Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards 13:27 - May 31 with 23243 viewsKeithHaynes

Matt Grimes, looks likely bids will be received.

Jay Fulton, has he done all he can at Swansea ?

Jamal Lowe, retain or put in the shop window ?

Jan Dhanda, there are a few suitors, let him leave ?

The swans will almost certainly retain
Ryan Bennett, Jake Bidwell, Joel Latibeaudiere, Ben Cabango, Conner Roberts, Korey Smith, Steven Benda, Ben Hamer, George Byers, Jordon Garrick, Morgan Whittaker, Liam Cullen, Ryan Manning. Oli Cooper, Brandon Cooper, Cameron Evans, Daniel Williams. ( Regards Roberts and Cabango, they need another Championship season for me )

Decisions to be made on Rushesha, Freeman, John, Webb, Gould, Mckay, Routledge

Possible inclusion for 2021/22 season ?
Al Hamadi, Govea.

Loan players, consider them all gone.
Out of contract Ayew, consider him gone.

Any thoughts ? I’ll pin this thread and amend etc, for the immediate future

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 18:59 - Jun 8 with 2872 viewsmax936

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 18:52 - Jun 8 by ploppy

In my opinion, we should be trying to get a proper two-footed midfielder who can actually control a game. It was so refreshing to see Romania's first time passing against Engerland on ... whenever. None of this take a touch or two to control it, manoeuvre the ball onto the only foot I have and then give a percentage pass to ... normally the left back. I think we need a change.

Spot on, except for the fact that players like that, never come cheap and clubs don't let multi tasking midfielders go.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 06:23 - Jun 9 with 2671 viewsBrynmill_Jack

In my opinion, we should be trying to get a proper two-footed midfielder who can actually control a game. It was so refreshing to see Romania's first time passing against Engerland on ... whenever. None of this take a touch or two to control it, manoeuvre the ball onto the only foot I have and then give a percentage pass to ... normally the left back. I think we need a change.

I hope Grimes goes. If he’s the best we’ve got then we’re farked.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 07:34 - Jun 9 with 2655 viewsangryjack

You could get michel platini,,but if the movement ain't there and everyone is static and no runners into space, unfortunately the only pass is a sideways pass or backward pass,,Romania passing looked good as there was movement off the ball,the pass is only as good as the runner making the pass,it's not Grimes fault...
Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 13:19 - Jun 9 with 2534 viewsploppy

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 07:34 - Jun 9 by angryjack

You could get michel platini,,but if the movement ain't there and everyone is static and no runners into space, unfortunately the only pass is a sideways pass or backward pass,,Romania passing looked good as there was movement off the ball,the pass is only as good as the runner making the pass,it's not Grimes fault...

Not entirely true. Any decent player receiving the ball should have already looked at what's around him and if there's a pass on he could play it first time. We have players who insist on taking a touch (or two, or three) before they play it - which slows everything down.
Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 17:03 - Jun 9 with 2370 viewsangryjack

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 13:19 - Jun 9 by ploppy

Not entirely true. Any decent player receiving the ball should have already looked at what's around him and if there's a pass on he could play it first time. We have players who insist on taking a touch (or two, or three) before they play it - which slows everything down.

Yes your right he does but it's usually backwards or sideways in this team because they are usually only passes on,,like I said no one is running into spaces dragging players to make space,or running in behind,for him to give the option,only passes on are to feet,easy balls even our forwards come deep with back to goal to have to feet instead of stretching teams..
Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 20:34 - Jun 9 with 2223 viewsploppy

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 17:03 - Jun 9 by angryjack

Yes your right he does but it's usually backwards or sideways in this team because they are usually only passes on,,like I said no one is running into spaces dragging players to make space,or running in behind,for him to give the option,only passes on are to feet,easy balls even our forwards come deep with back to goal to have to feet instead of stretching teams..

But that's the thing with Grimes. He will often take a pass inside from Bidwell, or whoever's LB, and then curl a ball down the left hand touchline into the left channel. Because he's so left footed, he can't do the same on the right side. So even if someone ran into the right channel, Grimes isn't capable of taking a pass from, say CR, and playing a ball into there. If he wants to play DM then fine, but he then needs to give the ball to someone with a greater range of pass. That's the person we're missing.
Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 23:38 - Jun 9 with 2111 viewsAndyCole

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 21:58 - Jun 7 by AndyCole

Re the OP:

Grimes is top of the list for a reason.

Grimes is our heartbeat, quarterback and playmaker. He not only recycles the ball better than most he plays the exquisite longer ball, links up beautifully in the Red zone with sublime finishing, and is our consistent creative presence in midfield.

We need to push Grimes further upfield. Give him a Busquets-type to feed off and an Iniesta to link with further forward.

Cooper sees his potential. They have both earned the right to choose to take us to the next level, or choose the EPL now.

Grimes and Coops are top of the list, for a reason.

Both rightfully heavily tipped for Prem League stardom.

The so-called fans that were never able to see clearly - says it all.

Let's hope they both stay and continue to drive us upwards to where they (and some of us) belong.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 00:23 - Jun 10 with 2096 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 23:38 - Jun 9 by AndyCole

Grimes and Coops are top of the list, for a reason.

Both rightfully heavily tipped for Prem League stardom.

The so-called fans that were never able to see clearly - says it all.

Let's hope they both stay and continue to drive us upwards to where they (and some of us) belong.

Yes let’s see how they do in the premier league. I can’t wait for them to get the opportunity

Login to get fewer ads

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 04:20 - Jun 10 with 2080 viewsangryjack

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 20:34 - Jun 9 by ploppy

But that's the thing with Grimes. He will often take a pass inside from Bidwell, or whoever's LB, and then curl a ball down the left hand touchline into the left channel. Because he's so left footed, he can't do the same on the right side. So even if someone ran into the right channel, Grimes isn't capable of taking a pass from, say CR, and playing a ball into there. If he wants to play DM then fine, but he then needs to give the ball to someone with a greater range of pass. That's the person we're missing.

