Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 14:11 - Jan 6 with 22701 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 17:47 - Jan 6 with 4215 viewsdingdangblue

Hilly and the boys played a 'peaky' blinder! 😉

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DS353iBW4AAqmN6?format=jpg

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 17:47 - Jan 6 with 4211 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 14:41 - Jan 6 by Yorkshire_Dale

Do we know Donny's team yet......at least that Ben Whiteman who scored the opener last week would n't be playing,he's gone back to his parent Club.......

Does 'nt look like we're bothered?

Doesn't it?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 17:59 - Jan 6 with 4088 viewsnordenblue

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 17:13 - Jan 6 by DaveDave

Man City at home will do nicely £££££££££££££

Away would do much better........
Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 18:01 - Jan 6 with 4065 viewsrochdaleriddler

Excellent result

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 19:00 - Jan 6 with 3789 views442Dale

There was enough in that performance to show there's hope going forward. What stood out above everything else was that the players all seemed totally aware of their positions and roles with the wing-backs system. Should we deviate away from this dependent on opposition etc then we will be doing ourselves no favours, because by utilising it we have a set of players who seem comfortable playing it.

A good example is Ntlhe, he's not ever looked comfortable at LB or CH but as one of a three he seems a more setltled player who just defends with the knowledge others are around to cover. Bunney and Cannon offer more than they have due to form or non-inclusion as wing-backs and Done can play centrally up front.

Also, a word for Mark Kitching who has made little impact in his year at the club, but withing this formation as one of the midfield three we may have a footballer on our hands. That he has an out ball to a wing-back or one of two strikers helps him no end.

The frustration is we discarded the three at the back after one bad half at Bradford when the main issue was giving away stupid free kicks and being unable to defend the subsequent balls into the box. That can happen with four at the back too.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 19:01 - Jan 6 with 3771 viewsDaley_Lama

Page 1 of this thread is classic team/formation/manager bashing.

Hilly however learnt every single lesson from last weeek.

Their main outlet Marquis did nowt and got nowt apart from a boot by big Jim in the first minute. He couldn’t beat Jim in the air so he did as he did last week and moved wherever Nthle was. The difference was, Nthle was much wider this week and his headers and knock downs far less troublesome.

At the other end, the ball was sticking with Calvin and not being returned in spades everytime we cleared it. Calv was monstering their CH in the same way Marquis did last Friday.

We were on top when we scored and first half they created little.

Second half was more like a cup match, Lillis made a great save when all was lost, they hit the post, fired over when easier to hit the target. At the other end we had a good few really good break chances but messed them all up.

Spot on by Hilly to counter their strengths, really good effort by all.

I will single out Kitching who possibly went under the radar for some, he had a really good game.

Poll: DF in or out

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 19:13 - Jan 6 with 3681 viewsrochdale_ranger

Didn’t go the game today but am so fooking happy to see that result, and even happier to hear they played well and functioned as a team under that formation ( as they did against Peterborough) if we can go there and get a result it gives me hope for the rest of the season. Here’s to drawing a massive team and remaining in league one.
Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 19:27 - Jan 6 with 3612 viewsD_Dale

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 17:17 - Jan 6 by 1mark1

Good results in League for us today.
Obviously we now hope that cup performances can carry on into League games.

Well, Northampton's win puts them 4 points ahead of Dale, one place above. Maybe there's a chance that Southend will slip further down the table, like the Biffoes have recently.

We also have games in hand, and there'll be another of those as Round 4 in three weekends' time will mean no trip to Walsall.

But bury - having lost at Plymouth (who began the season poorly but are now in the top half) - are still in bottom spot, 5 points behind.

Blackpool losing is a reminder of the difference a win on new year's day would have made - though there's little point in bemoaning what's past. Looking ahead, there are in the next few weeks some tough games - but also some winnable ones!
Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 19:42 - Jan 6 with 3550 viewsDaley_Lama

The Donny board is well worth a read folks.

Worst ref ever, they had 4 stonewall penalties, Marquis was victimised for 90 minutes, Jim should have walked for the foul in the first minute.

For any reading Donny fans, Marquis is a serial snidey cheat. When he can’t out-muscle his opponant he goes down like a wimp and then whinges when he doesn’t get the decision.

Last friday he got everything, today the ref gave him nothing and had him sussed from the moment he moaned at having to go off the pitch after being treated on the pitch.

The foul was a yellow, neither nasty enough or goal threatening enough for a red.

4 pens? Darren Ferguson would get 15 pens per game, the amount of times his teams throw themselves down. Seen it throughout his managerial career and today was nothing different.

Love trips to Donny, great ground, stewards and fans i met.

Don’t be blind to what is there in front of you, refs don’t have it in for you, sometimes they simply don’t fall for Feegie cheating.

