Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City vs Everton Matchday thread 09:19 - Dec 22 with 20682 viewsJackfath

VS

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Official Swansea City vs Everton Matchday thread on 19:44 - Dec 22 with 1895 viewsPlasticman

Everton feels to me like one of our bogey teams, so....

Can't really be worked up by a loss to them.

Plastic since 2012

The Official Swansea City vs Everton Matchday thread on 19:55 - Dec 22 with 1852 viewsairedale

The Official Swansea City vs Everton Matchday thread on 19:44 - Dec 22 by Plasticman

Everton feels to me like one of our bogey teams, so....

Can't really be worked up by a loss to them.

Cool.
The Official Swansea City vs Everton Matchday thread on 19:57 - Dec 22 with 1841 viewscockneyswan

The Official Swansea City vs Everton Matchday thread on 19:36 - Dec 22 by monmouth

The usual stuff from the usual suspects then.

I'm leaving those that are inclined to your truly wancky frothing mouthed indignation, but personally I thought we played well against one of the form teams of the premier league...maybe even the form team of the premier league. If they had Suarez they'd be head to head with the Sheiks. A draw would have been pretty fair, but can't argue with them winning as they had a little more in key areas and Barklay.

Got to agree with this.
The Official Swansea City vs Everton Matchday thread on 20:02 - Dec 22 with 1826 viewsMolliemick

Davies did well covering for the other (non-existent) full back but was skinned by Coleman in his own defensive position; an infuriating player who panics and gives away fatal free kivks.
We were beaten by two class goals and a draw would have been a fair result,
Bony was improved but still very very disappointing when one considers Shane Long was priced at only £6 million.
The Official Swansea City vs Everton Matchday thread on 20:48 - Dec 22 with 1705 viewsJohnw102

Just got home and reading this thread, I do wonder if I was at the same match as some of the posters here. Yes Ben was at fault with the push late on in the game that gave away the free kick, but for the rest of the game I thought he was outstanding and our MOTM he is 20 years old and learning his craft, try and remember that. If some of our high priced imports put in the work rate and drive that Ben does then we would be winning more games. JJS apart we do not seem to have players who are prepared to take a shot, but would rather pass the ball to somebody else. Canas is looking better the more he plays, Routledge is just half the player he was last season, pity as after last year I thought he would have progressed, but at the moment seems to be lacking confidence. Ash and Chico looked solid ensuing that Lukaku didn't have a kick. Bony did well had one outstanding chance in the first half which he got under and it headed for row Z Pablo and JDG have got to start to put in more effort both have great abilities, but disappear from the game for periods. All in all I thought we did well today against a class side and a draw could have been had. I don't see we have too much to worry about and will end the season with a solid mid table position again.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

The Official Swansea City vs Everton Matchday thread on 20:51 - Dec 22 with 1693 viewsJackanapes

Have to agree about both De Guzman and Hernandez. Two of our most able players who, recently at least, have contributed very little.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

The Official Swansea City vs Everton Matchday thread on 21:24 - Dec 22 with 1615 viewsDanishDuck

The Official Swansea City vs Everton Matchday thread on 20:48 - Dec 22 by Johnw102

Just got home and reading this thread, I do wonder if I was at the same match as some of the posters here. Yes Ben was at fault with the push late on in the game that gave away the free kick, but for the rest of the game I thought he was outstanding and our MOTM he is 20 years old and learning his craft, try and remember that. If some of our high priced imports put in the work rate and drive that Ben does then we would be winning more games. JJS apart we do not seem to have players who are prepared to take a shot, but would rather pass the ball to somebody else. Canas is looking better the more he plays, Routledge is just half the player he was last season, pity as after last year I thought he would have progressed, but at the moment seems to be lacking confidence. Ash and Chico looked solid ensuing that Lukaku didn't have a kick. Bony did well had one outstanding chance in the first half which he got under and it headed for row Z Pablo and JDG have got to start to put in more effort both have great abilities, but disappear from the game for periods. All in all I thought we did well today against a class side and a draw could have been had. I don't see we have too much to worry about and will end the season with a solid mid table position again.

Ben been the best player this season for the Swans imo, cant really blame him much in any games.
The Official Swansea City vs Everton Matchday thread on 21:24 - Dec 22 with 1615 viewsmax936

The Official Swansea City vs Everton Matchday thread on 20:48 - Dec 22 by Johnw102

Good post, I really don't think we deserved that at the end to be honest, but we do really need to be far more creative in the final 3rd, our corners and set pieces around the opposition's box doesn't cause any fears for teams.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City vs Everton Matchday thread on 21:50 - Dec 22 with 1555 viewsVetchitBack

Hernandez and De Guzman. Two players who typify what we lack as a team. Namely courage, desire and urgency. A few more Shelveys would be nice.

