Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TONIGHTS GAME V HARTLEPOOL UTD 19:33 - Sep 24 with 10388 viewsEdindale

Up the 'Dale looking for a positive result after a couple of setbacks. Hope we have learnt the lessons.
TONIGHTS GAME V HARTLEPOOL UTD on 20:30 - Sep 24 with 6993 viewsregjenkins

Not been much quality so far from both sides.

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

TONIGHTS GAME V HARTLEPOOL UTD on 20:35 - Sep 24 with 6932 viewsregjenkins

I'm glad I spoke too soon.. 😌

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

TONIGHTS GAME V HARTLEPOOL UTD on 20:36 - Sep 24 with 6917 views_Windydale

Hartlepool should be there for taking. We need to be more aggressive and confident against teams in disarray. Plenty of crosses and looking more dangerous towards the end of the half though
TONIGHTS GAME V HARTLEPOOL UTD on 20:43 - Sep 24 with 6783 viewsnordenblue

TONIGHTS GAME V HARTLEPOOL UTD on 20:36 - Sep 24 by _Windydale

Hartlepool should be there for taking. We need to be more aggressive and confident against teams in disarray. Plenty of crosses and looking more dangerous towards the end of the half though

Hartlepool look terrible but with Madine up front keep firing crosses into the box and one will drop for him sooner or later, need to stop the supply to him.

Well taken goal to open the scoring, Hartlepool are def there for the taking if we put them under decent pressure.
TONIGHTS GAME V HARTLEPOOL UTD on 20:48 - Sep 24 with 6742 viewsYorkshire_Dale

TONIGHTS GAME V HARTLEPOOL UTD on 20:43 - Sep 24 by nordenblue

Hartlepool look terrible but with Madine up front keep firing crosses into the box and one will drop for him sooner or later, need to stop the supply to him.

Well taken goal to open the scoring, Hartlepool are def there for the taking if we put them under decent pressure.

Luke Charman is having a shocker.....surely they will cart him off at HT
TONIGHTS GAME V HARTLEPOOL UTD on 21:03 - Sep 24 with 6588 viewsnordenblue

TONIGHTS GAME V HARTLEPOOL UTD on 20:48 - Sep 24 by Yorkshire_Dale

Luke Charman is having a shocker.....surely they will cart him off at HT

Not sure he's happy the position he's playing either, but yes he was very poor first half
TONIGHTS GAME V HARTLEPOOL UTD on 21:09 - Sep 24 with 6525 viewstony_roch975

Dale soak up Hartlepool pressure then attack with a lovely ball from Gordon inside the FB, quick flat cross by TAR & Mitchell taps in from 2 yards
[Post edited 24 Sep 21:44]

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

TONIGHTS GAME V HARTLEPOOL UTD on 21:16 - Sep 24 with 6419 views442Dale

TONIGHTS GAME V HARTLEPOOL UTD on 21:03 - Sep 24 by nordenblue

Not sure he's happy the position he's playing either, but yes he was very poor first half

He played there in our game at Fylde last season and played well.

Talking of those playing well, Ferguson has been good so far. His recovery after a Gordon mistake in the first half was crucial.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

TONIGHTS GAME V HARTLEPOOL UTD on 21:26 - Sep 24 with 6250 viewstony_roch975

Dale soak up more pressure, Henderson plays a lovely ball through the centre to Rodney who rounds the keeper and slots home

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

TONIGHTS GAME V HARTLEPOOL UTD on 21:50 - Sep 24 with 5822 viewsEdindale

Perfect away team performance. Ferguson very solid. East my MoM.
TONIGHTS GAME V HARTLEPOOL UTD on 21:52 - Sep 24 with 5789 views_Windydale

Be a great mood in the car or coach homeward bound.Safe drive home for the 155.
TONIGHTS GAME V HARTLEPOOL UTD on 21:53 - Sep 24 with 5770 viewsD_Alien

That's a really good way to get back on track

There's a bit of a gap starting to open up between the playoff places and the rest, even at this stage. We've clearly got what it takes to be up there, just need to take that further step against opponents determined to sit back at the COA

Not having Sassi or EEL in the side hardly hindered us

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

TONIGHTS GAME V HARTLEPOOL UTD on 22:00 - Sep 24 with 5619 viewsrichfoad32

Perfect away performance a la Aldershot, only downside was Gilmour going off. He looked disconsolate, hope it's not a bad one.
TONIGHTS GAME V HARTLEPOOL UTD on 22:08 - Sep 24 with 5488 viewsNorthernDale

Good result tonight, it also allowed us to give game time to Ayinde and Westley to allow them to get the experience they need.

Did Gilmour's injury look serious?
TONIGHTS GAME V HARTLEPOOL UTD on 22:12 - Sep 24 with 5374 viewsborodale

[Post edited 24 Sep 22:16]
TONIGHTS GAME V HARTLEPOOL UTD on 22:13 - Sep 24 with 5353 views442Dale

TONIGHTS GAME V HARTLEPOOL UTD on 22:08 - Sep 24 by NorthernDale

Good result tonight, it also allowed us to give game time to Ayinde and Westley to allow them to get the experience they need.

