Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huw Jenkins Guardian interview 23:36 - Nov 2 with 17691 viewsSwansforever

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/nov/02/swansea-chairman-huw-jenkins-car Very interesting to read.
Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 11:37 - Nov 3 with 2770 viewsPrivate_Partz

Each time we change a manager or try and replace a player it is a huge gamble. one day we will come unstuck. Huw is not infallible.
If it was as easy as some on here suggest then all the perceived 'smaller' clubs would be doing it and competing at the top of the table.
I lived through the Toshack era and believe me there was a very thin line between success and failure over those two seasons at the top. It can all go tits up very easily.
We have huge strides to make in academies, training facilities, marketing, ticketing and ground improvements before we can stand toe to toe with the monied boys.
I think Huw should concentrate on these area and not issue criticism to ML and the players in the national press.
Having said all that I still cling to a hope that it was taken out of context but some media hack and Huw will put matters straight today.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 12:03 - Nov 3 with 2709 viewsHerohead

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 10:27 - Nov 3 by perchrockjack

Defeatist/realistic. However you look at it LAUDRUP seems to give too much respect to the "big" clubs. I m pretty much sick of him portraying us as cheeky little interlopers on the big stage.
I reckon as fans we re pretty proud and I d like to see Laudrup spout about this too instead of being like a modern day Uriah Heap. Humblemyarse.

Im hoping to day we show zero respect to an assof a club that is profoundly flawed and shames us as a country.

Come on now, if it were different some would just call him arrogant...
It's a lose/lose to be a manager, not all will be happy, personally i think this team lacks about 5-10% still, and i cant wait for it to "kick in"

Laudrup or another manager doesnt matter to me i still think the swansea job is a hard one, at some point progress will stop. Swansea isn't big enough to challenge the likes of chealsea, man u or gunners, and TBF at that point it will be an ungreatful job to manage swansea, when fans are unrealistic.

Just take a look at cardiff, some are already calling for malky's head. Even thoug they have done ok.

Im not sure that having a chairman who is a fan as well is always a good idea, there is a risk that it may cloud his judgement in buisness matters.

I am a plastic and can be objektive in swansea matters, and i really think that a huge portion of the fans are unrealistic in there expektations.

Sorry for any typo's

I googeled cardiff+football and got "page not found"
Poll: Laudrup out?

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 12:05 - Nov 3 with 2700 views3swan

Maybe it has been taken out of context ? but what has been reported as from HL is correct.
Since the cup final win, apart from some periods in matches, our pace in games has dropped where we could go at teams. You can't go from a walking pace to high pace in seconds.
As with players/managers in the past SCFC have been good for them and them for SCFC.
ML isn't beyond question - look at some of his buys/loans. There is more positive than negative, but the negative statements can affect players and lower performances can become the norm.
It does seem a strange time to give these thoughts to the press, but if as HJ says he has been thinking it for a while, especially the last month, then it could be a timely kick that's been needed
Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 12:17 - Nov 3 with 2673 viewsmonmouth

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 11:20 - Nov 3 by Captain_Sham

Some of Huws comments about acquiescing to fan desire have been troubling me recently also. I think we are at an important juncture in our development. Where indeed do we go from here?

Well not spending any more money, and not into the market for any players anyone's ever heard of for sure! I missed the slagging off of Bony (and again ML?) in there too....the dutch player that scored 33 goals that we read about in the paper....

Even more convinced now after a couple of beers. Stupid (public) article, stupid timing, no upside.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 12:36 - Nov 3 with 2635 viewsWarwickHunt

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 12:17 - Nov 3 by monmouth

Well not spending any more money, and not into the market for any players anyone's ever heard of for sure! I missed the slagging off of Bony (and again ML?) in there too....the dutch player that scored 33 goals that we read about in the paper....

Even more convinced now after a couple of beers. Stupid (public) article, stupid timing, no upside.

No upside - exactly.

I'm far from convinced that Huw is the brains of the oufit anyway.