And as for the happy-clappers with their "We actually played really well" or "(insert team) are really good" excuses. We simply haven't performed to our capability this season. Admitting this to yourself is the first step.

I'm sick of seeing us not pressure the ball allowing teams to sometimes get as far as our box without a tackle being put in - then to see teams close us down immediately starting at our fullbacks. It's like we are actively giving teams an advantage tactically. Maybe this worked on the continent but doesn't appear to here.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

The Official Swansea City vs Everton Matchday thread on 21:52 - Dec 22 with 1547 viewsJBT95

We were going to have a 'bad' season eventually, hopefully this is it.
The Official Swansea City vs Everton Matchday thread on 22:12 - Dec 22 with 1498 viewsmawdlamjack

sickof watching players ghost past jdg who then lets them run the length of the pitch with the ball while he jogs alongside or behind not putting in a challenge,this led to second goal.
as a team the performance was much better today, bony put in a great shift and we lost to a strong everton team who needed 2 excellent goals to turn us over,if we can press more in midfield the results will start to come. strangely optimistic after todays defeat,lets hope they have a go at chelsea.
merry xmas

on the northbank since 64 now languishing in the east stand

The Official Swansea City vs Everton Matchday thread on 22:58 - Dec 22 with 1414 viewsAndy1300

Goals here....

http://www.premier-football-news.net/premier-league/swansea-city-vs-everton-1-2-

The swerve on the ball for the 1st is unbelievable

Number 1 team in Wales

The Official Swansea City vs Everton Matchday thread on 23:05 - Dec 22 with 1411 viewsborinifanclub

The Official Swansea City vs Everton Matchday thread on 22:12 - Dec 22 by mawdlamjack

sickof watching players ghost past jdg who then lets them run the length of the pitch with the ball while he jogs alongside or behind not putting in a challenge,this led to second goal.
as a team the performance was much better today, bony put in a great shift and we lost to a strong everton team who needed 2 excellent goals to turn us over,if we can press more in midfield the results will start to come. strangely optimistic after todays defeat,lets hope they have a go at chelsea.
merry xmas

Agree with all your points....felt sorry for Ben as he had a great game... Bony had.a fine game against Jagielka his strength was awesome so cut him some slack ...we deserved a draw .....I also thought the ref was poor and favoured Everton in his decision making.... we can now move on and show chelski we can beat them without the ball boys help

Every day I thank the good Lord for the blessings he gives me. Every new day gives me a new opportunity to laugh at the red chumps up the road.

The Official Swansea City vs Everton Matchday thread on 06:11 - Dec 23 with 1240 viewsDr_Winston

A game that we could have got something out of, indeed looked like getting someone out of until Laudrup f*cked up our momentum by taking Bony off. Much better performance on the whole than we've put in as of late, and against a weaker side we'd probably have taken all three points. Need to improve our final ball into the box however as that let us down big time.

No surprise to see whipping boy De Guzman take pelters from the usual suspects on here but overall our midfield did quite well, Canas especially. Routledge and Hernandez should both have done a lot better.

Out wide and up front obvious places in need of strengthening in the window. Given Laudrup's track record with strikers he identifies himself however I'm not confident on the latter.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Swansea City vs Everton Matchday thread on 09:24 - Dec 23 with 1152 viewsstircrazyjack

The Official Swansea City vs Everton Matchday thread on 06:11 - Dec 23 by Dr_Winston

A game that we could have got something out of, indeed looked like getting someone out of until Laudrup f*cked up our momentum by taking Bony off. Much better performance on the whole than we've put in as of late, and against a weaker side we'd probably have taken all three points. Need to improve our final ball into the box however as that let us down big time.

No surprise to see whipping boy De Guzman take pelters from the usual suspects on here but overall our midfield did quite well, Canas especially. Routledge and Hernandez should both have done a lot better.

Out wide and up front obvious places in need of strengthening in the window. Given Laudrup's track record with strikers he identifies himself however I'm not confident on the latter.

Come on jamey, jdg went missing again at start of second half but laudrup taking bony off was bizarre and handed everton the momentam again.
The Official Swansea City vs Everton Matchday thread on 09:48 - Dec 23 with 1130 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Swansea City vs Everton Matchday thread on 06:11 - Dec 23 by Dr_Winston

id agree with that. However jdg should have clipped the boy further up the field before Ben did. We are too naive. nobody got on the refs case either

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024