Did Gilmour's injury look serious?

He was visibly struggling after a challenge near the touchline. Ankle or foot at a guess.

Burger did well in midfield though after that. Industrious to the point we didn’t have a real problems after the substitution.

We managed the game excellently, especially after the break when they chucked everything at us with little quality. Bided our time and then got the second.

TONIGHTS GAME V HARTLEPOOL UTD on 22:16 - Sep 24 with 5279 viewsEllDale

Hartlepool were “totally outfootballed” according to Jeff Stelling on X.
TONIGHTS GAME V HARTLEPOOL UTD on 22:27 - Sep 24 with 5067 views442Dale

TONIGHTS GAME V HARTLEPOOL UTD on 22:16 - Sep 24 by EllDale

Hartlepool were “totally outfootballed” according to Jeff Stelling on X.

Our most professional display of the season so far. Really hope displays like this are remembered after our next defeat.

Yes, the manager has a responsibility to ensure we don’t lapse back into being slow and ineffective. But there’s no doubt we don’t have that as our preferred way of playing. We want to pass quickly into forward areas but we need to try and eliminate falling into the trap of becoming ponderous in our own third.

Ferguson’s presence may be the main influence on this.

TONIGHTS GAME V HARTLEPOOL UTD on 23:14 - Sep 24 with 4699 viewsYorkshire_Dale

TONIGHTS GAME V HARTLEPOOL UTD on 22:27 - Sep 24 by 442Dale

Our most professional display of the season so far. Really hope displays like this are remembered after our next defeat.

Yes, the manager has a responsibility to ensure we don’t lapse back into being slow and ineffective. But there’s no doubt we don’t have that as our preferred way of playing. We want to pass quickly into forward areas but we need to try and eliminate falling into the trap of becoming ponderous in our own third.

Ferguson’s presence may be the main influence on this.

The opposition tonight were night on shocking and their home record is poor so we took a really good chance to impress. Clawed back some positive GD. Clean sheet , feelgood back in business. Pity about Gilmour though.

Feel for Pools supporters, but can't remember giving our lot such vitriol when we were struggling, were we ever that bad though?
TONIGHTS GAME V HARTLEPOOL UTD on 23:15 - Sep 24 with 4682 viewsdingdangblue

Absolutely love that 3rd goal. McNicholas long kick to Mitchell, pass to Hendo, pass to Rodney to round the keeper and finish. So simple.
[Post edited 24 Sep 23:22]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

TONIGHTS GAME V HARTLEPOOL UTD on 23:55 - Sep 24 with 4443 views_Windydale

TONIGHTS GAME V HARTLEPOOL UTD on 23:15 - Sep 24 by dingdangblue

Absolutely love that 3rd goal. McNicholas long kick to Mitchell, pass to Hendo, pass to Rodney to round the keeper and finish. So simple.
[Post edited 24 Sep 23:22]

TONIGHTS GAME V HARTLEPOOL UTD on 01:10 - Sep 25 with 4109 viewsSandyman

TONIGHTS GAME V HARTLEPOOL UTD on 23:14 - Sep 24 by Yorkshire_Dale

The opposition tonight were night on shocking and their home record is poor so we took a really good chance to impress. Clawed back some positive GD. Clean sheet , feelgood back in business. Pity about Gilmour though.

Feel for Pools supporters, but can't remember giving our lot such vitriol when we were struggling, were we ever that bad though?

Yes we did, yes we were. Simpson, Barrow times. We've been there.

Tonight, after a slow start, Dale showed their best qualities. Against a struggling side, yes, but we did the perfect professional away performance. Our team looked like one and played as a unit. Ferguson in the key CB position makes us so much better at defending, regardless of the sideways tippy tappy rituals we have to go through.

As v Aldershot, Dale fans were well served by screening the game in Ratcliffes. Happy punters again!
TONIGHTS GAME V HARTLEPOOL UTD on 01:39 - Sep 25 with 4033 viewsSandyman

The opinion of one well known and respected football pundit:
TONIGHTS GAME V HARTLEPOOL UTD on 08:05 - Sep 25 with 3060 viewsTalkingSutty

TONIGHTS GAME V HARTLEPOOL UTD on 23:14 - Sep 24 by Yorkshire_Dale

Hartlepool actually had some talented players on the pitch, especially in their forward line and we earned the right to win the game through our hard work on the night, without that graft we don't win. They had a right good go, especially for a spell at the start of the second half.

As somebody who doesn't have much faith in any of our central defenders ( I think it's the soft spot of our team) I thought Ferguson had a great game last night and he's now played nearly three games and been excellent. I'm willing to give him a clean slate again now because he's proved that he's more than capable at this level, his last three performances have converted me and i was too harsh in my assessment from last season and pre season friendlies. I'm still not sure why McNulty preferred Sassi, a loan players over one of our own. Hopefully Ferguson will now nail down that spot.
[Post edited 25 Sep 8:22]
TONIGHTS GAME V HARTLEPOOL UTD on 08:17 - Sep 25 with 2881 viewsNorthernDale

Apparently Sassi could be out for six weeks, so Ferguson can establish himself in the defence.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024