Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3-5-2 22:36 - Dec 28 with 4096 viewstherealme

Something I would like to see us try. It could work. Well it does in my head

I think Bony would appreciate another body alongside him and we can still compete in midfield

Francesco's black and white army ⚪️⚫️

3-5-2 on 22:53 - Dec 28 with 3065 viewsPhil_S

Who would you play in this formation?
3-5-2 on 23:08 - Dec 28 with 3042 viewsTheArtChappy

......................tremmel......
..Amat/Davies....Williams.....Chico...
.............Britton......Canas....
Hernandez......shelvy......lamah...
.............Vazquez....Bony
[Post edited 28 Dec 2013 23:10]

The Art Chappy A.K.A Chris Chapman
Poll: should 3pm kick offs be allowed to be brocasted live

3-5-2 on 23:16 - Dec 28 with 3003 viewsrollercoaster

3-5-2 on 23:08 - Dec 28 by TheArtChappy

We need a better option than Vazquez in January! Not strong enough unfortunately.
3-5-2 on 23:16 - Dec 28 with 3000 viewsQuakerJack

Wouldn't work because our other striking option is vasquez and he's dog-awful.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

3-5-2 on 23:19 - Dec 28 with 2992 viewsTheArtChappy

I'd swap him with michu when fit

The Art Chappy A.K.A Chris Chapman
Poll: should 3pm kick offs be allowed to be brocasted live

3-5-2 on 23:34 - Dec 28 with 2947 viewsC_jack

3-5-2 tends to work better when you are trying to get 2 good strikers in the same team. E.g sturridge and suarez at Lpool.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

3-5-2 on 10:57 - Dec 29 with 2797 viewstherealme

We would need players who can also defend out wide, Rangel and Davies would be my preferred 2

I'm not Vazquez's biggest fan but we've only seen him up front on his own. He might work better in a 2? When Michu is fit he plays

Midfield trio of Leon/Canas/Shelvey/JdG/Poz/Routs or Pablo in the whole
The midfield three could be 1 sitting, 2 in front.
2 sitting, 1 in the whole, flat 3, whatever

I dunno, I would just like us to try something different now and again. No secret Rodgers was working on 3-4-3 to add another string to our bow

Francesco's black and white army ⚪️⚫️

3-5-2 on 10:59 - Dec 29 with 2779 viewsperchrockjack

Laudrup takes off a 13m man for an untried under 21 Spanish boy who was surplus to Getafe .
That says a lot to me

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

3-5-2 on 11:10 - Dec 29 with 2767 viewsclement

3-5-2 on 10:59 - Dec 29 by perchrockjack

Laudrup takes off a 13m man for an untried under 21 Spanish boy who was surplus to Getafe .
That says a lot to me

Laudrup out!!!

Poll: who will be our manager next season?

3-5-2 on 11:31 - Dec 29 with 2740 viewsClinton

I'd like to see him use the false 9 again. Worked a treat against Newcastle who have won five from last seven.
Laudrup seems almost embarrassed that it worked so well.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

3-5-2 on 11:39 - Dec 29 with 2722 viewsPhil_S

3-5-2 on 10:59 - Dec 29 by perchrockjack

That says a lot to me

What does it say to you?
3-5-2 on 11:47 - Dec 29 with 2702 viewsJJJack

3-5-2 on 11:39 - Dec 29 by Phil_S

What does it say to you?

It's quite funny seeing you having a subtle pop at those who question ML, Phil. I'm wondering what the Trust's official opinion is on ML....if such an opinion exists? Some of your colleagues seem far less keen on the Great Dane than your good self. One could even reach an opinion that it was diametrically opposite to yours......
3-5-2 on 11:48 - Dec 29 with 2695 viewsQuakerJack

3-5-2 on 11:39 - Dec 29 by Phil_S

What does it say to you?