If he is, he needs to get someone else to handle the press interviews...
Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 12:36 - Nov 3 with 2643 viewsHerohead

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 12:05 - Nov 3 by 3swan

Maybe it has been taken out of context ? but what has been reported as from HL is correct.
Since the cup final win, apart from some periods in matches, our pace in games has dropped where we could go at teams. You can't go from a walking pace to high pace in seconds.
As with players/managers in the past SCFC have been good for them and them for SCFC.
ML isn't beyond question - look at some of his buys/loans. There is more positive than negative, but the negative statements can affect players and lower performances can become the norm.
It does seem a strange time to give these thoughts to the press, but if as HJ says he has been thinking it for a while, especially the last month, then it could be a timely kick that's been needed

I dont think any manager should be beyond question, maybe old rednose.
In ealier interviews Huw also statet that succes in europe was a part of the plan to "advertise" swansea on the continent. And we all know how many teams have struggeled to balance the europa league and barcleys PL.
We are doing a good job of it for now. Could it be better? Yes we could have won more at home, no doubt about that.
But looking at the bigger picture it's not as bad as some make it out to be.

I really hope we dont lose today, else this place will be a mare of doom n gloomers

I googeled cardiff+football and got "page not found"
Poll: Laudrup out?

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 14:44 - Nov 3 with 2517 viewsSwanfan1

Maybe ML tries to put pressure on the opposition, or thinks "his putting pressure" on the opposition by saying
they play for other things, and the pressure is on them, not us.

But Huw Jenkins got a point, look at WBA and Stoke when they came to Old Trafford, did they sit back ?

Btw. WBA spent less then Swansea, so there ya go and you do not hear them talk like that.

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 18:03 - Nov 3 with 2422 viewsWatchman

HJ got it right! you know he did when BT starts calling out SCFC on twitter

listless and gutless performance

deserved win for them

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Login to get fewer ads

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 18:04 - Nov 3 with 2418 viewsmonmouth

Does this mean the honeymoon's over then? Oh shucks....

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 18:05 - Nov 3 with 2414 viewsCaptain_Sham

Wouldnt it be funny if after all that happened Huw sacked him.

Its just a ride.

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 18:07 - Nov 3 with 2407 viewsCaptain_Sham

November the 5th soon. Theres enough dynamite in vulnerable places to blow this mofo.... fire in the hole

Its just a ride.

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 18:14 - Nov 3 with 2400 viewsJonnyTheJack

I think Huw is annoyed that Bony doesn't start more especially after the money we paid for him. He his right we're too negative sometimes. I hope this is the kick up the arse the team needed.
Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 18:49 - Nov 3 with 2372 viewsmawdlamjack

Reading between the lines or not, there was obviously a very valid reason for HJ to do the interview informing the Guardian of his opinions, so it must mean something?

Some of the detail reported in the article I have thought and been saying since we were promoted. Why is it ok to reach 40 points and stop? Why is it assumed that if we play one of the top 6 or seven, it's ok to lose? It's not acceptable in either case. we should be anticipating and trying to win every game, and getting as many points as we can. It's a very negative and demoralising attitude for the team and supporters. It's accepted that the "big" teams have a stronger choice of squad and cash, but they can be beaten, as was demonstrated yesterday with Chelsea, and Cardiff and MC at the start of the season, and with our game against MC in our first year.

An appalling attitude to have, we should be approaching each game with the belief and determination to win, without exception. If this were the case, I am sure the team would perform better , if they repeatedly hear that they're second rate, then that's how they will perform, just like today.

ML get your brain and attitude in gear and step up to the mark, before it's too late!

Just one final point, can someone please hazard a guess at the reason the team has been so pedestrian lately, they hardly moved against WHU, and didn't do much better today.

on the northbank since 64 now languishing in the east stand

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 22:20 - Nov 3 with 2320 viewsUxbridge

Huw saw this coming. Actually a lot of us did.

The whole club needs a readjustment. Players, management, fans .... everyone. Far too comfy.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 22:23 - Nov 3 with 2306 viewsmonmouth

F**k all that. If we get to 40 points I'll be delighted (sorry Huw)

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 22:23 - Nov 3 with 2306 views3swan

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 22:20 - Nov 3 by Uxbridge

Huw saw this coming. Actually a lot of us did.

The whole club needs a readjustment. Players, management, fans .... everyone. Far too comfy.

