Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Christmas Songs - best/worst. 11:30 - Dec 17 with 13750 viewsBluce_Ree

Not looking for some mad alternative xmas songs. Just the 'classics' please.

Best - Driving Home For Christmas. Who doesn't love a bit of Chris Rea at Christmas?! I'll tell you who. F**king ISIS, that's who.

Worst - Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time. C*nt song by a c*nt. Unlistenable shit to be fair. Bleak, cold, awful. Pretentious video too. I f**king hate him and I'll be glad when the c*nt is dead apart from the fact that we'll be inundated with shitty Beatles songs for a couple of weeks.

Look at it. F**king disgrace. It ruins EVERYTHING.

EDIT: note, I haven't checked the vids. They could be f**king anything to be fair.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2015 11:30]

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Christmas Songs - best/worst. on 11:44 - Dec 17 with 8639 viewsDiscodroids

I got a card in the post this year addressed to ' Flo and Norman' From 'Elsie and Len'.

If any of you have their address can you tell them i'll hold on to it for them or alternatively , when i turn up my toes through major organ failure at some point in 2016, i'll pass it on to them in the after life as they are undoubtedly dead given their names and the picture of an anglo saxon father christmas on their card.

Happy Christmas lad and lassies , and peace be upon our Cruel but forgiving Overlord , Clive. .

greg lake just shades Bowie and Bing for me.

detest this. pure evil.

[Post edited 17 Dec 2015 11:46]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Christmas Songs - best/worst. on 11:56 - Dec 17 with 8626 viewssimmo

I love this - it never gets boring (mainly because the radio hasn't killed it to death). It's not really one for xmas day by the fire, but I love that it exists and it's not cringeworthy.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Christmas Songs - best/worst. on 12:01 - Dec 17 with 8614 viewsHunterhoop

I bloody love Driving Home For Christmas. Great work, Chris Rea!

This is my joint favourite Christmas song with "Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow" preferably by Bing Crosby.

The one by George Michael, whatever it's called, is painfully awful.
Christmas Songs - best/worst. on 12:05 - Dec 17 with 8608 viewsElHoop

It's not very good and you don't hear this very often as a result. It's not even a Christmas song. But i like it.

Christmas Songs - best/worst. on 12:06 - Dec 17 with 8594 viewssimmo

Speaking of worst....

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Christmas Songs - best/worst. on 12:19 - Dec 17 with 8573 viewsTheBlob

Top of the tree.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Christmas Songs - best/worst. on 12:19 - Dec 17 with 8571 viewspaulparker

the best - Let it snow by Dean Martin, always makes me laugh that this is the end song to Die Hard 2 when about 4000 people have been shot dead and old dean is warbling away , truly sums up xmas that

the worst- anything by that kunt Michael buble, or those boy bands that pretend they are doing "swing" just fcuk off, no one will be dean, frank or Sammy infact I wish frank was alive to have a word with his mates in the mob so that buble sleeps with the fishes the bug eyed tvvat

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Christmas Songs - best/worst. on 12:29 - Dec 17 with 8556 viewsPommyhoop

Did someone say Bing Crosby ?

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Login to get fewer ads

Christmas Songs - best/worst. on 12:33 - Dec 17 with 8548 viewsCiderwithRsie

Christmas Songs - best/worst. on 12:06 - Dec 17 by simmo

Speaking of worst....

Bloody hell, a song about bell ends for Christmas?
Christmas Songs - best/worst. on 12:51 - Dec 17 with 8512 viewsTonto

there is no "best" Christmas song - they are all bloody awful and get horrendously overplayed in shops and malls the length and breadth of the Country from October until early January.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Christmas Songs - best/worst. on 13:22 - Dec 17 with 8492 views18StoneOfHoop

Good:

and

Bad.
Any of the insufferable monotonous unstoppable spirit-sapping non-stop horrible migraine-inducing piped generic background wallpaper christmas muzak playing in any chain store shop near you at the moment..
Driving me pushing me to the point of 'going postal'
My idea of hell is shopping for xmas presents in Westfield mall - the 2nd biggest in Europe - for more than 1 minute 30 seconds. It has all the relaxed breezy unstressed charm of the busiest day of the year at terminal 5 Heathrow airport.

Bluce and Hunter, have you tin ears or is that yous being ironical? Quit your messing. Chris Rea should not,of course, be seen or heard by any sane human being and lover of music under 60. On t'other hand maybe his daughter could be looked at as long as she don't start singing,I suppose,know what I mean Woking?
[Post edited 17 Dec 2015 13:28]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Christmas Songs - best/worst. on 13:49 - Dec 17 with 8447 viewsSimonJames

Best:

Honorable mention:

Worst:

Dishonourable mention:

100% of people who drink water will die.

Christmas Songs - best/worst. on 14:12 - Dec 17 with 8429 viewsheadhoops

Best - Jona Lewie - Stop the cavalry.
Worst - Jona Lewie - Stop the cavalry.
Its not a Christmas song its an anti war song.

