Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Hodkinson: Inside the Boardroom Pt. III 16:10 - Mar 23 with 4138 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/54615/mark-hodkinson-inside

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Mark Hodkinson: Inside the Boardroom Pt. III on 10:31 - Mar 26 with 743 viewsDaleiLama

Mark Hodkinson: Inside the Boardroom Pt. III on 07:29 - Mar 26 by James1980

I am not saying there are no problems clearly there are but I am starting to think (sorry I'm not going to stop, it's all I have in my life) nothing they can do is right and it will be met with derision and or suspicion. It seems the only things that will receive a truly positive response are the tearing up of two contracts.

BBM's contract extension has not been awarded on merit. Everyone wants him to succeed and the club to be successful. For the majority of his tenure, however, the football has been sterile and a difficult watch, interspersed with a sprinkling of magic which has been "just enough" to prevent a mass fan exodus and keep the bailiffs from the door courtesy of cup runs (but that cup didn't runneth over this year it dried up when we arguably needed it most!) We have seen the type and style of football we are occasionally capable of but everyone can see where we are in the league. No one wants to see a likeable fella with a young family to support having his contract torn up, but in a position which is judged on results (at least at most clubs) it is an occupational risk. It is also something he has a direct influence on and therefore can do something about it, like he did when he took over from Hilly. If he doesn't ................

As far as the other contract is concerned, any relationship of any sort is based on trust.
Just consider some of the major issues:
A past associated with financial irregularity (not coincidentally, actually called antitrust in the US!)
Appointed himself CEO.
Extended a contract in secret with no announcement (he is no wallflower when it comes to courting publicity on every other occasion).
Oversaw the dismantling of Goldbond with all the benefits for everyone involved with it, including club and community.
Thought a strategy of trying to blow smoke up our @rses with a few more badly chosen words of self-aggrandisement would make things better when the ST announcement is weeks away.

I'm struggling to imagine how he might regain the trust of the majority. It certainly won't be done with statements like that or the tragicomedy farce at the fans forum. Honest open statements might be a start, but actions speak far, far louder than badly chosen words. He is a leader - leaders lead by good example, not bad.

You are loyal to a fault James and it is a commendable quality in many regards, but loyalty to the exclusion of all else is not a good strategy. Put the lipstick away ...... it won't change what it is trying to conceal beneath.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024