I've posted a few thoughts tonight, but I think the word 'comfy' sums up best the attitude of things at the club at the moment.
Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 22:25 - Nov 3 with 2300 viewssketty_jack

ML is too wet for management!
Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 22:26 - Nov 3 with 2292 viewsmonmouth

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 22:25 - Nov 3 by sketty_jack

ML is too wet for management!

Aye he could never manage a club to the first trophy in its 100 year history. Never. FFS.

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 22:34 - Nov 3 with 2276 viewssketty_jack

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 22:26 - Nov 3 by monmouth

Aye he could never manage a club to the first trophy in its 100 year history. Never. FFS.

Aye he did, should we stand around clapping while our constant decline since that win continues? The man is not untouchable and is more than likely gonna depart at the end of the season anyway so try and recognise that he has faults.
Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 22:38 - Nov 3 with 2268 viewsUxbridge

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 22:23 - Nov 3 by 3swan

I've posted a few thoughts tonight, but I think the word 'comfy' sums up best the attitude of things at the club at the moment.

Must admit I haven't read other threads tonight, but can guess. I'm not going to lose sleep over one defeat but the circumstances are inexcusable.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 22:39 - Nov 3 with 2268 viewsmonmouth

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 22:34 - Nov 3 by sketty_jack

Aye he did, should we stand around clapping while our constant decline since that win continues? The man is not untouchable and is more than likely gonna depart at the end of the season anyway so try and recognise that he has faults.

I recognise he has faults, do you recognise that he is patently not too wet for management?

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 22:43 - Nov 3 with 2257 viewsskippyjack

He saw it coming.. Our performance today was just that.. we didn't believe we could win it. Play the game, not the occasion.. but when you're 1-0 down to a rival.. playing the occasion can help. but we continued to defend our 1-0 defeat in regular Swansea City fashion.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 23:19 - Nov 3 with 2195 viewsDull1Thomas

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 18:14 - Nov 3 by JonnyTheJack

I think Huw is annoyed that Bony doesn't start more especially after the money we paid for him. He his right we're too negative sometimes. I hope this is the kick up the arse the team needed.

An interesting point but wasn't it ML who reportedly complained Swansea weren't prepared to spend in the summer and Huw who said money would be available for the right player?
We can only speculate on who did what but it has to be said this summer's signings haven't gelled.
I can only assume the players brought in last year were on our radar before ML took over - so who recommended this year's crop?

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 23:04 - Nov 4 with 2066 viewsOldjack

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 23:19 - Nov 3 by Dull1Thomas

An interesting point but wasn't it ML who reportedly complained Swansea weren't prepared to spend in the summer and Huw who said money would be available for the right player?
We can only speculate on who did what but it has to be said this summer's signings haven't gelled.
I can only assume the players brought in last year were on our radar before ML took over - so who recommended this year's crop?

I totally agree with Huw's comments, defeatist attitudes have no place in our club

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 10:01 - Nov 5 with 1976 views2face

Huw Jenkins Guardian interview on 18:49 - Nov 3 by mawdlamjack

Reading between the lines or not, there was obviously a very valid reason for HJ to do the interview informing the Guardian of his opinions, so it must mean something?

Some of the detail reported in the article I have thought and been saying since we were promoted. Why is it ok to reach 40 points and stop? Why is it assumed that if we play one of the top 6 or seven, it's ok to lose? It's not acceptable in either case. we should be anticipating and trying to win every game, and getting as many points as we can. It's a very negative and demoralising attitude for the team and supporters. It's accepted that the "big" teams have a stronger choice of squad and cash, but they can be beaten, as was demonstrated yesterday with Chelsea, and Cardiff and MC at the start of the season, and with our game against MC in our first year.

An appalling attitude to have, we should be approaching each game with the belief and determination to win, without exception. If this were the case, I am sure the team would perform better , if they repeatedly hear that they're second rate, then that's how they will perform, just like today.

ML get your brain and attitude in gear and step up to the mark, before it's too late!

Just one final point, can someone please hazard a guess at the reason the team has been so pedestrian lately, they hardly moved against WHU, and didn't do much better today.

"It's accepted that the "big" teams have a stronger choice of squad and cash, but they can be beaten, as was demonstrated yesterday with Chelsea, and Cardiff and MC at the start of the season, and with our game against MC in our first year."

It was also demonstrated with Cardiff beating us.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2013 10:05]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024