Worst: Have a rockabilly roustabout Xmas time. (only kidding Willow).

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Christmas Songs - best/worst. on 14:17 - Dec 17 with 8422 viewsbillericaydicky

Christmas Songs - best/worst. on 11:44 - Dec 17 by Discodroids

I got a card in the post this year addressed to ' Flo and Norman' From 'Elsie and Len'.

If any of you have their address can you tell them i'll hold on to it for them or alternatively , when i turn up my toes through major organ failure at some point in 2016, i'll pass it on to them in the after life as they are undoubtedly dead given their names and the picture of an anglo saxon father christmas on their card.

Happy Christmas lad and lassies , and peace be upon our Cruel but forgiving Overlord , Clive. .

detest this. pure evil.

Oi Disco - nicking my material!! In any case it was from Reg & Elsie (I think).

Definitely the Paul McCartney song is the worst by far, with Chris Rea a close second.

I used to love ELP, but the Greg Lake song was and still is a bast*rd of a sell-out from a musician who should know better.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2015 14:20]
Christmas Songs - best/worst. (n/t) on 14:18 - Dec 17 with 8421 viewsbillericaydicky

Christmas Songs - best/worst. on 11:44 - Dec 17 by Discodroids

detest this. pure evil.

Bloody fat fingers, I've posted this twice!

I'll get me coat...
[Post edited 17 Dec 2015 14:22]
Christmas Songs - best/worst. on 14:26 - Dec 17 with 8398 viewsDiscodroids

Christmas Songs - best/worst. on 14:17 - Dec 17 by billericaydicky

Definitely the Paul McCartney song is the worst by far, with Chris Rea a close second.

I used to love ELP, but the Greg Lake song was and still is a bast*rd of a sell-out from a musician who should know better.

i did think of you dicky when i was posting it!/

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Christmas Songs - best/worst. on 16:06 - Dec 17 with 8366 viewstinhead

Another one that never gets played...

Puny God!

Christmas Songs - best/worst. on 16:19 - Dec 17 with 8352 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I never quite understand why the first Band Aid single comes in for so much flak.

They were basically writing it as they were recording it and while much that has followed has been shallow, I think Sir Bob was pretty genuine in his motivation.

Certainly did more good then any old pony that Stock, Aitkin, Waterman and Cowell's stooges trot out at this time of year.

Other that, they're all pretty vvank.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Christmas Songs - best/worst. on 16:28 - Dec 17 with 8345 viewsjonno

Christmas Songs - best/worst. on 14:17 - Dec 17 by billericaydicky

ELP were great IMHO. But I'm with Disco, the Greg Lake song is the best Christmas tune ever, not played often enough in my opinion. However, it was played at LR last Saturday!
Christmas Songs - best/worst. on 16:33 - Dec 17 with 8339 viewsscot1963

I love loads of Christmas songs - Slade etc etc but this is my own personal favourite

and this from an alternative genre

[Post edited 17 Dec 2015 16:40]
Christmas Songs - best/worst. on 16:38 - Dec 17 with 8332 viewsMonahoop

The only two I sort of like are The Pogues, Fairytail of New York and Slade's Merry Christmas. There was a good documenary on Radio 6 a couple of years back, about the making of the former song. Everyone but 'old rotten teeth' contributed to its making and development. He just turned up, changed the odd word and droned with Kirsty when it was time to record it. It was made at a time when most of the band were getting peed off with him anyway.
Merry Christmas, by Slade is a guilty pleasure of mine. I've no idea why I've stuck by it for so long, as nearly everyone I know hates it. Many a time in the past I nearly trashed my vocal cords trying to emulate Noddy shouting 'Its Christmas'! at the end. It's a harmless ditty I suppose. Oh, and the Pretenders Christmas number wasn't that bad either.
As for all other Christmas songs, I hate them with a passion. The really worst ones are Mistletoe and Wine by Cliff, that super sap Christmas song by Wham, that thing by Miss Carey and don't get me going on Lennon's sanctimonious, preaching, peace propaganda dirge, War is Over. Ughhh!!!

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Christmas Songs - best/worst. on 16:43 - Dec 17 with 8320 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Are you all mental?

There are no good Christmas songs. I'd consider three months in Timbuktu every year, but some Jihadi would probably have that Slade abomination as his ringtone.
Christmas Songs - best/worst. on 16:45 - Dec 17 with 8316 viewsscot1963

I HATE this one with a passion - how to murder a fairly harmless little ditty

Christmas Songs - best/worst. on 16:52 - Dec 17 with 8308 viewsTheBlob

Cobblers.....wrong one....

[Post edited 17 Dec 2015 17:04]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Christmas Songs - best/worst. on 16:54 - Dec 17 with 8303 viewsloftboy

Fúck me there's some miserable bastards on here, love them.all, singalong in my van all day Lon to all of them!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024