Poll: DF in or out

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 19:46 - Jan 6 with 3526 viewsD_Dale

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 17:01 - Jan 6 by pioneer

I expect yeovil away in round 4!

At least there'd be a chance of a draw and home replay ...

Away to Millwall or Brentford would be a grimmer prospect.
Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 19:49 - Jan 6 with 3500 viewsfitzochris

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 19:46 - Jan 6 by D_Dale

Brentford are out, mate.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 19:50 - Jan 6 with 3485 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 19:46 - Jan 6 by D_Dale

I bet we don't draw Brentford.

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 19:56 - Jan 6 with 3453 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 19:27 - Jan 6 by D_Dale

Well, Northampton's win puts them 4 points ahead of Dale, one place above. Maybe there's a chance that Southend will slip further down the table, like the Biffoes have recently.

We also have games in hand, and there'll be another of those as Round 4 in three weekends' time will mean no trip to Walsall.

But bury - having lost at Plymouth (who began the season poorly but are now in the top half) - are still in bottom spot, 5 points behind.

Blackpool losing is a reminder of the difference a win on new year's day would have made - though there's little point in bemoaning what's past. Looking ahead, there are in the next few weeks some tough games - but also some winnable ones!

Isn't it more important that Oldham lost rather than Northampton won, given the gap to 20th place is still six points?

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 20:01 - Jan 6 with 3433 viewsR17ALE

I agree with many of the assessments given by those who were at the game, and with none of the assessments by people who weren't at the game. Compare page 1 to page 4 of this thread!

Whilst it wasn't a great game, we showed guts today with most working tremendously hard to get us over the finishing line - a line many seem to have forgotten what it's like to cross.

For me Calvin was MOM as much for his work at the back as his goal, and helping younger players through the last quarter.

But, Andy Cannon gave everything to the cause today raising the question of where has he been all season.

The same can be said for Kitching who brings a calmness to the midfield, a bit of a shield to the left hand side of our defence and some much needed height.

442 was bang on when he said Ntlhe is more composed as part of a back three.

And when Bunney is on song we have genuine width.

On the downside, big Jim is not suited to playing football. A big ugly stopper he is without doubt and that's where it ends. Or should.

And Hendo cannot replicate Jamie Allen when he drops deep. He tries to, but gets in a tangle and in everybody else's way. He is far more effective up front.

But, overall, well done to the players for being brave enough to fight for the win, and making their own luck which was ridden 2 or 3 times.

Also, well done to the fans for great backing and sensing that with good support, the players could deliver the win.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 20:22 - Jan 6 with 3303 viewswimborne_dale

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 17:01 - Jan 6 by pioneer

I expect yeovil away in round 4!

That'd do me :)

Edgar Allan's Crow

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 20:37 - Jan 6 with 3214 viewsD_Dale

90 seconds of highlights (reckon Josh had the shot that hit the post covered ... ):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/fa-cup/video
Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 21:28 - Jan 6 with 2994 viewslove_the_dale

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 20:01 - Jan 6 by R17ALE

I agree with many of the assessments given by those who were at the game, and with none of the assessments by people who weren't at the game. Compare page 1 to page 4 of this thread!

Whilst it wasn't a great game, we showed guts today with most working tremendously hard to get us over the finishing line - a line many seem to have forgotten what it's like to cross.

For me Calvin was MOM as much for his work at the back as his goal, and helping younger players through the last quarter.

But, Andy Cannon gave everything to the cause today raising the question of where has he been all season.

The same can be said for Kitching who brings a calmness to the midfield, a bit of a shield to the left hand side of our defence and some much needed height.

On the downside, big Jim is not suited to playing football. A big ugly stopper he is without doubt and that's where it ends. Or should.

And Hendo cannot replicate Jamie Allen when he drops deep. He tries to, but gets in a tangle and in everybody else's way. He is far more effective up front.

But, overall, well done to the players for being brave enough to fight for the win, and making their own luck which was ridden 2 or 3 times.

Also, well done to the fans for great backing and sensing that with good support, the players could deliver the win.

I agree with all of this, except the comments about Jim McNulty. He is a fine footballer, good tackler, beats a man well and has good distribution. He only passes backwards or sideways when he can see there is no one moving up front for him to pass to - which unfortunately is too often. He is an inspiration to the other players and a loyal member of Rochdale AFC.

I would add to your excellent comments that Adshead looks like a fine prospect. He showed intelligence, took up good positions to receive the ball, and linked defence to attack admirably.
Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 21:54 - Jan 6 with 2884 viewsmikehunt

Nthle and Daniels defended brilliantly today. Threw themselves in front of everything. Big Jim has been missed, in my opinion. He did what he had to very well.
Cannon, as people have said, was a revelation. Second coming.
Calvin was everything you hope he should be. Out on his feet at the end but still managed to get back and make two crucial defensive headers. We still don't play to his strengths though: he wins the ball up to him 90% of the time and invariably tries to angle his header into the middle space, where not a single Dale player has bothered to run in to.
The one weakness today was Williams, I'm sorry to say. Epitomised by him breaking clear on goal with a potential one on one but bottled it and ran sideways where the attack fizzled out. Hope he comes good.
What a battling performance though. As someone else mentioned the "luck" today was earned by our performance: not gifted to us by a poor team (or poor ref Donny fans).