A lack of faith in Bony, a lack of fitness with Bony, compare his style to michu he barely expends half the energy michu does yet when fit he plays every minute of every game. That he sees something in vasquez that nobody else does and that certainly hasn't come out yet.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

3-5-2 on 11:52 - Dec 29 with 2675 viewsPhil_S

3-5-2 on 11:47 - Dec 29 by JJJack

It's quite funny seeing you having a subtle pop at those who question ML, Phil. I'm wondering what the Trust's official opinion is on ML....if such an opinion exists? Some of your colleagues seem far less keen on the Great Dane than your good self. One could even reach an opinion that it was diametrically opposite to yours......

Where's the pop in the question? I was interested as to what he says.

Also not sure why the Trust would have an official opinion on ML - football is all about opinions? Others on the Trust board will always have different views on football and individuals but for me ML comes in for some unfair criticism on here and also in the stands at the Liberty - he is far from perfect as is every football manager but some of the criticism is pure hyperbole

And the last statement almost makes it seem bad that people have an opposite opinion?

And also never swayed from my belief that he wont be here next season either

This post has been edited by an administrator
3-5-2 on 12:11 - Dec 29 with 2629 viewsJJJack

3-5-2 on 11:52 - Dec 29 by Phil_S

Where's the pop in the question? I was interested as to what he says.

Also not sure why the Trust would have an official opinion on ML - football is all about opinions? Others on the Trust board will always have different views on football and individuals but for me ML comes in for some unfair criticism on here and also in the stands at the Liberty - he is far from perfect as is every football manager but some of the criticism is pure hyperbole

And the last statement almost makes it seem bad that people have an opposite opinion?

And also never swayed from my belief that he wont be here next season either

This post has been edited by an administrator

Thank you for your reply. I just have noticed you getting a little hot under the collar about any ML criticism and I was thinking God knows what you must be encountering in the trust meetings as some of them seem desperate for ML to go and go now. Frankly I'm amazed quite how wound up people are getting with ML.....and the team in general for that matter. I probably tend to sway more to your opinion on this matter.

And if you actually believe for a minute that I think it's bad for people to have different opinions.....dear God! We are ALL massively hypocritical when it comes to this.
3-5-2 on 12:15 - Dec 29 with 2618 viewsPhil_S

3-5-2 on 12:11 - Dec 29 by JJJack

Thank you for your reply. I just have noticed you getting a little hot under the collar about any ML criticism and I was thinking God knows what you must be encountering in the trust meetings as some of them seem desperate for ML to go and go now. Frankly I'm amazed quite how wound up people are getting with ML.....and the team in general for that matter. I probably tend to sway more to your opinion on this matter.

And if you actually believe for a minute that I think it's bad for people to have different opinions.....dear God! We are ALL massively hypocritical when it comes to this.

Some people get wound up by it all but I'm not sure what we are expecting this season. If it ended with us 11th and we get knocked out in Europe by Napoli then to me that is a success given the fact we will have played over 50 games.

For some reason I think there was an expectation this season that we would improve on 9th place and a cup win but in reality was that ever gong to happen.

I don't think you believe its bad for others to have different opinions but there are those that believe the only opinion that is right is theirs. Reference the comments made in the Chelsea matchday thread or the thread where we were put in as relegation favourites given the fact that we have to play Man City and Man Utd still this season ignoring the fact that everyone else has to as well.

ML will be here come the last game of the season without a doubt, we will not be dragged into the relegation battle as our play over the 19 games played has shown already and come next August we will have a new manager at the helm.
3-5-2 on 13:05 - Dec 29 with 2571 viewswaynekerr55

3-5-2 on 12:15 - Dec 29 by Phil_S

Some people get wound up by it all but I'm not sure what we are expecting this season. If it ended with us 11th and we get knocked out in Europe by Napoli then to me that is a success given the fact we will have played over 50 games.

For some reason I think there was an expectation this season that we would improve on 9th place and a cup win but in reality was that ever gong to happen.

I don't think you believe its bad for others to have different opinions but there are those that believe the only opinion that is right is theirs. Reference the comments made in the Chelsea matchday thread or the thread where we were put in as relegation favourites given the fact that we have to play Man City and Man Utd still this season ignoring the fact that everyone else has to as well.

