm sure the lino got it wrong twice. Not moaning 'cause sometimes that's how it goes.

Do you move according to where the linesman is, roccy?

Sign any autographs today?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 01:20 - Jan 26 with 2092 viewsTVOS1907

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 23:30 - Jan 25 by s36owl

We have a player sent off and a huge claim for a penalty waved away.

Funny how opposing fans see a game differently.

The penalty shout was a good shout, although it emanated from what should have been a free-kick to Dale, which was probably on the ref's mind.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 08:35 - Jan 26 with 1981 viewswalkley_owl

Hogan was off more than Jordan's knickers.

Thought the referee was poor and bottled an early red card.
We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 09:12 - Jan 26 with 1944 viewsCockneyDale

Officials weren't cheating but we're poor with some decisions.

What cost us was the midweek game. Players looked leggy in the last 20 mins: fresher legs would have made more runs and given us more invention to break them down: fewer balls lumped forward and more passing between the opposition
We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 09:22 - Jan 26 with 1930 viewsrod_leach

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 08:35 - Jan 26 by walkley_owl

Hogan was off more than Jordan's knickers.

Thought the referee was poor and bottled an early red card.

The early free kick where there was a covering defender you mean? Thought that the ref was OKish. The vast majority of Hogan's runs were offside, more due to the lack of an early ball rather than being late. The late pen claim looked nailed on to me but the ref missed a clear push on our defender just before and I think bottled it fortunately.
Also, I sit in the main stand. Just because half of the folk in there claimed Hogan's runs to be onside is no guide To them being onside. I wonder if a fair percentage of them know the rules to the game sometimes.
We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 09:43 - Jan 26 with 1889 viewsChaffRAFC

Firstly, I did think the officials were poor and was very picky in the first half especially. He didn't like any sort of physicality and was very quick to blow his whistle.

As for our performance, Scott Hogan didn't have the same kind of impact as we, and no doubt Hill, would have expected. The amount of times he was flagged offside made me wonder if he'd morphed into Kevin Townson. Lund and Allen battled well but but Sheff Wednesday were getting the better of Allen because of his size, or lack of.

Our standout players for me were Rhys Bennett who did a wonderful job keeping Maghoma quiet on that side and Michael Rose who had a good game aside from his quite magnificent goal.

I know it was a lot to ask but I was slightly disappointed with the performances of Donelly and Cummins when they came on. When Donnelly comes on you expect a burst of energy and enthusiasm but we didn't see that. Cummins offered nothing either. The lack of movement was annoying given the amount of times young Callum Camps had the ball and had no option to pass to, especially with Hogan, Henderson, Donnelly and Cummins ahead of him. Camps' cameo was very impressive I thought.

Not too shattered by going out to a better side than us and was far more annoyed that my accumulators both died after 90 minutes but as Matty Lund brilliantly puton Twitter last night "Oh well, lets go get promoted!"

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Login to get fewer ads

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 12:20 - Jan 26 with 1767 viewsYouTubeDale

I don't think Hilly really believes having men on the posts when defending corners. Sometimes we do it other times we don't. A man on the line could have saved the second goal. For me, it is a chink in our armour when defending corners. We could have been in the hat today...
[Post edited 26 Jan 2014 12:21]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 12:39 - Jan 26 with 1734 viewsBartRowou

I know it's all relative but that's two big games Camps has been thrown into with little effect. He looks the part and hopefully will live up to the expectations of more knowledgeable football people than me, but yesterday and in the Port Vale game last season he's not had the desired impact like Bunney or Hairy Mary might have had.

Rose looks unsubbable too which is a concern.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 12:51 - Jan 26 with 1712 viewsNerazzurri

Amazes me how many people sat behind the goal think they can call an offside decision wrong. And then it all becomes clear when they ask why someone wasn't given offside from a goal kick.

Forza Nerazzurri

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 13:33 - Jan 26 with 1656 viewsisitme

I disagree about Camps. He looked bright and lively when he came, but was limited by those in front of him.

Young Callum has the potential to be an excellent attacking midfielder.
We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 13:40 - Jan 26 with 1639 viewsD_Alien

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 13:33 - Jan 26 by isitme

I disagree about Camps. He looked bright and lively when he came, but was limited by those in front of him.

Young Callum has the potential to be an excellent attacking midfielder.

Agree. What impressed me the most was, having made a mistake (which against championship opposition will happen) rather than hiding for a bit he made himself immediately available for the ball again.

He'll have learnt from yesterday, but more importantly, Hilly will have learnt something about Camps, which is why he put him on I expect.

[Post edited 26 Jan 2014 13:44]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 13:44 - Jan 26 with 1629 views442Dale

At the moment Camps is a long way behind Allen who is his natural comparison. Whereas Allen immediately took to first team football, Camps may take time to come good and his lack of experience is apparent.

This isn't criticism btw, merely an observation. Not seen him at youth level, so accept he might have impressed there.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 14:52 - Jan 26 with 1550 viewsaleanddale

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 09:12 - Jan 26 by CockneyDale

Officials weren't cheating but we're poor with some decisions.

What cost us was the midweek game. Players looked leggy in the last 20 mins: fresher legs would have made more runs and given us more invention to break them down: fewer balls lumped forward and more passing between the opposition

Agree with this..

Officials - you win some you lose plenty!!