Great passer of the ball,as have been shown under potter,if nothing on how can you blame him a good pass can only be executed if the movement and runners off the ball otherwise the pass becomes boring pedestrianised passes to feet (sideways or backwards)
Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 08:40 - Jun 10 with 1980 viewsBoundy

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 04:20 - Jun 10 by angryjack

Great passer of the ball,as have been shown under potter,if nothing on how can you blame him a good pass can only be executed if the movement and runners off the ball otherwise the pass becomes boring pedestrianised passes to feet (sideways or backwards)

Very true , a pass is only as good as a. the passer ,b. the receiver being willing to make the run or at least not hide behind an opposition player , of which too many of our players have been guilty of.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 09:17 - Jun 10 with 1936 viewsangryjack

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 08:40 - Jun 10 by Boundy

Very true , a pass is only as good as a. the passer ,b. the receiver being willing to make the run or at least not hide behind an opposition player , of which too many of our players have been guilty of.

Exactly what I'm trying to say,the way we set up is so tight and cautious,no one willing to run break the lines looking for ball in behind,we always looking easy ball to feet to go nowhere,and then when pressurised we hit long balls anywhere into space,a nothing pass for Lowe or ayew to chase down..
Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 12:25 - Jun 10 with 1811 viewsReslovenSwan1

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 09:17 - Jun 10 by angryjack

Exactly what I'm trying to say,the way we set up is so tight and cautious,no one willing to run break the lines looking for ball in behind,we always looking easy ball to feet to go nowhere,and then when pressurised we hit long balls anywhere into space,a nothing pass for Lowe or ayew to chase down..

Smith, Fulton Grimes are defensive midfielders. Grafters with little consistent goal threat. Swansea have struggled over the years to find a balance. Dhanda is more attacking and Hourahane flopped in the attacking role.

In the promotion season it was goal less Allen, Gower and Britton but they had Dobbie as the injector of zip and goals.

In the mid PL years Swansea had a shortage of defensive midfilers, just Britton and Canas for a while and a surplus of attacking midfielders. Ki, Shelvey, Sigurdson, De Guzman, Pozuelo who were all suited to the 10. Pozuelo would be just the ticket these days. Probably still young enough. Never quite understood why he left. Luadrup rated him. Part of the 'Great Protestant purge' of 2015 .
[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 12:26]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 07:31 - Jun 11 with 1507 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 12:25 - Jun 10 by ReslovenSwan1

Smith, Fulton Grimes are defensive midfielders. Grafters with little consistent goal threat. Swansea have struggled over the years to find a balance. Dhanda is more attacking and Hourahane flopped in the attacking role.

In the promotion season it was goal less Allen, Gower and Britton but they had Dobbie as the injector of zip and goals.

In the mid PL years Swansea had a shortage of defensive midfilers, just Britton and Canas for a while and a surplus of attacking midfielders. Ki, Shelvey, Sigurdson, De Guzman, Pozuelo who were all suited to the 10. Pozuelo would be just the ticket these days. Probably still young enough. Never quite understood why he left. Luadrup rated him. Part of the 'Great Protestant purge' of 2015 .
[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 12:26]

I never want to see Hourihane or Dhanda in a Swansea shirt again.

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 08:27 - Jun 11 with 1458 viewsangryjack

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 07:31 - Jun 11 by Brynmill_Jack

Just like Grimes,,Chanda ain't suited to Cooper's boring rigid style,,but good player.
Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 08:41 - Jun 11 with 1440 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 08:27 - Jun 11 by angryjack

Just like Grimes,,Chanda ain't suited to Cooper's boring rigid style,,but good player.

Inconsistent, flatters to deceive , not robust enough for the Championship and not enough quality for the PL . If there was anything about him Potter would have taken him to Brighton.

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 11:34 - Jun 11 with 1350 viewsploppy

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 08:27 - Jun 11 by angryjack

Nothing to do with Cooper. Dhanda simply isn't good enough. He'll do well in L1 or L2 though, if he can handle the physicality.
Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 12:00 - Jun 11 with 1329 viewsDr_Winston

I'd love to see how some people would rate Leon if he was playing in a Neil Warnock team.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 12:30 - Jun 11 with 1282 viewsWhiterockin

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 12:00 - Jun 11 by Dr_Winston

I'd love to see how some people would rate Leon if he was playing in a Neil Warnock team.

To short.
Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 16:38 - Jun 11 with 1123 viewsmax936

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 07:31 - Jun 11 by Brynmill_Jack

I'd give Dhanda a bit of grace, he's still young enough and he works and tries, a 90 percenter if not a 100 percenter, the other you mentioned I agree 100%.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 17:13 - Jun 11 with 1088 viewsThornburyswan

WOL linking us to Joel Piroe as our Ayew replacement, big gamble if true.
Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 17:27 - Jun 11 with 1059 viewsBoundy

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 17:13 - Jun 11 by Thornburyswan

WOL linking us to Joel Piroe as our Ayew replacement, big gamble if true.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-eye-up-1

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 17:31 - Jun 11 with 1046 viewsWhiterockin

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 17:27 - Jun 11 by Boundy

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-eye-up-1

https://www.vi.nl/nieuws/psv-ontvangt-uit-championship-aanbieding-van-twee-miljo
Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 20:13 - Jun 11 with 922 viewsmonmouth

Decision days ahead from June 1st onwards on 12:00 - Jun 11 by Dr_Winston

Or a Steve Cooper team.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024