ML will be here come the last game of the season without a doubt, we will not be dragged into the relegation battle as our play over the 19 games played has shown already and come next August we will have a new manager at the helm.

I'd agree with almost all that you say, however you do have to question what the managers thinking was all of last year using that fraud Schecter and now playing Vasquez even though he's way out of his depth. Even a calm and rational man like yourself must get frustrated at that?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

3-5-2 on 13:15 - Dec 29 with 2550 viewsraynor94

3-5-2 on 12:15 - Dec 29 by Phil_S

Excellent post, i hope Perchy reads and digests, (i won't hold my breath)

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

3-5-2 on 13:20 - Dec 29 with 2540 viewsexiledclaseboy

If we play Bony and Vazquez at the same time we may end up losing minus two nil

Poll: Tory leader

3-5-2 on 23:56 - Dec 29 with 2397 views2face

3-5-2 on 13:05 - Dec 29 by waynekerr55

I'd agree with almost all that you say, however you do have to question what the managers thinking was all of last year using that fraud Schecter and now playing Vasquez even though he's way out of his depth. Even a calm and rational man like yourself must get frustrated at that?

So when Michu is out, he should play Bony in every game? Even when we have 3 games in 6 days?
3-5-2 on 08:44 - Dec 30 with 2290 viewssomersetsimon

3-5-2 on 23:16 - Dec 28 by QuakerJack

Wouldn't work because our other striking option is vasquez and he's dog-awful.

However well he is playing, I think his style would suit playing off a big striker winning balls in the air. It would be worth a shot in those games where we are 1-0 down and need a goal, rather than bringing Bony off and asking Vasquez to play up front on his own. That role certainly doesn't suit him.
3-5-2 on 08:53 - Dec 30 with 2284 viewsihatechopra

I would love to see this formation tried.
When all fit it would be great to see:
Vorm
Chico Williams Amat
Rangel Canas De Guzman Davies
Shelvey
Michu Bony

I think Rangel and Davies could offer a lot going forward whilst maintaining enough defensive cover. With Pablo, dyer routledge and lamah interchangeable for rangel and Ben i think it could work.

Also, i thought ML was definitely off after this season but apparently, in the last few weeks, he has been looking at buying the house next to me in Bishopston. Why would he be looking at moving within the swansea area now if he was definitely off in the summer ????
Just a thought.

Poll: Would you be happy if Garry monk is our next permanent manager ?

3-5-2 on 09:06 - Dec 30 with 2269 viewssomersetsimon

3-5-2 on 10:57 - Dec 29 by therealme

We would need players who can also defend out wide, Rangel and Davies would be my preferred 2

I'm not Vazquez's biggest fan but we've only seen him up front on his own. He might work better in a 2? When Michu is fit he plays

Midfield trio of Leon/Canas/Shelvey/JdG/Poz/Routs or Pablo in the whole
The midfield three could be 1 sitting, 2 in front.
2 sitting, 1 in the whole, flat 3, whatever

I dunno, I would just like us to try something different now and again. No secret Rodgers was working on 3-4-3 to add another string to our bow

Didn't Rodgers experiment with 3-4-3 in that weird game against Wolves. It was entertaining, but I don't think I could cope with a season of 4-4 draws!

I think 3 at the back could work as our centre backs can all pass the ball, rather than just hoofing the ball forward. Rangel and Davies playing wide would be good if we were on top, but if we are up against a good team pushing them back, we wouldn't have any width going forward. If the two full backs are providing the width, then we would have to do without our regular wingers. I'm not sure that would be a handicap at the moment, but we need to find a role for Dyer when he is fit.
3-5-2 on 09:51 - Dec 30 with 2239 viewswaynekerr55

3-5-2 on 23:56 - Dec 29 by 2face

So when Michu is out, he should play Bony in every game? Even when we have 3 games in 6 days?

pozuelo false 9 like Newcastle?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

3-5-2 on 09:56 - Dec 30 with 2232 viewsJokeren1943

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024