First time I have see Dale look leggy in the final 20 all season.

A tough game last Tuesday and a Heavy pitch saw us run out of steam for the last 20 minutes.

Proud to to be a Dale fan this morning as I was last night.

A terrific effort from the lads....

More squad roation required from Hilly though as the games continue to come thick and fast. Northampton away on Tuesday will be a very difficult game!!!!
We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 18:28 - Jan 26 with 1410 viewsisitme

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 13:44 - Jan 26 by 442Dale

At the moment Camps is a long way behind Allen who is his natural comparison. Whereas Allen immediately took to first team football, Camps may take time to come good and his lack of experience is apparent.

This isn't criticism btw, merely an observation. Not seen him at youth level, so accept he might have impressed there.

Camps has made two cameo appearances so I feel that your comparison is a little unfair as he is still a second year youth team scholar. Pose the same question after he has made half a dozen starts.

I also believe that they are a different type of player with Camps being more of an attacking midfielder than Allen.
We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 18:54 - Jan 26 with 1384 viewsDickydaler

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 18:28 - Jan 26 by isitme

Camps has made two cameo appearances so I feel that your comparison is a little unfair as he is still a second year youth team scholar. Pose the same question after he has made half a dozen starts.

I also believe that they are a different type of player with Camps being more of an attacking midfielder than Allen.

It seems to me that Jamie Allen is being made into an attacking mid fielder if that's the case, because he is certainly getting forward quite a lot. I think he is going to be the sort of player that breaks up play higher up the field rather than a play maker. Camps will be a play maker for the future. I don't think yesterday was a good time to bring him on though.
We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 19:06 - Jan 26 with 1357 viewsDaley_Lama

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 12:20 - Jan 26 by YouTubeDale

I don't think Hilly really believes having men on the posts when defending corners. Sometimes we do it other times we don't. A man on the line could have saved the second goal. For me, it is a chink in our armour when defending corners. We could have been in the hat today...

There was a corner in the first half which looked from the TDS to me as one we saved because we had a man on the post.

i.e. I totally agree with you.

Poll: DF in or out

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 19:20 - Jan 26 with 1317 views442Dale

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 18:28 - Jan 26 by isitme

Allen has often been used as an attacking midfielder (with either Cavanagh or Dicker sitting in front of the back four) his goals when he's arrived I'm the box have backed up that theory. Yes, we've not seen much of Camps, but it's only possible to comment on what action he's seen. I'll be surprised if he plays much of a part in the remainder of the season.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 20:49 - Jan 26 with 1238 views49thseason

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 13:40 - Jan 26 by D_Alien

Agree. What impressed me the most was, having made a mistake (which against championship opposition will happen) rather than hiding for a bit he made himself immediately available for the ball again.

He'll have learnt from yesterday, but more importantly, Hilly will have learnt something about Camps, which is why he put him on I expect.

[Post edited 26 Jan 2014 13:44]

Hill has a record of blooding youngsters in "big" games - didn't he send Buckley on at Wembley? I think that as fans we see things very much on a game by game basis whereas Hilly is working to a much longer term plan and the sending on of Camps will have been carefully deliberated.
Every move Hill makes is a step forwards in his masterplan, I don't think he does anything without thinking it through for its long term effect so Dicker and Tutte leave , JK returns and Camps moves up a step... methodical planning, strategy not tactics.
We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 21:42 - Jan 26 with 1194 viewsShun

I can't believe some people are blaming the officials! We've had some shockers this season, but yesterday's were ok in my eyes. Not as good as against Leeds, but ok. While we're on the matter I thought their red was a harsh call, too. I didn't have a perfect view but if anything it looked like Henderson dived.
We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 22:10 - Jan 26 with 1168 viewsnordenblue

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 21:42 - Jan 26 by Shun

I can't believe some people are blaming the officials! We've had some shockers this season, but yesterday's were ok in my eyes. Not as good as against Leeds, but ok. While we're on the matter I thought their red was a harsh call, too. I didn't have a perfect view but if anything it looked like Henderson dived.

Said at the time the challenge on Hendo for the second yellow was harsh,but on the same topic if you go flying in to clatter a person running at speed, making contact or not you leave yourself wide open to a caution,the ref was poor first half and too inconsistent with his cards but did seem to improve after the break.
We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 02:46 - Jan 27 with 1102 viewsdalian

We were unlucky today (with having that linesman cheat) and on we go. on 12:20 - Jan 26 by YouTubeDale

I agree. Done was actually stood on the post where the ball went in for the second just before the corner was taken. He rushed out to double up, just in case of the short corner, and I distinctly remember he was torn whether to leave the post or not but made the call and left it. Had he stayed there, he may well have blocked the effort as it went right in at that post. All ifs and buts, I know, but our defending from set pieces (in particular corner kicks), although improving, is still costing us dearly (as it did Saturday). Teams come to Spotland with the sole intent of winning set pieces in our half as statistics show that they will invariably get a goal or two from them! We were the better footballing side, without a shadow of a doubt,but are still naive on the basic defending of set pieces in our own half. The games against Fleetwood, Wimbledon and Scunthorpe were all lost due to the same reason. If we can improve that side of our game then there is no reason that we can, not only get promoted, but win the bloody league!! Proud of the lads yesterday, played superbly. Keep it up guys and you will reap your rewards! Up the Dale!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024