One more thing: Is Camps injured? My conspiracy theory mind is wondering if he is, perhaps, being protected for a move away.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2018 21:56]

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 22:28 - Jan 6 with 2756 viewsRobinHoodDale

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 20:01 - Jan 6 by R17ALE

Pretty much says it although I agree with love_the_dale about McNulty.

After Jim's sloppy tripping-up of their full-tilt attacker after 36 seconds, I was wincing at the possible outcome of the ref's deliberations and was thankful it was only a yellow card.

Beyond that, he didn't do too much wrong.

Bunney's left-footed curling delivery from the free kick on the right hand side was simply mind-blowing. I was sitting right behind it - and before it had even reached the players in the area, the Donny supporters around me said "Wow, that's a cross and a half". Calvin Andrew's header was one of the easier he will have from which to choose his target - the defence didn't move, the keeper didn't move. But he did the job.

After that, Dale could have run amok for the next 25 minutes in the first half. Doncaster just didn't seem interested. However, they did put together a few threatening attacks in the last 5 minutes of the first half which were well repelled.

Second half was much more evenly matched - and as folks have said, Dale rode their luck on a couple of occasions.

Calvin Andrew was a giant - MoM without a shadow - the Donny fans were simply begging him to stop winning the ball. However, in what was an overall galvanised team performance, I thought Cannon and Done were genuine dynamos today.

Nice to see the team, kitman and Keith acknowledge the support.

Three thoughts as I drove home down the A1 behind a gritter lorry:

1. I just hope that Ntlhe learns to drive the ball forwards rather than backwards. So many attacks can be created along the wing from a defensive position.
2. Keith's flat cap was so much more fetching than his recent orange bobbleless hat.
3. What will the 4th round draw bring ?

It seems beyond belief that less than 2 weeks ago these two sides played each other at the same venue and the performances of both sides were essentially reversed.
Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 22:38 - Jan 6 with 2707 viewsR17ALE

Isn't it nice when a match thread becomes dominated by people who went to the game. It becomes interesting.

Col. Please can you operate 2 boards.

1. For whingers who don't go and slag the club off.

2. For fans who watch the match and wish to discuss it sensibly?

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 22:45 - Jan 6 with 2666 viewsjudd

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 22:38 - Jan 6 by R17ALE

Isn't it nice when a match thread becomes dominated by people who went to the game. It becomes interesting.

Col. Please can you operate 2 boards.

1. For whingers who don't go and slag the club off.

2. For fans who watch the match and wish to discuss it sensibly?

Well said sir. Not all of us non whingers can get to away games so you r suggestion of a two tier posting approach is an outrage in my unbacked up opinion.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 00:03 - Jan 7 with 2452 viewsdownunder

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 22:45 - Jan 6 by judd

Well said sir. Not all of us non whingers can get to away games so you r suggestion of a two tier posting approach is an outrage in my unbacked up opinion.

Also well said.
Yours faithfully
Non whinger with major problem in getting to any games.
Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 09:14 - Jan 7 with 2189 viewsNorthernDale

I must admit KH got the team right, when we heard the team we were shaking our heads, but the Dale well yesterday, with Cannon being the MoM for me with his attacking role and excellent defending. I must also give credit to McNulty who organised the defence, making sure people where in the right positions when defending. I will give credit to Andrews who I still is not good enough due to his lack of positioning, lack of goals, but yesterday he played very well he got into the right positions, he played sensibly and did not get pushed around. In fact all the team should get praise for the effort they put in.

However the team something the failed to do most of the season, they passed the ball on the ground and ran at the defences to open them up and got into their faces, crucially instead of over passing the ball, we got the ball into the box straight we does not defenders to get organised. The game plan was better then the long ball football we have been seeing most of this season, which is meat and drink for defences in this league. One criticism is that we had the chances to kill the game and failed to take them, which is a weakness that as cost us all season and is one reason we have drawn 10 games this season.

Hopefully we can play like that at Gillingham next week and get some points.
Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 09:55 - Jan 7 with 2083 viewsColDale

Was there anyone not up in the air when Bunney's shot went whistling past the post? Must admit, it wasn't as close on the replays as I thought it was.
Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 10:08 - Jan 7 with 2040 viewsmacro

Isn’t it interesting that the posters who have done nothing but whinge, complain and slag the club off for he last weeks have been absent today.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024